• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

DeletedUser5097

Whether I have stockpile or not, does not change anything. How do you know how the game should function, you are not the developer! We know how YOU want the game to function. People always want to blame others for their failings, "it is never my fault". It will be a year before the next era comes out, so you cannot complete SAAB in 2 weeks! so what! Enjoy the journey. Plan better next time. I would advise to stockpile asteroid ice, it will probably be required in the next era.
Your simple rude and ignorant. Oh well it's not your fault, ignorant folks are ignorant of their ignorance aswell. Anyways how
does it makes sense to you, I wonder. That every one can dailly make 100+ Promethium/Orichalcium whith 0 space to sarcrafice
compared to 10x 3x3 = 90 tiles + 10 x 2x2 = 130 tiles for just 60 Mars ore/day that may also can be plunderd and waisted space
that could be used for other stuff?

Also how do you know that I'm not an developer? Maybe I'm undercover and conducting field tests, maybe I'm not
Promethium and orichalcum are required in SAM, AF and OF special goods, so why would you think that mars ore would not be used in the future?
Did I said anything about special goods wouldn't be needed after some time? NO!!! I only said that productions rate are far bellow ''normal''
production rates for special goods and especialy compared to investments. I said never that special goods would have no purpose at one
point

CrashBoom

Legend
Promethium and orichalcum are required in SAM, AF and OF special goods, so why would you think that mars ore would not be used in the future?
promethium and orichalcum is produces the same way as it is in its era

so why did you think that Mars Ore wouldn't be the same in SAAB as in SAM?

so as it is NOT available on the map anymore why would someone think it still would be used in the future ?

btw
did you know that you would need about 25 Mars Ore synthesizer to get approx the amount of ori or prom (an average ship brings me 100 a day)
so for the amount of both goods combined that would be 50 synthesizer

so imagine Prom or Ori harbor were only available in its era and after that you need to have 25 synthesizer for each instead to get the same amount

All of us had ample time to produce, collect. If because I made better decisions and that makes me rude and ignorant, so be it! I have made other mistakes in FoE. I remember this same discussion when AF came out about about promethium being too slow in production compared to goods buildings. This game should be a challenge!

CrashBoom

Legend
. If because I made better decisions
it is like in Poker

not always the better decision win

you played wrong and ignored the colony
but you won. congrats. but not because you made a better decision

in poker that is called bad beat when the better hand lose

so all bad players who ignored the colony shut the f_uck up and let the players who used all parts of the game talk

DeletedUser8707

nope

I am so great that I adapt fast enough to have enough Mars Ore when this hits live server :cool:

and for the eras after SA:AB
I think my level 91 Space Carrier (which I will have in about 1 month after the release on live) will produce enough
We all can adapt it but this kind change kills gameplay inspiration, I allready restarted Artic, Oceanic and Mars special goods.... but I hoped that we get something NEW.

About SAAB goods requirements overall... it makes me clear that something is changed.

, maybe they quadruple goods requirements per age now so it will be challenge move up ages or easier check where is "Exit"...

Prrr

Farmer
Proposal:
Change the rogues with the goods of the previous era.
Reason:
Himeji Castle has rewards:
-where you can get a chance to win a lot of prizes(Goods, Forge Points, Diamonds)
-where rewards help you in fights(Rogues, Spoil of War kit)

I think it will be much better if Space Carrier where you can win rewards in negotiations will have a chance to win goods from previous ages. Negotiations require goods from the current and previous era. Since Arctic Future negotiations require also special goods for some negotiations. Space Carrier rewards should help you in negotiations

Balance:
Stargazer products x goods every 24 hours. Space Carrier has only chance to win rewards. I think this change will not make Stargazer useless.

