• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser8351

Well !!!! What crying on a unfortunate GM !!! I like it and I want it, despite all the criticism about it that I find totally unjustified, the case all of you criticize this GM without even having tested it before, it's stupidity

1BFA

Viceroy
did they change it again as far as i read it only attacks the first wave of a 2 wave battle meaning it will not be used on neighbours

What the description is saying is, in normal battles (including hood) there is a chance of killing half of the army and in case of two wave battle it has chance of killing half of the army in first wave.

https://prnt.sc/nfw3cj

It's NOT only for 2 wave battles.

Centurion02

Farmer
What the description is saying is, in normal battles (including hood) there is a chance of killing half of the army and in case of two wave battle it has chance of killing half of the army in first wave.

https://prnt.sc/nfw3cj

It's NOT only for 2 wave battles.

there was still no positive change, and the many years of work that the city was dedicated to protecting the city would ruin this building.
very very sad

DeletedUser7624

Well, let's face it - defence in this game was sh1t always. At least last almost 5 years I am playing. Myself attacked and won 1600%+ def with my 436/216 and my guildmate attacked 4000%+ def with her 460/250 and won. So adding another attack bonus won't make it big difference. Maybe for GЕ it will be easier :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Borowski

Squire
I still wonder what this virgo thing is good for when it just works 4 times a day and i dont have a choice of WHEN i wanna use it.
the first battle in guild exp...? yeah...
I have all of the bp, but i think i wont build this GB

griaxe

Merchant
Like previously stated, if you need 1800% defense it probably has more to do with your playstyle than game balance
well, excuse me for playing aggressively in this war game!. lol
i dont play FoE for its social aspect and definitely didn't come here to make friends..
why should players like me be punished for the way they chose to play? i honestly think that attacking hood AND plundering is the proper way to play this game where the space is so valuable and instead of putting good production in my city i prefer to take goods from my hood. And yes, my game style making me hated by pretty much everyone and that is why i was working on my city defense tirelessly to make it impenetrable for the last 3-4 years...
like i stated before this all goes down to the drain with Virgo released because no defense bonus gonna be enough to fight with 3-4 units against 8 attacking units. And i feel let down by INNO Games because i could've chosen not to work on defense at all and use my city space for putting 20+ terrace farms and farm Fps while also not investing into my defense GBs .. can you see the amount of possible FPs i forfeited over all these years just to be where i am now?

DeletedUser5515

Mars Warning: If you have not reached the end of the VF Campaign Map, do not enter Space Age Mars tech tree. You will not be able to make Mars goods until you battle on the locked Mars Campaign Map. This means you will quickly get Tech Locked and will not be able to make any Mars units, either.

Well, you can make Mars goods using Event Goods buildings like The Ship, the Pagodas, Sleigh Builders, et cetra, but, you cannot make the 6th Mars good (Mars Ore) until you fight the SAMars Campaign Map.

If we are to test SAMars, Betans will need early access to the Mars Campaign Map. Otherwise, given my track record on Camapign Age maps, I will need Mars units to finish the last few VF provinces so, I could spend many months stuck at the beginning of SAMars before I can get Mars Ore using GE won SAM units. Hopefully, I can start SAM Campaign map before Years End. :(

I fully agree with Rob Farmer III, it's a pity to finish VF campain map to enter Mars Campain map to get Mars Ore... i just enter SAMars ans did not begin VF Campain and I am locked on tech tree for monthes, I think !

Please give access to Mars Campain Map, independantly of others campain maps.
And if you don't want to do this, give a better information when you will open SAM on the other worlds !

iPenguinPat

Squire
well, excuse me for playing aggressively in this war game!. lol
why should players like me be punished for the way they chose to play?

Nothing wrong with your style of play. It's completely valid.

Bottom line - It's bad business to make it impossible for less developed players to impact the game.

Think about how it applies to GvG... One guild can R&R and use HQ move to slowly chew up huge holdings of a top GvG guild. Literally, tens of thousands of goods, could be lost over the first 10 laggy seconds of recalc. After the R&R, the only defense is to watch the maps 24/7. At least your only requirement is to collect on time at a predictable time :)

Big picture: this GB will have minimal effect on the game overall, but it gives less advanced players a way to get through GE level 4 and a way to return fire in pvp. Both are issues that affect player retention, so inno kills 2 birds with 1 stone. The most advanced players are highly unlikely to build it.

If you quit b/c that, it's still a net positive for diamond sales.

DeletedUser5097

Extansive feedback:
Space Aage: Mars

Cmap & Mars ore
Even while the new cmap is relative small with counting only 2 continents, excisting of
46 provinces the map is intressting to explore. However as mantiond by other player(s)
the 150% att/def bonus of hostile forces are a bit much without high lvl attacking GB's,
even with SAM units - at least my expirence.
The exploration sites are very intressting provinces. At this moment for me at least,
the most intressting provinces to take in the game. The ammount of Mars ore you get,
the bigger the stone the more loot is clear. Yet the set difficulity is a bit hard to spot, or
I'm missing how it works. Adding beneath the rocks 1-3 stars showing how hard it is to
complete would make it much eassier.
Completing an expedition seeking for Mars ore is a nice working system, resulting in an
encounter simelar to GE. I feel very positive about this. As it gives regardless of progress
a chance for dailly extra fights.

