• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

Twisterm86

Farmer
With you the "Guild Battlegrounds" started today, can I ask for a more accurate opinion on the military troops? Is it always the artillery troops that make a difference?

If Inno would just change the rewards to something like this....maybe ajust it slightly, the GB would be ok

Common: 20%
  • 20 Forgepoints
  • 25 random goods of your era
  • 5 random units
  • coins
  • supplies
Uncommon: 33%
  • 100 forgepoints
  • 200 random goods of your era
  • 10 rogues
Rare: 50%
  • One up kit/renovation kit/store building
  • Mysterious shard

Mysterious shard:
  • Vikings: 300 random goods of your age
  • Egyptians: 150 forgepoints
  • Japanese: 300 random goods of your age
  • Aztecs: 150 forgepoints

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have a hard time wrapping my head around how both of these statements could be true. If you took all of those levels from 80-97 individually, they're all only +1 and would be taking 3+ years to repay, but somehow taking them all together is less than 5 years? I'm too bad at math to figure out how that works. o_O It just sounds to me like two different metrics are being used here.

I haven't looked at levels that high on cape to know if any of his numbers are off, but they're consistent with buildings past the sweet spot in general that you're levelling for the FP.

When you look at an individual level it's +1 FP that pays for itself 3 years. The next levels say take 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 years to pay themself off. But if you look at those 6 levels as a group, they'll take 3.5 years to pay themself off (after 3 years the first level will be helping to pay off the other levels when looked at as a block).

If the 17 levels picked take 4.6 years, and the first level takes 3 years, what it really means is the last level takes about 6.2 years, but looked at as a block it gets brought down to average while the first level gets dragged up to average.

In the case of cape at high levels this doesn't really make much sense in terms of making decisions - every level being equal there's no good reason to look at the levels as a block. You can first decide to take it to 81 or not, then 82 or not, etc based on individual level performance.

But this wasn't his point - his point was that as bad as the payoff for Floating Island is, it's no better than taking some of the levels you really shouldn't on existing GBs - and you don't spend more space to do so.

-Alin-

Emperor
With you the "Guild Battlegrounds" started today, can I ask for a more accurate opinion on the military troops? Is it always the artillery troops that make a difference?

I haven't many new units, but all I used were 2 powerdragons and 6 rogues and sometimes 3 ghost blasters(nailtorms equivalent with shorter range) with rogues and when I hurted my SaV units I went again with nailstorms(1511/841) and rogues according to the artilerries from enemy armies, 4/4 or 5/3.

Now I have 240 fights done in GbG and 58 atrition, I could go higher, but I will do in 5 hours, when I collect my alcatraz and remove my rogues hideout from city.

just unlocked them one moment ago to make my fights easier from now on.
1615480985050.png

P.S energy cannons are killers for Power Dragons, when you are playing against powerdragons, you can use 8 santinels from SAM also, like that fight against Austin Newman from actual TRASH Arena thingy.

And fun fact is related to Observer Drones, they are very short ranged light units, but are actually good ...
1615482728461.png

Last edited:
Inno tell us what's going on !!! is it a type of sabotage? are preparing for the end of the game and want the players dissatisfied? or to stop playing? it's one mistake after another ... remove guild forum, disastrous PVP arena, horrifying Venus Gb, Galata Tower moved to another era and with fp imbalance compared to other EMA gb, seriously tell us is some kind of sabotage for us to stay 6 months stuck in an era, in a gb ... they need a reboot for the love of God, it seems that it was Wanda Maximoff who messed with you and created a chaos magic within the FOE.

mcbluefire

Baronet
If Inno would just change the rewards to something like this....maybe ajust it slightly, the GB would be ok

While you moved in a good direction, for the astronomical FP investment it needs to be more like this, inmho:

