• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Jupiter Moon

El-Empecinado

Merchant
Sean Connery, if I work on a sci-fi movie, called Zardoz,
Directed by John Boorman
with Charlotte Rampling, Sara Kestelman, Sally Anne Newton, John Alderton .... Year: 1974.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
But I'm not asking for that.
Imo time travel is just as much fantasy as these space ages are. They're not even close to being realistic.
Time travel is proven scientifically impossible. Space faring is proven factually possible. As GPS
and similar systems exist, probes have been send to explore the solar system, etc. all because
of early space faring capabilities. Traveling back in time is scientifically proven impossible. Thus
time travel being unrealistic while space faring is holding some plausibility. As advanced as the
current space ages might be in this specific time and age seen as implausible, not impossible,
smartphones where in the early days of computers also implausible. As they are practically
pocket computers and yet here we are. Time travel on the other hand is scientifically impossible.
Emulation and simulations in the other hand are in the scope of possibilities as games are doing
it for decennium already.

In any case as you've said it yourself, there are more ways to paint a cat. Ascetic appealing
historical buildings are nearly quarterly added to FoE through events. Difference between
realising an unrealistic age with the ascetics and style of you're desires is that all it does
beyond killing realism is adding an bunch of useless buildings no one's gonna build anyways,
while with events the buildings that are commonly build are in the style of you're desire.

So that's my point: If we're already going the 'non realism way'
At what point we've entered 'non realism'? Please read Desire's post again cause the post
explains perfectly why up to the upcoming moon Europa the game is realistic
is it possible get resources from an asteroid? yes, do we have the technology to do that? not yet. is it possible travel to any planet in our solar system? yes, do we have the technology to do that? not yet. is it possible travel to the future ? yes, how? by creating a ship able to travel arround a black hole at the speed of that black hole and then go out from there. at the moment of go out from there, you could be at year 3000 or 50 000 or even more and still have your same age. do we have the technology to do that? not yet. is it possible travel to the past? no, only things like a proton and in extremely rare case in certain parts of the universe.

it's more realistic travel to any place in the universe more than travel to the past. it's more realistic go to an astheroid and mining it than travel to the past.
It's not about the 'travel' actually. It's about having technology that's basicly fantasy. It's about having weird fantasy military units. That sort of thing. There's many unrealistic elements to those ages. As well as the previous future ages. And that's fine.
So why not have some more unrealistic elements in the form of time travel.
Nothing unrealistic of having drones, space marines, armed small spaceships, mining equipment rushed to be weaponised, etc. We already
have most of the tech. used to develop such military units. As an matter of fact I'm more doubtful we'll be using such outdated tech. when
we'll reach the same point irl and armed conflict follows us there.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Time travel is proven scientifically impossible.

With our CURRENT level of knowledge.
Which changes all the time.

At what point we've entered 'non realism'?

One just needs to look at the combat units for instance.
Total fantasy in the higher ages (X future ages and up).

A few examples of such units:

Basically all the virtual future units: they are just 'techy' version of ancient historical japanese things - exactly the type of thing I'm suggesting.

Then there are all the robots and stuff and walkers. While technically, sure, they might be feasible from a practical standpoint they are complete fantasy. We would NOT be making combat units that resemble big balls with legs and such; it's just not practical and serves no purpose. That's also what I mean with unrealistic.

And lastly: The rogue.
So you tell me it's realistic that we have people in cloaks, armed with a dagger who can magically change into all sorts of things: Even big tanks and whatnot.
Yeah... wow, such realism.

As an matter of fact I'm more doubtful we'll be using such outdated tech. when
we'll reach the same point irl and armed conflict follows us there.

We won't reach that. Humanity will kill itself. Clearly.

