• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

the Recurring Quests are the same like the venus ones - right?
still 13 aborts to do to fully cycle
still 1 200fp and 1 150 quest
coin/supply quests are still not separated (edit: I accidentally said they are separated for an hour or so before this edit)

I didn't pay attention to anything else, 13 aborts (12 if you have 3 slots) and 2 FP quests per cycle is what matters to me. FP RQs will still take forever.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
That is, the ultimate goal of the game is mining FP? It doesn't matter how you use the FP. It is important just to get as much FP as possible... It's boring. Isn't it?

My apologies, I figured you were earnest in your question as an opening to a conversation. I didn't realize that instead it was in the hopes of shutting down my desire to have something useful added to the SAJM GB. If you are a fan of volleyball, then you'll get that now, from my perspective, I see you apparently were doing bump, set, and what you thought was a "spike" and point by your short response to my rather verbose description of my goals regarding city development in the game. So now I am to be convinced that it doesn't matter how I use FP, I'm just gathering FP to gather FP and it's boring? Naw. There is nothing boring, to me, about getting my Arc to L180 - that's a major goal and only 738,584FP to go... And why do I want a high level Arc? To help my guildmates, other friends, and at the same time earn even more FP to level up my other GBs as space remains the most limited resource in the game and we can only fit a limited number of event buildings in our city.

What are the most precious resources in the game?
#1 is Space
#2 FP
#3 Good guild (aka people) for GbG, ideas, alternate view points, and help.
#4 Attack Boost

Now some could argue that Attack Boost is #2, but without a good guild to farm in GbG, is attack boost very important? Why do people want a high attack boost for GbG, though? Is it for FP or is it for global rankings? If their goal is global rankings, leveling GBs helps there as well.

I agree some folks just play to enjoy other facets of the game like design, the events, and social interaction - I would imagine these folks may find obtaining FP boring. To me, however, it is exciting to get more than 0.5 FP/sqr or higher, so not boring at all.

The ultimate goal of the game is enjoying it the way you want to and for me that's having a reliable & large source of FP.

Owl II

Emperor
My apologies, I figured you were earnest in your question as an opening to a conversation. I didn't realize that instead it was in the hopes of shutting down my desire to have something useful added to the SAJM GB. If you are a fan of volleyball, then you'll get that now, from my perspective, I see you apparently were doing bump, set, and what you thought was a "spike" and point by your short response to my rather verbose description of my goals regarding city development in the game. So now I am to be convinced that it doesn't matter how I use FP, I'm just gathering FP to gather FP and it's boring? Naw. There is nothing boring, to me, about getting my Arc to L180 - that's a major goal and only 738,584FP to go... And why do I want a high level Arc? To help my guildmates, other friends, and at the same time earn even more FP to level up my other GBs as space remains the most limited resource in the game and we can only fit a limited number of event buildings in our city.

What are the most precious resources in the game?
#1 is Space
#2 FP
#3 Good guild (aka people) for GbG, ideas, alternate view points, and help.
#4 Attack Boost

Now some could argue that Attack Boost is #2, but without a good guild to farm in GbG, is attack boost very important? Why do people want a high attack boost for GbG, though? Is it for FP or is it for global rankings? If their goal is global rankings, leveling GBs helps there as well.

I agree some folks just play to enjoy other facets of the game like design, the events, and social interaction - I would imagine these folks may find obtaining FP boring. To me, however, it is exciting to get more than 0.5 FP/sqr or higher, so not boring at all.

The ultimate goal of the game is enjoying it the way you want to and for me that's having a reliable & large source of FP.
I'm sorry too! You don't have to blame me for something that isn't there. But I want to find out the goals of this FP race. You want more FP for yourself to make more FP for your mates. And then what? What will you and your friends do with this abundance of FP? FP were the main strategic resource previously. Now it are mined in quantities that are many times higher than the needs for growing (a tree of technologies and reasonable levels of useful GBs). So I conclude that the FP is mined solely for the sake of the extraction of the FP. If not, then for what? There is no balance in the game for a long time, there are no goals. The players, like lost children, come up with their own landmarks. Someone FP, someone rating points. It's sad.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
@mcbluefire
You know, the need for attack boost lasted long before anyone, even game accountants, thought about GBG... Weird, isn't it...?

