• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Jupiter Moon

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Carefull with this spoiler.
The first name of the new era was "Gallilean Moons", and now is called "Space Age Jupiter". There are 4 Gallilean moons and we have here the first one, Europe. And all the goods, and investigations fit with this moon, but doesnt fit with the others.
What i think, is that we have two options:
Option A: Just a copy paste of the others SA , and SAJ will be placed in Europe moon.
Option B: We are in front of the first part of SAJ. Can be another part for Ganimedes, Calisto and Io, and a final part for Jupiter. So, SAJ is divided in 5 parts, and we are seeing the first one.
Only the name has never been "Space Age Jupiter" so your whole option B theory fails at the start. Even though nothing says they couldn't go that way anyway. Just like the title of this thread the current name seen ingame is "Space Age Jupiter Moon" (SAJM).

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Space Age Jupiter Moon
Only adding the s and we'll get Jupiter moons making the theory possible again. Though I think it'll be more a stretch for the game. Judging from the current narrative and fictional achievements it would make sense to spreading out and constructing more infrastructure around Jupiter. Europe is easily one of the most interesting moons of Jupiter. Especially exploring the FoE-dimension in which aquatic alien life has submerged under the thick ice layers of Europe. That been said I think more players will like to moving on away from Jupiter afterwards or don't mind wherever we'll going as long more ages will be added to continue the game.

While I can understand why others would be disappointed and feeling like it's just cosmetic and an reskin. Actually I rather feel like the ages are an overall good package and exploring interesting SF suggestions in the space ages through this extend. To me the experience is pretty good. Though I understand others who are faster bored of fundamentally the same mechanics. I can see how spiced up colonies making the space ages more interesting for those who enjoy settlements, including myself, while others who don't like them hate everything they need from the colonies.
The biggest issue with the main city is that for the more successful players even before reaching Future era their cities are stacked with event buildings. Rendering any investment in regular buildings nearly useless and rather an event requirement to continue adding into any new age. An colony resolves those issues entirely by offering an fresh start each new age playing with different rules and objectives. Credits,goods production and discounts on set production.
Do I think they could vastly expand the colonies' mechanics? Sure they could and it's likely settlements are the pre-runners of the concept. Perhaps even the test drives needed to look what works and what doesn't. So, offering slightly tweaked mechanics unique to each future colony could offer new challenges and unique gameplays. Which could be justified narratively by dealing with entirely different environments and situational demands: militaristic, industrial, scientific, family friendly, exotic vacation destinations, wild experiments in an isolated place, etc. From an gameplay and developer perspective it could be easily argued as an way to satisfy the urge of continually changes in mechanics, gameplay and character of each new age. As per community demands. Which I personally would also dig tbh though we might encounter at times mechanics we don't like. Similarly to some settlement tweaks. Translating it 1:1 to colonies. SAM, SAAB, SAV, SAAJM(?), could be like the Vikings: vanilla mechanics to families with the concept and base mechanics. Later ages / colonies could be like Feudel Japan, Ancient Egypt, etc tweaked mechanics and unique gameplay.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
I'm really not a fan of any of the space ages. And I'm hoping we'll go a totally different route after this upcoming age.
I'd personally like to go back to old ages, since a lot can still be done there, but with a twist: Timetravel.
We'd actually be visiting those ages to 'achieve some kind of temporal mission'.

So it'd be something like Time Warp: Egypt. For instance. Where we visit ancient egypt, but in a way we haven't done before - maybe even with a few 'high tech' influences infused into the old style.

That's my hope anyway.

Each new era has released from six (6) (most repeated number) up to eighteen (18) (max record by Oceanic Era) expansions. These expansions include those
  • obtained at the Tech Tree,
  • won at Campaign Map,
  • purchased with Diamonds, and
  • the ones obtained with Medals.
Even if SAJ repeats the minimum of providing just six (6) expansions, the City Grid Area need to be expanded since there are only three (3) Expansion slots for those that have obtained all expansions released up to SAV. So, an expansion of the City Grid Area must arrive with the release of the SAJ Era.
I mean the same.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm really not a fan of any of the space ages. And I'm hoping we'll go a totally different route after this upcoming age.
I'd personally like to go back to old ages, since a lot can still be done there, but with a twist: Timetravel.
We'd actually be visiting those ages to 'achieve some kind of temporal mission'.

