• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

Big Baloney

Farmer
Because of this bug the bad new GB become even worse GB
fprget the GB, let them nerf it in live lol, love to sell noobs the new SAV goods for a worthless Gb

Suggestion, to make the GB a cool GB,
add the secondary bonus : collect x amount goods of every era current and below from the player to the guild goods :)
if you add this this will be a mega GBG must have GB

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
There really does appear to be a disconnect between GB effects and GB age, from both players and the devs. Players expect high-age GBs to have powerful, generally game-changing effects. On the other hand, devs create GB effects as if they're all the same cost to obtain or possibly without considering cost at all. This is why we have things like Zeus providing the same military bonus in 6 squares as Aachen which takes up 24 and costs more to both build and level up (though on the player side, this is evidence of how certain bonuses will always be accepted regardless of the costs to obtain them).

As far as the Flying Island is concerned, there's a bit of a consensus that the effect itself is acceptable, but the numbers it puts out are lacking. Players want things like a higher shard rate, more FP, and the removal of certain rewards from the shards. Regarding the prizes players want to see removed, it's likely that the devs have them there for similar reasons as with other random prize pulls. Their philosophy is pretty clear in that there's always gotta be some bad/filler stuff in any selection of random prizes and that it can't all be top-shelf options. I believe this is why coins and supplies are a possibility from the common shards, much like how common relics in GE can give decorations. I don't really see that bit being changed here, assuming Inno changes anything at all. Maybe adding a secondary bonus or enabling shards to appear in outposts as well, both of which have already been suggested, would be enough here? There might be technical limitations with the shard mechanic that prevent this though. Could be the real reason why ToR only allows for relics to spawn, rather than the assumption that it's because relics are 'good enough' to not need a second bonus.

Anyway, it seems unlikely that anything will change. GBs rarely do. But is that a bad thing? It'll be a bummer for anyone hoping it gets made better, but it's still far enough away from the 'bad' tier of GBs that folks will build it. Probably about on par with something like the Seed Vault (which I personally feel is underrated, but I know it gets passed over because it lacks FP generation).

jovada

Regent
My temple of relics 29.75% to get a relic, 64 attempts received 14 relics this week
My flying island 23.53% to get a shard 5.5 days = 33 attempts received 0 shards so far
Other buildings with % chance AO,kraken or seed vault etc.. are working fine and you see something happening from it every day.

On questions how the timers are working , why you see a shard on app you can not find it and when you go to pc ore laptop you receive message nothing there or when you open your settlement and see a shard you want to collect it and you receive message no longer available, you receive no answer.

The only thing support says is that you must be aware that when you have 23.5% chance that means you also have 76.5% to receive nothing avoiding any answers on questions , five days we are waiting now for some explication. Temple of relics if you look it this way i have also 70% chance to receive nothing , but every week i have at least 10 relics.

Do we have to wait till it goes live again and wait for a lying statement after the debacle that it was not intended.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
I wonder if guaranteeing a shard every 4 hours would be a good enough change? Aside from what look like technical issues with shard spawns right now, making it a guaranteed spawn instead of just a chance at spawning might go a long way towards improving the GB's value as well.

jovada

Regent
I think they are fumbling between shards and incidents , received several time an incident and when i want to pick it up received also not available anymore.
That they are fumbling and trying ok this is beta but have at least the courtesy to warn players.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I wonder if guaranteeing a shard every 4 hours would be a good enough change? Aside from what look like technical issues with shard spawns right now, making it a guaranteed spawn instead of just a chance at spawning might go a long way towards improving the GB's value as well.
Agreed, making a shard every 4 hours is probably the only way of saving this GB. Its not like they aren't going to remove the option and give any other stat. Also, the Shard needs to have a Settlement reward , or don't tie them to the Settlements. Tie it to GE instead, just making a player have an "active" settlement to check for a Shard every 4 hours is not the best idea. Also there needs to be a 4 hour timer somewhere....hopefully I'm just missing it.

Amdira

Baronet
This 4h-timer doesn't serve anyone except creating lots of frustration. Only few will build it on live server with a chance of zero to one shard a week even at high level. At least a reasonable second bonus would be nice to make players build it. The design is just gorgeous, but most players don't care only for looks.
Anyway I don't know why a GB for settlements is being positioned in SAV, ,when most ppl are finished with settlements. Imho shth like that should be for the middle age region.
btw ... day 5 with zero shards (except the one I couldn't pick up :) at least the name mysterious shards is more than correct :D

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
What if the GB had "click attempt" every 4 hours, not just a random 4 hour spawn. So there is an Icon in the settlements, it should light up with the attempt, we click it...and if no shard then we know, and the timer starts counting down 4 hours to next? This will take out all the guess work and confusion if I checked the settlement with 4 hours ago... 3 hours ago .. 2.5 hours ago ....etc. Inno, if you were thinking by not adding a timer will get players to check in more often, I don't see that happening cause of this GB.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Anyway, it seems unlikely that anything will change. GBs rarely do. But is that a bad thing? It'll be a bummer for anyone hoping it gets made better, but it's still far enough away from the 'bad' tier of GBs that folks will build it. Probably about on par with something like the Seed Vault (which I personally feel is underrated, but I know it gets passed over because it lacks FP generation).

I actually rate seed vault quite high if you fulfill a minimum requirement of aiding at least 200 people a day on average. I don't so I haven't chased it :p I was pretty harsh on my thoughts on it when it came out, but that wasn't yet a world where people were looking for new places to spend FP really - and at level 10 it's mediocre.

It's the best diamond producing building in the game (averaging ~10d/day at level 60 at the 200 aid threshold vs ~2d/day from himeji or space carrier) and pretty decent for current age goods.

There's no reason to believe floating island belongs in the same breath as it either.

CrashBoom

Legend
I actually rate seed vault quite high if you fulfill a minimum requirement of aiding at least 200 people a day on average. I don't so I haven't chased it :p I was pretty harsh on my thoughts on it when it came out, but that wasn't yet a world where people were looking for new places to spend FP really - and at level 10 it's mediocre.

It's the best diamond producing building in the game (averaging ~10d/day at level 60 at the 200 aid threshold vs ~2d/day from himeji or space carrier) and pretty decent for current age goods.

There's no reason to believe floating island belongs in the same breath as it either.
only 10 ?

the Blue Galaxy level 91 used with 15 Crows Nest
averaging 13.125 diamonds extra a day
(15 buildings * 25 diamonds * 5% chance from the CN * 70% BG)

:p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
only 10 ?

the Blue Galaxy level 91 used with 15 Crows Nest
averaging 13.125 diamonds extra a day
(15 buildings * 25 diamonds * 5% chance from the CN * 70% BG)

:p

Well to be fair then I suppose we need a level 90+ seed vault to compare it with :p (also who has 15 crows nests!) It does continue to scale quite well and by level 90 seed vault would put out about 16 diamonds a day ;)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
We are currently looking into an issue where trying to collect a shard (or incident) and receiving an errormessage reading that the shard isn't available.

There are no known issues with the spawnrates of the Flying Island. Chances to get them are quite low.

Amdira

Baronet
We are currently looking into an issue where trying to collect a shard (or incident) and receiving an errormessage reading that the shard isn't available.

Thank you

There are no known issues with the spawnrates of the Flying Island. Chances to get them are quite low.

Honestly? You really expect SAV players to spend thousands of FPs just for a rare chance to get some medals or supplies once or twice a week in worst case?

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor

Hope its fixed soon, level 89 here and only 6 shards lol :p