• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Owl II

Emperor
I'm making 6th city. I bought gold-level fragments only once. Hope to be lucky at least once more. I've always liked Patrick. Of course, this event is only for one world. The idea of an additional level might not be so bad. The current implementation (available chests between cities with updates of the main prize) gives us a lot of options, it forces us to think and make decisions. This is what has always been missing in the FOE events for me. Playing dumb store is boring.

But the statistics of the building are not the strongest. This baby tree is cool only at first glance. It will not be easy to get it, and the requirement of the road levels all its coolness and makes it a mediocre building, besides still inconvenient. I won't build it in my main city, but I'll do an event maybe

Astrid

Baronet
Did anyone saw any Druid template kits so far ? I didn't see any so far and I completed a couple of towns.

Balinor

Steward
Did anyone saw any Druid template kits so far ? I didn't see any so far and I completed a couple of towns.
I have seen a golden druid hut upgrade kit in the chests at end of town
Spent 150 PoG and got it on third chest
They are also the grandprizes for completing the 300 task and the 450 task

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Based on a sample size of 127 that I've been able to gather from my discord & some other sources, it seems like the 5x fragments option is considerably lower than the other 2 ...

Celtic Farmstead Selection KitDruid Trees Selection Kit5x Golden Kit Fragments
45.7 %35.4 %18.9 %

Of course, still a relatively low sample size, but based on that it looks like it might be 45/35/20... If the fragments have a 20% drop rate, you have a 62.4% chance of getting 2 or more from 10 towns, 95.6% for 1 or more from 14 towns.

If that is indeed the case, the chance for fragments should definitely be increased. Personally I'd change the mechanics entirely, either making them appear after fixed towns, or even remove them entirely and compensate for that elsewhere.

Sinitar

Regent
Based on a sample size of 127 that I've been able to gather from my discord & some other sources, it seems like the 5x fragments option is considerably lower than the other 2 ...

Celtic Farmstead Selection KitDruid Trees Selection Kit5x Golden Kit Fragments
45.7 %35.4 %18.9 %

Of course, still a relatively low sample size, but based on that it looks like it might be 45/35/20... If the fragments have a 20% drop rate, you have a 62.4% chance of getting 2 or more from 10 towns, 95.6% for 1 or more from 14 towns.

If that is indeed the case, the chance for fragments should definitely be increased. Personally I'd change the mechanics entirely, either making them appear after fixed towns, or even remove them entirely and compensate for that elsewhere.
I don't know if the devs have listened me but after finished the 5th city, finally I have the first x5 fragments
download (72).png

Second wave of chest https://prnt.sc/b_FR9qP0wn6G

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not properly...
You're still missing something: -ScytheNinjAlin- hasn't gained none fragments yet and he's at 7th city
I suppose that the chance to gain 5 fragments from chests is 10%
I'm at 2/5 (about to finish 6 later tonight). Seen someone in this thread that was at 2/3. Small sample sizes can come up with all kinds of crazy numbers. When RNG is involved you can't go "worked for me, must be fine for everyone" OR "didn't work for me, must be impossible". Voluntary reporting also has problems as you can get a selection bias. Polling is probably the best you can do to determine the "real" spawn rate (which is hopefully a close approximation of what mooingcat has done) and then from the real spawn rate you can determine the success rate of various strategies.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
either making them appear after fixed towns, or even remove them entirely and compensate for that elsewhere.

I think this would be the best fix, given I (assume) easy to implement, and if it's not random, much easier to balance too, making it balanced. Which. Should. Be. The. Case. Because as you mentioned it many times, we were told events are going to be balanced after the chest removal, but here we are...fighting for Inno not making a fully leveled (and no, don't care, lvl10 is the highest you can get, so that's the full, not lvl9, Inno can call it however it likes to) event building about luck and/or money.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
NinjAlin , you seem to be a complete town ahead.. and I'm setting alarms for the middle of the night.. what's the secret sauce? thks !
The generic optimal strategy for "close" manager levels :

1) Make sure you have enough production and shipping to never run out of stock for your current festival tier.
2) Cheap Festival Levels
3) Excess Production (right amount to get close to done 7 shortly after 5)
4) Excess Shipping (right amount to get close to done 6 shortly after 5)
5) Tier-Up Festival
6) Tier-Up Shipping
7) Tier-Up Production

Goto 1.

The basic idea is that if your city is relatively well balanced, festival levels will determine the rate at which you can do steps 1->5, but time to 7 will be determined partly by 3 and time to 6 will be determined partly by 4 as even a slight excess will build up significantly over the long wait time, and let you finish the "just as expensive" step 6 quick compared to step 5. If you overdo step 3 and 4 though then you unnecessarily add a significant delay to step 5.

