• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
I dont think you need real money not even any diamonds to get the golden hut.
Just complete 9 cities and few quests on 10th to get the 5 fragments on milestone 300.
And take 2 times the 6 chests for 1400 when the 5 fragments are available.
or complete 6 cities. get 3 times the 5 fragment from the 6 chests

then you don't even need to go to milestone 300

:cool:

Retired Guy

Marquis
I'm happily retired and have plenty of time on my hands. However, I agree with you entirely. For lots of players, RL is going to get in the way of getting the complete building. They simply "can't" do the number of towns needed. In my case, and probably the case of many others, it can be done but it "won't" be done. It an important distinction that INNO should consider before they roll this debacle to live.

Well said.. I think they have to move it back so it works with a 4 town plan..

RisenShine

Merchant
@Juber - please read!

There are so many suggestions and solutions to get the golden box without spending money and diamonds - but no one has yet found a solution that works for people who have a life outside of FOE and a job every day from 07:00 - 17:00.

Please confirm that the above has been passed on to the developers and please come up with an explanation on how to get the building to lvl 10 without using diamonds/money when you have a job and a life outside of FOE.

-Alin-

Emperor
@Juber - please read!

There are so many suggestions and solutions to get the golden box without spending money and diamonds - but no one has yet found a solution that works for people who have a life outside of FOE and a job every day from 07:00 - 17:00.

Please confirm that the above has been passed on to the developers and please come up with an explanation on how to get the building to lvl 10 without using diamonds/money when you have a job and a life outside of FOE.

We can write hundreds of arguments, nothing will stop InnoGames from doing in the future events golden/ultimate level kits.

They are advertising the main building as only 9 levels for it is maximum, the 10th level is Something extra and different from their point of view, and if You want that, or many of them, You have to pay or spend diamonds, for the moment we are still able to get for free(harder and not 100% achieavable) the level 10, but in near future I expect all of those fragments to be ditched and possible only to get those golden upgrades from event pass.
It seems the event pass works in live servers, people are buying those, no wonder why they came with such ideas to milk more money ...

As long as this "strategy" with advertising buildings with 9-10 levels and another one "extra", we can't do anything ...
But for vast majority of players, that are used to have a maximum building after completing a event, for free, that extra golden level feels the same as a normal level and everyone will want that...

GateKeeper

Baronet
or complete 6 cities. get 3 times the 5 fragment from the 6 chests

then you don't even need to go to milestone 300

:cool:
Dang Crash, you got some luck than... although I only did two towns so far and didn't get a reward like that

I think I saw another player say they completed 3 cities and didn't get either....

So did you find those frag pieces in towns 4, 5 and 6 ? or are the 6-chests random rewards, and not fixed rewards?

EDIT: it was Scythe, did 4 towns, and didn't get a Frag reward either.

Beta567

Baronet
@Juber - please read!

Inno be like: Okay if you have a job you you can buy everything for real money. If you don't have a job you can spend all your time inside the game. Profit

FMaxi

Merchant
Ignoring the premium upgrade for a moment, 20 pots of gold seems likes a really small "grand" prize.
View attachment 8719

Just looking at how this event is set up though, I think I'll be just working to get the Druid Hut to level 9. You mostly likely have to either: a) spend diamonds to reach 600 quests, or b) have no life but babysitting the event. In terms of just grand prizes, you only need to reach 275 quests to get a level 9 building (not including any kits from opening chests).

I guess the only "strategy" for winning buying the golden upgrade is to get as close as possible by completing as many quests as possible and then dumping diamonds on it.

Joke of the year... The 25 pots behind the paywall are even better. Really worth the money. :D
1673199421323.png

Finkadel

Marquis
I'm happily retired and have plenty of time on my hands. However, I agree with you entirely. For lots of players, RL is going to get in the way of getting the complete building. They simply "can't" do the number of towns needed. In my case, and probably the case of many others, it can be done but it "won't" be done. It an important distinction that INNO should consider before they roll this debacle to live.
Yeah, like they ever had... Stop joking, that joke with having rl outside Foe worn off a decade ago...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Juber - please read!

Level 10 with time constraints (still assumes you can get on at 2-3 different times a day) and no diamonds:

Aim for as many cities as you *can* do (at least 10 cities is ideal including the short one at the start so that you hit 300 tasks = 1 guaranteed set of 5 golden fragments) = 1 every 2 days (and a bit) which should be comfortable enough to do if you have "some" time and follow the same strategy as people trying to squeeze in 1 every day practically but with more off-time - it's still important to minimize managers to some extent (not quite so extreme because less cities), because you need enough pots of gold to buy full sets of chests 2-3 times. But the more cities the better the odds.