Colony & goodies
The colony is kinda a fresh new concept. I feel positive about it, but not into extremes. The
positive thing is giving us an expirence where are realy working on something on Mars. Rather
just taking down provinces in the cmap. The designe is also very nice. It's pretty sad that we
will lose the age specific colony but I think it's also a good thing at this point.
However at least for me the 2 terraforming tiers in the TT are appearing to me as usseless
and cosmatic. While it is nice to see the Martian background turn a bit more green and eurth like,
it seems to not serving any clear purpose. I would like to suggest giving it the affeact to lower
the requirment for life support. Since this would make the hostile planet a bit more human
friendly.
The goodies production system, in wich the roles are reversd. From making special goods with
normal goods, making the normal goods out of special is an intressting change. Making it in a
seperate place is just great. Since this industry your building up doesn't require space in the
main city yet also limmits you a bit for the same reasson. The higher output is great, even while
it results in higher tech. costs. I'm not that happy with the full price of 600K cons/supp for just an
1d production but it's a good thing that discounts can reduce it up to 150K.:)

Units pool/ballance

Space Marine (light)
I love the design and concept of having soldiers in space. This wonderfull soldiers equipt with
a powerfull flamethrower is for me not very usefull. At least I could not fit it into my SAM army.
While beeing an huge upgrade from Scemitars of OF, wich I ussed as an anti-stealth. Most
likely I'll fit this unit into my army on live for GE purpose only.

Steel Warden (heavy)
I can't said how much I love this unit. Beeing an heavely upgraded version of the Ronnin bots
and strongly improved with the new targeting system skill, this unit is for me an allrounded heavy
duty unit. It's odd designe is something I like a lot but also it's movment.
The best thing of the Steel Wardens (SW) is that they can be unlocked without diamond purches
pretty early in SAM. This is also must have if your fighting over the provinces due the Sentinel.

Sniper bot (artil)
Having a goofy playfull design, reminding me of my childhood from diffrent TV-series, this artil can
deal a lot of damage. With heat 50% reduction of attack power and a good attack stats, this unit
is a great artillery.

Sentinel (fast)
Having the drone design of the movie Oblivion, I'm reminded of the move all the time when facing this
unit. This unit feels slightly OP. Combining with it's high speed and option to strike directly your army,
you must find a way to survive their first strikes. Even with the SW they are very difficult to defeat in
large numbers. Since in some cases they where able to kill my SW in 1e shot (I have 80% def and they
had 150% att bonus), when targeting system kicked in against a undamaged SW. The same thing did
happens to my first SAM champ.
Regardless of this expirence when fighting an full sentinel army, at least in my expirence, I must have the
luck that enough SW survive. After that having the luck of setting at least 1 or 2 1-hit kills against them,
otherwise they quickly become victorius over an army that should be great against them. This is why I
feell like they are slightly OP and just slightly.
Anyways the unit itself is an great and my Great upgrade from Gliders. While swarm skill is replaced
by the offensive targeting system this thing is a great addition and can't wait to add them into my army.
Especialy when dealling with a lot of artillery.

Tesla walker (range)
Next to the SW and Space Marine I love this units' design the most of SAM units. Since it reminds
me of a Mars care converted for becoming an armored war machine. Even while this is an range unit
it's pretty fast. Giving it an good advantage and chance against artillery units and space marines in
wich it's supposed to be good against. However this can put them in the in the frontline, where SW
may are ready to deal with them.
Having the blast skill it gives the option to charge up it's attack. Personally I feel a bit strange towards
it. Yeah it's great against HT and most likely becoming one of the best anti HT units in the SAM pool it
feels like a skill only for making the targeting system even more dangerouse.

Targeting system (skill)
My feellings are mixed. If it kicks in it helps a lot but it also puts some level of pressure of having the
raw luck that it kicks in. It's nice to see a skill that enables everyone to have something simar to the
AO with reassonable chances (or simelar to an extremely well leveld AO) I'm both happy with it and
not so much happy. While it's great that all SAM units having it, it also takes the place for potential
better combination skillsets.

Buildings
The buildings appear to beeing inspired by the previouse space race. Especialy towards towns that
where constructed in that time for houssing the huge teams working on the space race in the USA.
It's a bit sad to see only 1 house for the main city and the need for connection all this buildings to the
2x2 streets.
The Martian buildings look fantastic and having more options to build houses, the colony others more
much needed options.

Suggestion towards Terraforming tech.
- When unlocked, reduce the requirments for (full) life support on the colony a bit
- Reasson: it gives it an function that makes perfectly sens; if Mars is a bit more Eurth like, demmand for life
support should decrease a bit due to the in general improved situation on Mars

LastWarrior

Regent
I might build the Virgo to use on sam`s maps as some umits are hard to beat until we get effective units to fight with

Last edited:

DeletedUser1283

They send one of their alts or guildies to attack your city (while they are in your city they contact the other players and say what you have). They then all rush in and kill what ever you have by using the perfect combo (unless you have massive defence). After they have all finished, the scout finishes the battle and only then do you see a report that you were attacked.

The majority of the game has been ruined by these few cheaters, but defending my city was the last piece of moral victory I could get over them, now it appears even this will go if TVP goes live on players cities.

Lets be honest, all the players who hit the hood will build it and when they collect it they will attack the 4 or so players with 2k defences, so yes you will become a daily target now just because you have such a big defence, so its a GB which levels the playing field between those players with 2000 plus defence and those with 200.