• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@NinjAlin thanks --- sad --- from the table I hoped it will boost in SAV

@lordwasa any way to check this is not an omission from boosting it ? from the table on wiki I see a +2% per 2 eras

Some of the ones that did get boosted didn't seem due one. It might not wind up in our favor to have them review which buildings progress or not :p

podkap1970

Emperor
@lordwasa any way to check this is not an omission from boosting it ? from the table on wiki I see a +2% per 2 eras
all 4 'buildings' i posted, should get an update, same as Colossus, Botanical Rotunda and Appleton Cottage, but all did not get one
@lordwasa , so the question is, is everything ok? (so i do not need to waste an One up or Reno kit for them all)

On the other hand if I would spent 40k FP as an advanced player, then it's certainly better to build a level 60 FI than leveling further my level 80 Cape for example...

A new GB is not necessary to be better than all previous GBs. I think it's enough if it's fair for a advanced player.

this logic fails when you consider you can get the same results for free in the same space, from a governor's villa. You don't need to invest 40k fp in to a governor's villa. Your FP wouild be better spent on a level 81 cape because that would give you 1fp/day, not take up more space, and cost only 1109fp (3 years to ROI). Based on your suggestion that this is for players who're already playing for years, if you're going for FP and only have Cape or Flying Citadel to choose from, Cape is definitely the answer. But there are other GBs that make sense at far later levels that I promise you you haven't maxed out to their most useful levels. My traz is level 140-something, for example, but that's just me. I have to defend my guild from a lot of anklebiters even though I hate fighting. Some people will be way better off leveling their CF to 180. The answer is just not this GB. 40,000fp to get to level 60, assuming that's even correct,.. actually no, lets assume the cost is the same as space carrier (it'll be slightly higher) - 29582fp from 0 to 60 with 190% locks on 1-5 FOR THIRTEEN FP AND 25 GOODS/DAY. That would take you 6 years to get back.

People here need to be such a bunch of inno-boot-lickers and must realize that their cheery feedback is both unrealistic and unhelpful. Inno's developers who're inexperienced with this game's mechanics, expect adequate feedback on the beta server. Developers never know the insides and outs of the games they play, just how the code works. They don't understand the meta's. That's just how product development worked. To them, this sounded like a great idea, and they went with it. Now it's our job to tell them it is a terrible idea that will get a lot of low level players taken advantage of by having high age players who're desperate to sell goods, be too scared to tell them it's a bad GB and that their FP should be spent elsewhere if they want to grow. It is a noob trap. Mars and Venus are both entirely useless for anyone who, like me, likes to play as a merchant of goods. Why would I age up, be forced to get my attack up another 20% just to compete on the same level I'm at now in GBG (putting all my added space towards those new event building's that are required for this) when I get nothing new, not even the ability to sell this GB?

These ages have been a year apart even though when mars->saab took a year, the excuse was that GBG was underdevelopment (suggesting saab->venus wouldn't be a whole 'nother year - drat! you guys let your excuse for slow performance become the new norm)
I hope I find something better to do with my time next year. Maybe I'll give SimCity BuildIt another try.

Last edited:

derdelyi beta

Merchant
this logic fails when you consider you can get the same results for free in the same space, from a governor's villa.

I'm not a diamond farmer or buyer. I have only 1 or maximum 2 copies from each event buildings. So there is still some place in my city that could be replaced with better buildings.

I have all the meaningful GBs at lvl80 and some of them are at lvl100.
I collect 1000+ FP per day. The main question is: Into which GB shall I invest this FP to increase the overall FP production in the best way?
  1. I'm not a mass GB builder so investing into leveling my Arc over lvl100 is no choice, because it would never show a return.
  2. I'm not a huge good merchant. I don't like to mass sell goods. So leveling up my CF over lvl100 would not worth the investment.
  3. I have 1000/800+% attach boost. Leveling any of the current attack GBs over lvl80 would have little additional value.
  4. Leveling any of the FP production GBs over lvl80 would be less effective than leveling up an FI for lvl60.
Your FP wouild be better spent on a level 81 cape because that would give you 1fp/day, not take up more space, and cost only 1109fp (3 years to ROI). Based on your suggestion that this is for players who're already playing for years, if you're going for FP and only have Cape or Flying Citadel to choose from, Cape is definitely the answer. But there are other GBs that make sense at far later levels that I promise you you haven't maxed out to their most useful levels. My traz is level 140-something, for example, but that's just me. I have to defend my guild from a lot of anklebiters even though I hate fighting. Some people will be way better off leveling their CF to 180. The answer is just not this GB. 40,000fp to get to level 60, assuming that's even correct,.. actually no, lets assume the cost is the same as space carrier (it'll be slightly higher) - 29582fp from 0 to 60 with 190% locks on 1-5 FOR THIRTEEN FP AND 25 GOODS/DAY. That would take you 6 years to get back.