You should always include festival manager 3 & shipyard manager 3 in every run for time constraint reasons; level 4 on one, the other, or both can speed up a run, but adds a lot of extra cost to it - so should be minimized.

Other managers are primarily for tasks and automation, and should be minimized with some tasks that require expensive managers skipped. You can take level 1 in each manager at least for automation purposes.

You'll find people's "speed run" strategies lists exactly which members to skip (you may not be going as fast as them, but they've done the math on which tasks are the most wasteful - you want to hit 32+ tasks per city to validate that the speed run in question is going to be suitable for your purpose).

Don't be unlucky and see fragments at least twice (or three times if 10 cities turned out to be too many) ; buy the chests when fragments show - if you get them 3 times you can adjust towards running less cities. (No way to avoid this if under both time constraints and no-spending constraints)

Your odds (assuming 1/3 chance of seeing fragments) can be pulled from this table - 10 cities needing 2 or more sets of fragments is just under 90%:

Towns Completed​
1 or More​
2 or More​
3 or More​
1​
33.33%​
0.00%​
0.00%​
2​
55.56%​
11.11%​
0.00%​
3​
70.37%​
25.93%​
3.70%​
4​
80.25%​
40.74%​
11.11%​
5​
86.83%​
53.91%​
20.99%​
6​
91.22%​
64.88%​
31.96%​
7​
94.15%​
73.66%​
42.94%​
8​
96.10%​
80.49%​
53.18%​
9​
97.40%​
85.69%​
62.28%​
10​
98.27%​
89.60%​
70.09%​
11​
98.84%​
92.49%​
76.59%​
12​
99.23%​
94.60%​
81.89%​
13​
99.49%​
96.15%​
86.13%​
14​
99.66%​
97.26%​
89.47%​
15​
99.77%​
98.06%​
92.06%​
16​
99.85%​
98.63%​
94.06%​
17​
99.90%​
99.04%​
95.58%​
18​
99.93%​
99.32%​
96.74%​
19​
99.95%​
99.53%​
97.60%​

GateKeeper

Baronet
I love how this entire event has basically come down to "don't be unlucky." We're not competing against each other in leagues, we're not doing any strategy of saving for one day, instead it's just "well, hope you're not in the 10% thar doesn't make it lol"
well it is St Patty Day Event ;) Maybe we can buy the Inno Pass called "Luck of the Irish" to get even luckier

-Alin-

Emperor
I love how this entire event has basically come down to "don't be unlucky." We're not competing against each other in leagues, we're not doing any strategy of saving for one day, instead it's just "well, hope you're not in the 10% thar doesn't make it lol"
I believe i'm that 10% ...

4th city done right now and ...
Screenshot_20230108-223402-812.png

6 more to go from the total of 10 I want to do.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I mustve been one of the lucky ones as I got the 5 fragments of the golden upgrade after the first city.
ok well dang that kind of changes things for the slow paced method. Slow pace method you only complete 4 cities... that be some real good luck to for 3 out 4. BUT, then again... in the fast paced method, your not supposed to open all chest and spend 1400 gold pots correct? so even with that 5 fragment reward in the chests anybody doing fast paced method will still spend diamonds to get more Shamrocks, since they spend on the chest. I dont see how mixing methods would work. But someone with a chart might be able to explain.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
ok well dang that kind of changes things for the slow paced method. Slow pace method you only complete 4 cities... that be some real good luck to for 3 out 4. BUT, then again... in the fast paced method, your not supposed to open all chest and spend 1400 gold pots correct? so even with that 5 fragment reward in the chests anybody doing fast paced method will still spend diamonds to get more Shamrocks, since they spend on the chest. I dont see how mixing methods would work. But someone with a chart might be able to explain.
There's enough room to do fast pace and still open some selected runs chests (in this case based on when fragments show up). You just have to budget carefully on managers is the main difference with fast pace: because any "waste" multiplies the more cities you do.

GateKeeper

Baronet
There's enough room to do fast pace and still open some selected runs chests (in this case based on when fragments show up). You just have to budget carefully on managers is the main difference with fast pace: because any "waste" multiplies the more cities you do.
ok if say so, but 5200 goldpots means a lot of cutting back on Managers