• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

JosefD

Merchant
From what little information can gleaned off the announcement the new age is quite the same as the previous three ones. I remember that during the Venus age many people already said that some new things should be introduced for the next new age. It has not happened - the FoE people did not listen. Instead it was, once again, only the design that was changed but not the inner workings. I think the FoE people are working too much on things on the side which are often unnecessary or redundant instead of concentrating on the new age! I hope they'll listen now but I'm afraid they won't and the next age will be the very same thing again.

As to not having started it yet, they might experience technical problems.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It still says in game files only for arctic future harbor, oceanic terminal and goods synthesizers.

In that case is the announcement misleading. In particularly for any space age but especially for SAM players. Massive bummer could've been the only decant exciting part of the age beyond aesthetics and concept.

@Juber an suggestion for the new GB for the dev. team: nerf the bonus to be applied to current age special goods only. Only exception maybe for VF as that age doesn't have an special good of it's own. That way the GB will do as promised in the announcement; speeding up the special goods grind, not just exclusively for AF and OF ori nonsense.

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
Oh yeah, if it had some mechanic to change the Era provided it would definitely be way more popular.

What would be your thoughts of perhaps previous era guild goods GB? Would that interest you?
I don't see it as being much better.
Guild goods above FE are rarely a problem for guilds; If I were to build it while in SAJM, it would produce SAV goods for the treasury... treasury is already loaded in SAV goods. SAJM goods would pick up very quickly (players in SAJM tend to have high arc and obs), little interest to have another same era guild good GB.
On the other hand, goods FE and lower are more sought after and lower era players tend to produce less goods: higher demand and lower production of lower age goods in a guild. Producing previous era goods would make it attractive only until AF, then it quickly loses its appeal. It would still make it a GB more appealing to lower era players than higher era players.

bluestone

Farmer
Well I am not really pleased myself to be honest. As mentioned before, it really seems a lot like copy and paste again. I don't mind repeating a new system for two or max three times, like the harbors (minus the complete overload in OF) or the colonies, but four is too much in a row.

When it comes to the GB, I am not completely uninterested to be honest. I like that there is a new idea to help out in the later half/third of the game. It now depends on how much it really helps in terms of number of usage and percentage. If it's like a second Blue Galaxy for special goods, it is of course not for everyone, but it would show potential. I find myself using the colonies most frequent in the start of a new era, to gather the masses of goods and help guild members with building the GB themselves or to sell it for a rather high price. The limitation is the amount of special good you can collect in a day on the map without diamonds. A useful amount of times you can double a special good collection would boost this production/amount you can put in the research. In this case it could be of interest for a good amount of players. So I really hope it starts soon and let's wait for the next few days for the first to push this building up. If it is decent, I will build it.

JosefD

Merchant
It seems to be open now!

As to the workings of all this: I think they concentrated on all kinds of other things - and then they found that they needed to hurry to make a new age - and the boss tells the graphics guy: "Jim, go ahead an make us a few new skins for the buildings of the current age so we can start a new one..."

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I really would have liked it if the colony outpost would have been in the form of an extended cultural settlement that ties back into the main city for certain resources

e.g. the special goods could have been given for solving quests in the colony or something like that...

JosefD

Merchant
If my calculation is correct, in Special Goods you need (research only):

- 2000 Promethium
- 2000 Orichalcium
- 1500 Mars ore
- 3900 Asteroid ice
- 8000 Venus carbon
- 10000 Unknown DNA