• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Jupiter Moon

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
First of all: [Moderator edit: please only use English on the forums].

Second: The game did NOT start as a 'science fiction' game. It wasn't one for years. And THAT is why I started playing it. If it had been presented as a futuristic space city builder, I would never have started playing. So there's that.

Third: Nobody is saying 'this must happen'. I'm just spitballing ideas that I personally believe are better than the current way they're developing the game. You can disagree all you want; but at least have some common decency to not ridicule other people's desire.
2.) Expectation management, this game isn't solely a sf builder. Just an strategical city builder progressing through various ages. Naturally such a game either grows into hypothetical distant futures or stops progressing after a certain point. It's unrealistic to expect such a game to stick in ancient times, unlike games like Grepolis or Tribalwars. Which both are designed to stay put in 1 specific age. So, I don't really see how anyone would start playing an game like FoE which is focused on progressing through time and eventually leaving the classics eras. Thus I'm sorry but can't see you're point of view in this regards.

3.) I ain't I'm just putting stuff in perspectives. To reflect how unrealistic some desires are within game design.
That been said most advanced and established cities look like Iron Age cities, regardless of their age, with some time travelers setting up advanced GBs anyways. Nearly every quarter or more frequently then that new additions to classical era event buildings are introduced. Which outperform all regular current age buildings by a long shot. Thus making an revisit to an classical era deep into the game even less needed to satisfy the desire for classical buildings aesthetics, imo. Even stronger it wouldn't change a thing beyond the main building's look...
Most notorious events contributing to it are the Forge ball, spring event and St. Patrick's day. In an more minor way summer event with colonial style buildings. In an even more lesser way winter event with progressive era styled event buildings.
Honestly I think the only way they could meet you're desires and believe in better developing it, is to develop an game like FoE snd sticking to 1 specific age. That way sf-themes wouldn't ever be introduced. Slamming mostly historical accurate game on it too to prevent mythological or fantasy themes creeping in. Though that would've spicing it up a little like Grepolis. Then setting up an entire mechanic to unlock all the game has to offer until reaching the "real" game. In which the game might mimic Grepolis, tribal wars and maybe GbG strongly. In addition to add more buildings beyond that getting them through events all themed within the age the game is emulating. Converting FoE through later ages into this is imho unrealistic but I wouldn't be more happy for you if Inno gonna develop something like that cause it could be something interesting.
Just saying I ain't opposing you're thoughts, believes or ideas, I simple think it might be seriously harmful to convert FoE forcefully (in late ages) into something that this game isn't.

Back on topic, by chance, is the new theme music discovered yet?

majo.

Farmer
It's really funny to see how people argue about what would be better ... S.T.A.R. Corp. or Umbrella Corp. ..... so really times - much more important is the place question !!! Is it really interested in no one - we need more PLACE !!! :) And where does it come from ? Ideas ?

It's really funny to see how people argue about what would be better ... S.T.A.R. Corp. or Umbrella Corp. ..... so really times - much more important is the place question !!! Is it really interested in no one - we need more PLACE !!! :) And where does it come from ? Ideas ?
A few years ago, the area of the city was expanded for new extensions. Most likely, they will expand the territory again.

Legendary Kata

Merchant
stat-snorlax.png
LMAO

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
To reflect how unrealistic some desires are within game design.

Agree to disagree then.

Just saying I ain't opposing you're thoughts, believes or ideas, I simple think it might be seriously harmful to convert FoE forcefully (in late ages) into something that this game isn't.

But I'm not asking for that.
Imo time travel is just as much fantasy as these space ages are. They're not even close to being realistic.

Dessire

Regent
Agree to disagree then.

But I'm not asking for that.
Imo time travel is just as much fantasy as these space ages are. They're not even close to being realistic.
is it possible get resources from an asteroid? yes, do we have the technology to do that? not yet. is it possible travel to any planet in our solar system? yes, do we have the technology to do that? not yet. is it possible travel to the future ? yes, how? by creating a ship able to travel arround a black hole at the speed of that black hole and then go out from there. at the moment of go out from there, you could be at year 3000 or 50 000 or even more and still have your same age. do we have the technology to do that? not yet. is it possible travel to the past? no, only things like a proton and in extremely rare case in certain parts of the universe.

it's more realistic travel to any place in the universe more than travel to the past. it's more realistic go to an astheroid and mining it than travel to the past.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Developers have no other choice. For the game to live, new eras are needed.
If it were realistic, then every time we would see such names of eras: ... 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.

Sure and I'm not complaining about THAT.
I would just rather see something different than 'space stuff'.

