• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

Andmiks

Farmer
How many goods do goods buildings in the new colony produce?
How much does it cost to produce 4/8/24/48 hours in goods buildings in the colony?

qaccy

Emperor
That's an extremely poor reflection on the state of the game when it becomes accepted that a major upgrade to the game is "dead on arrival", and that's considered ok.
The thing is though, the Flying Island isn't in that category. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words in this case, since it's far from being a worthless GB at in my opinion. I was also pointing out though that there're much worse ones.

However, one 'benefit' that often goes overlooked since it doesn't have an effect on gameplay are aesthetics. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I find a lot of the lower tier GBs to be some of the best looking. Again with the Colosseum, but also the Lotus Temple, Gaea Statue, and this GB have looks (in my opinion) that make up for whatever they might lack in effects.

But again, there're so many GBs in the game now that there's almost certainly another one to spend FP on if this one isn't it. Heck, the Arc is so far above every other GB in terms of importance that they pretty much all suck in comparison lol

iPenguinPat

Squire
The thing is though, the Flying Island isn't in that category. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words in this case, since it's far from being a worthless GB at in my opinion. I was also pointing out though that there're much worse ones.

However, one 'benefit' that often goes overlooked since it doesn't have an effect on gameplay are aesthetics. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I find a lot of the lower tier GBs to be some of the best looking. Again with the Colosseum, but also the Lotus Temple, Gaea Statue, and this GB have looks (in my opinion) that make up for whatever they might lack in effects.

But again, there're so many GBs in the game now that there's almost certainly another one to spend FP on if this one isn't it. Heck, the Arc is so far above every other GB in terms of importance that they pretty much all suck in comparison lol

1) Worse depends on your style of gameplay. For players that are focused on maxing out the efficiency of their city, this is probably the worst building in the game. The amount of goods and FP required to build and level it are astronomical. When you decide to delete it because it's awful, it will have cost you way more than poor investments of building Coliseum, Notre Dame, Space Needle, etc. Therefore, I might go as far as to say Flying Noob Trap, err, Island, is the worst GB in the game right now.

2) No one is denying how beautiful this GB is. IMO it's the best looking GB in the game by a wide margin. That said, GB's cost way too much to be build just to look pretty, imo. Special event buildings or cultural buildings that are built for aesthetics only make sense i guess... But an entire GB that cost 4500 of the highest/newest age good (not to mention the FP cost) is too far for the vast majority of players.

Last edited:

Hyundai

Farmer
i have a question, whats the best unit to fight gbg in SAV?
i've heard that in SAAB sentinels and steel wardens and nailstorm works well, I wonder whats good for SAV

I think with the FI there should be a reward of a 10% attack boost as an uncommon and a 20% as a rare
I also think rather than 1 unit it should be 5 rogues

Nyafka

Merchant
getting hopeless about the new GB. waiting for some change after the feedback's, but only loose the hope. If u compare the cost with the rewards, insane gap are between. the leveling cost should be around CdM or less for this "much" reward.
" day 20 FI is 27.5% chance , so far total 11 shards , last shard more then 48h ago "
20day*6times *27,5% = 33 shard
need to look on the programming lines :D 1/3 reward than forecast is so far out from tolerance range.

Nessie

Baronet
Just my opinion @game designers:
When I see the colors of the SAV-units, I always think of unsavory diseases without being able to call them as a healthy person.
Purple-blue-orange or bright red. Maybe inspired by the corona virus or grandma's varicose veins? or the 1970s?
Observer Drone, Power Dragon, Energy Canon - all the same color, just about. Pretty unimaginative.

Maybe I just don't understand the deeper meaning :confused:

xxGuruxx

Farmer
Just my observations from SAV.

1. A new GB for the highest era of FOE gives rewards to speed up coins, medals, and a bunch of the same? Rogue's? Seriously?!? That amazes me the developers aren't coming up with new content to reward. Leverage your other games and rewards there? A little cross support. In Elevenar you have an enchantment that allows for the player to accrue past the 10 Knowledge points (up to 20). Nothing in FoE allows you to accrue past 10. You can collect past 10, but not accrue. Is this a big thing, absolutely not. It's something different though. How about a boost (similar to coin/supplies) that gives you 15 minutes for an extra pick in GBG. New boosts.....anything.

2. If I am not mistaken Inno was asking for input a few months ago on ideas for new settlements. Now they are making a GB that is dedicated to having a settlement open? With all the ideas that have been provided in the forum this was the final result? A more expensive ToR. I can even understand the no secondary reward if the first was great. Not the case though. Nothing around an extra turn for GBG, or goods of an era of your choice, or something useful.

3. I see a change was made to add one medal expansion (Thanks I guess). While offering 3 diamond ones? Is Inno really that petty they wouldn't do 2 and 2? Even if this keeps up with the averages for the last few era's. Seems like a miss to me. Especially when one expansion is 16 blocks, and just the GB is 24.

4. Something new, something to keep the older players engaged? I have looked and all I am seeing is Space Age Mars with new colors and a few changes.

Just my opinion. I'll stay in SAAB as I don't see the value of moving up an age. I'd say no to the FI as well. I would argue the Galata Tower has more value and usage to a high level player than the FI does. At least you get the chance of protection and goods for almost a 1/3 of the space.

Hi
can anyone tell me which of the attack or defence in attack buildings are going to grow in percentage from asteroid belt to Venus age?
thank you vey much.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
@lordwasa any news on whether or not any changes to the Flying Island are planned?

I went through all the posts in this thread since the rewards from this great building were revealed, and the results speak for themselves. From feedback on the building I found 6 positive posts, 13 neutral posts ... but 122(!!) negative ones. Majority of these explicitly negative, the rest were suggestions for improvements that implied negative feeling towards the great building in its current state. To me this clearly shows that in it's current state, this great building is simply too weak and uninteresting, it needs changes.

We have provided a lot of feedback with plenty of ideas for improvements, some that I like, some that I think are less likely ... but would be great to know if this feedback has been registered at all, or if it's pointless to provide more feedback about the building.

qaccy

Emperor
it's unfortunate that some people will build this for looks, causing the # built stats that I'm sure inno has to make it look like they did a reasonable job.
I don't think there's anything wrong with building something for the looks. Not everyone plays solely for efficiency, y'know? Using myself as an example, I have every GB built in my city. Not because they're all good, not even because I like how all of them look (though that's the case for some, as I said in my previous post), but for the simple reason that I wanted to have them all built. We've all got our own goals and motivations, and that doesn't always mean maximum efficiency.