• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If you have 27...than you are doing something wrong?! :rolleyes: [and playing the wrong game ]

I expected A "more" mature answer.

I had 30. Reduced to 24 later in mars in order to fit a few more barracks.

I used them because
a) seeing the supply proliferation in mars tree I needed enough to clear the tech tree there
b) I wanted to save up enough supplies to be ready for the next age if it involved another big jump.
c) i used them for the 1 hr quest for a while. not everyone can get all the spend FP quests they want. They were probably worth 60 or so quests a day to me.

I usually try to maintain about that much space availability for flexible use anyways (i.e. either non-event buildings that i can destroy and rebuild or event buildings I don't care about that I can ditch if I need the space back). If you don't well that was your choice, but you can always break out some store buildings and make space.

The one thing I'd like to recall when it comes to potentially "needing" many mars ore synthesizers is the people that yelled so loud to get the population taken away from abandoned asylum - damn you!

qaccy

Emperor
The one thing I'd like to recall when it comes to potentially "needing" many mars ore synthesizers is the people that yelled so loud to get the population taken away from abandoned asylum - damn you!

I was one of those people. :p In my defense, I did it based on what made sense to me personally - I'd like to only see population attached to buildings that actually look livable. So things like an 'abandoned' asylum (and the Colossus) don't fit that definition for me. Of course, I don't think Inno considers that at all when they're deciding bonuses to put on event prizes, but I say something every time anyway!

Wow...going through Posts in this Thread and...man! I am seeing soooooooo many players complaining about the amount of Mars Ore needed for the SA:AB Tech Tree...I mean what were these players doing in SA:M exactly? It was possible to collect LOTS of Mars Ore, simply by going through some Fights/Negotiations, on a daily basis! Plus, you were able to get Millions of Mars Credit from your Colony, to be used to pay for Explorations on your Mars Campaign Map! Finally, whoever had a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac (as well as Buildings from the SA:M era providing Goods from Daily Collections) NEVER HAD TO PRODUCE A SINGLE SA:M Good from the Mars Colony!

I am honestly speechless...

I've been:
- Using Ore to make goods in the colony, as they're designed for
- Using goods to negotiate in GBG after I can't fight anymore, as GBG is designed
- Trading excess goods of what I have boosts for, for the goods I need to negotiate further, as the trade system and boost system is designed for
- Putting more goods buildings up in the colony whenever I get a significant excess of mars goods, to use them up

So I've been playing the game in the way that the design suggests, rather than hoarding unnecessarily, especially given the apparent uselessness of mars goods, doing everything I can with my goods to support my guild. I am going to be punished for needing to be one of the first to Asteroid Belt, to help my guild further with GVG since we hold a lot of AA territory and I have one of the largest traz's on all the US servers, so I need to start cranking out whatever the best troop is asap.
I'm fortunate that I have what's probably only a two week heads up from keeping up with beta - that two weeks will save me 6 months of using 10 3x3 buildings, I guess! and I wanted to quit the game just a few months ago over the uselessness of the mars buildings and how long it was taking to make "ceres" ... eesh... what am I doing?

I think that a good change could be. 10 per day + 1x1 roads instead of 2x2 roads. or 15 per day + 2x2 roads. if you want to make this new era difficult to investigate. otherwise, 50 per day + 1x1 roads.
Maybe the townhall could generate 50 mars ore per day, so that people who want to go faster can build a lot of the synthesizers, while others would take 200 days to complete it? That would still act as a viable slower-downer

Wilson5

Merchant
If you have 27...than you are doing something wrong?! :rolleyes: [and playing the wrong game ]

I expected A "more" mature answer.
No I am not doing anything wrong but playing brain game. I also had 264 smiths in ocean which gave 800 goods every day and 10M coins and supplies and 40k medals and so on. As you maybe know there was 3 exactly same guests active same time which gave 3x45 recurring tests/day only for those 6x26h guests. I dont prefer granny- style autofighting. With rocket platforms not so heavy production but in saab recurring quests seem to be in even bigger use if I dont begin to cry about too easy recurring quests ;).. like defeat 20 units..omg.. 100+ guests every day, Maybe those quests give mars ore.... then I will demand to remove them ;)
I expected B "more" mature answerer ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10037

I like the dessicon from Inno-Games to punish ineffecitv or inactiv players.
I see no problem with the new Mars Good-Production system.

