• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

.RSS.

Farmer

Yes, but the point is how much is every negotiation. I considered the cheapest ones.
If you start negotiating what you can everyday you may end up spending for the expensive negotiation. And this would mean even more than 150 goods per day.. just for what? recollect some of em? or maybe a bunch of pf? You better sell goods for FP..

Space Carrier is designed so you get something back when you would have negotiated anyway. If you want to farm negotiations then on the easiest negotiation use coins and supplies only. Abort and redo if you find it asks for goods on the third turn.

It may be, but it doesn't have sense. For example you do not need to negotiate the first level in expeditions. You may need to do it on the 4th level (in this case on Tuesday when GBG is not there yet, you may want to negotiate not to lose this GB Bonus. And it would mean you would negotiate what you normally don't).
You do not spend tons of FP just to use this GE once on a while. Besides it is even more expensive than H.Castle or Virgo.
I understand the intention, but not how it was designed.
Virgo had a small impact in game for such a dedicated purpouse (few tries, when you are up to the limit attrition in GBG). Not so many people have it, use it, but it is still a strategical GB. You fight a little bit more over your limit. This Space carreer is just not a pay back GB.

In addition: I do fight up to 64th battle in expedition, not 1 negotiation, and if we do not meet harrassing guilds in GBG, we do not negotiate anything at all but we just fight with siege camp. For me is useful exactly like Colosseum.

Emberguard

Emperor
In addition: I do fight up to 64th battle in expedition, not 1 negotiation, and if we do not meet harassing guilds in GBG, we do not negotiate anything at all but we just fight with siege camp. For me is useful exactly like Colosseum.
Ok. So for a non-negotiator what would make it worth using then?

Piotr015

Squire
In addition: I do fight up to 64th battle in expedition, not 1 negotiation, and if we do not meet harrassing guilds in GBG, we do not negotiate anything at all but we just fight with siege camp. For me is useful exactly like Colosseum.
There are people who don't fight at all, and Himeji still can be useful for them because of supplies. That's why Carrier has 2nd bonus. Not every GB is useful for everyone, some love their Seed Vault on level 60, others don't build it at all :)

Mars Ore... well: I've read many good points on this, pretty much all of them my own which almost never happens with any topic.
At this point, dear game designers, you'll see: we won't take no for an answer regarding this, it will have to be reworked in some kind of way.

But let me make a couple of points of my own and partly reiterate:

There is no sensible reason for the synthesized Ore to be produced at this low rate. Besides it seeming rather bone-headed to potentially have to tear down a qurter of one's city to have 30 synthesizers running for 6 months to attone for not having stocked up tens of thousands of units, it's not as if Mars access has been blocked anyway, because we do keep having access to the Martian deposits for Earth-based synthesizing of Mars goods, and unless the Mars independence was a hostile takeover (which is wasn't because all sectors remain green and we all celebrated the independence), we retain all planetary access while, of course, the colony is now self-governed so we can't build in their city now: logical.

So IF planetary access had heen diminished to a point where we can use the Martian deposits but can't explore the sites anymore, the Matians would take over exploration and trade with us, no? So we do keep access to Martian soil an thus, in a way, have the deposit for Martian Ore.
But: Why, at the point of having found a way to synthesize a good=material, would we need any access to a deposit or any base materials? If you really synthesized brass in the full meaning, you wouldn't need any copper now, would you? Same way as we toady can synthesize gas for cars without ever having drilled a single hole into the earth.

And if we take consistency into account, look at the other sources of special goods: The harbor and the terminal both easily make 100 units daily outside of the city grounds. Sure, they cost quite a few goods but those are tradable. Now for this to match, we'd have to put up 25 of these hens who lay four golden eggs a day and need broad ways which all in all takes more space if we were to put the Arctic harbor and the Terminal in our city now, only to toil away months on end?

Guys, I know you employ people leaned in the ways of psychology, whoever thought this would be a good idea suuurely was feverish with the Wu flu, no?
We all know, some toil has to be built in the game, but not like this! At least give us, say, the normal Earth rate with deposit, because we, as I showed, should have access to it, be it passive or active; it would be bad enough to whip up 20-some k for AB and Venus with 20/d per synth. You can always increase production cost or make it need other (additional) stuff.
Or how about amking the exploration sites available but now, the peaceful way is mandatory and cost for negotiations are ALL possible Earth-based goods, you know, as a way to show the ongoing trade between the the planets, surely the former colony retains a desire for many goods they do not produce themselves?

In the end, we should be able to produce a reasonable amount of Mars Ore in a sensible way. As it stands now, a lot of players have and will put themselves in what feels like a dead end with the exit door behind us slammed shut; we can dig ourselves out, sure, but only through the use of teaspoons. This cannot be in anyone's interest, can it?

DeletedUser5097

That's exactly why I have so much of it. I have a high level Chateau so I have no need to produce goods, I have nearly 30k of each SAM good without ever producing SAM goods in the colony. I was only interested in the ore for the battles.

This is a problem that is ticking off a lot of people on Beta and will tick off even more on live. I do agree that some people may leave the game bc of it especially if they entered SAAB without realizing what would happen to the mars ore on the map. It does have a simple solution. Credits aren't Mars credits they are space age credits. Those credits transfer to SAAB and any other space age era. Then reopen the Mars ore on the campaign map. That will solve all of these problems.
I strongly agreed. If they either solve the bug causing Mars ore from goods building to be this low or/and keeping Mars ore on the cmap open I definitely would go to SAAB.