Passive rewards
1) Defending Army offense/defense: based on GB level similar to SBC 3 - 83% [L1-L115]
2) Settlement Shards spawn: every 4hrs based on current % chance per level as is already in beta
Common: even chance for each item
  • 50 forge points
  • 100 random goods of your era
  • 50 random units of your era
  • coins Just no to this kinds of junk from a top-tier GB.
  • supplies...again no! We already have a plethora of GBs providing supplies.
  • A new building that provides attack offense 3x2 but isn't highly efficient so commonly is sold to the AD
  • A new building that provides attack defense 3x2 but isn't highly efficient so commonly is sold to the AD
Uncommon:
  • 20% 200 forge points
  • 20% 200 random goods of your era
  • 40% 50 rogues
  • 20% A new building that provides FP in a 4x4 but isn't highly efficient so commonly is sold to the AD
Rare:
  • 75% One up kit
  • 25% Mysterious shard selection kit (choose one)
    • 600 random goods of your age
    • 300 forge points
    • Renovation Kit
    • Store building
Active Reward
Collection: 20 random settlement goods for active settlement per 24 hours
Collection: 1-80 [L1-L100] previous era special goods per 24 hours

It's difficult to understand why the dev's would neglect the soon to be new PvP Arena with this new GB thus I added #1 to the passive rewards. Since it is raised in elevation it's a great lookout station to give our defending armies warning and remote assistance.

While some may disagree, this, in my opinion, reflects the proper value of the 20th age's GB in FoE. Unfortunately, it isn't as game changing as the Arc or the HC even if modified to incorporate these new rewards.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
While you moved in a good direction, for the astronomical FP investment it needs to be more like this, inmho:

Passive rewards
1) Defending Army offense/defense: based on GB level similar to SBC 3 - 83% [L1-L115]
2) Settlement Shards spawn: every 4hrs based on current % chance per level as is already in beta
Common: even chance for each item
  • 50 forge points
  • 100 random goods of your era
  • 50 random units of your era
  • coins Just no to this kinds of junk from a top-tier GB.
  • supplies...again no! We already have a plethora of GBs providing supplies.
  • A new building that provides attack offense 3x2 but isn't highly efficient so commonly is sold to the AD
  • A new building that provides attack defense 3x2 but isn't highly efficient so commonly is sold to the AD
Uncommon:
  • 20% 200 forge points
  • 20% 200 random goods of your era
  • 40% 50 rogues
  • 20% A new building that provides FP in a 4x4 but isn't highly efficient so commonly is sold to the AD
Rare:
  • 75% One up kit
  • 25% Mysterious shard selection kit (choose one)
    • 600 random goods of your age
    • 300 forge points
    • Renovation Kit
    • Store building
Active Reward
Collection: 20 random settlement goods for active settlement per 24 hours
Collection: 1-80 [L1-L100] previous era special goods per 24 hours

It's difficult to understand why the dev's would neglect the soon to be new PvP Arena with this new GB thus I added #1 to the passive rewards. Since it is raised in elevation it's a great lookout station to give our defending armies warning and remote assistance.

While some may disagree, this, in my opinion, reflects the proper value of the 20th age's GB in FoE. Unfortunately, it isn't as game changing as the Arc or the HC even if modified to incorporate these new rewards.

Using level 13 and 76 as example, this would produce:

Level 13:
24 FPs, 33.2 Goods, 9.2 Units and 7.4 Rogues per day, and
Each 3x2 Building every 5.5 days, 4x4 Building every 13.5 days, One Up every 14.8 days and MS Selection Kit every 44 days.

Level 76:
43.5 FPs, 56.6 Goods, 13.1 Units and 15.2 Rogues per day, and
Each 3x2 Building every 3.8 days, 4x4 Building every 6.6 Days, One Up every 3 days and MS Selection Kit every 9.1 days.

