• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

CrashBoom

Legend
where is the additional feature that requires the special goods o_O

something else than research were we can use those special goods

@Juber there is something wrong in the announcement, regarding the amount of expansions:

In the announcements it says 3 premium expansions; Ingame in the reasearch it says 6 Diamond expansions

I wonder what is the correct amount?
new_expansions.PNGUpcoming_Space_Age_Jupiter_Moon.PNG

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You are aware that the GB's special goods boost applies only to prom and ori in SAM? From SAAB and onwards only prev. Age special goods are added. It's only good for early / mid OF players to get through the ori nonsense grind. In SAM and onwards is again useless unless they do what the announcement suggests: boosting all special goods productions or current age.

Well it's also useful for someone just approaching the space ages who just wants to get through to jupiter moon. It's faster to gather ore from synthesizers in AB than it is to run the map for all the mars ore you'll need in AB/V/JM in SAM (unless you plan to diamond-rush all the ore you need) - if you clear enough space for synthesizers.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well it's also useful for someone just approaching the space ages who just wants to get through to jupiter moon. It's faster to gather ore from synthesizers in AB than it is to run the map for all the mars ore you'll need in AB/V/JM in SAM (unless you plan to diamond-rush all the ore you need) - if you clear enough space for synthesizers.
What synthesizers? What space for 2x2 road infrastructure for such?xd It's clearly doing absolutely nothing for most space age players who have decked out their cities since Forge of Events. I've experimented on my Beta with you're suggested strategy and I can say convertible it's the worse performing city I've ever build and I very deeply regret that. So, yeah in it's current form it does absolutely nothing useful.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just based in the abilities, I would say Harpoon Grenadier or Abyssal Glider, but I hope someone that is in the age fighting right now gives a better answer soon :)

Should be right. Harpoon Grenadier is the first contact unit since CE with nothing that stands out as a big problem to it. And Gliders vs things with Artillery should be good.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What synthesizers? What space for 2x2 road infrastructure for such?xd It's clearly doing absolutely nothing for most space age players who have decked out their cities since Forge of Events. I've experimented on my Beta with you're suggested strategy and I can say convertible it's the worse performing city I've ever build and I very deeply regret that. So, yeah in it's current form it does absolutely nothing useful.

Well if your goal is to get *through* the space ages as fast as you can, you'll make the space :p Pull out your worst forge of events to drop down 20 synthesizers since by that point you have more than enough FP in stock :p It's a question of priorities. (But once you're through, i agree, the bonus becomes useless)

(Incidentally this is something I have no intention yet of doing myself : I have one world in SAV that has no need for synthesizers; space carrier covers all the special goods needed for the next age over the year of waiting. And my current "main" world is camping in OF indefinitely atm. Plausible if some age shines through as a place I absolutely have to be I'll advance - and if I do I'll be optimizing that to move through the ages I don't want to be in fast - but so far I doubt that will be SAJM :p)

Last edited:

BeeVee

Squire
It seems possible to acquire all 7 expansions by paying with diamonds?
Is this a bug or intended behaviour ?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well if your goal is to get *through* the space ages as fast as you can, you'll make the space :p Pull out your worst forge of events to drop down 20 synthesizers since by that point you have more than enough FP in stock :p It's a question of priorities. (But once y
You're sarcastic now, right? Cause it's not April fool's day yet, just checked to be sure. Event buildings are way more valuable then those nonsense 3x3 buildings. This GB could've been good and useful if it would also be helpful in space ages by applying the bonus on deposits too but I guess this year's April fools day joke is planned to persist.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You're sarcastic now, right? Cause it's not April fool's day yet, just checked to be sure. Event buildings are way more valuable then those nonsense 3x3 buildings. This GB could've been good and useful if it would also be helpful in space ages by applying the bonus on deposits too but I guess this year's April fools day joke is planned to persist.

They're only more valuable if the thing you need most isn't the ore (which past a point noone needs the ore). When SAAB launched, I moved up despite not having all the Mars Ore needed yet and synthesizers worked great. Couple weeks later I was done with them and sold them off and started building other stuff.

If in theory my OF city was going to try to blitz to Jupiter as fast as it could I would temporarily store enough stuff to drop a bunch of synthesizers once i hit AB, which I would jump to as soon as i could so I could start collecting Ice from map while synthesizers finish the mars ore, then jump to venus asap, and have synthesizers finish ice while i start collecting carbon from map, and finally jump to jupiter and put down synthesizers to finish carbon. It *is* the fastest way through (sans excessive diamonds). And theoretically the GB would contribute to that path. But once I've got my venus carbon finished I would sell off all the synthesizers and have no more use for the boost. And rebuild the stuff I stored.

It'd even be fun for the couple months I was doing all that probably to have a progression goal to work at. The problem is the destination at the end of it is "crap, now I have another max-age world with nowhere to go - hope I like it!"

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
@Juber Is the supply boost and number of collections the same? If so that doesn't make much sense at all. 5 collections with 17% boost is nothing, LoA gives 40x145% at level 10...

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
They're only more valuable if the thing you need most isn't the ore (which past a point noone needs the ore). When SAAB launched, I moved up despite not having all the Mars Ore needed yet and synthesizers worked great. Couple weeks later I was done with them and sold them off and started building other stuff.
So, it's an penalty for aging up and not camping. This GB is supposedly the solution sold for the problem created by the devs.
If in theory my OF city was going to try to blitz to Jupiter as fast as it could I would temporarily store enough stuff to drop a bunch of synthesizers once i hit AB, which I would jump to as soon as i could so I could start collecting Ice from map while synthesizers finish the mars ore, then jump to venus asap, and have synthesizers finish ice while i start collecting carbon from map, and finally jump to jupiter and put down synthesizers to finish carbon. It *is* the fastest way through (sans excessive diamonds). And theoretically the GB would contribute to that path. But once I've got my venus carbon finished I would sell off all the synthesizers and have no more use for the boost. And rebuild the stuff I stored.

It'd even be fun for the couple months I was doing all that probably to have a progression goal to work at. The problem is the destination at the end of it is "crap, now I have another max-age world with nowhere to go - hope I like it!"
Actually you're right. This is the only minor strategical city builder part left in the game. It's also worth to admit that at least the space ages don't have the ori bottleneck. I could even see fit for an 3x3 ori prod building in addition to the OF port to ramping up ori prod. In general promethium has been decently balanced. Though I'm doubtful it'll be possible to construct an productive enough special goods industry to keep up with the demand. I maybe can see an situation in which SAAB and then rushing through SAV could have some validity, thanks. Still though I feel like this GB should include deposits in its boost and the boost should be strong enough to be effective for even 4h prod of "synthetic" special goods. Even this been said, I still feel like the synthetic prod buildings for special goods are an artificial penalty for anyone aging up, playing forge of events who are unfortunate enough to not been forced to camp for months in the last released space age.