Incorrect. An extra level on my Cape would be taken back for me in 3 years, but then it would produce only ONE SINGLE extra FP per day. On the other hand leveling up an FI from 0-60 would be taken back me for 6 years (that's double), but then it would produce 13+ extra FP per day. After 3 extra months it would pay out the 3 extra years of Cape production. So in long term it's more beneficial. However, I'm playing this game for 3 years and I have already maxed out the game in a meaningful aspect (see above). So spending FP on any GBs would not affect the overall big picture of my city and I assume I won't play this game in 3 more years :(

I'm not saying it's a superb GB. It's definitely not. There are already 10+ GBs that are almost must have to be leveled up till at least lvl60. That cost at least 2 years to do so. Some of them are superb, like Cape or AO and some of them are just okay, like Hagia. Adding one more would not change the game. An advanced player levels up to lvl60 such a GB in maximum 3-4 weeks and then one would spent its 1000FP/day production to level up some other GBs over 100++ levels without any real benefit.

In summary: The main problem is not a bad GB, but the fact: The "end game" in this game is not well designed. No one builds normal residental / proiduction / cultural / deco buildings. That part of the game is completely broken due to some GBs. The whole city is filled up with event grand prizes. All the GBs are maxed out in a meaningful way. I mean leveling up a Cape from 0-60 will pay out in 6-7 months and then it will produce extra 60FP per day. An extra level on a lvl80 Cape would be payed out only in 3 years and then it would produce only ONE SINGLE extra FP! I assume that's imbalanced. After a certain point in this game, everything gets pointless. In my live server, many advanced players stopped the game in the past 1-2 years due to the above mentioned issues.

I'm not a diamond farmer or buyer. I have only 1 or maximum 2 copies from each event buildings. So there is still some place in my city that could be replaced with better buildings.

I have all the meaningful GBs at lvl80 and some of them are at lvl100.
I collect 1000+ FP per day. The main question is: Into which GB shall I invest this FP to increase the overall FP production in the best way?
  1. I'm not a mass GB builder so investing into leveling my Arc over lvl100 is no choice, because it would never show a return.
  2. I'm not a huge good merchant. I don't like to mass sell goods. So leveling up my CF over lvl100 would not worth the investment.
  3. I have 1000/800+% attach boost. Leveling any of the current attack GBs over lvl80 would have little additional value.
  4. Leveling any of the FP production GBs over lvl80 would be less effective than leveling up an FI for lvl60.
The thing about leveling your arc though is getting in on some 1.9 emails, then EVERY donation profits you, and sniping people with a high arc makes it easier and gives you potentially hundreds to thousands of FP in profit each time.

And if you leveled cape 1 time, you would get an extra 1200FP in 3 years! ;) Cape is probably the best FP building because you're guarenteed 1 fp per level unlike every other FP GB, but spending thousands just for 1 kind of does seem moot if you're already making a lot already. It sounds like you have a good setup.

I'm still split on this new gb. I'm just not sold on it.

Incorrect. An extra level on my Cape would be taken back for me in 3 years, but then it would produce only ONE SINGLE extra FP per day. On the other hand leveling up an FI from 0-60 would be taken back me for 6 years (that's double), but then it would produce 13+ extra FP per day. After 3 extra months it would pay out the 3 extra years of Cape production. So in long term it's more beneficial. However, I'm playing this game for 3 years and I have already maxed out the game in a meaningful aspect (see above). So spending FP on any GBs would not affect the overall big picture of my city and I assume I won't play this game in 3 more years :(

People like you are exactly why I say this building is a noob trap. The point is it costs you only 1028fp to get that extra fp/day. 1028 / 365 = 3 years.
Meanwhile you're willing to pay 29,500fp (based on SC prices) for 13fp/day. 29500 / 13/ 365 = 6.21 years
So, enjoy paying off this building over 6 damn years

Meanwhile, if people like you would bother to run some numbers, you'd see that for 29,045fp (less than 29500!) you could level cape from 80 to 97, netting 17 extra fp/day that takes only 4.6 years to get paid back

Either way it's still a terrible deal + if you really have nothing better to spend your FP on, you may as well just stop playing, it still proves my point. You're basically arguing for the stupidity of leveling this GB being less stupid than the stupidy of leveling cape. I don't debate that leveling cape that far is a waste of FP, but I am saying it's even less of a waste of FP than leveling this new stupid GB. This new GB is absolute crap.