So it'd be something like Time Warp: Egypt. For instance. Where we visit ancient egypt, but in a way we haven't done before - maybe even with a few 'high tech' influences infused into the old style.

That's my hope anyway.
It'll be highly unrealistic as time travel has been proven impossible in current understanding. Space ages at least yielding some plausibility by sticking somewhat in reality. Settlements are easily narratively explained as less advanced cultures or less advanced societies. Similar to less advanced guildmates for example. So, not exactly time travel magic. Just a bit more advanced intervening aid compared to guildmates.
An time travel age would likely be just like the space ages but instead of colonies just glorified settlements integrated with the TT. While exploring other cultures are an interesting concept and such. We already exactly that with settlements. While space ages are the logical continuation of societies progress. Like the game has been so far. So, I'm not really an fan of the idea of it tbh but if they would.
I would rather expecting advanced simulation to study the Earthly past after completing the space ages. Replacing the space port for an advanced simulator. Which would kinda be VF take 2, deep diving science. Which would be an somewhat more interesting concept to me to comply to you're wishes to explore other cultures and time periods more. It could even be expended as an massive endgame. Though I'm not sure regarding balance and gain how to making it appealing.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
I would rather expecting advanced simulation to study the Earthly past after completing the space ages. Replacing the space port for an advanced simulator. Which would kinda be VF take 2, deep diving science. Which would be an somewhat more interesting concept to me to comply to you're wishes to explore other cultures and time periods more. It could even be expended as an massive endgame. Though I'm not sure regarding balance and gain how to making it appealing.

Something along those lines sounds fine too. I just want some older civilization buildings again; I'm not a fan of the science fiction stuff.

Anyway; on topic... It might mean we get a multi-phased age again, like we did with the Arctic Future era. We'll see.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Make a unique and advantageous GB that could only be asked at this age.
There are more and more players who prefer to stagnate in the FUTURE than to endure ages without any outstanding personality.
Really? My experience is quite different. When I started playing (2018) all the big players camped in FE, but since the introduction of SAM most of them moved up to the space ages.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On the worlds in which I play, it is clear that some players worry about classification or novelty always go to the last age, just like the "express" players.
On the other hand, there are more and more players who have understood that the intermediate ages between FUTURE and VENUS do not bring as much comfort or ease as in FUTURE, especially since they can put all the GBs of their choice.
I think that like the research buildings that you can only put up from a certain age, it is time for the GB to become it too, with the use of special resources and therefore not tradable at the market . Unless Inno gives us another GB like the flying island, by offering players of the last age, medals or satisfaction ...

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Something along those lines sounds fine too. I just want some older civilization buildings again; I'm not a fan of the science fiction stuff.

Anyway; on topic... It might mean we get a multi-phased age again, like we did with the Arctic Future era. We'll see.
Glad that the regular current age buildings are absolute since the power creep in event buildings. Which have the older architecture. Personally I'm also appreciating those architectural choices. Makes the city feels more ancient and preserving it's rich history.
Really? My experience is quite different. When I started playing (2018) all the big players camped in FE, but since the introduction of SAM most of them moved up to the space ages.
Originally it was out of protest. As they disagreed regarding the introduction of special goods. Not sure why SAM convinced them to moving up though. Maybe the appeal of space ages are greater then those who've grown bored of them.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Glad that the regular current age buildings are absolute since the power creep in event buildings. Which have the older architecture. Personally I'm also appreciating those architectural choices. Makes the city feels more ancient and preserving it's rich history.

Originally it was out of protest. As they disagreed regarding the introduction of special goods. Not sure why SAM convinced them to moving up though. Maybe the appeal of space ages are greater then those who've grown bored of them.
For most on my world it was to get SAM units for AA GvG

Another frontier to expand to, me likes. <3

I hope, the good type 'bio creatures' will be reconsidered, that's pretty much as redundant as saying 'swimming ocean ships' or 'flying wing birds' since 'bio' is just a Greek way of saying 'life' :-D
How about 'ultra deep sea creatures' or 'high temperature marine lifestock', something in that direction as marine lifestock in extreme depths on an ice-covered ocean world would certainly a valuable special resource in contrast to simple bio (living) creatures which would cover all known lifeforms like cats, dogs and humans. ^^

6zeva9

Baronet

That's my hope anyway.
That is the bases of the Stargate movie. Only it turns out to be another world.