• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2022

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
After having played it a bit, I must say I'm disappointed it's a 100% copy of last year's event :( Would have been nice with some improvements here and there, particularly in the way you get secondary rewards like selection kits from previous events. It's really difficult to get them, which is a shame because there are plenty of cool buildings from the previous St Pat events :(

Worse I think - Last year we got (crappy) prizes with each task we completed. They took that out again and we're back to the 2020 version.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@hades8840 I wouldn't upgrade managers unless asked to. Roughly festival manager & captain for the ship maximum of lvl3. Other managers I wouldn't upgrade further then lvl2. Maybe the fireworks up to lvl3 to speeding it slightly up but would do that later. When moving to the next town you can buy extra loot boxes containing 1 of the displayed rewards. When moving to the next town the first box is for free, the second and later boxes cost gold (diamond event currency). That's better saved up and spend on managers.

6zeva9

Baronet
I am wondering if they will be fixing the loading screen, having used non Irish images in it. St Andrews Day is not until the 30th November.
The irish kilt is not one worn in public as much as the Scotish Kilts. While Scotish Kilts are clan based irish are area based apart from around 4 family ones. To be allowed to wear one is considered an honour as permission is needed from either the head of the Family or the leaders of the county. The only common kilt worn is the Saffron Kilt(one colour mustard yellow), which is worn by irish pipers and their bandsmen. While there is a national irish kilt it is only scene at weddings and worn by visiting family from overseas.
What was more obvious though was the Hunting tartan colours and the buckle adornment.

Dessire

Regent
13 fps? in therms of FPs it sucks! my city right now only have buildings with an efficiency of 1 fp per 2 squares and less. at least I can delete 3 useless botanical rotunda or 3 useless checkmate squares and replace them with the new building and earn more FPs!

blueskydwg

Steward
I want to make a statement that concerns not only the present event, but in general those events that contain the requirement to buy forge points:

Whenever any event asks me to buy forge points, I will stop the course of the event at that moment. I have told you before that I consider it unfair to "force" me to buy forge points. I consider the purpose of this demand to be fraudulent. It is intended that in the future the forge points will be so expensive (since the points become more expensive with each purchase) that I will be forced to spend diamonds. Ask me what else you want, but not to buy f.p.. That's all.

Hmm. I think you are short changing yourself there. In my main game (and here in beta also) I have way more coins than I can ever use. So the need to buy fps, even when the cost is high - mine is currently 213,700 - it's still a bargain. With my current inventory of coins I could buy over 21,000 fps. The event requirements of usually 5 to 10 should come as no great cost to you.

Aerendil

Squire
The event reward is nice, not as good as the GV but better than the rewards of the latest events

I also like the minigame in general, although its a copy of last years (at least city1)

I dislike that its hard to get special prices, like kits for druids temple from last years event. Maybe you could swap 2-3 main prices for 2-3 druid temple kits?

blueskydwg

Steward
These are my recommendations from last year, for completing 33, 32 and 32 tasks in each town:
Town 1, 4, 7 etcTown 2, 5, 8 etcTown 3, 6, 9 etc
Festival333
Shipyard233
Hats311
Flowers232
Cake112
Drinks221
Fireworks222

Tasks are the same for Town 1 this year compared to last year, so I assume they're the same for Towns 2 and 3 as well.

This is a really great chart. The only part that I have problems with is the Festival Manager and Shipyard at 3 - I just don't have the patience - I often move them to 4 o_Oo_Oo_O:D:D

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I dislike that its hard to get special prices, like kits for druids temple from last years event. Maybe you could swap 2-3 main prices for 2-3 druid temple kits?

Trouble with this is most people will look at the prospect of getting 3 druids temple pieces from the grand prize list as non-prizes because it doesn't have any reasonable prospect of finishing one even if they want it (even combined with an optimistic 2 from chests at the end of cities). It'd only really appeal to someone who was a few short from the previous year and wants to finish that one up.

Now granted a lot of us already feel that way about the "extra" grand prizes that aren't towards the new main building. But I still don't think that's the right place to put last year's upgrades.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
considering there should be one kit from the forge bowl chest, only 2 kits are needed from the grand prizes (100 tasks total), when buying 4 full sets of chests after four quick rounds of 25 tasks each... lots of PoGs to spare...

Cleitomachus

Marquis
Hmm. I think you are short changing yourself there. In my main game (and here in beta also) I have way more coins than I can ever use. So the need to buy fps, even when the cost is high - mine is currently 213,700 - it's still a bargain. With my current inventory of coins I could buy over 21,000 fps. The event requirements of usually 5 to 10 should come as no great cost to you.
If you're in an early era like me, you're thinking like me. But, in any case, you convinced me in part (if you are in Space Age Venus) that the price does not reach dizzying heights, but is within the possibilities of the Era. What worries me is that they ask for it more and more often. Thanks for your response.

blueskydwg

Steward
If you're in an early era like me, you're thinking like me. But, in any case, you convinced me in part (if you are in Space Age Venus) that the price does not reach dizzying heights, but is within the possibilities of the Era. What worries me is that they ask for it more and more often. Thanks for your response.

NP - and yes, in my main city I am in SAV, but in Beta I'm in TE - but even before that it was only the first couple of weeks in the game that coins were an issue - I don't buy fps unless they are part of a quest, so the cost really stays reasonable.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

The rate at which it goes up never increases. So it takes more and more FP to make a noticeable difference. By the time it costs 100k coins you've already purchased ~2k FP. When you've purchased 4k FP it'll only be ~200k coins for the next.

Unless you're permanently camping a very low age it'd be very difficult to reach a point where you can no longer earn the coins to buy a FP in a reasonable time.