Hear ya. Attack boost was good for GE, except for those who negotiated, and important for those who really enjoyed GvG or pounding their hood mates for points and/or plunder. Until I joined a guild that was heavy in GvG I hadn't met anyone who thought attack boost was critically important, certainly not compared to FP. However, I wasn't attempting to be all encompassing on previous focuses of game play, but rather on today's power players which seem to focus on GbG and/or city efficiency.

I'm sorry too! You don't have to blame me for something that isn't there. But I want to find out the goals of this FP race. You want more FP for yourself to make more FP for your mates. And then what? What will you and your friends do with this abundance of FP? FP were the main strategic resource previously. Now it are mined in quantities that are many times higher than the needs for groving (a tree of technologies and reasonable levels of useful GBs). So I conclude that the FP is mined solely for the sake of the extraction of the FP. If not, then for what? There is no balance in the game for a long time, there are no goals. The players, like lost children, come up with their own landmarks. Someone FP, someone rating points. It's sad.

Oh, okay! Good to hear you weren't trying to shut down my perspective. To me FP is pretty much a never ending quest as it will literally take years to get all GBs up to a reasonable stopping point. I do have to agree at some point the return on investment becomes unnecessary and then I'll just use my FP to help my mates drive up their GBs using all that I earn everyday to fully prime and power them up quickly. Same for new players - now instead of 3 months to get Arc 80 I can help them get there in 20 days or less. I don't foresee a time in the near future, however, where FP will be in such abundance it will pile up. I'd imagine It might have been a thing back when GBs could only be leveled to 10, but then I've never heard anyone mention how they had so much FP they couldn't spend it back then.

I don't follow your conclusion since I've already demonstrated that FP isn't being mined just for the sake of FP. It's being mined for the sake of growing abilities.

Now you are getting to things I can agree with. But, what do you mean by balance? Between players or by having useful things to sink our resources into?

What other goals would you recommend in the game in addition to standings on ranking boards , competition on "PvP", completion of Cultural Settlements, leveling the forever Castle System, or maximizing aesthetics or productions in your city? I presume you might agree that an original solid goal was moving up through the ages?

Finkadel

Marquis
@mcbluefire
Apparently I know not how to quote, that is why I call you by name instead, forgive me ;)

All those reason you mentioned are true. Now, from my perspective, I never liked GvG, even when I was PC player, considered it only as waste of resources and effort. I never liked haunting neighbourghs either, too lazy for that. GE was a trigger for me, I love GE. Now, GBG is not my thing, as I can't harvest as much as others - I blame it on slow internet connection. I always liked though to have balanced city - picked buildings by their boost and FPs ratio, that was the way to go for me. Focusing strictly on FPs means you can't help guild with fights on GBG when there are no camps, because you lack % of attack. It means you have not enough resources to do highly paid negotiations in time of need, because you rely on someone to "change" it for you for lower eras goods. You are right, GBG is nowadays determining the game - but to be useful guild player, you got to have balanced city, not focused on FPs only... That is my point of view and it served me well throught lot of years in FoE. FPs are important, but not only source of power in the game, from my experience.

Owl II

Emperor
Hear ya. Attack boost was good for GE, except for those who negotiated, and important for those who really enjoyed GvG or pounding their hood mates for points and/or plunder. Until I joined a guild that was heavy in GvG I hadn't met anyone who thought attack boost was critically important, certainly not compared to FP. However, I wasn't attempting to be all encompassing on previous focuses of game play, but rather on today's power players which seem to focus on GbG and/or city efficiency.
Oh, okay! Good to hear you weren't trying to shut down my perspective. To me FP is pretty much a never ending quest as it will literally take years to get all GBs up to a reasonable stopping point. I do have to agree at some point the return on investment becomes unnecessary and then I'll just use my FP to help my mates drive up their GBs using all that I earn everyday to fully prime and power them up quickly. Same for new players - now instead of 3 months to get Arc 80 I can help them get there in 20 days or less. I don't foresee a time in the near future, however, where FP will be in such abundance it will pile up. I'd imagine It might have been a thing back when GBs could only be leveled to 10, but then I've never heard anyone mention how they had so much FP they couldn't spend it back then.

