• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Specific Hardware Acceleration feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think it is pointless repeatedly asking players to show their system information because Inno does not seem to take any notice. I would like to suggest that Inno provides the system information of all their "test" machines.
Then we can ask ourselves:
a) Can I afford that sort of specification and do I really need such a system for one game?
b) If I buy one will there be a guarantee it will work for subsequent shenanigans with HA and the game in general?
c) Do I really care?
d) Where is my list of other online games :cool:

DeletedUser5437

ok I have had to re register to do this god knows what happened to my other :mad:

since your new update 1.30 on beta it is SLOW, Unresponsive, it drags and lags it freezes this only used to happen when hardware accelerator was active now you have removed the box to de activate I am stuck like this :mad:

when I click something off it clicks all the way through to what is behind and that pops up then you click that off and another pops up it is driving me insane

to make matters worse if I ask support a question because I couldn't get on here even though I was registered the support was un helpful and didn't actually answer any of my questions

support is there to help not ignore :mad:

So tracey what are the issues ? why am I having these problems ? when will it be fixed ?

oh and its not my computer as it works fine on the normal server in all worlds it worked fine on this one until last update

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), Knight Sword (87692), zz1, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 8.1, Unknown, 1366x753, DirectX11 (352 MB VRAM)
Intel (R) Celeron (R) B820 @ 1.7 GHZ, 1.7GHZ CPU, memory 6GB RAM, OS WIN8, Windows 8.1, HDD 1TB, 64 BIT OS, X64 Processor Intel (R) HD Graphics display adaptor 9.17.10.2932,

DeletedUser1264

The en server has announced that Bugdate 1.30 is scheduled for Wednesday and the log includes forcing HA on us there as well.

Why are you forcing this on us on the regular servers as well, when we're jumping up and down telling you clearly it makes the game impossibly draggy and causes "dual-layer clicking" and other problems? If you're determined to destroy the game just pull the plug, please - torturing it to death this way is sick!

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), mink (38757), zz1, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 7, Firefox/30.0, 1342x622, DirectX9Ex (352 MB VRAM)
Graphic card model: ?? It says: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, NVIDIA GeForce 610M
System RAM: 4GB (Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz)

DeletedUser4535

I have the same problem impossible to play it to slow what happen !!!

DeletedUser2752

Just thought I'd mention: thank you for all of your reports so far! I am personally sorry about the situation that is going on for all of you who's suffering through this (probably will be me as well in a few days :p), but I hope it all works out eventually :)

BestWarrior

Baronet
You are a believer:)

I thought i had a reasonable machine to play FoE, but i was wrong ! With this change, without any further improvements in HA, FoE will become an elite game and only with a super-hiper-mega computer we'll be able to play this game. There are easiest ways to make want you want Innogames. You just have to close the servers and say "GAME OVER FALKS"

Thank you for all

P.S. Please, can someone for Innogames (like QA, for e.g.) post here the recomended characteristics for a computer to play FoE properly and also the internet speed ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No to hardware acceleration

Sorry to report same issues as others with HA. It doesn't work - I turn it off. Please give us the option back and don't implement this change on the live servers.

PS. I never bothered to report this issue on the beta forums as other bugs have been reported here and are completely ignored and released on live servers anyway. HoF/unlimited scores anyone - I rest my case. This comment is aimed at Inno, not the admins on the forum.

DeletedUser5402

I've noticed that when I select a goods or supply building the computer paints the top 2/3 of the screen with a darker colored background and the bottom 1/3 is left the lighter colored. Then the final 1/3 is painted with the top background colors. There is a noticeable delay. Performance seems slower.

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), TheWizEd (85913), zz1, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 7, Chrome/35.0.1916.153, 1920x993, OpenGL (352 MB VRAM)

Amy Steele

Regent
I was having issues with clickthrough when the update first went in, but not today. The only remaining issue seems to be lag. Clicking on options in menus, such as when training military units or setting up goods/supplies runs is a little laggy still compared with no HA, taking around half a second for each click to 'take', though collecting seems not to be affected.

Navigating to the campaign map is also slower than with HA off, taking around 6 seconds to load the campaign map as opposed to around 4 seconds.

(Will also test in Firefox if I get time :) )

Game Version: 1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00)
Player: Amy Steele (61498)
Locale:zz1, en_US
Flash Version: WIN 14,0,0,125
Operating SystemWindows 7
Browser: Chrome/35.0.1916.153
Viewport Size: 1142x639
Renderer: OpenGL (352 MB VRAM)

Graphics Card: Intel (R) HD Graphics
RAM: 4GB
Processor speed: 2.10 GHz

DeletedUser

Hardware acceleration feature

Having problems lately to move buildings, going smoothly with mouse over my city to pick up resources... in short its much more difficult to move around. Checking the settings, I find that FoE removed the option "Hardware acceleration" Active/Inactive.

This I dislike at the most!!!

I hope very much that you never ever take this option away with any Changelog on the de.servers!!!

It makes enjoyable playing impossible, at least on my PC - I'm sure that I'm not the only one having such problems.

FoE made a lot of mistakes lately, I'm not listing them here, every player knows anyway what it's all about.

All I say is this: complaints of players on the Beta Server should be taken much more serious by Inno Games!

