• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

fgony

Farmer
I dont think you need real money not even any diamonds to get the golden hut.
Just complete 9 cities and few quests on 10th to get the 5 fragments on milestone 300.
And take 2 times the 6 chests for 1400 when the 5 fragments are available.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Just complete 9 cities and few quests on 10th to get the 5 fragments on milestone 300.
if* the fragments are available (but yes that's probably the best way to go)

Retired Guy

Marquis
Okay.. right, wrong, or indifferent.. I think there needs to be a better explanation of buying the Golden Upgrade.. "even' after you spend money, you still need 300 tasks.. that's a lot of cities and time.. perhaps make it available about 200.. That lets those who choose do do fewer cities and get the upgrades by buying all the chests also be able to get the Golden Upgrade with $$

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I've mentioned it in previous posts, but I'd like to spell out my issue with the way the golden upgrade kit is currently implemented, and how it's clearly balanced with the event pass in mind.

After 275 tasks you'll get the final upgrade kit you need for 9 levels, and if you have the event pass you'll also get the golden kit. Then, for every further 9 upgrades you get, you'll get 15 fragments for the golden upgrade kit. So, if you have the event pass, you'll always get the golden kit after you've gotten 9 more levels.

If you don't have the event pass, you'll always be behind. You'll pick up 6 more levels for the 2nd building before you get the golden kit for the first one.

Of course there's the box rewards, but as long as that's not a fixed reward, or as others have suggested guaranteed to appear after certain towns, it's not a good way to fix things. In any event, if that was fixed or the balancing was made so that free to play players get it when they get 9 levels .. that would kind of defeat the purpose of giving it from the event pass, because then the one from the event pass wouldn't be needed.

For those reasons I think the only way to make the event pass choice worth it, while still allowing free to play players to get it, is to add a different, time-delayed, way to guarantee it for all players, such as fragments for the golden upgrade kit from the level 9 building.

GateKeeper

Baronet
@Juber i dont intend to buy the bonus bar this event, BUT I think the option to purchase it is missing? This is what I get when I click the Buy Link

1673140896129.png

GateKeeper

Baronet
I've mentioned it in previous posts, but I'd like to spell out my issue with the way the golden upgrade kit is currently implemented, and how it's clearly balanced with the event pass in mind.

After 275 tasks you'll get the final upgrade kit you need for 9 levels, and if you have the event pass you'll also get the golden kit. Then, for every further 9 upgrades you get, you'll get 15 fragments for the golden upgrade kit. So, if you have the event pass, you'll always get the golden kit after you've gotten 9 more levels.

If you don't have the event pass, you'll always be behind. You'll pick up 6 more levels for the 2nd building before you get the golden kit for the first one.

Of course there's the box rewards, but as long as that's not a fixed reward, or as others have suggested guaranteed to appear after certain towns, it's not a good way to fix things. In any event, if that was fixed or the balancing was made so that free to play players get it when they get 9 levels .. that would kind of defeat the purpose of giving it from the event pass, because then the one from the event pass wouldn't be needed.

For those reasons I think the only way to make the event pass choice worth it, while still allowing free to play players to get it, is to add a different, time-delayed, way to guarantee it for all players, such as fragments for the golden upgrade kit from the level 9 building.
lol I just checked that out, it would be cheaper to to buy the diamond bar than go for those the 3 5-frag rewards?

I'm doing the slow 4 town method, so I only need to get to the 175 quests prize bar level to complete the level 9. That final 3rd piece is at 600 quests ouch. Someone much smarter than me, will have to do that math ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
lol I just checked that out, it would be cheaper to to buy the diamond bar than go for those the 3 5-frag rewards?

I'm doing the slow 4 town method, so I only need to get to the 175 quests prize bar level to complete the level 9. That final 3rd piece is at 600 quests ouch. Someone much smarter than me, will have to do that math ;)
You'd have to get very lucky to get it in the 4 town method. Neither the $ pass nor the bar will help you (because you have to get to 275 tasks for the pass to do it for you = at least 8 towns, probably 9).

And if you're only seeing the end of 4 towns the chance of seeing 5 fragments 3 times is quite small to get it that way (~11% if the 1/3 assumption is correct for its spawn rate).

Edit: For less strong language on the odds.

GateKeeper

Baronet
You'd have to get very very lucky to get it in the 4 town method. Neither the $ pass nor the bar will help you (because you have to get to 275 tasks for the pass to do it for you = at least 8 towns, probably 9).

And if you're only seeing the end of 4 towns the chance of seeing 5 fragments 3 times is vanishingly small to get it that way.
oh i wasn't talking about getting the level 10 frags, there is no chance of that doing the 4 town method for free.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
oh i wasn't talking about getting the level 10 frags, there is no chance of that doing the 4 town method for free.
But one could argue if they want to sell that pass there really should be - that the level 10 upgrade should show up no later than say 150 in the premium line. So that the people who play the event lazy at least have the temptation to buy the premium pass to get level 10 without having to do another 4+ more cities as well.