I don't follow your conclusion since I've already demonstrated that FP isn't being mined just for the sake of FP. It's being mined for the sake of growing abilities.
GB was an important part of the game when I started playing 5 years ago. Now I have a player in my guild who hates leveling GB. And he is significantly ahead of his other peers in everything: in the ranking, in the % of attack, other criteria of usefulness for the guild: replenishing the treasury, collecting crowns. I don't see for myself personally any reasons would force me to mine FP unrestrainedly. At the same time, I also have an arc-180. I would might think there's something wrong with me. But the example of this guy shows that the accents in the game are no longer directed at GB and the extraction of FP for the infinite alignment of GB. Event buildings are largely ahead of GB now. And it's much easier to get event buildings than to leveling GB for years
Now you are getting to things I can agree with. But, what do you mean by balance? Between players or by having useful things to sink our resources into?

What other goals would you recommend in the game in addition to standings on ranking boards , competition on "PvP", completion of Cultural Settlements, leveling the forever Castle System, or maximizing aesthetics or productions in your city? I presume you might agree that an original solid goal was moving up through the ages?
Oh, I'm a player like you and others. I found a reason for myself to stay in the game. This is a guild formation. But this reason is not suitable for everyone. And the fact that the game does not contain clear guidelines complicates my task:)

BetaWadie

Farmer
GB was an important part of the game when I started playing 5 years ago. Now I have a player in my guild who hates leveling GB. And he is significantly ahead of his other peers in everything: in the ranking, in the % of attack, other criteria of usefulness for the guild: replenishing the treasury, collecting crowns. I don't see for myself personally any reasons would force me to mine FP unrestrainedly. At the same time, I also have an arc-180. I would might think there's something wrong with me. But the example of this guy shows that the accents in the game are no longer directed at GB and the extraction of FP for the infinite alignment of GB. Event buildings are largely ahead of GB now. And it's much easier to get event buildings than to leveling GB for years

Oh, I'm a player like you and others. I found a reason for myself to stay in the game. This is a guild formation. But this reason is not suitable for everyone. And the fact that the game does not contain clear guidelines complicates my task:)
I would say that the majority of GB's (like you find in most advanced cities) are all still important today but it's the prioritization of them that has changed. I look at my second city as an example as it was built on steroids compared to my first city's slow slog. I quickly ran GB after GB up to around L60 however I only have 3 significantly beyond that: Arc, AO, and Traz. One could easily argue that leaving my Zeus, CoA, CdM, and TA all at a relatively low L61 but choosing to work my AO up to 100 already was a poor investment at the point I did it and that I could have raised all four of them far higher for less FP than the next 10 levels on AO would cost me but at the end of the day that is a prioritization I made based on my gameplay. Another 40% A/D vs what I already have (1033/1051 in FE) yields a negligible difference in attrition each day in GBG but given that my boosts cause enough damage that the AO triggers at 30.28% are far more likely to result in one hit kills makes a huge difference to my bottom line. It took me 11 months to get 100K fights (parked in HMA for months before jumping to FE) but in the last 3 months with not significantly increased A/D but with a L100 AO at my disposal vs a 60 I've already logged 73K fights for similar online activity. The AO in my city helps significantly subsidize my FP production which in turns helps me restock my bank faster so I can party it and my Arc up even more. We give full BE on all guild GB's so I'm always seeking to raise it more to help those at the bottom where I once was also.

