• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Devilsangel

Baronet
I'm considering not to even spend my precious time on this event now.
I, and I know for sure I am one of many, who play the lazy version of 5-6 town max. With this new "improvement" no chance of getting the last upgrade from event and I consider the lvl 10 building not that much better than others like it and lvl 9 certainly not worth the space that It will take up for 3-5 months

Ironrooster

Baronet
I'm considering not to even spend my precious time on this event now.
I, and I know for sure I am one of many, who play the lazy version of 5-6 town max. With this new "improvement" no chance of getting the last upgrade from event and I consider the lvl 10 building not that much better than others like it and lvl 9 certainly not worth the space that It will take up for 3-5 months
I played 6 towns on Beta and got 4 sets of 50 fragments. I know others did not, but it made the event kinda of fun.

I was looking forward to the event on live for all my cities just to see how close they each could come in 5-6 towns. But I don't know now, What I do know is I'm not playing multiple cities to reach the 600 tasks completed - which can't be done anyway unless you spend massive amounts of diamonds to really rush your towns.

Lindsay

Merchant
Of course it is now worse than the final version we had here on beta,

but for live it is the best decision I think.

Cause we got a lot of complaints about the randomness for receiving the final level

LOL. Just like that? Lot of complaints. Poor Inno team :( You'd better respond with the same passion and pace to some really worthwhile complaints.
Sorry not sorry

mcbluefire

Baronet
In the end the 50 fragment chance was replaced with one fragment on the level 9 building. Of course it is now worse than the final version we had here on beta, but for live it is the best decision I think. Cause we got a lot of complaints about the randomness for receiving the final level (even after the addition of 1 fragment to level 9), so one thing less players will complain about :)

Just wait until the complaints on live come in about having to pay $15 or wait 150 days for the last level of an event building. If level 9 was on par with past finished event buildings then the players would have no leg to stand on, but nope....level 9 is on par with missing one upgrade on past event buildings except that it provides a frag a day to eventually upgrade itself. The golden upgrade kit should have made a really good event building even better, but instead it's just a new name for the final level [period],

No way I'd downgrade my city in efficiency to wait 150 days to finally add a decent event building.

Just wait, it's coming.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Just wait until the complaints on live come in about having to pay $15 or wait 150 days for the last level of an event building. If level 9 was on par with past finished event buildings then the players would have no leg to stand on, but nope....level 9 is on par with missing one upgrade on past event buildings except that it provides a frag a day to eventually upgrade itself. The golden upgrade kit should have made a really good event building even better, but instead it's just a new name for the final level [period],

No way I'd downgrade my city in efficiency to wait 150 days to finally add a decent event building.

Just wait, it's coming.
And that's one of the core problems with this! It's not that you're waiting (or paying) to get a better building than a normal event building, but rather waiting to get to that level of a normal event building! It's one thing to be waiting to get a superior upgrade, but entirely another thing to wait 5 months for this - at which point something better will be available anyways.

Gedrog

Squire
Not to mention those dumb 1x1 trees that require a road. Seriously when we have the Phantom Tower of Conjuring that doesn't even need a road I just don't care anymore about this event. I decided not to spend any diamonds or buy the premium pass, I will just try to finish the building at maximum level on all my worlds and wait for the anniversary event to dump some diamonds and maybe purchase the premium pass.
I mean where in the world we live in, do you see a tree that needs a road to grow and bear fruit? :cool::cool::cool::cool:
I am very much of the same opinion as long as they do not screw up the stats on the event buildings for the Anniversary event then I am looking to seriously splurge some cash in the live on the anniversary event

Finkadel

Marquis
I mean where in the world we live in, do you see a tree that needs a road to grow and bear fruit? :cool::cool::cool::cool:
I am very much of the same opinion as long as they do not screw up the stats on the event buildings for the Anniversary event then I am looking to seriously splurge some cash in the live on the anniversary event
Well, you know... People growing and harvesting trees for living actually need roads to do so... Perhaps you live in the middle of abandoned woods, but we here live in cities and actually often see trees by the roads, you know. Like: always... :)

Finkadel

Marquis
And that's one of the core problems with this! It's not that you're waiting (or paying) to get a better building than a normal event building, but rather waiting to get to that level of a normal event building! It's one thing to be waiting to get a superior upgrade, but entirely another thing to wait 5 months for this - at which point something better will be available anyways.
You seem to miss vital point - from now on better buildings will be hidden behind paywall... That's Inno intention and design. So, yeah, perhaps going for 150 days to upgrade building is actually dedicated design for live worlds, since they are not going to provide anything better for free players anymore... Not all of us are endgame players with ton of good stuff, so it would be better than nothing at all. So yeah, they are not lying saying it would be "better" from their point of view. Just expect only worse and their statement makes sense...

