• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Jupiter Moon

Honestly I fail to connect how dna relates to gates/portals to alternative galaxies. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the narrative favours alien life. Judging from unknown dna it might be just traces of it and an attempt to reverse the tooth of time by reintroducing the unknown creatures. Just speculation or an wild splicing path. Though I hope they won't go Bioshock's path as splicing resulted in cancer, run away mutations and insanity.
Gates would be interesting too but a bit deeper down fantasy SF. Even speculative alien splicing is fantasy SF. I kinda like the way they've went from SAAB. Where Mars was like an test run leading into anarchy and resolving the mess from an power vacuum. SAAB and Venus at least provided some speculative useful purposes for asteroids and Venus especially Venus' concept was a fresh breath of air and speaks to the imagination.

Ehm, just watch the tv series (they're REALLY good space sci fi, best i've seen the past 6 years really!), and/or read the 9 books as well. the protomolecule mentioned is of alien origin, of a race that existed aeons ago before mankind which created that network of gates. and the molecule changes anything it comes in contact with. but like i said, watch the series. It runs on amazon prime, in case you want to view it in a legally allowed manner :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Markus Stormrider sounds promising though I think they'll stick a little closer to reality with more "safe" speculative alien models. Like life beyond aliens, if any. Still kinda like the thought of what you've described. Reminded me of an cosmic horror. Where humanity stumbled upon an alien invitation if they could unlock a portable portal. Brought by the alien invitation. Yet they where long gone due to an unforeseen treat from another alien parasite.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
New stuff introduced by different ages, starting with BA:

BA
Cmap
Friend's tavern
Events
Guilds

IA
Daily challenges
PvP
Cultural settlements

EMA
Antique dealer
PvP-Arena

LMA
Mughal empire (what shiny gold that is xd)

Col. Era
Aztecs

InA
World map (not sure how much of a game changer that is)

Pro era
2x2 roads (more challenging city building, before the power creep made regular buildings nearly absolute)
Larger and themed battlefields (sweet cosmetic)

ME
Refined goods (power creep solved the challenges it poses xd)

AF
Special goods (oh how we loving it)

SAM
SPAAAAACE colonies
Special goods converting into goods through a space colony of the current age

So, I dunno about u guys but what would u love to see them adding with this new age? Personally I'm thinking some high age competitive feature could be interesting. Though as the community has proven, competitive is understood as cooperative features (GvG&GbG pingpong). Settlement like colonies with each their own unique twists and turns to overcome? To reflect more the ever changing challenges establishing an new colony poses? I guess most would become pissed and finding it an grind. And infinite outer space map to explore similar to Elvenar? Wouldn't that be more interesting for an end game but after a month also feel uninteresting and like an grind? Perhaps and special GE like feature but exclusively for SAJM+ players? Maybe the mythological GE5? It would be a shortly celebrated addition but afterwards just feeling like it's mean to exclude so many players and just being an lazy extension. I'm pretty curious as it's demented so highly but within the established game's logic I can't really find anything that doesn't feels like an grind, unwanted challenges or an unwanted extra feature/task to do or something else in an negative way.

6zeva9

Baronet
Are we talking SG or B5 Gates?
If B5 then we will be on Io

; Or even time gates back to a previous Age/Era in the Game.
With you left with random buildings and resources from the previous age and must advance through the game again.
You get to keep your GBs (or they are put into your inventory if considered too advanced only becoming free to place once you have collected the 9 blueprints again).
Continental Map being reset to that for the Age/Era you have entered.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What I'd like for the new age:

1) A replacement for Keen Eye. Keen Eye's great. We've had it for 3 ages now though. Alas it's hard to take away - we kinda need an at-least-as-powerful aspect to the new units that makes us give it up rather than keep using SAV units.

2) Some additional depth to the colony. It was novel in mars. But then more powerful and yet less interesting in SAAB+SAV - even if you care about the goods you can't make enough ore (without diamonds) to supply additional goods buildings, so it doesn't feel like you have much room for strategic decision making in it. As many goods buildings as can be on full life support, and call it good.

- Can it do more than just goods? Wouldn't want to turn it just into more city space full of event buildings, but perhaps you could have some ability to say "but I don't really need goods, I'll take a little of that though" - maybe stuff in the same design space as perks where you have to keep the colony running to keep the benefit (i.e. instead of feeding a goods building the ore, perhaps you feed a buff building ore.
- Can we have an additional dimension inserted into the coins->ore->goods(C/S discounted by life support) chain such that the optimization problem becomes more interesting? I don't suspect we'll go back to Mars balancing where ore is effectively unlimited and thus you can choose to sacrifice life support to make more goods. But perhaps some of the less desirable houses could give ore-boost so that we might be able to get that functionality back?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Can it do more than just goods? Wouldn't want to turn it just into more city space full of event buildings, but perhaps you could have some ability to say "but I don't really need goods, I'll take a little of that though" - maybe stuff in the same design space as perks where you have to keep the colony running to keep the benefit (i.e. instead of feeding a goods building the ore, perhaps you feed a buff building ore.
- Can we have an additional dimension inserted into the coins->ore->goods(C/S discounted by life support) chain such that the optimization problem becomes more interesting? I don't suspect we'll go back to Mars balancing where ore is effectively unlimited and thus you can choose to sacrifice life support to make more goods. But perhaps some of the less desirable houses could give ore-boost so that we might be able to get that functionality back?
That sounds the most interesting suggestion so far and something something that could be helping out. Perhaps in early stages buffs regarding the special goods. Maybe discounts in time, credits, buffs in yielded special goods. Though I’m not sure what else would be an appealing bonus/buff to keep running for specifically the current space age. As when it’s good/great it’s hard to appeal players to advance further. Unless the buffs getting stronger but then you’ll running into powercreep ofc. Not like where doing it already with events.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
2) Some additional depth to the colony.

I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand; yeah it would be nice to have something 'more' to do with the colony.
But on the other hand I like to be able to completely ignore the colony (except for farming credits). I don't enjoy the colony gameplay; I want to focus on MY city. Not some futuristic dump in space.

So at the end of the day I think I prefer for it to stay the way it is. So I can ignore it.

Ultimately I really want them to move on from these space ages to something new.

avalonier

Merchant
oh yes...

spaceage_jupiter_moon_1_bg_0.jpg
spaceage_jupiter_moon_2_bg_0.jpg
prov2101_bg_0.jpg
exploration_site_jupiter_moon_easy.png
exploration_site_jupiter_moon_normal.png
exploration_site_jupiter_moon_hard.png

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
yup its some kind of submarine-spaceship hybrid now :p
Yeah and who knows what they might change up with the units. Might take to 2023 for them to making up some new mechanic that they can introduce in the space age after Jupiter's moon. Maybe something to spicing up gathering the special goods or something who knows. This is just speculation ofc but we'll see. It ain't like the other introductions are that game changing: world cmap, 2x2 roads, refined goods, special goods to name a few.