Visual Aids:
My example suggestion of changes:
  • 50 Goods (24%)
  • 125 Goods (8%)
  • 250 Goods (3%)
  • 500 Goods (1%)
  • 10 Forge Points (25%)
  • 50 Forge Points (12%)
  • 200 Forge Points (5%)
  • 100 Goods from the previous age (16%)
  • 225 Goods from the previous age (4%)
  • 50 Diamonds (1%)
  • Diplomatic Gifts Selection Kit (1%)
    • Wishing Well
    • Wishing Well Shrink Kit
    • Renovation Kit
I totaly agree with this. Space Carrier meant to help people who negatiate, not people who fight. So, replace rogues with previous era goods.

DeletedUser8707

Proposal:
Change the rogues with the goods of the previous era.
Reason:
Himeji Castle has rewards:
-where you can get a chance to win a lot of prizes(Goods, Forge Points, Diamonds)
-where rewards help you in fights(Rogues, Spoil of War kit)

I think it will be much better if Space Carrier where you can win rewards in negotiations will have a chance to win goods from previous ages. Negotiations require goods from the current and previous era. Since Arctic Future negotiations require also special goods for some negotiations. Space Carrier rewards should help you in negotiations

Balance:
Stargazer products x goods every 24 hours. Space Carrier has only chance to win rewards. I think this change will not make Stargazer useless.

Visual Aids:
My example suggestion of changes:
  • 50 Goods (24%)
  • 125 Goods (8%)
  • 250 Goods (3%)
  • 500 Goods (1%)
  • 10 Forge Points (25%)
  • 50 Forge Points (12%)
  • 200 Forge Points (5%)
  • 100 Goods from the previous age (16%)
  • 225 Goods from the previous age (4%)
  • 50 Diamonds (1%)
  • Diplomatic Gifts Selection Kit (1%)
    • Wishing Well
    • Wishing Well Shrink Kit
    • Renovation Kit
I totaly agree with this. Space Carrier meant to help people who negatiate, not people who fight. So, replace rogues with previous era goods.
Yes, those who build this GB sure have,

+ Alcatraz
+ Rogue Hideout

, so proposal is very good!!!!

DeletedUser9801

Can someone answer to these questions pls?
1. Can we buy expansions with medals in the new era? How much medals and diamond costs the first ones? How many we can buy in total? How many are on the map?
2. What else we need to produce Mars goods in our main city beside coins and supplies? (I know for Mars ore we also need medals). What is the production for 8 hours from one building?
3. How many maps are in SAAB? two like in SAM? (anyone have any map printscreen?)
4. How much Promethium, Oricalcum, Mars ore and Asteroid Ice we receive from Space Carrier. Any rough idea?
5. What type of unit is Champion? Heavy unit?

qaccy

Emperor
For long-time players, I don't see the issue with 'low' production for Mars Ore. I spend most of my time at the end of the tech tree anyway, which is rather more boring than having stuff to actually work on. Even if production is low, so what? Doing something one way before doesn't mean it always has to be that way, does it? We always want things to be better and easier for us, but games often design in the other direction as well. Maybe the values we got are entirely intended to be part of the 'challenge' for SAAB. Figuring out how to make room for a production level we're comfortable with in order to get through research.

Besides, why are we getting so upset over research potentially being slow? What's in the research tree that's really so important to unlock? Advanced players get hundreds of goods and dozens of units per week just from event buildings and places like GE and GBG. Are normal buildings really that important to have as quickly as possible? I do research to have something to do, because pretty much all of the buildings at this point never get placed in my city. That wouldn't really change whether research took me a month or a year to get through.

DeletedUser6015

a question
what’s going on with the ore, since there’s so much feedback about it ?
because it comes from the campaign map and not from the colony
will the ore mines disappear on the campaign map?