GateKeeper

Baronet
But one could argue if they want to sell that pass there really should be - that the level 10 upgrade should show up no later than say 150 in the premium line. So that the people who play the event lazy at least have the temptation to buy the premium pass to get level 10 without having to do another 4+ more cities as well.
totally agree... its at 275 quests if you buy the bonus bar, another Ouch! that definitely should be sooner.

kawada

Marquis
I’m not that kind of player who remembers every detail of events for years and I’m really bad at different kind of calculations…
but I used to like mechanics of St Pat‘s event. it required some strategy and thinking rather than being based on pure luck and mysterious “probabilities”.

This year, it feels different. To me, it’s much slower (I need way more time to finish each city). I don’t remember spending hours to complete a quest so often previously. I guess last year I could do majority of the quests quite quickly and then collect shamrocks for lvl 300 Festival and Shipyard over night which was just a perfect time balancing to me. Now, there’re a lot of huge collection quests on slow pace.

unfortunately, due to this change the event became less attractive to me - it lost its dynamics

UBERhelp1

Viceroy

Per that it would make much more sense for the golden upgrade to be a selection kit between level 1 building, upgrade, and golden upgrade.

mbk28

Baronet
You need to uninstall Forge of Empires from Your phone.
Then You follow the steps from the video I have made.
At one point You will need to go into google play store and disable automatic updates for FoE app to use the beta app in order to be able to acces the event.

If You don't have one Android phone, and it is with linux or ios, You will not be able to install the beta app.
You need to uninstall Forge of Empires from Your phone.
Then You follow the steps from the video I have made.
At one point You will need to go into google play store and disable automatic updates for FoE app to use the beta app in order to be able to acces the event.

If You don't have one Android phone, and it is with linux or ios, You will not be able to install the beta app.
it's only for android, not for iphone

XIA*

Marquis
well, good luck with that. Reaching 300 without spending diamonds. :) I'm at my 3rd city following mooincat's guide and still before the 125 mark...

XIA*

Marquis
I’m not that kind of player who remembers every detail of events for years and I’m really bad at different kind of calculations…
but I used to like mechanics of St Pat‘s event. it required some strategy and thinking rather than being based on pure luck and mysterious “probabilities”.

This year, it feels different. To me, it’s much slower (I need way more time to finish each city). I don’t remember spending hours to complete a quest so often previously. I guess last year I could do majority of the quests quite quickly and then collect shamrocks for lvl 300 Festival and Shipyard over night which was just a perfect time balancing to me. Now, there’re a lot of huge collection quests on slow pace.

unfortunately, due to this change the event became less attractive to me - it lost its dynamics
this event sucks in general if you have multiple cities. I have 4 cities and I know people who have more than that. Playing this simultaniously in multiple cities is mind-numbing and requires constant attention and a LOT of time spent in-game. I would virtually have to live my entire day in the the game to keep an eye on where the quests are, level buildings at the right time to be able to produce the 8.4Q shamrocs overnight. It sucs away my energy even now with just the beta town. I hate this event fervently. And then they want us to pay money for rewards, after literally living our lives in this event. In live servers I will skip this event in most of my town, not worth the stress. I will only do it in my youngest city where I desperately need event buildings still. My other cities will function just as well without this building.

this event sucks in general if you have multiple cities. I have 4 cities and I know people who have more than that. Playing this simultaniously in multiple cities is mind-numbing and requires constant attention and a LOT of time spent in-game. I would virtually have to live my entire day in the the game to keep an eye on where the quests are, level buildings at the right time to be able to produce the 8.4Q shamrocs overnight. It sucs away my energy even now with just the beta town. I hate this event fervently. And then they want us to pay money for rewards, after literally living our lives in this event. In live servers I will skip this event in most of my town, not worth the stress. I will only do it in my youngest city where I desperately need event buildings still. My other cities will function just as well without this building.
I have 5 cities and completed this event in all of them last year but I did the 5-city 6-chest strategy in all of them. Not too bad. This year is shaping up to be completely different. I can't imagine doing 10+ towns in all of my cities. I'm not sure that I want to do 10+ in my main if the odds of getting the last upgrade are anything less than 100%.

There are so many suggestions and solutions to get the golden box without spending money and diamonds - but no one has yet found a solution that works for people who have a life outside of FOE and a job every day from 07:00 - 17:00.
I'm happily retired and have plenty of time on my hands. However, I agree with you entirely. For lots of players, RL is going to get in the way of getting the complete building. They simply "can't" do the number of towns needed. In my case, and probably the case of many others, it can be done but it "won't" be done. It an important distinction that INNO should consider before they roll this debacle to live.