Owl II

Emperor
I would say that the majority of GB's (like you find in most advanced cities) are all still important today but it's the prioritization of them that has changed. I look at my second city as an example as it was built on steroids compared to my first city's slow slog. I quickly ran GB after GB up to around L60 however I only have 3 significantly beyond that: Arc, AO, and Traz. One could easily argue that leaving my Zeus, CoA, CdM, and TA all at a relatively low L61 but choosing to work my AO up to 100 already was a poor investment at the point I did it and that I could have raised all four of them far higher for less FP than the next 10 levels on AO would cost me but at the end of the day that is a prioritization I made based on my gameplay. Another 40% A/D vs what I already have (1033/1051 in FE) yields a negligible difference in attrition each day in GBG but given that my boosts cause enough damage that the AO triggers at 30.28% are far more likely to result in one hit kills makes a huge difference to my bottom line. It took me 11 months to get 100K fights (parked in HMA for months before jumping to FE) but in the last 3 months with not significantly increased A/D but with a L100 AO at my disposal vs a 60 I've already logged 73K fights for similar online activity. The AO in my city helps significantly subsidize my FP production which in turns helps me restock my bank faster so I can party it and my Arc up even more. We give full BE on all guild GB's so I'm always seeking to raise it more to help those at the bottom where I once was also.
You'll realize that your AO will not do the trick once you get to Venus. Oh no, you will understand that AO not do the trick much earlier, in AF. Because your main unit in AF will still be a hover. The NPC has a built-in AO much cooler than yours, starting from Mars. And in Jupiter, this built-in AO becomes inaccessible to any GB.

That is, you still think GB matters a lot just because you haven't seen the whole game. You only looked at little piece at the very beginning. Yes, and the territory in FE is much larger than in HMA. There is no point in sitting in the HMA and artificially slowing down your growing

Owl II

Emperor
GB is important for the gameplay of course. But now much less than before. Basically, leveling GB is just a process, without any result. The presence or absence of GB has a minimal impact on the gameplay as a whole. Only 3 GB are an exception: Arc, Traz and Chateau. This is an example of how an unreasonable approach to events ruined an important component of the old game

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You'll realize that your AO will not do the trick once you get to Venus. Oh no, you will understand that AO not do the trick much earlier, in AF. Because your main unit in AF will still be a hover. The NPC has a built-in AO much cooler than yours, starting from Mars. And in Jupiter, this built-in AO becomes inaccessible to any GB.

That is, you still think GB matters a lot just because you haven't seen the whole game. You only looked at little piece at the very beginning. Yes, and the territory in FE is much larger than in HMA. There is no point in sitting in the HMA and artificially slowing down your growing
You actually do realise that with an AO you'll get an 2nd dice which can provide an 1hit-KO while the AI has only
1 build-in dice equal to yours? According to chance mathematics with an AO you're odds in space ages for an
1hit-KO are better then the AI has, if you have an AO. Also in AF you can still choose to using other units then the
hover tanks. Like the battle fortress for example. Which has it's defensive capabilities covered no matter how strong
the AI's attacks become. Plus AO will allow them regardless to 1hit-KO the AI at times if you're att% is high
enough.
Though in VF it's defiantly true that the peak of the game is reached aslong the keen-eye persists and increases.
Unless maybe someday in the future an space age unit will rise that is immune to it.

No way levelling GB helps global ranking as much as fights
No way...in fact levelling GBG help very little, comparing to fights
Very little to none !!!!

Owl II

Emperor
it is not the fault of the AO if a players uses units from the wrong age

stop the fake news

it has the SAME build in keen eye

+ you also get AO on top of it
This fake news has been going on for 3 years. :rolleyes: Yes, I meant a keen eye. He gets stronger from era to era. You have no chance to keep up with this with your AO

Owl II

Emperor
AO over keen eye is a completely different story than AO without a keen eye. AO to space ages is a completely different story. So GB is discredited over time

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This fake news has been going on for 3 years. :rolleyes: Yes, I meant a keen eye. He gets stronger from era to era. You have no chance to keep up with this with your AO
What has more chance of succes?
1 role of a dice with 35% chance
Or
1 role of dice with 35% chance & an dice with 40% chance with an chance to get both?
AO over keen eye is a completely different story than AO without a keen eye. AO to space ages is a completely different story. So GB is discredited over time
True but fact remains that the odds with an AO are more favourable. That been said an favourable outcome for mass fights is best without keen-eye at all. Naturally some1 could decide to camp in VF and the game won't change much if at all compared to any space age. Except not having to deal with AI keen eye.