To me that seems quite reasonable, perhaps even on the low side, unless you also add an active reward as you suggest :)

Using levels from
LevelChanceCommon%Uncommon%Rare%Shards/dayCommon/dayUncommon/dayRare/dayFP/dayFP/day AztecGoods/dayGoods/day
Viking
Troops/day
13​
22.88%​
67.02%​
26.88%​
6.30%​
0.086​
7.377​
9.539​
13.738​
18.062​
2.5​
16​
23.86%​
66.21%​
26.86%​
6.93%​
0.099​
7.673​
10.153​
14.299​
19.259​
2.5​
18​
24.52%​
65.68%​
26.98%​
7.34%​
0.108​
7.904​
10.604​
14.741​
20.140​
2.6​
19​
24.85%​
65.41%​
27.04%​
7.55%​
0.113​
8.020​
10.834​
14.963​
20.591​
2.6​
42​
32.36%​
59.62%​
28.40%​
11.98%​
0.233​
10.734​
16.549​
20.189​
31.819​
3.2​
65​
39.01%​
54.47%​
29.70%​
15.83%​
0.371​
13.286​
22.549​
25.164​
43.690​
3.7​
76​
41.65%​
52.24%​
30.29%​
17.47%​
0.437​
14.356​
25.271​
27.271​
49.100​
3.9​

I made some reasonable assumptions to produce this table:
1) That the chance of each reward in a category is equal across all rewards in that category (ie 10 out of 15 common rewards will be troops; 5 of 15 will be 1 troop and 5 of 15 will be 5 troops)
2) That the per-settlement "mysterious shard" is a rare shard that appears as a sixth option for the rare shard, depending on which settlement you're in (given that common+uncommon+rare %'s all add up to 100%)
edit March 10th: this assumption has been confirmed

The levels I wrote out were based on the islands I found on the main beta server, I don't have the data to do this for all levels

If you want to duplicate this in excel (or use this to check my work), copy the headers and then put these formulas in:

CellFormula
G2 =IF(B2<>"",B2*6,"")
H2=IF($G2<>"",$G2*C2,"")
I2=IF($G2<>"",$G2*D2,"")
J2=IF($G2<>"",$G2*E2,"")
K2=IF(G2<>"",H2*20*(1/15) + I2*100*(1/6) + 0,"")
L2=IF(G2<>"",H2*20*(1/15) + I2*100*(1/6) + J2*(1/6)*150,"")
M2=IF(G2<>"",H2*25*(1/16) + I2*200*(1/6),"")
N2=IF(G2<>"",H2*25*(1/16) + I2*200*(1/6) + J2*300*(1/6),"")
O2=IF(G2<>"",H2*3*(10/15) + I2*10*(1/6),"")

TLDR: very underwhelming and I hope I am wrong
side note: posts directly below are referencing incorrect math on the troop column; I've corrected that above--part of why I included the formulas I used, as I said, I hope I'm wrong, because IF I go to Venus, it'll be yet another era where I tell people who want to buy the GB, not to buy it because it's trash

iPenguinPat

Squire
I haven't many new units, but all I used were 2 powerdragons and 6 rogues and sometimes 3 ghost blasters(nailtorms equivalent with shorter range) with rogues and when I hurted my SaV units I went again with nailstorms(1511/841) and rogues according to the artilerries from enemy armies, 4/4 or 5/3.

Now I have 240 fights done in GbG and 58 atrition, I could go higher, but I will do in 5 hours, when I collect my alcatraz and remove my rogues hideout from city.

just unlocked them one moment ago to make my fights easier from now on.

P.S energy cannons are killers for Power Dragons, when you are playing against powerdragons, you can use 8 santinels from SAM also, like that fight against Austin Newman from actual TRASH Arena thingy.

And fun fact is related to Observer Drones, they are very short ranged light units, but are actually good ...

Great feedback.. Really interested to hear how the unit mix matches work.
I don't suppose you have enough energy canon to have tested 8 vs. 8 heavy.

