• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

Luke Stark

Marquis
having no defence, being a boring target is the perfect way to go imho :)

I dont know about hate and all but now I'm at the top1 guild in my world and nothing has change really, if I attack, they attack me back. If I do not attack they do not attack as well. Couple of attackers from a rival guild, well they never manage to plunder me :)

The whole attacking and plundering business is not worth the effort from the attacker point of view, You loose a serious amount of units for a couple of FPs and couple of goods. WAAAAY better is to hit some GB's in my hood and earn couple of hundreds FPs each time with no loss of units.

Back to the subject at hand:

Can someone post % boosts of the military buildings in SAM ?

DeletedUser

A life made of "Ifs" its not a life

Life is full of 'ifs'. When I get up everyday I don't know 'if' I will slip in the shower and break my neck, I don't know 'if' I will get hit by a bus, I don't know anything, because until things happen it's all probability and possibility, or 'ifs'.
Just saying :D

dpghost

Steward
the goods cost discount of 75% means you get 75% more goods out of the goods factory or the price of research is lowered to 75%?
Is it intended that the Life Support on Mars is balanced like this? To require 163 Oxygen generators for full support?
Mars_Village_163_Oxygen_generators.jpg

If yes: I hope that - as suggested in previous posting - the technologies unlocking some "terraforming" reduce the demand for full life support a bit.

DeletedUser5097

Here is a specific suggestion:

Level - Bonus (Piece) - Chance
01.- +1 - 10%
02. + 1 - 12%
03.- +1 - 14%
04.- +1 - 16%
05.- +2 - 18%
06.- +2 - 20%
07.- +2 - 22%
08.- +2 - 24%
09.- +2 - 26%
10.- +3 - 28%
11.- +3 - 28.5%
12.- +3 - 29%
13.- +3 - 29.5%
14.- +3 - 30%
15.- +3 - 30.5%
16.- +3 - 31%
17.- +3 - 31.5%
18.- +3 - 32%
19.- +3 - 32.5%
20.- +4 - 33%

The Bonus would remain unchanged for all production types (4 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, 2 days). At level 10 this would look like:
The 4-hour production produces 5 + 3 goods
The 8-hour production produces 10 + 3 goods
I love this suggestion a lot. Especialy if this would be combined with it's current production.
As some1 did said prev. goodies production might prove to be very ussefull in the next Space
Age.
Is it intended that the Life Support on Mars is balanced like this? To require 163 Oxygen generators for full support?
Mars_Village_163_Oxygen_generators.jpg

If yes: I hope that - as suggested in previous posting - the technologies unlocking some "terraforming" reduce the demand for full life support a bit.
It seems to be intended. Thnx for your support for my suggestion of giving Terraforming the function
to reduce demand a bit. Personally I would said a reduction of 5-10% of total demand for the first
Terraforming tech. The next could add a final 10-15% making a total of 15-25% reduction, wich would
be achived in a late stage in SAM.
the goods cost discount of 75% means you get 75% more goods out of the goods factory or the price of research is lowered to 75%?
Yes the prod. costs drop with 75%. Otherwise you would need 600K coins/supp for 1d goods production,
with the discount of 75% only 150k coins/supp. If you don't care about this you could build goodbuildings
like grazy and houses but your waisting dailly 450k extra coins/supp for every goodbuild.

DeletedUser7674

with the virtual era the GB like Saint Mark produced unrefined goods of the Future era..... now with the new era Saint Mark does produce unrefined Arctic goods?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I see all the time on my worlds people winning with attack of 400-500 against people with defense of 1300-1400. I totally gave up on defense ff the city, all of the buildings and GBs and FPs to build them up to sensible lvls is not worth the time, energy, space! and FPs. For the crazy amount of space You need to invest in defense You can build so much more FP farms, ofensive buildings and so on. It ain't worth it, the 5 FP loss once a week if You cannot gather the crops on time, that does not justify in any way donating 1/3rd of your city changed into "defence farm" since it just does not work :) I do not have defense, I'm attacked maybe 4 times a week and then they give up, since You cant get much point for rank by defeating 2 crappy units from bronze age :) and I try my best to get on time for my crops, I have them around the time while I'm free from daily stuff in real world. I got robbed maybe 8 times since almost 3 years I play foe

IF you for whatever reason value stopping attacks, it's important to diversify your investment in defense into the GBs particularly. Your top attacker will have say 500/200 bonus. Your defense without GBs will have say 0/1000 bonus. Assuming ybut base stats are comparable values you're looking at the attacker hitting for the damage range corresponding to (6/11) A/D ratio which would either be 1-4 or 2-4 damage per attack. 3-4 attacks to kill a defending unit. Meanwhile your defense's attack will correspond to (1/3) A/D ratio which is likely 1-2 or 1-3 damage range and 5-7 or so attacks to kill an attacking unit. Now if you level your defense GBs to levels that correspond with those top attackers offense buildings and have 150/1000 bonus instead you'll be looking at (2.5/3) A/D ratio and probably 3-6 damage per attack and 2-3 hits to kill an attacking unit. Your attacker will have to make use of attributes like stealth or flying to get the win.

Given the infrequency of attack/plunder though and the ability to merely collect promptly, I agree for the sake of progress defense is not worth the space - and I haven't invested in it at all once i got over the 'what if i want it back' and deleted my monastery on my first world.