DeletedUser

i have the same problem. But i try whit this.
chrome://flags/
GPU compositing on all pages > disable
and wherever GPU is named > disable
This is not the solution but at least i can play and move things without have problems.

sorry for this question but, why you have a beta server? if when the players say there is a problem you ignore them

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), beliko (67135), zz1, en_US, LNX 11,6,602,180, Linux, Chrome/25.0.1364.172, 1366x628, Software Hw_disabled=userDisabled (352 MB VRAM)

Edit: after 10 attempts I can't open the map of gvg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5442

the hardware acceleration needs to be put back the way was with the way its now i am getting a very bad lag issue and its making it hard to move around my city. i never liked using the hardware acceleration anyway but with the way it is it messes it up

BestWarrior

Baronet
I'm testing it now with firefox and it seems to have a better behavior, at least i can move in my city and i don't have the problem of the pop-up windows so many times, but after some battles or visits to another cities i need to refresh the page because it starts to get slower.
I also tested with firefox in mine main server, activating HA (i allways have it disabled) and i got better results as with chrome. Faster acess to GvG map and also faster loading of units in the pool army. The battles run a little bit faster too.
Anyway, we allways have the flash crash problems, but looks like the alternative now. Alternative is not the solution, so please work on this and improve this option so we can play without problems.

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), BestWarrior (42847), zz1, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 8.1, Firefox/30.0, 1349x657, DirectX9Ex (352 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser4295

I've already mentioned the problem with the hardware acceleration as a bug report, but I'll post my problem here as well.

The game has become almost impossible for me to play now that I can't turn off the hardware acceleration. Not only is the response much slower compared with 1.29, but whenever I click on a pop-up window, it also registers as a click on whatever is underneath, which usually results in another pop-up window appearing. This can start a cycle of unwanted pop-ups which can be hard to break unless you are fortunate to be able to click on a part of the pop-up that has a road or an empty space underneath.

I played on FoE using Firefox for about 20 months, but I changed to Chrome after the 1.28 update, as I found that the game ran much faster on Chrome compared with Firefox. I haven't checked Firefox again since the 1.30 update.

I notice on the main servers that you are planning to release the 1.30 update there on 9th July (I play on en2 and en6) - please can you re-consider this, as the update is clearly not ready for a full release yet.

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), killer851 (63798), zz1, en_US, MAC 14,0,0,125, Mac OS 10.6.8, Chrome/35.0.1916.153, 1289x707, Software Hw_disabled=unavailable (352 MB VRAM)

Processor: Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1600, 128 MB VRAM

DeletedUser

Problems with HA

1)Mouse often clicks on the building behind a window or
2)Collection by mouse drag is very difficult often skips buildings
3)Great lag in resetting supplies, and training cycle(I won't do under a 4hr cycle now due to the lag in collection/setting)
4)New buildings do not appear until after refresh.
5)Lag in construction or moving buildings. Often have to wait over location several seconds before dropping/clicking to construct new building or nothing happens.

Please do not remove the option to deactivate the HA with update 1.30 on the main servers. The HA problems are NOT fixed!

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00),
fischh (63049),
zz1,
en_US,
WIN 14,0,0,125,
Windows Vista,
Chrome/35.0.1916.153,
1680x959,
Software Hw_disabled=unavailable (352 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser

Plz do not release this to the liive servers

to get the info need to complet this post,
every maouse click toke 3 sek, even det tab change when window was open
when things are resay to harvest it lags alot. it kan take over 1 min. tog harvest all. long wait on any mouse cliks and dragging the city is somthing i awoid
was supossede to do a reboild off the city. but thinking it can take op to 3 hours.is killing the lust

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00),
lucifereldiablo (80790),
zz1, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 7,
Chrome/35.0.1916.153,
1440x839, OpenGL (352 MB VRAM)

amd fx be 3.6ghz
8gb duel band 1633 ram
2gb xfx radion 6870

a klanfriend on live. was almost giving up the game. becuese off the lag from HA
it toke her 1 hour to hervest her´s pro ere city and set up new product´s

so if you relaese this to live. alot off user´s whit old pc´s is unable to play the game anymore
plz keep the option to select youself, to run HA or not.
this isue is so big that i toke the time to registre and write this

and then i get kick off the forum.since i use to mush time writing this.well next time . don´t blem me, if even more spilling errors then :D

EDIT by NormaJeane:
When logging in on the forum you can tick the "Remember me" box, that way you will have more time when writing a post ;)

DeletedUser4282

Been there, done it!! And to add insult, this crap called HA is being let loose on the Live Servers!!
There is got to be something very wrong at InnoGames!!!!:mad:

DeletedUser4892

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

The game is running slow and choppy since the last update. I'm only having this problem in beta. My other 10 worlds are running fine as long as I have hardware acceleration turned off. As it is I cannot polish or motivate anyone and even collecting production takes forever.

DeletedUser5402

There have been several HA betas rolled out with the option to turn off. For myself the performance with HA has been slower than without. So naturally I turn it off.

Logically what should happen is a beta is tried until a stable HA can be developed. But what has happened is everyone turns it off and problems are not flushed out.

So Inno's solution is, no more switch and lets force all the problems to surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.