Last edited:

avalonier

Merchant
maybe new gb bonus?

great_building_bonus_algorithmic_core.png

great_building_bonus: algorithmic core

GB ai core

X_SpaceAgeJupiterMoon_AI-Core.jpg

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just turning facts around to fit you're ''right'' doesn't change anything of what is realism. It's
Scientifically impossible to travel through time backwards. As very simple put, time is an human
made concept and we can not reverse the universe's progress. It's simple impossible.
Is realistic robotic snakes already exist. Military armed robots in an similar shape can easily
be developed, if it doesn't already exist irl anyways.
Also exist already irl, look at this:
The in game unit is just funded by a powerful military with the resources and
need to developing something like that. I'm sure that if the military irl would need
or want something like it. They can easily creating it. Similarly to the very primitive
robot in the link but just way more advanced.
Very simple mortars exist, canons exist. The military can easily build an and equip an
robot inspired by turtles. Nothing out of the scope of realism or realistic achievable
robotics. For example even an toy robot turtle already exist. An powerful military
with the desire to creating an robotic turtle equipped with an powerful gun is very
realistically achievable for them.
Basically all the virtual future units: they are just 'techy' version of ancient historical japanese things -
Actually they are just military avatars in an ultra advanced virtual reality. As I said before only simulations and
emulations are realistically something that could achieve what you wanted. VF - Virtual Reality themed is simulation.
It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that after such advanced establishments in the solar system, humanity
catches some interest of the ''where did we came from?'' Question starting to haunting them and simple
starting to study their past through highly advanced simulations to emulate long gone empires and perhaps
even highly popular hypothetical empires. Like the extremely requested Atlantis. Though even while I've
said this many times before you continue to dismissing/ignoring it over something unrealistic like time travel
while it's achieving you're desire in an realistic way. Just not 1:1.
But either way we'll end up with a bunch of useless buildings no one's gonna really build anyways. Even the space
colonies' buildings receiving hardly any love beyond the credits grind to getting the special resources out of necessity.
With event buildings that feature you're desired design, we at least have reason to building them and enjoying both
the ascetics you're fund off and the usefulness.
exactly the type of thing I'm suggesting.
No, you're suggesting time travel VF is simulation that are 2 very different themes and subjects. With time
travel there's physical traveling back to the past. With simulation it's just a computer model reviving what once
was. An theme that VF is exploring. Nostalgia from ancient Japan fuelled the desire to reviving what once was.
Which is achieved by virtualisation by simulating/emulating using virtual overlays and virtual reality. Which is
wildly different then traveling back to the past itself.
Then there are all the robots and stuff and walkers. While technically, sure, they might be feasible from a practical standpoint they are complete fantasy. We would NOT be making combat units that resemble big balls with legs and such; it's just not practical and serves no purpose. That's also what I mean with unrealistic.
Are you in the military, have been in the military or have seen the wacky designes they sometimes come up with? If I
could I've pressed the doubt button. Ball / egg shapes are actually really practical. As they can withstand more damage
and handeling impact better. It is reasonable to believe an military would choose such designs. As their concern are more
functonabity over the looks. Does such priority sometimes result in wacky looking stuff? Sure, does that means it's
unrealistic? Far from. Giving legs to robots can be reasonable chosen as some militaries are even using them to not
getting stuck in an hostile desert environment as Mars. Is it unfamiliar by the general public? Absolutely it is but it's not
something that can't be realistically chosen.
And lastly: The rogue.
So you tell me it's realistic that we have people in cloaks, armed with a dagger who can magically change into all sorts of things: Even big tanks and whatnot.
Yeah... wow, such realism.
The rouge is indeed the biggest error they've ever made, I agreed up on that but that shouldn't mean that they should
just trowing all realism overboard to fit the wishes and desires of 1 single person. In any case as I've said they can easily
exploring VF's theme deeper after the space ages. As it would allow not just you're desire to getting into an ancient ages
theme but also allowing realistically much desired fantasy themes like exploring Atlantis envisioned by the devs.
We won't reach that. Humanity will kill itself. Clearly.
Don't hope so but this statement counteract you're own statement to making the facts fitting you're ''right:''
So, not really sure how serious the statement of self-destruct is.

Sounds interesting.