DeletedUser5097

with the virtual era the GB like Saint Mark produced unrefined goods of the Future era..... now with the new era Saint Mark does produce unrefined Arctic goods?
All good producing GB's in Space Age Mars are producing Arctic Future goods, except
the new GB wich produce prev. age goods, so that GB would produce VF goods.

DeletedUser10039

Please stop the discussion about Virgo, it's so boring to hear each of the hoods bullies complaining about being a target itself

We have to keep going on about Virgo, as it will ruin the game for players who dedicated their in-game life to the defensive path in this game. If we keep on about it then maybe the Devs will take action. If we don't attempt to explain to them that the cheats who bully will now have an easier time to bully, then people with leave the game. For those of you that are not hit 10 times a day by cheating bullies than well done to you. If you want to see what its like to be permanently cyber bullied with messages, global trash talk, guild and profile descriptions, guild tags that are aimed to annoy and if they get a 24 hour ban they just make 20 more alts to keep at it. Then come join me on my world. All because we took a sector from them in GvG 2 years ago, or because we helped another guild 3 years ago. Defending our city is the only thing left we can do to try and stop them and this is being taken away from us THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Using no troops to defend with, will not deter these horrible people.

(p.s. not sure what you meant by hood bullies complaining. I am not the hood bully, I am the complete opposite.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10039

Given the infrequency of attack/plunder though and the ability to merely collect promptly,

Frequency is daily and you can not collect promptly. As I said in a previous post. As soon as it's collectable I press collect and a lighting bolt appears at the exact same time. I change collection times (morning, afternoon, evening, night and it doesn't matter what time it is) the same thing happens. Which is virtually impossible but they all manage to do it.

Luke Stark

Marquis
play fire with fire then :) attack and plunder :) and...if You get Virgo it will be much easier for You to attack ;)

Our smart devs will see how it goes here on beta with Virgo and other new stuff from this age, will "rebalance" stuff if needed and make sure to keep a balance in game :) don't worry :) I'm not worried about this GB at all...too little foot print in the entire scheme of things to make a huge impact...

@xivarmy - well I had to read it few times over to get it, Yeah You are right, getting TA up to a good level would help :) thankfully am not in business of defending my cities :)

Beta-OD

Squire
Star Gazer

At higher ages, does it produce -1 age goods or does it produce the unrefined goods that that age would produce.

DeletedUser5097

Star Gazer

At higher ages, does it produce -1 age goods or does it produce the unrefined goods that that age would produce.
the new GB wich produce prev. age goods, so that GB would produce VF goods.
Star Gazer produce Current Age -1 goods. For all ages:
Current age / Star Gazer output

Space Age Ceres: Space Age Mars goods
Space Age Mars: Virtual Future goods
Virtual Future: Oceanic Future goods
Oceanic Future: Arctic Future goods
Arctic Future: Future goods
Future: Tomorrow goods
Tomorrow: Contemporary goods
Contemporary: Post Modern era goods
Post modern era: Modern era goods
Modern era: Progressive era goods
Progressive era: Industrial age goods
Industrial age: Colonial age goods
Colonial age: Late Middle age goods
Late Middle age: High middle age goods
High middle age: Eurly middle age goods
Eurly middle age: Iron age goods
Iron age: Bronze age goods

Last edited by a moderator:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Perhaps the most damning thing about Virgo Project is everyone is concerned about how it might be used for a variety of purposes, and no-one seems to be excited about how they themself are going to use it. So here we have a potential longterm balance issue being introduced by a GB, and there hasn't been anyone jumping for joy about actually building it (because of low charges, too close to an existing effect, no FP, etc, etc).

edit: as for star-gazer I think it's probably fine. It's boring, but it fills a niche that expedition negotiating cities amongst others may like the convenience.

Beta-OD

Squire
edit: as for star-gazer I think it's probably fine. It's boring, but it fills a niche that expedition negotiating cities amongst others may like the convenience.

I agree with this but is is way to far in advance to be useful for most who would probably need it. It really would have been better to give this ability to some other old useless early age GB.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agree with this but is is way to far in advance to be useful for most who would probably need it. It really would have been better to give this ability to some other old useless early age GB.

Oceanic Future was the first age I really would've wanted it. Arctic Future goods were *so hard* to trade for and I built voyager v1 to somewhat alleviate that personally. It's possible that VF goods might suffer a similar fate since it was only 3 phases long and has two high-demand GBs. But CFs in general were much higher in VF than when AF was the end age so we'll see how long it takes to eat up the VF goods glut.

Beta-OD

Squire
Oceanic Future was the first age I really would've wanted it. Arctic Future goods were *so hard* to trade for and I built voyager v1 to somewhat alleviate that personally. It's possible that VF goods might suffer a similar fate since it was only 3 phases long and has two high-demand GBs. But CFs in general were much higher in VF than when AF was the end age so we'll see how long it takes to eat up the VF goods glut.

I hear a lot of beginner players, having trouble when they age up, not realizing they need last age goods for GE, negotiating map sectors, etc. While I have no issue on my main, in my diamond farm (GE style vs WW style), I'm surprised how hard it can be to get IA goods, even when offering BA goods 1:1 trades. I may, if I can find it reasonable enough, get it for that world. We'll see, it will probably be way to expensive early on.

DeletedUser10039

Wouldn't it be cheaper to use the SAM goods (i presume it takes to build the Star Gazar) to trade down and get 8,192,000 IA goods (per 1000 SAM goods).