• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Finkadel

Marquis
The trouble from inno's side of creeping monetization is when it goes too far and people say screw this and bail, you're not getting them back by undoing it - they're just gone. So they better have a very tight eye on analytics other than total sales that might send an early warning of discontent in the wider population (as opposed to just the forum population :p)
Not just you won't get them back. I think Inno is dellusional, thinking there come more people to fill the vacant spaces, who WOULD pay.

I don't know why they are thinking that. The game is more and more complex and time consuming and the visible end (like end of the tech tree) is further and further. We play the game 10+years and we got used to it over time, but new players are just giving up, seeing they would have to pay a loooot just to comfortably play. Or spend a loooot of time to know the game, time they don't want to invest. So they will play for a month tops, get frustated with complexity and need to pay for everything and just leave never coming back either.

Still enjoying my popcorn, watching Inno beautifly putting themselves on fire.

Tempestas

Squire
Question: If a person fails to get L10 this year, will it be available next year? This is unclear to me and its a critical issue.

I'm very unhappy that L10 is going to be so hard to get. This event is a very time-consuming event, and if I don't know 100% for sure that I can eventually get L10 (without spending money), then I'm not sure it's worth doing at all.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If inno wants to charge more without penalizing the players, why not create a "golden" level that would only be accessible by purchasing a particular kit that could not be accessed otherwise and would have X% of double (or less) daily gains from the special building?
Inno could thus upgrade old buildings from previous events. For example, during this St Patrick's Day, a 2022 Druid Temple kit (level 10) could be sold for money to transform it into a golden level 10 Druid Temple, with a daily X% chance of multiplying its current characteristics. .

But beyond the calculations to define the % of activation or the % of bonus earnings, it would above all be necessary for Inno to learn to listen to its community and not only in bug reports.
Inno does not have a monopoly on good ideas to develop.

GateKeeper

Baronet
@Juber So thats a nice discount for all chests, 25% off if you open all for 1400 pots, vs the 1850 pots. Is that for the first completion as well, or is that on every city completed?
replying to self... yes 2nd town completion gives the 25% all chest discount as well. at this point, i dont see why the slow way wouldn't be the simplest way

Tempestas

Squire
If inno wants to charge more without penalizing the players, why not create a "golden" level that would only be accessible by purchasing a particular kit that could not be accessed otherwise and would have X% of double (or less) daily gains from the special building?
Inno could thus upgrade old buildings from previous events. For example, during this St Patrick's Day, a 2022 Druid Temple kit (level 10) could be sold for money to transform it into a golden level 10 Druid Temple, with a daily X% chance of multiplying its current characteristics. .

But beyond the calculations to define the % of activation or the % of bonus earnings, it would above all be necessary for Inno to learn to listen to its community and not only in bug reports.
Inno does not have a monopoly on good ideas to develop.
Huh? Maybe I don't understand what you are saying. I'm hearing players the spend money would get more rewards from their event buildings. So everyone who doesn't spend money is penalized. Totally horrible. Time to quit game if that were to happen.

Tempestas

Squire
Inno also needs to keep in mind that they are sucking hours out of us. Our time is actually our most limited and valuable resource. Make me waste my time and you are making me waste my life. It is not in Innos best interest to make us start resenting how much time the game take. I'm not going to make up for it with $$$. I am willing to spend money on personalization of the game, but spending money to win isn't even a game, not a challenge, not interesting. Maybe Inno has already given up on players like me idk. But they need to keep in mind that players who enjoy playing the game with their brain rather than with their pocketbook give something back to the game by playing. I know MooingCat spends money on the game (beside the point [and now I've been happily corrected]), but what if he were to quit playing? How much would be lost to the game because of his loss? What if he weren't spending money -- he still would be of value to the Inno. With MooingCat, this is obvious. But all of us who do not pay to win add something to the game. If Inno doesn't value those that play with their brains instead of their pocketbooks, they will eventually lose what we give to the game:

Last edited:

XIA*

Marquis
Because this isn't really a beta server in the usual sense of the word. Instead, it's more like a normal server where features are released earlier, and you get paid diamonds every so often. It's basically a test to make sure the features are stable on a large scale, and to see feedback from players on balancing/fairness, even if that last point isn't always listened to. Additionally, this server is often used to see how players on live servers would react to the features. For example, if you gave everyone a sandbox world, they would just give themselves every resource or tons of event currency, and that doesn't provide an accurate representation of the game in a live setting.