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, you know... People growing and harvesting trees for living actually need roads to do so... Perhaps you live in the middle of abandoned woods, but we here live in cities and actually often see trees by the roads, you know. Like: always... :)
The urban parks must lack a lot of greenery. From the best of my knowledge, most urban parks feature trees with no road or path near them. Even in the middle of big cities. Can't imagine a park where the only trees that grow, are the ones adjacent to a path.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes I think of these trees needing roads as an incentive to make "pretty" cities, with lines of trees along your road in front of bigger buildings behind them :) i.e. a tree-lined boulevard which is good for sound-dampening, and appearance.

Of course a real tree doesn't *need* a road (rather the area surrounding the road benefits from the tree). But that's the only way inno has in-game to encourage us to put a tree by a road instead of behind the buildings.

Finkadel

Marquis
Yes I think of these trees needing roads as an incentive to make "pretty" cities, with lines of trees along your road in front of bigger buildings behind them :) i.e. a tree-lined boulevard which is good for sound-dampening, and appearance.

Of course a real tree doesn't *need* a road (rather the area surrounding the road benefits from the tree). But that's the only way inno has in-game to encourage us to put a tree by a road instead of behind the buildings.
Yes, trees in cities, next to roads and sidewalks, are much appreciated, they give shadow during hotter and hotter summers :) But that is more "roads need trees" than other way round :)

Orchards, though... Trees need roads in these :)

Finkadel

Marquis
The urban parks must lack a lot of greenery. From the best of my knowledge, most urban parks feature trees with no road or path near them. Even in the middle of big cities. Can't imagine a park where the only trees that grow, are the ones adjacent to a path.
You would have to count trees in the parks and trees by the roads to see actual ratio trees/roads :) I live in the city with many trees along pathways and I hope it only changes in advantage to trees :)

Finkadel

Marquis
Well I mean there are two separate issues : what you CAN get, and what you would LIKE to get.

Using subpar defensive options because it's hard to get as many sentinel outposts as you can get is definitely somewhat a thing still for some - part of the issue with a 2 level 1x1 is it takes a lot of wins of specials to make a dent even if it does outclass everything in terms of defense efficiency.

But in that situation it really isn't a "tree of vitality" vs "sentinel outpost" situation - it's a you-want-both situation :p Replace some of your attack-only options with tree of vitality, keep up on that front, and get higher defense as a side while you continue to try to build more sentinel outposts as you get the chance as well.

But even if I could have a city where every single tile other than a GB was a level 2 sentinel outpost, that isn't the city I would want anyways.

----

My cities that want equal-or-higher-defense have largely caught up now with similar tradeoffs.

My SAJM diamond mine(ex-main) is sitting at 802/800; it canned most of its pure attack for a mix of more wells and overall-more-efficient attack/defense hybrids (including what eagle reserves I could win for free from wildlife events). The next step there will depend on what the requirements for GE5 will be (and whether I decide it should do it) - as I have more than enough boost for GE4 atm and that's all I really *need* there for now.

My VF main is sitting at 1520/1446. It removed a lot of one-dimensional attack buildings in favor of eagle reserves during last wildlife, paying some diamonds to do so (but it was relatively diamond-efficient as far as winning extra buildings go). It has 18 eagle reserves in total. Attack is still ahead on it because it also has 42 wheat fields in fall fields layouts that I consider too good to give up for the foreseeable future - but they are the only attack-only buildings I intend to keep longterm still at this time. I hope to have Druid Huts + Nutcrackers + Trees of Vitality replace some of what remains for one-dimensional buildings (attack-only, defense-only, *and* "nice BG collection") and eventually get my defense *higher* than my attack there.

Increasing good hybrid-options can only help your quest to get your defense closer to your attack *as well as* continuing to build sentinel outposts until such time that you feel you have "too much defense".

