• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

I dont really think the rival exclusive upgrades (celtic glass/aligator farm) are really worth it, the percentage difference between level 1 and 2 are literally 3% in all areas, get more from just building 2 unless you just can't fit it in your city - but there is probably a lot that can be replaced at this point even in the last few events 2x2's.
If you are going fr efficiency it's is always better to use the more efficient version.
Are those worth 1400 pots from end of town, probably not.
But for Celtic Glass at least the difference is also double the FSP fragments. Which is doubled again if you are using Blue Galaxy.

Getting one of those during Rival is worth it, because in the new Rival version it can be done (not completed) without spending pots. By using the boosters you get from Rival itself. You do need to buy 30 fp with coins! Just dont doo the last 2 quests from questline D.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Event is too many days long, takes too much time to play along with Rival mini games and the coming new Guild raids. GE L5 and GBG both take quite a chuck of time. On top of this, my main city is in the middle of the wildlife event which also has Rival on the SAME day as beta. I already skip settlements and pvp because there is not enough hours in the day to do all these things. I'm retired and have lots of time but it is still not enough. In the future I plan to skip events just for personnel time savings. The excessive time required seems counterproductive to game monetization. I can't image how people can have more than 2 cities. There are many days I spend 8 to 10 hours on FOE.
I agree, the game is becoming way too time consuming. Since this is Beta, it would be a good place to bring this aspect up for consideration. This is not a griping or complaining post, simply pointing out the painfully obvious.

For me, instead of being more engaging, the game is distancing me from playing. I have 3 cities. Retired one, dramatically slowed playing on the other two and deciding which of those to shut down. I used to spend Diamonds about equal on all 3, depending on the event rewards and what each city required. With so much going on in each city, I find I am just avoiding participating in any of them. It gets too confusing for this retired old man when going from one city to another as each city has different tasks to be performed each day.

We already basically have an event constantly going on. There is a very short break between month long events now. So besides the other activities of a city: GE, raising buildings, GbG, event tasks, Challenges. Quests, Tasks… We now have Rival questlines which seem to override other aspects of the game as they are very time sensitive.

We not only have to perform these new quests/tasks, but spend time to figure out HOW to accomplish them and if they are even worth doing. While I am trying to figure out Rival, I am neglecting the other activities in a city. It is to the point running each city is like having a separate job. A full time job to keep each one running and perform all the required activities. And a job that needs to be tracked as many activities are time sensitive. I need to set reminders to be in the game at certain times for activities, it cannot be random. So like a job, I need to plan my day around the game.

Soon, there will be more tasks added to each city with QI, Updated GE and whatever else was in the pipeline. This is going to take up even more time and further separate me from visiting each city. It is frustrating, not fun, to enter a city and have a list of activities that need to be accomplished each day, or several times a day And yes, I can pick and choose what to do and what not to do. Then it gets to the point of why even have that city if all I am doing is log in to collect, then close it. Which is still a time sensitive job as collections open up at a specific time each day. :-})

One Solution: Slow down adding more activities and concentrate on making the existing activities more fulfilling. There will still be enough face time in the game for users to find things to spend diamonds on. But make it quality time, not just time spent. Give users more of a reason for logging in each day, several times a day.

Another solution: Give users a way to schedule activities to their schedule. As we can start the Daily Challenge and time our city collection to our schedules, make other activities schedulable.

Example: Rival. Give users a window to be able to start it in. 48 hours perhaps, so it is more flexible. The start does not hinge on anything outside of the user, no one else depends on the timing of it, not like GbG start.

I like the new Rival more than the previous one.
The reward are better and the cost is more reasonable with the additional tools.
Still not f2p for the last 2 quests in questline D. I'm not sure that the required time skip of 4 and8 hours make very little sense in the city progression anyway.

The GE quests are much more difficult without the GE attempt in the reward.
You might want to restore a few of those to the quests that currently have only pot reward.
Doing GE4 in 48 hours is possible, but difficult unless we buy additional attempt with medals.
In the end we will just all buy the attempt, but I doublt that will net you any diamonds spent.