(Most likely) The devs have their own private testing server for the majority of debugging and probably an alpha server that would be what is considered a normal beta test, with more of a sandbox type environment for testing features in a variety of scenarios. We saw a bit of this with I think SAV or SAJM (it's been a while and I'm too lazy to look it up) where some players got access to pre-made cities for the purposes of testing the age.

Overall, the reason you are able to pay for stuff on Beta is because they want you to. They want to see ahead of live who is purchasing what packages, where they can make more money, etc. Why do you think the Forge Bowl coach is more expensive? Why did they switch to paid event passes? Because even though we complain about them, many players are still paying for them simply because they are in the game. The cost to develop and implement these features is much less than the revenue they make, so while it does ruin free to play gameplay, in terms of purely supporting the bottom line, they are the logical decisions.

Time and time again, the only way to express your true thoughts is to vote with your wallet. Don't like the level 9 + premium level 10? Then don't purchase the event pass. The only way we can expect to see change is if you realize that spending money on these features only encourages more of them to be added. If you don't like it, don't buy. That feedback will be listened to much more readily than anything anyone on these forums writes, as it provides data to Inno on what the market of the game will bear rather than just unquantifiable player sentiment.
Could be true BUT... This isn't really a live server either. When they tweak things during the events, for example, you can find yourself in a disadvantage. Like one of the events I already spent a lot of the event currency on the first day because of the daily prize FRAGMENTS and then they changed the daily to a full kit (I think it was the one up kit). I spent my currency on fragments when players who started later got a full kit. There is no compensation when things like this happens. I accept this, since this a test server and there is no guarantee of anything. Exactly because of this, i don't think it is fair to ask players to PAY real cash for features that could change anytime drastically or be lost due to a bug etc.

Finkadel

Marquis
Inno also needs to keep in mind that they are sucking hours out of us. Our time is actually our most limited and valuable resource. Make me waste my time and you are making me waste my life. It is not in Innos best interest to make us start resenting how much time the game take. I'm not going to make up for it with $$$. I am willing to spend money on personalization of the game, but spending money to win isn't even a game, not a challenge, not interesting. Maybe Inno has already given up on players like me idk. But they need to keep in mind that players who enjoy playing the game with their brain rather than with their pocketbook give something back to the game by playing. I know MooingCat spends money on the game (beside the point), but what if he were to quit playing? How much would be lost to the game because of his loss? What if he weren't spending money -- he still would be of value to the Inno. With MooingCat, this is obvious. But all of us who do not pay to win add something to the game. If Inno doesn't value those that play with their brains instead of their pocketbooks, they will eventually lose what we give to the game:
You know, we were talking about that 5 years ago, 3 years ago, year ago... They just don't want to hear that. So now I got ok with my favourite game thrown in the dumpster by Inno staff, I just watch them burn with contempt and delight. I already found a replacement to waste my time on, so no regrets.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Inno also needs to keep in mind that they are sucking hours out of us. Our time is actually our most limited and valuable resource. Make me waste my time and you are making me waste my life. It is not in Innos best interest to make us start resenting how much time the game take. I'm not going to make up for it with $$$. I am willing to spend money on personalization of the game, but spending money to win isn't even a game, not a challenge, not interesting. Maybe Inno has already given up on players like me idk. But they need to keep in mind that players who enjoy playing the game with their brain rather than with their pocketbook give something back to the game by playing. I know MooingCat spends money on the game (beside the point), but what if he were to quit playing? How much would be lost to the game because of his loss? What if he weren't spending money -- he still would be of value to the Inno. With MooingCat, this is obvious. But all of us who do not pay to win add something to the game. If Inno doesn't value those that play with their brains instead of their pocketbooks, they will eventually lose what we give to the game:
For what it's worth, I haven't spent money on the game for years, except for one time a few months ago where someone donated to my stream to buy the building pack on the new world :p

Tempestas

Squire
You know, we were talking about that 5 years ago, 3 years ago, year ago... They just don't want to hear that. So now I got ok with my favourite game thrown in the dumpster by Inno staff, I just watch them burn with contempt and delight. I already found a replacement to waste my time on, so no regrets.
I would love to know the name of your replacement ....