Seems like this is primed to be a very high loss/bloody age. No dominate units and a very strong rock paper scissors dynamic ( art > heavy > fast > art)
Ranged unit also seems pretty solid. Curious how often all 8 ranged are able to target at least 1 enemy first turn. that'll help a lot of that unit's success)

Please keep updates coming.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around how both of these statements could be true. If you took all of those levels from 80-97 individually, they're all only +1 and would be taking 3+ years to repay, but somehow taking them all together is less than 5 years? I'm too bad at math to figure out how that works. o_O It just sounds to me like two different metrics are being used here.
Compare that to 29500fp to get 13fp per day, with 6 years ROI. I'm not saying either are good, I'm countering the suggestion that leveling cape past 80 is somehow not better than leveling this new GB. I don't think either are a good choice, but the person who said this is better than leveling cape past 60 was mathematically incorrect.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Neglected to mention that I completely agree that the shards should spawn in the colonies and not the settlements as preference. Honestly to make the GB better for high age players it should have a chance to spawn in both locations every 4 hours. Eventually if there is not a colony in later ages then the shards could spawn in the main city or on the later age's map. Regardless there should be some better incentive for the higher age player as a "game changing" feature in this GB.

@MooingCat Greatly appreciate you running the numbers against the proposal, helps to strengthen the argument for an additional passive and a couple low key active rewards.

Translate with google:

and another boring age. no innovation. It's just the same as before. Unfortunately, the costs of research have hardly increased and that after SAAB became much more expensive than SAM. Fighting becomes even more boring as the new artillery resembles the railgun from before and is therefore OP. No flying, camouflaged units with reactive armor are of any use. The shot hits everyone equally hard.
Unfortunately, the LB comes much too late, the cultural settlements already existed in a early Age. This LB as a timeless building would have been more appropriate (it also worked with the GEX at the relict temple, observatory for GvG)
This is now the third age which just adds "filler". and then only one more per age so that you can stick it all for a long time ...
let's see what an era awaits us in 2022.
und ein weiteres langweiliges Zeitalter. keine Innovation. Es ist einfach das Gleiche wie zuvor. Die Kosten der Forschung haben sich leider kaum erhöht und das nachdem SAAB wesentlich teurer als SAM wurde. Das Kämpfen wird sogar noch langweiliger, da die neue Artillerie der Railgun von früher gleicht und somit OP ist. Da bringen auch keine fliegende, getarnte Einheiten mit Reaktivpanzerung etwas. Der Schuss trifft jeden gleich stark.
das LB kommt leider viel zu spät, die kulturellen Siedlungen gibt es schon in der Eisenzeit. Dieses LB als Zeitloses Gebäude wäre angebrachter gewesen (hat doch beim Relikttempel mit der GEX auch geklappt, Observatorium für GvG)
Das ist jetzt das dritte Zeitalter was nur “Lückenfüller“ hinzufügt. und dann die nur noch eines pro Zeitalter damit man das ganze schön lang stecken kann...
mal schauen was uns dann 2022 für ein Zeitalter erwartet.

Mitos

Squire
i wonder if there is any chance at this point for Crap Island to be able generate guild goods before it will go live?
specially considering how "responsive" Inno to community suggestions
Obs and Arc + 15 L8 SoHs is not enough,
and Atomium is way too large for me. This lame Venus Gb, if it could generate some guild goods as second bonus... - may be at least of some use to build.

mcbluefire said:
While some may disagree, this, in my opinion, reflects the proper value of the 20th age's GB in FoE.
I do disagree. I don't want that GB to be made into a combat thing.
I'm happy with what it does, I just want the rewards from the shards to be looked at and altered a bit to make it worthwhile for high age players.

I very much agree. There are plenty of GBs for figting AND for defense.

I would not mind it if the game returned a bit towards its original backbone; a stategic game where you would need to plan, think ahead, and show patience in order to develope your city. I was a great educational game for yougsters, teaching them those things, and giveing them a sense of saving and compounding (investing in GB to get profit over time). Now it seems that the best strategy is to join a fighting guild, set your timer multiple times a day, and then log in just to fight...and then everything will be given to you, without the use of cerebral energy. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy GBG a have cities following that strategy, but i also have cities that doesn't but require quite alot of brain activity along with huge spreadsheets.

I like the overall idea and function of FI, but agree that it should have the rewards altered to align more with HC and SC in terms of FP, Goods and troops.

maff

Farmer
cuáles son los mejores ejércitos de esta era de venus tanto para el ataque como para la defensa, gracias