• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
happiness instead of special goods
would not work... in order for the GB to be relevant in regards to happiness - especially in the higher ages - it would need to give upwards of 20k happiness @ level 1 and progress to something like 200k at the higher levels - even though that would barely be OK for the upper ages, for the lower ages that would be way too OP...

the scaling of population and happiness went wrong at some point and that is not correctable anymore

A GB that multiplies the towns happiness by X% , or a GB that gives X% of the population as happiness might work though

Last edited:

JosefD

Merchant
There won't be any diamonds to test this Era as there weren't any last year, aswell.
Last year the Archeology Event started one day after the Era release and diamonds were provided for that.

It's nice of you to provide an answer to the diamonds issue. However, it's also time that someone of the team answered to the criticism expressed throughout this thread. It's always the same: The more criticism appears, the fewer answers are provided by the team or Inno. That's not a good way to treat criticism. Even if some of what we are trying to tell you may have been forwarded to the developers (we cannot know that since you haven't said so) you should realise that your lack of answers to our criticism gives us an impression of being ignored!

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@JosefD
I also hope for feedback from the devs - but the new age has been out now for 3 days only - let them have at least till next week to sift through the feedback and come to a conclusion and maybe eben possible approaches for solutions. The only thing worse than no feedback are overeager and halve baked changes...

JosefD

Merchant
All right, I understand what you mean: Before they announced the new age here they expected our shiny little player baby-faces to beam with happiness, joy and delight about the new age and GB and now they're roller-coastered by our ungrateful, bratty and pernicious criticism and need time to adjust to this unexpected turn of events before they can react... :D

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
All right, I understand what you mean: Before they announced the new age here they expected our shiny little player babyfaces to beam with happiness and delight about the new age and GB and now they're roller-coastered by our unexpected and bratty criticism and need to adjust to the turn of events before they can react... :D

How a company uses its resources (employees) is finite. Misallocating their time leaves them with no time to do what is important. Guild Perks as an example. It took many man-hours to create. Wasted time as they never used a focus group to access if their vision was what the players wanted or would accept. After version 2 they finally asked a small group for input. GB's are another example. Players are not allowed to suggest new GB abilities. We get a hunk of junk AI Core as a result...

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
However, it's also time that someone of the team answered to the criticism expressed throughout this thread. It's always the same: The more criticism appears, the fewer answers are provided by the team or Inno. That's not a good way to treat criticism.
Unfortunately, Juber is busy this week. I'm sure he'd be monitoring and answering more questions if he was not busy.
As he is busy, it's also hard for me to get answers to your questions. Please keep in mind that I am a volunteer with limited time :)

LastWarrior

Regent
The new units are just not strong enough or fast enough, the previous era destroys them easily, you need to rethink a few of the stats.

clown X

Merchant
these are the only ones with new data? (Olympic treasury, train, governor villa, plaza, hippodrome carceres, eagle, celtic farmstead)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
no - all of them got new data, but those are the only ones that Ninja had in town to confirm whether the bonus increased ;)

EDIT: but it appears, those are indeed the only ones that received any improvement in regards to attack boost

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
No i am using the new units they are very poor.
so you mean they lose although you have the upper hand in boosts and even use the respective counter?

And please do not misunderstand, but as a someone that can not test the units myself, I just want clear information - and the devs probably as well...

So just saying "they suck" does not provide information as that only is a personal opinion.
Providing complete context is way more useful.

It looks like they greatly reduced the diamond rewards for research. At the same time the cost of research has risen dramatically. Inno continues it's trend of giving less back to the players while making the game more expensive to play. The new GB is worthless to anyone in The new age. Overall Jupiter is a disappointment

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
No i am using the new units they are very poor.

What conditions particularly? Which setups are you using vs what?

Harpoon + 7 Rogues is expected to be strong vs most armies, but you may need to hold back the harpoon sometimes. At low to medium attrition 2 harpoon + 6 rogues should skirt the issue mostly and allow for an ok full auto.

8 Glider should work well enough for a full auto - especially against SAJM artillery. But probably not enough of an advantage to clobber SAV artillery better than the SAV flyer since you lose your AO contribution. Which matters more than the relatively small stat boost it gained. It also may fear harpoons at medium to high attrition.

In general:
The heavy & fast got minor stat upgrades but are otherwise identical. You'll be best off using the like-age unit against the target to benefit from AO.
The light unit got its range nerfed it appears, but is otherwise very similar to the light unit in SAV - so I guess it's even harder to use.
The artillery got nerfed (blast instead of power shot) which indirectly buffs flyers.
The ranged unit gained contact! and should be a key feature in fights in SAJ - especially when combined with rogues for free retaliations.

I really need to get my beta world aged up in the next year :p