So that's my point: If we're already going the 'non realism way', why not work in time travel so that we can have some older cultures which we never really got to play/explore - just mix it with futuristic elements. Imo that'd be more more fun than 'space stuff.

it's more realistic travel to any place in the universe more than travel to the past. it's more realistic go to an astheroid and mining it than travel to the past.

It's not about the 'travel' actually. It's about having technology that's basicly fantasy. It's about having weird fantasy military units. That sort of thing. There's many unrealistic elements to those ages. As well as the previous future ages. And that's fine.
So why not have some more unrealistic elements in the form of time travel.

is it possible travel to the past? no, only things like a proton and in extremely rare case in certain parts of the universe.

Or... 'we just don't know how to yet' because we lack the knowledge and technology. You don't know.

Across the strathosphere
A final message:"give my wife my love"
Then nothing more
Far beneath the ship
The world is mourning
They don't realize he′s alive
No one understands but major tom sees
"Now the lights commands
This is my home
I'm coming home

An era is way more than one year.
Era: era, a very long span of geologic time; in formal usage, the second longest portions of geological time (eons are the longest). ... An era is composed of one or more geological periods.
But the Contemporary Era has already been, further for realism it remains to wait every year.

Dessire

Regent
About the new GBuilding, It would be awesome a bonus like "if the average of your daily production of FPs is lower than your attack, at level 80 you get 10% of your attack as FPs. if your attack is lower than your FPs production in your city, you get 10% of your FPs production as extra attack.

with 1500 of attack and 1499 fps per day or less, you could get 150 FPs from that GBuilding. with 1500FPs and 1499 of attack or less, you get 150% of extra attack. The attack or FPs given by the GBuilding does not count as your daily production of FPs or as your base attack wich is 1500 and 1499 in the example.

anyways, the name of the new GBuilding does not have any relation to a bonus like the one I explained.

About the new GBuilding, It would be awesome a bonus like "if the average of your daily production of FPs is lower than your attack, at level 80 you get 10% of your attack as FPs. if your attack is lower than your FPs production in your city, you get 10% of your FPs production as extra attack.

with 1500 of attack and 1499 fps per day or less, you could get 150 FPs from that GBuilding. with 1500FPs and 1499 of attack or less, you get 150% of extra attack. The attack or FPs given by the GBuilding does not count as your daily production of FPs or as your base attack wich is 1500 and 1499 in the example.

anyways, the name of the new GBuilding does not have any relation to a bonus like the one I explained.
How would the GB works in lower levels. I mean if by level 80 you get either 10% of the attack Boosts as FPs or 10% of FP production as attack boost, then by level 40 those figures would be around 5%, by level 20 around 2.5%, by level 10 a mere 1.25%.... That means that for many levels the GB would give just 1% or 2% of the attack or FP Production as a Daily Reward. It would be a trash GB until becoming somewhat good by level 80, and since it is from the last age it would require quite a lot FPs to reach to that meaningful level.

NandodeMC

Merchant
How would the GB works in lower levels. I mean if by level 80 you get either 10% of the attack Boosts as FPs or 10% of FP production as attack boost, then by level 40 those figures would be around 5%, by level 20 around 2.5%, by level 10 a mere 1.25%.... That means that for many levels the GB would give just 1% or 2% of the attack or FP Production as a Daily Reward. It would be a trash GB until becoming somewhat good by level 80, and since it is from the last age it would require quite a lot FPs to reach to that meaningful level.
The GB doesn't necessarily increase its bonus linearly. The Arc for example, starts at 10% bonus, increases by 3% per level at the beginning, then 1% per level, then 0.5%... the GB can be started with a decent bonus at level 1 and then increase slower as it levels up.

Dessire

Regent
a high age GBuilding done for high level players able to level up any GBuilding up to 80 in less than 30 days :) also it should be 10% because if you change it to 40% for example, it would be 600 fps with 1500 of attack or 600 of attack with 1500 fps. also, that could be the passive bonus, it could have an active bonus too :)

CrashBoom

Legend
too complicated

make a GB that just doubles all other GB :cool:

The GB doesn't necessarily increase its bonus linearly.
only old GB increase linearly (not all)

new GB never does it because they are all limited at high levels
(even they really basic and simple bonus "previous era goods" is limited and doesn't give +1 every level. and that wouldn't be that much considering the fact that GB costs are exponential)

you could get 150 FPs from that GBuilding. with 1500FPs and 1499 of attack or less, you get 150% of extra attack
they will never ever give you a GB that gives you 150 FP oder 150% attack at level 80 :rolleyes:

but thank you for many overpowered GB ideas in the past