The buildings with "least % wasted military squares" as it stands now (wasted military squares being defined as how much space you could save by going with the best-one-dimensional-option for attack (WP Lv 2) and defense (sentinel outpost) instead):

1) GBs & Yggdrassil - -100% or better - but you can only have 1 of each
2) Tree of Vitality - -27%
3) House of the Wolf - -6%
4) Nutcracker Guardhouse - -5%
5) Fall Fields 13 pc attack (7 wheat, 2 ochre, 2 begonia, 2 scarecrow) - -1% (note that this is just my preferred layout; there's an even-more-military 13 piece that should rate a little higher but give less FP/goods and have a few more awkward gaps to fill (with sentinel outposts probably)
6) Sentinel Outpost, Winner's Plaza Lv 2, Eagle Reserve, Archdruid's Hut - 0%
7) Heroes Tavern - 3%
8) Tree of Silence - 7%
9) Pergola - 9%

This is specific to SAJM. In ages below AF, Fall Fields becomes the standard for attack on top of providing a little extra defense and is pretty much unbeatable still (augmented with sentinel outposts if desired). Tree of Vitality needs AF+ and Nutcracker Guardhouse needs OF+ or they're significantly worse. Other buildings that scale with age similarly suffer.
Well, just to be strict - I was talking about Tree of Silence, currently unavailable... :)

Thank you for your insight on other buildings, I am your die-hard fan when it comes to those (not kidding, Sir). But you worried me with layout of fields - I was going blindly for 4 wheat and 2 ochres one and now you tell me there is something better?! :)

I also wouldn't like to have city with that many sentinel outposts. I have 100 of them on one of my main and it surely is not an eye-catcher :/

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, just to be strict - I was talking about Tree of Silence, currently unavailable... :)

Thank you for your insight on other buildings, I am your die-hard fan when it comes to those (not kidding, Sir). But you worried me with layout of fields - I was going blindly for 4 wheat and 2 ochres one and now you tell me there is something better?! :)

I also wouldn't like to have city with that many sentinel outposts. I have 100 of them on one of my main and it surely is not an eye-catcher :/
you can extend the 4 wheat, 2 ochre, 1 scarecrow, 1 begonia to 7 wheat, 2 ochre, 2 scarecrow, 2 begonia by inverting the scarecrow and begonia and putting a layer of all-wheat between it to maintain all pieces fully supported but have a slightly higher % of wheat.

1677091469080.png

if *all* you care about is military there is instead an 8 wheat, 3 ochre, 2 (scarecrow or begonia) layout that's popular amongst some - your scarecrow/begonia pieces make do with only 2 out of 3 support. And it has a bit of extra "spare" space to fill (with probably sentinel outposts). But you get extra military pieces. You can also extend it with additional 1 ochre, 4 wheat, 1 scarecrow/begonia units (that add 4 more dead squares to fill each):

1677091636443.png

1677091812025.png

Gedrog

Squire
you can extend the 4 wheat, 2 ochre, 1 scarecrow, 1 begonia to 7 wheat, 2 ochre, 2 scarecrow, 2 begonia by inverting the scarecrow and begonia and putting a layer of all-wheat between it to maintain all pieces fully supported but have a slightly higher % of wheat.

View attachment 8950

if *all* you care about is military there is instead an 8 wheat, 3 ochre, 2 (scarecrow or begonia) layout that's popular amongst some - your scarecrow/begonia pieces make do with only 2 out of 3 support. And it has a bit of extra "spare" space to fill (with probably sentinel outposts). But you get extra military pieces. You can also extend it with additional 1 ochre, 4 wheat, 1 scarecrow/begonia units (that add 4 more dead squares to fill each):

View attachment 8951

View attachment 8952

I went more balanced total 60% attack IA
Loads FP loads goods and 24% defence
Houndsmoor
well2.jpg
Rinse and repeat in my second world Arvahall
Well.jpg

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I went more balanced total 60% attack IA
Loads FP loads goods and 24% defence
Houndsmoor
Yea, I did a FP & Goods setup on the new world on US that started on fall event last year. Eventually it'll morph into pieces of an attack setup, but at the time I wanted the auto-renovating goods especially.

But from the context of the question it seemed he was interested primarily in the attack-oriented setups :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You would have to count trees in the parks and trees by the roads to see actual ratio trees/roads :) I live in the city with many trees along pathways and I hope it only changes in advantage to trees :)
I don't have that much spare time and the spare that I have is better spend elsewhere.xd Anyways the ratio is beyond the point. Besides the urban trees from FoE from progressive era doesn't need a road either and they are literally urban trees. Closest FoE tree you're referring to.
I was rather wondering about the parks. Like all trees in cities having a path or road adjacent to them. I've been in lots of places with trees. Most common trees where not close to paths or roads. Like zoos, amusement parks, urban parks, etc.