Picking the right festival/shipyard/factory levels for 2, 3 & 4 before long wait periods can cut hours off (call it staging).

An example:

At Festival 3-Shipping 3-Fireworks 2 when going from 250/250/25 to 300/300/50 in my sim:

Without steps 2,3,4:
1) 2 Fireworks Levels to 27 (needed to not run out) (<2 minutes)
2) -
3) -
4) -
5) Festival 300 (~10.3 hours)
6) Shipyard 300 (~5.4 hours)
7) Fireworks 50 (~2.1 hours)

Total = ~17.8 hours hours to go from 250/250/25 to 300/300/50

1) 2 Fireworks Levels to 27
2) 13 Festival Levels to 263: (~0.2 hours)
3) 3 Fireworks Levels to 30: (~0.1 hours) (or 7 to 34 if you don't want to count on your drink factory) (~0.2 hours)
4) 36 Shipyard levels to 286: (~2.5 hours)
5) Festival 300 (~9.6 hours)
6) Shipyard 300 (~1.6 hours)
7) Fireworks 50 (~0.6 hours)

Total = ~14.7-14.8 hours to go from 250/250/25 to 300/300/50

You could further refine this a little by splitting the staging up into more steps - and taking it a bit further (since the time from 4->6 is bound by the shipyard at this point for instance, it's hard to cut off more time if you don't take that shipyard a bit higher. you might finish 5 faster by adding some extra festival levels, but still be waiting just as long in total to ship enough to finish 6).

With shipyard manager at 2 or 4 instead (while festival and fireworks are both still 3 & 2) (the other ones I've somewhat heavily simmed this year):

Shipyard 2: Fireworks stays at 25 (because you don't ship enough to need more), Festival & Shipping goes to 265/282 (~2.1 hours) then Shipping goes to 297 (~5.6 hours), then back to festival for 300 (~9.4 hours), shipyard 300 (~0.6 hours), Fireworks 50 (~0.6 hours). Total 18.3 hours to go from 250/250/25 to 300/300/50.

Shipyard 4: Fireworks goes to 40 (~0.5 hours), Festival goes to 276 (~0.9 hours), Shipyard stays at 250 (you already overship enough because of the higher manager), Festival goes to 300 (~8.5 hours), Shipyard goes to 300 (~1.9 hours), Fireworks goes to 50 (~0.5 hours). Total 12.3 hours to go from 250/250/25 to 300/300/50.

Similar refinements can be made going from 200/200/x to 250/250/25, but the time cut off is much less because the total time is less.

Last edited:

kawada

Marquis
When the browser is closed shortly after an action in the StPat minigame, the change is not saved properly.
It seems the browser sends the action taken to the server only after a couple seconds (up to 10- correction up to 20!!!!) - that is way more time than should be considered for "lets wait a sec for everything to be properly saved"

e.g.:
View attachment 8710

before upgrading hat factory upgrade hat factory and reload shortly after after reload

game progress should be submitted to the server at least when a building threshold is reached and the production is increased significantly.

this issue is still super annoying to me. I am at work, I log in quickly to upgrade a building, then log off. I come to the game in some time and see that my actions from previous login have never been effective. Considering tight timelines of the event, the impact is quite significant

if the game is not synchronised immediately, it would be great to at least have a sign when sync is completed

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
well 3rd city done, and got my first 5 frags of Golden.

after buying all boxes.... the next 6 boxes didn't get one... now that would be temping to try at least 2 boxes...if that happened

EDIT: I just rechecked the 6 boxes cause I saw a Tree icon but its missing the only Tree that matters!!!

lol ooooohh Inno you almost got me excited, i would happily opened two boxes for a chance

1673489132469.png

morbeta

Farmer
after the 6th city, the first 5 fragments - I hope I don't have to go through 18 cities to collect the gold upgrade (

jtrucker

Baronet
So, you have a Choice between Fighting, Fighting and better Fighting - again.
Tree of Vitality will be build the most, if not exclusively, because it does everything the other two trees does, but better - so why even bother to make it a three-way 'choice' when in reality it actually isn't. again.
It's worse than that. Tree of vitality is THE ONLY USEFUL. It does not do what the others do. The others add military bonuses to DEFENDING army, which is totally absolutely useless in this game. Tree of vitality gives the bonuses for attacking army. So it is the only useful item, there is no choice at all here.