Your argument about not being a diamond buyer is invalid because governor's villa is about to be in the antique dealer.

This GB doesn't at all account for the power creep that's present in event buildings

It is worse than any settlement building, and worse than many event buildings. Governor's villa is just the best comparison.

You could build 6 SOK level 2's in this GB's space and get as many FP per day as this GB gives at level 60, and not have to pay a single FP for it, just trade in a few of your GE rewards for antique dealer coin. That gives you immediate ROI rather than having to wait 6 years to make a FP from that transaction. Based on that, even Level 1 SOK beats the heck out of it since if your choice is between building this GB to 60 or putting 6 level 1 SOK's in place, then the new GB's time to get a return on your FP becomes 12 years. Your argument of having space is invalid, because you aren't using it. If you had enough space for 6 sok's and this gb, why not put out 12 soks? If you don't have 12 sok's, great, you've saved yourself 29500fp by leaving the spot empty. You think this is pretty? great, build it and leave it at level 1, or heck, level it up, but don't stop other people from trying to point out how terrible it is in hopes of change.

I'm playing this game for 3 years and I have already maxed out the game in a meaningful aspect (see above). So spending FP on any GBs would not affect the overall big picture of my city and I assume I won't play this game in 3 more years

It may be time for e new Challenge; Start over, but this time, set limitations for your self. No fighting og no trading for instance.....Or no GBs or no special buildings. or try a TinyTown without the use of expansions ;)

Arv.jpg

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Not sure I get why you'd need to be a mass GB builder for it to show a return? Surely it'd only matter if you're a mass GB investor as it's the investments that get the return when taking Arc above Level 80?

I'm sorry, I used an incorrect verb here (English is not my native language :) )
So I have a lvl100 Arc, but I'm not a huge investor. Usually I invest only ~5000FP per a day. Leveling Arc above lvl100+ worth the effort only if you invest several ten thousands of FP per a day. But I agree, in that case it pays out well.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
People like you are exactly why I say this building is a noob trap.

I agree in that, I'm not a pro player. But based on the fact, what I have reached in 3 years (all meaningful GBs at lvl80+, 1000/800%+ attack boost and 1000FP+ daily production) without buying a single diamond, I'm certainly not a noob.

I agree in that, this FI GB is not good, but it's definitively not a crap neither. There are plenty of other GBs that absolutely do not worth the FP to build. It's better than those, because it pays out at least some FP, while the others nothing.

but don't stop other people from trying to point out how terrible it is in hopes of change.

Even if everybody would spam, it's a piece of crap, the devs would not change it. We argued about many other GBs in the past few years and nothing happened. The devs are absolutely NOT interested in our opinion in this topic. That's why I'm trying to see the good side of this GB. E.g I did not built any of the SAM GBs because they are absolute crap, but I will consider to build this one.

qaccy

Emperor
The point is it costs you only 1028fp to get that extra fp/day. 1028 / 365 = 3 years.

Meanwhile, if people like you would bother to run some numbers, you'd see that for 29,045fp (less than 29500!) you could level cape from 80 to 97, netting 17 extra fp/day that takes only 4.6 years to get paid back
I have a hard time wrapping my head around how both of these statements could be true. If you took all of those levels from 80-97 individually, they're all only +1 and would be taking 3+ years to repay, but somehow taking them all together is less than 5 years? I'm too bad at math to figure out how that works. o_O It just sounds to me like two different metrics are being used here.

podkap1970

Emperor
Didnt change from SAAB
Druid temple 28
Abandoned asylum 24
Royal Marble Gateway 7
Checkmate square 11
Carousel 8/8
Colossus 15
Rotunda 10
Fire pagoda 12/12
Piazza 9