I rather feel Inno has 2-3 chooses:
Ignore the feedback from Mars ore and poor units design and getting huge lash back, probably from Mars ore

Solve the bug causing the goods-buildings producing so little

Solving the problem and keeping Mars ore on the cmap open. As there was no prior warning for closing this at all. Only an prior warning for the colony. It simple doesn’t make sense to just brush it off with “you are not there anymore so it doesn’t makes sense you still can obtain Mars ore” well you are not in the Arctic not in the depths of the ocean but you still can send an crew. So why would be sending your army to Mars or traders any different? Also according to the lore of the game there is still an human settlement up and running just fine

DeletedUser8707

There are people who don't fight at all, and Himeji still can be useful for them because of supplies. That's why Carrier has 2nd bonus. Not every GB is useful for everyone, some love their Seed Vault on level 60, others don't build it at all :)
Yes, but the point is how much is every negotiation. I considered the cheapest ones.
If you start negotiating what you can everyday you may end up spending for the expensive negotiation. And this would mean even more than 150 goods per day.. just for what? recollect some of em? or maybe a bunch of pf? You better sell goods for FP..

It may be, but it doesn't have sense. For example you do not need to negotiate the first level in expeditions. You may need to do it on the 4th level (in this case on Tuesday when GBG is not there yet, you may want to negotiate not to lose this GB Bonus. And it would mean you would negotiate what you normally don't).
You do not spend tons of FP just to use this GE once on a while. Besides it is even more expensive than H.Castle or Virgo.
I understand the intention, but not how it was designed.
Virgo had a small impact in game for such a dedicated purpouse (few tries, when you are up to the limit attrition in GBG). Not so many people have it, use it, but it is still a strategical GB. You fight a little bit more over your limit. This Space carreer is just not a pay back GB.

Well, it looks like we got GBs lined up

+ Colosseum, Virgo, space carrier

, Colosseum is pretty (much useless)
, Virgo is Space age Colosseum
, Space Carrier helps with Forge of Merchants -game (which game I dont play too much) :rolleyes:

Space Carrier 2nd. boost (Special Goods) may cut one year grind down just 2 to 4 months but even then GB supports game I dont play too much...

, anyway - It is great that negotiators have own GB now.

Hopefully alll game fights and negotiations count for GBs because else it became "multigrind" like we had on St Patrick event, lolz

A warning when entering SAAB, that mars ore is needed for research i SAAB and that production on the map will cease when enterign SAAB, would make a significant difference

DeletedUser6860

My suggestions: these SA:AB units are worthless and useless; if they don't get buff from ongoing changelog; the strongest SA:AB unit will be nail storm.
Shredder is needed to add "Stealth on plains" or increase unit bonuses vs ranged units from 300 to 600 to better allow and survive many shots from Nail Storms, also the Shredder is needed to give very high defensive terrain bonuses on plains. Nail storm's skill is needed to replace from "Stealth in Rubble" to "Dug-in" (+100 defense bonus). Also the Shredder is needed to be the newest hover tank, while the Nail storm would be the newest anti-materiel sniper. Drill Ranger I will replace them from Contact! to Heat (50% reduction damage) and sometimes increase boost vs heavy and fast units. Hover Hammer is needed to increase movement speed from 28 to 30 and increase boost from ranged units from 300 to 600 to better allow and survive many shots from Nail Storms.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6860

How much initiative have these SA:AB units?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is too much complaining about the lack of mars ore. You had the choice to jump to SAAB or stay in SAM! You CHOSE to jump to SAAB before you knew all the details, bad decision. You decided to stop making mars ore because YOU thought it would not be needed. Bad choice. Never stop making products, whether needed or not. We NEVER know what will be needed in the next age. If you have been in SAM for a while, you had the chance to make enough mars ore. If you nave only been in SAM a short time, maybe you should have stayed longer. People are mad because it will take a long time to make enough mars ore and they can not complete SAAB in 2 weeks. It will be a year before the next one comes out, so what is the problem? This game does require some thought and planning!

CrashBoom

Legend

DeletedUser5097

Shredder is needed to add "Stealth on plains" or increase unit bonuses vs ranged units
Rather force field as force field would increase survivle options much better. Look to the steel wardens
for example.
There is too much complaining about the lack of mars ore. You had the choice to jump to SAAB or stay in SAM! You CHOSE to jump to SAAB before you knew all the details, bad decision. You decided to stop making mars ore because YOU thought it would not be needed. Bad choice. Never stop making products, whether needed or not. We NEVER know what will be needed in the next age. If you have been in SAM for a while, you had the chance to make enough mars ore. If you nave only been in SAM a short time, maybe you should have stayed longer. People are mad because it will take a long time to make enough mars ore and they can not complete SAAB in 2 weeks. It will be a year before the next one comes out, so what is the problem? This game does require some thought and planning!
Complains are not because of ''bad preperations'' or ''lack of preperations'' it's about the lack of logical game
ballance and design. It's no big deal when you need maybe up to 4-5 month's to get the needed ore from
0 stockpiles but it is an huge problem if you have to dedicate your entire city for achieving this goal for so
long. It also doesn't makes any sense what so ever. Complains are valid as this age as it is now is broken,
unballanced and devoided from logic

DeletedUser5097

Good joke but tomorrow is April foolsday. The cmap can not be used for ore in SAAB. If you are going an age up
it still should be possible to produce the needed ressources in ammounts that makes sense with the requiered
ammount of goods

DeletedUser5097

Basicly you are telling that just because you have huge stockpiles, the game shouldn't function correct
and logical? Than calling logic an ''assumption..?'' Please correct me if I understand you wrong

Whether I have stockpile or not, does not change anything. How do you know how the game should function, you are not the developer! We know how YOU want the game to function. People always want to blame others for their failings, "it is never my fault". It will be a year before the next era comes out, so you cannot complete SAAB in 2 weeks! so what! Enjoy the journey. Plan better next time. I would advise to stockpile asteroid ice, it will probably be required in the next era.