Finkadel

Marquis
I would love to know the name of your replacement ....
Well, there's a going round joke that some players try to play that game in FoE ... (no fights, just building beautiful city). Perhaps you can guess it, if not, priv, but that is nothing impressive really, just suited for me :) the lack of fights this way or another don't bother me, but fighting in FoE didn't bothered me neither... I just adjusted to it, to fit what I loved about the game. That was astonishingly beautiful graphic, long time strategy and always chasing the rabbit :) Now Inno made money more important than strategy and made chasing bunny a chore. They have right to do it, I have right to mock them, seems fair :)

Tempestas

Squire
Well, there's a going round joke that some players try to play that game in FoE ... (no fights, just building beautiful city). Perhaps you can guess it, if not, priv, but that is nothing impressive really, just suited for me :) the lack of fights this way or another don't bother me, but fighting in FoE didn't bothered me neither... I just adjusted to it, to fit what I loved about the game. That was astonishingly beautiful graphic, long time strategy and always chasing the rabbit :) Now Inno made money more important than strategy and made chasing bunny a chore. They have right to do it, I have right to mock them, seems fair :)
I like alternate ways to play the game. I've considered have a city that I build out of 1 event, like only Halloween events, and only play during that event. I have a BA city in one world but Inno is working on messing that up for me. I liked the idea of the little city and was considering trying it but Inno is working on breaking that concept too. Fighting is getting tiresome.

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Actually there is. Someone who've tried to "prove" GbF gives much less than already proven. Regardless of GbF setting up an AI GE4 diamond mine is decently fast. Overtime it's still free in the sense of, being able to use free diamonds produced at a large scale. Why would Inno otherwise feel the need of: FoE+, adds and payed event pass in just 1 year..?
Anyways this is heavy off-topic stuff anyways.

------

On topic, I think removing roads requirement can still be balanced out by making the trees part of their own "set." With 2 levels:
Lvl1 - 1 different tree adjacent
Lvl2 - both 2 other trees adjacent

ToS
- Aid kit + mil bonuses
Lvl1 25% 1 fp - 75% aid kit + mil bonuses
Lvl2 25% 2fp - 75% aid kit + mil. Bonuses

- 50% 1fp 50% aid kit + mil bonuses
Lvl1 50% 2fp 50% aid kit + mil bonuses
Lvl2 75% 2fp 25% aid kit +mil bonuses

ToV
- 75% 1fp 25% coins + bonuses
Lvl1 - 1fp + bonuses
Lvl2 - 1fp + 1up kit frag + bonuses

This is just a concept suggestion, not what I believe should be the execution of making trees into their own unique set. I find the roads requirement a pretty large drawback but don't see much other ways then a set ability to keeping their specs as are balanced, when the road requirement may drop.

I thought that at first too. Until I've looked better into it. Lvl9 is actually really solid. Yielding a fairly high efficiency regarding military buffs and fragments are the same on average as chocolate factory at maximum level from winter event. Though divided by 3 different buildings. Ultimate lvl10 is actually equal to 2 maxed out chocolate factories in regards of buildings they produce.
Like drakenridder's idea here with the trees. No roads and levels/upgrades. Not sure if this part of it but I would rather see just a flat rate across all ages instead of later age requirement (aka discrimination against lower aged cities). I mean seriously it's 1% attack, just make it same for all ages just like all the rest of the 1x1 items.

-Alin-

Emperor
I just download the last build and it’s not aviable

You need to uninstall Forge of Empires from Your phone.
Then You follow the steps from the video I have made.
At one point You will need to go into google play store and disable automatic updates for FoE app to use the beta app in order to be able to acces the event.

If You don't have one Android phone, and it is with linux or ios, You will not be able to install the beta app.

Beta567

Baronet
Like drakenridder's idea here with the trees. No roads and levels/upgrades. Not sure if this part of it but I would rather see just a flat rate across all ages instead of later age requirement (aka discrimination against lower aged cities). I mean seriously it's 1% attack, just make it same for all ages just like all the rest of the 1x1 items.
"discrimination"? what? So you want to stay in IA for ages and keep paying low cost for quests etc.? Meantime you want higher space age stats right? In this case better just make one age "Sly Space Age".