• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7703

Very early days but looks like more than 1 pagoda may be possible

Umbrathor

Baronet
To be honest, I am underwhelmed at the stats of the pagodas at max. level. At the same floorplan (4x4) as Colossus (7% attack in Iron Age, 6fp, no goods) and Winter Spire (15 goods, 7% defense, 6 fp) the pagodas give us an option of 20 goods, 3fp (water); 6% attack, 10 goods, 3fp (fire) or 10 goods, 5fp (earth).

The earth pagoda is clearlu inferior to the Winter Spire, which has 5 more goods, 1 more fp and the defense bonus. For the other to options you can argue that the goods make up for the difference in attack bonus and/or fps, but I think goods are being overvalued here.

It is nice to see the pagoda lvl 1 make its return, this time with the option to upgrade it. However, I am disappointed that we get yet another new event building, instead of the chance to upgrade the ones we have. If the cherry garden upgrades are available as a daily prize this event is totally worth doing, but that is unlikely.

@JTrucker: in the Carnival event some things were changed after feedback. Especially the animation of how winning pots added to the florins total. And the % chance to win a special prize was lowered for some chests. Clearly that was not in response to feedback.

DeletedUser

No Cherries so far around the city, probably a bug? ...
Seems everyone have the chance to get 1 Pagoda at level 7 without needed to be in any League.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Hey Zarok, I know that you are only the messenger and not responsible but going into the event this morning to discover that the cherry garden selection kit has been replaced with a wishing well thingy is a bit like waking up to find out that your wife has run off with the milkman and the dog has eaten the kids. In other words - the occasional person will be happy but most will not. You can guess which group I fall into so I will give you a very simple message to carry back to the devs; "No cherry garden selection kit available in the event = no cash from me", and I suspect many others, when the event hits the live servers.
It is almost sales & marketing strategy 101 - give customers what they want and not only will you have happy customers but they will also be happy to pay for the privilege.

DeletedUser9945

There aren't any Cherry Trees on my city's land? Is there a delay?

LordVaderIII

Marquis
To be honest, I am underwhelmed at the stats of the pagodas at max. level. At the same floorplan (4x4) as Colossus (7% attack in Iron Age, 6fp, no goods) and Winter Spire (15 goods, 7% defense, 6 fp) the pagodas give us an option of 20 goods, 3fp (water); 6% attack, 10 goods, 3fp (fire) or 10 goods, 5fp (earth).
I'm not sure you can really compare it to the Colossus. In order go get more than one Colossus, you had to spend tons of $$$. I'm pretty sure it's going to be much easier to get multiple pagodas.

Feanor II

Baronet
Admittedly, I've only briefly viewed the Event so I may have missed it, but is the distance that the frog travels and/or length of the pond quantified? I couldn't find anything that would act as the yard markers did in FB (which this event is just a re-skin of). Figuring out efficiency of the different lily pad options, as well as the overall length of the pond against available event currency are necessary factors in playing this sort of event correctly.

Again, if they are there and I just didn't see them I apologize and retract the above statement.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hi guys,

Just to address the confusion around the screenshot of the League tables. I helped prepare the announcement for Beta and the League screenshot was from almost a week ago, before the league rewards had even been properly confirmed, and what was shown in the screenshot was from one of our internal test locations just as a placeholder. Its on me for not remembering to replace it with the correct one before the announcement went live, so apologies for the confusion on this.

Zarok is raising your feedback with the project team, so I wanted to make sure I took responsibility for my mistake, as I don't like to be adding to the confusion of things.

Cheers,
Richard

indian20

Steward
The calculation this time seems to be in our favour. If I am correct, we will get nearly 6k of lanterns and it took me 982 to cross the pond for the first time. This means that it will be possible to cross it at least 6 times and getting 3 upgrades. Plus the upgrades from the quest it is a total of 6 upgrades, so there should be no problem in getting the pagoda to the highest level, even if the trees won´t show up :)

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
A guild member commented that she'd have preferred the quest line and to give only upgrades, and not the base lvl 1 building as she (and many others) have lvl 1 pagodas from the previous events. It might be an idea to have the lvl 1 building be a daily prize instead, and give upgrades only as rewards for the quests and pond completion.

DeletedUser9127

[QUOTE = "Zarok Dai, Beitrag: 76942, member: 5438"] Es gibt keine Aktionen, durch die ein Baum angezeigt wird. Sie erscheinen zufällig während des gesamten Ereignisses. [/ QUOTE]
dennoch müssten schon bäume da gewesen sein, bis jetzt aber keiner da, das mus ein bug sein