Amdira

Baronet
"Algorithmic Core"

it is a charge like space carrier or kraken has

From the icon, it might be aid related. Maybe even related to the aid all feature? I hope not though... hard to imagine how that could work out in a good way
So it's no goods, no supplies, no medals, no units, no diamonds :cool: - looks like a closed boost crate :rolleyes:

Markus2720

Farmer
"Algorithmic Core"

it is a charge like space carrier or kraken has

From the icon, it might be aid related. Maybe even related to the aid all feature? I hope not though... hard to imagine how that could work out in a good way

No no i think this bonus would be not very helpful.

From a neutral standingpoint we need a GB which brings a new Inflation with it.
Because we will face many new Problems, especially with the tramendos evolution form the Event Building.
As is it now is i would never ever build a TA on a new Server. Its worthless

A TA costs roughly 40.000 FP from 1 - 80 and gives combind 56% +56% means 112% attack power an a road ist required.
The best Event-Building the sentinel level 2 gives at the same surface 96% Attack power. FP Costs 0.
And under that circumstances this LB will be outclassed somedays.

Or better said as time passed the value or worth is decrassing rapidly.
Except for GBs like Arc, Blue Galaxy or Atlantis there value is increasing.
Because they are related to % bonuses that means for Blue Galaxy or Atlantis, which are conected to Event-Buildigs (which were going better and better form the stats) will profit from that.

For example the arc is it quite the same only its conected to GBs. That means levels of Gbs are increasing stady. So that gives higher Ground bonuses which are related to the Arc %.

Under that circumstances the best options to eliminate that problems any many more like the high good demand for GG or for army troops and many more would be.

A bonus which increase the bonus from all other GBs in your town by a certent %. Sounds on paper a bit overpowered and already big players would profit even more from that. Thats theoratical right but practially the oposite will happen.

New Players will catch up faster. The reason the overall costs to level a GB increases alaways round about 2,5%
That means a arc from 79 - 80 costs ca. 1.000 FP
Arc from 179-180 50.000 FP
The worlds first AO with 50% (Level 201) 200-201 110.000 FP

So because of this factor new or younger players can catch up faster.
Old players or better said lategame players with 180 arc for example are still interest to progress. Because they don't stand for a brick wall anymore.
The old GBs gets an nessesary buff without a an rework.
And it will works as an compensation/inflation blocker to the evergrowing Event-Buildings.
So its also more actrativ to build more GBs again.

Under the line everybody will have a good benefit from that.
Someone more other less but thats always the same in such games.

best regards

Markus

P.S. sry for my english it's not my motherlanguage.

Goldra

Marquis
That icon... that star is present on seed vault and space carrier. But theres a difference between them: in seed vault, the star is bigger and gives something when you motivate players; in space carrier is litller and shows that the goods received are special.
The icon is more similar to space carrier, so maybe are saying that it will give something special for our inventory.

Above all, there is the danger of killing an ancestor, or the ancestor of someone who invented the technology or the basis of this technology. Does the time traveller still exist then?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The icon is more similar to space carrier, so maybe are saying that it will give something special for our inventory.
Maybe it gives something special for collections. As the grade icon is similar to the icons for finished
productions you can collect. Both for special buildings and production buildings. I think you might be
close to the truth that it's providing something special related to collections.

Goldra

Marquis
Maybe it gives something special for collections. As the grade icon is similar to the icons for finished
productions you can collect. Both for special buildings and production buildings. I think you might be
close to the truth that it's providing something special related to collections.

Yes, its the box that appears on buildings with finished productions. So i see three options:
Option 1: As i sayed, it will give something special for our inventory
Option 2: Something that has been asked a lot of times. A boost that reduces time to the new recolection. From 24h to 23:55, for example.
Option 3: As the icon is the same of a motivated recollection of a building, it gives extra recollection of buildings. So, you can recollect two times the same building.

Last edited:
Yes, its the box that appears on buildings with finished productions. So i see three options:
Option 1: As i sayed, it will give something special for our inventory
Option 2: Something that has been asked a lot of times. A boost that reduces time to the new recolection. From 24h to 23:55, for example.
Option 3: As the icon is the same of a motivated recollection of a building, it gives extra recollection of buildings. So, you can recollect two times the same building.

maybe it will protect X amount of productions from being plundered, if not motivated.