Firehunt

Farmer
I dont really think the rival exclusive upgrades (celtic glass/aligator farm) are really worth it, the percentage difference between level 1 and 2 are literally 3% in all areas, get more from just building 2 unless you just can't fit it in your city - but there is probably a lot that can be replaced at this point even in the last few events 2x2's.
It gives frags of FSP if you missed fall event then this is your chance to get FSP 4 frags at l1 8 frags at l2

Amitola1

Farmer
Having just started Beta and still in BA the Rival worked out well for me. It automatically finished all the GE encounter quests so I picked up a lot of pots and other rewards. When it goes live and I have to do it in my 2 cities that I am in IND I don't think I will be so lucky.

Having just started Beta and still in BA the Rival worked out well for me. It automatically finished all the GE encounter quests so I picked up a lot of pots and other rewards. When it goes live and I have to do it in my 2 cities that I am in IND I don't think I will be so lucky.
Just finish GE4 and you get the same effect.
Note: if you negotiate the first 2 platform and fight the other you should be able to complete the B and C questline. The fight in the B questline are the same of some of the platforms in GE,

Atosha

Merchant
I have to say Rival version 2 is quite a success, the reviewed rewards make it more accessible and interesting for a lot of players. And there still is the harder end quest more oriented PtW, which seems acceptable to me.
Please keep it like that on live :)

Regarding the main event, I do have some remarks about the Grand prize lane :
  1. We receive 3 level 1 of Celtic tavern before getting enough ups for 1 level 7. I think this is too unbalanced.
  2. On top of that, Druid Hut is missing (and St Patrick event having no daily special, there's no epic selection kit easily accessible). Yes, the reviewed rival make it possible to get some (and on live, with 2 rivals like there, the possibility to get an Archdruid is offered). But that still means that it's the first event since the introduction of silver/gold upgrade where a new player cannot get it thanks to the event itself - and also that on Beta, as a new player here, I won't obtain it (got already 1 gold and 2 platinum upgrade, a bit useless like that).
I can understand that the last Celtic tavern selection kit arrives at 400 progress but maybe the grand prize lane may be reworked to get less celtic tavern lvl 1 / other less interesting rewards to include some druid hut / epic selection kit?

[...]
I can understand that the last Celtic tavern selection kit arrives at 400 progress but maybe the grand prize lane may be reworked to get less celtic tavern lvl 1 / other less interesting rewards to include some druid hut / epic selection kit?
I think you forgot to count the upgrade kit in the milestones. With the last milestone (last day) you only need 200 progress.
The 400 progress is needed only if you want to complete the building before the event ends.

Atosha

Merchant
@Fury the Avenger Indeed, I was focusing on the progress during the event itself.
Reaching 350, you have 3 lvl 1 but not yet lvl 7. That seems bad to me and I would prefer having something else for 350 milestone, like Druid Hut, for players that weren't there 1 year ago.
As a few others prizes could be switched for Druid Hut, event could be made more "standard" in the way of getting previous year building.

Devilsangel

Baronet
I have a question, I ve done 379 quests, but in league table i Have 557. Why?
It's a bug, your QI progress adds to st Patrick's League progress

Wondering how it is calculated on server side. Because it's only the browser version showing more points. App is correct.

If the problem also exists on the server side, then I'm not surprised that the silver league is suddenly increasing so quickly.

which implies that the current league status is ... useless. From the outside (me) there is absolutely no reason that QI has any effect on the event, meaning that the software is utterly broken (mixing up completely unrelated parts of a bigger project) - which also makes it difficult to fix. With only 3-4 days left for cleanup by Inno it might remain useless until the end :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kronan

Viceroy
@kleopatra911 - yes exactly. Hard to figure out where you are (and everyone else is...) in the League SPD ranking, as some very honest beta gamers :Thumbsup: already indicated they're "arbitrarily" in GOLD because they're playing strongly and productively in QI.

Agree - QI progress (or lack of it) should have absolutely no bearing or relationship to the LEAGUE standings of a FoE event in progress. It's gotta be a crazy cross-linked "somewhere".

I'm sure it will be adjusted, hopefully soon.

Last edited:

Amitola1

Farmer
Just noticed a discrepancy with the Celtic Tavern. If you check the upgrade in the event it doesn't show coins or supplies. However, when you plant it in your city it does give supplies when you collect it.