CrashBoom

Legend
because it comes from the campaign map and not from the colony
will the ore mines disappear on the campaign map?
the ore deposits will be locked
and you can't use them anymore

so you have 3 (4) options
a) have enough ore already when entering SA:AB
b) use the synthesizers. currently 4 ore/24 hour (6 if you run 6x 4h which give 1 or 3x 8h of 2) per 3x3 building
c) get ore from the Space Carrier
(d) buy it with diamonds)

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
the ore deposits will be locked
and you can't use them anymore

so you have 3 (4) options
a) have enough ore already when entering SA:AB
b) use the synthesizers. currently 4 ore/24 hour (6 if you run 6x 4h with give 1) in one 3x3 building
c) get ore from the Space Carrier
(d) buy it with diamonds)

i would rephrase option b as "per 3x3 building" as it may be misconstrued as only being allowed to have one :p

DeletedUser1418

Still no word from support or dev's! Just unbelievable, while we continue to ruin our city buildings for to built ore-buildings. They are gonna put this thru as is. I predict a lot of pizzed-off customers on the Live servers, they are already complaining about it now on local forums!

Dan 77

Squire
Well I mean if you prefer not to negotiate at all I'm not sure why you'd want the building to incentivize you into it - just don't build it.

I do negotiate in GBG on any sector that doesn't have 4+ siege camps to save attrition and will have no issue using up the charges without doing anything I wouldn't be anyways.

As such I will be building it - I could use a second himeji castle.

The only argument I could see for the rewards being higher on star cruiser is that it'll be costlier to level as it's a higher age.
But I will build it. Due to the special recources provided - the research tree will by more and more expensive in the future, maybe extremely expensive. For example Star Gazer is also superb, it already gave me more than 30 000 goods from Virtual Future.

Sadly, I'm counting on my live-server enemies not having any clue about this serious game-issue and moving up with-out a stockpile of ore, getting stuck and not getting the latest units, nor finishing tech, nor getting a colony that can produce goods quickly. Sure they'll have their CF to produce goods, but the extra few thousand a day from the Colony that I've gotten from Mars has been great in GBG...now they'll both be great for sales, too. I'm glad that this GB isn't entirely useless, since my preferred way of growing is through good sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

1BFA

Viceroy
It would be nice if we get some kindof acknowledgment from beta admin/dev on the issue of Mars Ore, i.e Is dev thinking about doing anything or is this or not ? Because if you folks are not gonna take it seriously this is going to be a disaster on live servers. Most of the beta community are dedicated players of FOE and probably playing for long time and majority of them are here to communicate back to their ACTIVE guilds on live servers. In addition some (probably a lot ) of us cannot test new age in beta because we are in lower ages here but are higher ages on live servers (So the noise you here is way less that it would have been if we all were in SAAB).

We knew that the Mars colony wont be there when we move to SAAB, but you never made it clear that along with the colony you will take away Mars Ore deposits. If we go by this logic why do we have access to mine other special goods from AF and OF ? In other words if we can be in SAAB and send ship for special goods from AF and OF why not for Mars Ore.... In other words why would the players think that you will cut us off from a main resource that need needed for many more ages...please think about it.. It doesnt make sense and it doesnt follow the logic from previous era.

Allow all special goods (Mars Credits and whatever the next age credits) to carry fwd to SAAB and upcoming ages and allow mining from c-map. please

iPenguinPat

Squire
New GB seems decent enough to build. It will dramatically speed up research through AF/OF which is a mechanic/improvement that was really needed. That AF/OF bottleneck was/is a major issue for players/guilds trying to compete in GvG (AA in particular, of course). The idea to replace rogues with prev age goods is majorly on point. Excellent suggestion!

Any discussion on the units? Have players in SAAB had a chance to test to see how they actually perform under fire? How much rubble is there on the SAAB map? It almost seems like the dev intentionally made the units in SAAB weak enough that SAM units would remain relevant and legitimate (thus making the mars ore crisis more manageable). Will this be more like Monks in VF (where the buff was too little too late)?

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I have forwarded on your feedback regarding Mars Ore, but please remember it is still relatively early into testing and as with all feedback, you would not expect to see any kind of changes (if any are made) less than a week into feedback. Whilst Forum feedback is always forthcoming and we gather your feedback quickly here, it is not our only source of feedback. I can assure you I have passed on feedback received so far and I continue to do so fully.