• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
A couple of questions if anyone can help.

On live I have been mostly getting away with using SAM sents, what would be a good unit to start stockpiling for SAV.

Would it be fair to assume a month before live servers get this?
They are still decant. Yet they will suffer serious hits from SAV in particular when keen eye kicks
in. Sent's biggest advantage is the speed and movability. They also still can punch hard and
when their keen eye kicks in even harder. Yet against a bunch of fast energy canons they can't
do much. As the energy canons outrun them and are basically their improved version. Although
Steel Wardens seem to be a pretty solid alternative due to their higher defence and force
field.
Best choose from SAM are Steel Wardens en still Sent. A few times B.E.L.T.'s from SAAB can
also punch hard but nail storms are more often a good option from SAAB but much less in
SAV then against SAAB units. From my sort encounters with SAV units, I think the energy
canons and the Dragon's will be fairly useful. While Ghost blaster will be a decant other option
and observant drone a bit meh and steel fist just improved shredder with better armour.

aquila scutum

Merchant
So a lot of people was complaining about too much routine and repetitive things in this game and what FOE does? A clone of Asteroid Age. Really? Is this all your game development can do? At least change the colony, make it some challenge, put our mind to think a little bit, like in cultural settlement (egyptian fights or minigame). Or surprises every day with something in colony, insert some randomness. (by the way new Great building is awsome because of this, random and surprise)

AGranolaBar

Squire
Yes, however we should not forget that Temple of Relics gives 64 opportunities a week to get rewards, whereas the Flying Island is only 42 (one every 4 hours, so 6 in one day, 42 in one week).

So the percentage given by the Flying Island at equivalent level so far gives you less rewards than the temple of relics. If these rewards are the same as the relics, well there we have a GB worse than the ToR :)
You are absolutely right, I'm waiting to see the % for each level to match it (taking also into consideration what you said).

t s c h u s s

Merchant
From what I've seen so far, SAV looks cool. They removed the no-range from SAAB units, very good units stats, and all the buildings look just amazing.
I think, however, that Inno is missing a lot of opportunities if they only focus on Europa in the next age. Focusing on more moons (galilean moons, like they were initially considering) would give room to more creative stuff in the outposts.

each level improves 0.33% if the gb does not freeze the levels, at level 60 will give 38.38% chance
If this keeps up, this means ToR will always exceed the Flying Island in terms of rewards/week up until level 100.

Level 100 ToR : 33.75% -> 21.60 relics a week
Level 100 FL : 51.58% -> 21.66 shards a week (If the increase is linear with .33% per level)

So the shards' rewards have to be better than the relics' ones, or the % increase needs to get a boost at some point, otherwise this GB is a massive joke :)

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
If this keeps up, this means ToR will always exceed the Flying Island in terms of rewards/week up until level 100.

Level 100 ToR : 33.75% -> 21.60 relics a week
Level 100 FL : 51.58% -> 21.66 shards a week (If the increase is linear with .33% per level)

So the rewards have to be better, or the % increase needs to get a boost at some point, otherwise this GB is a massive joke :)
it is not only about how many

but what is in the shards ?

AGranolaBar

Squire
Yeah, we need more info about what the shards contain. It could be that biggest FP reward is 200FP for example so the % in percentages does not matter in the same way. What confused me was the announcement where it said that for testing your 1st reward is 100FP and 1 store building. Does that mean that one shard can contain more than one item or it was just a testing one time?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So...every battle in SAV is gonna be like FE, huh? Replace the Rail Gun with a Power Dragon and you're set to win pretty much no matter what the enemy matchup is. No hiding, no flying; only Force Field is a 'defense' but that's not enough. Players of course will love it because it makes things easy, but I really question the balancing here. :(

I don't know that it's a balance problem exactly.

It does seem likely to be quite vanilla - where basically none of the abilities of the units really matter because they're neutralized by most other units. You're focused on power shot, but terrain and unit bonuses at high boost aren't that big a deal anyways (equivalent to at most 30% extra boost where relevant).

But given that SAAB has been pretty much torture with 1 army to which there is no way to outplay at high boost (8 nail storms), I'll take no army being a challenge as an upgrade :p

The fast unit's flying only affects its movement because the artillery has power shot.
The light unit's hiding only affects other light units and heavy units because the fast unit will kill it before it can hide, and the ranged and artillery can see through stealth.
The ranged/artillery units abilities pretty much just negate the things they couldn't otherwise hit because of their abilities.
The heavy unit is just bad. Reactive Armor 4 isn't enough to be too durable in a world of AO crit + Keen Eye procs. And the artillery shoots through it anyways.

At medium attrition you likely will be able to load in anything other than heavies with an appropriate mix of rogues against any target... Fasts can hit first. Artillery and Ranged can hit anything, and you can combine with rogues to absorb first hits.

At high attrition the light unit stands out as the one that might be able to go the longest due it having the highest base attack - but as one of the only units that actually has limits on its ability to hit things it'll have to pick specific armies to go against. It would be in best shape combined with rogues against armies that feature a lot of fasts that charge into range to turn rogues and then die.

You'll probably try to make fasts or artilleries work as long as possible for the ease with which they can hit things - but as their stats are slanted more defensively they'll see their performance drop off faster at high attrition unless your boost is significantly more oriented to defense than offense.

With no effective defensive abilities AO will be key to maintain regular enough 2-shots at high attrition and surrender and re-enter when you don't get the rolls you want.

Last edited:
I think the prizes will be better than TOR since this great building is so high age that is meant for more advanced better players. Also the more expensive building cost makes it so that inno has to improve the rewards.