Good players get finally an advantage not an disadvantage

With this stats i'm more then ready to balst through the new era

Attack

Goods

So i'm good prepeard for the future.

I can only hope INNO holds STRONG and don't give the MIMI here in this THREAD any CHANCE.

DeletedUser1418

Quitting FoE is comming faster and faster... such bull**** this

DeletedUser8707

I like the dessicon from Inno-Games to punish ineffecitv or inactiv players.
I see no problem with the new Mars Good-Production system.

Good players get finally an advantage not an disadvantage

With this stats i'm more then ready to balst through the new era

Attack

Goods

So i'm good prepeard for the future.

I can only hope INNO holds STRONG and don't give the MIMI here in this THREAD any CHANCE.
WELL, Inno may stand strong with you alone... (I have similar stats with our markus but I know that most dont have them.)

DeletedUser1418

SAMOverview.png

It's literally in the first paragraph. "This colony will only be used during Space Age Mars. Upon the next space age, you will not need your Mars colony anymore and instead build a new, different one".

Not only that, the first SAAB tech (which name was available for a long time) is called "Mars Goods Synthesizing". That, combined with the fact that the Mars colony would disappear once you reached the next age, should be more than enough to have an idea on what would happen with Mars goods. The only thing I agree with you is that they didn't warn about the Mars campaign map also disappear.

You dont see any warnings BEFORE you go to SAAB. Thats what I try to tell you guys all along. You need to access the colony to view this info, the last time I saw this was when i started a colony 8 months ago? Maybe more? The screenshot you show here is SAB, which can be viewed when you click the HQ on the colony.

Rakshas

Farmer
We've always known previous age special goods are required for the next age. It boggles my mind that you guys weren't saving at least 10k ore for the next age tech tree. Going from how previous ages work it was pretty easy to predict what we'd need for SAAB. If there is one thing you guys should know at this stage in the game it's to do research before aging up willy nilly. If you were unprepared you could have stayed in SAM and gathered ore pretty quickly. If you age up before you're ready that's on you.

Osserc

Merchant
We've always known previous age special goods are required for the next age.
And we've always been able to produce previous age special goods at the same rate after advancing to the next age. Removing a method of production is unprecedented.

Obviously the smart thing to do is remain in SAM until you've gathered enough Mars ore. But how much is enough? It's an unknown value. It's poor design and just not fun.

DeletedUser9801

And we've always been able to produce previous age special goods at the same rate after advancing to the next age. Removing a method of production is unprecedented.

Obviously the smart thing to do is remain in SAM until you've gathered enough Mars ore. But how much is enough? It's an unknown value. It's poor design and just not fun.
You need 11500 for all tech tree, for next age you will have the new GB who will provide you necessary Mars Ore. Don't need to build Mars ore synthesis.

CrashBoom

Legend
Can someone confirm the diamond cost per Mars ore if it were to be purchased on the research tree?
I can confirm 5 diamonds for 1 Mars Ore

20 diamonds per unit as promethium and orichalcum
wrong: Mars Ore costs 5 diamonds
it is an unrefined goods you use to produce refined goods (those cost 10 diamonds)

Prom & Ori are "rerefined": you use refined goods to get it
and for that it cots 20

We've always known previous age special goods are required for the next age. It boggles my mind that you guys weren't saving at least 10k ore for the next age tech tree. Going from how previous ages work it was pretty easy to predict what we'd need for SAAB. If there is one thing you guys should know at this stage in the game it's to do research before aging up willy nilly. If you were unprepared you could have stayed in SAM and gathered ore pretty quickly. If you age up before you're ready that's on you.

True we've always known that the prior age special goods are required for the next age. What no one knew was that it would be unavailable on the map once you leveled up. We also know how much it will be for the next age but we don't know for how many ages we will need it. I have 50k mars ore on my main world, but is that enough? It's clearly enough to get through SAAB. Likely it will be enough to get through Venus as well. But until when will I need it? At what point will I have to put down mars ore synthesizers and slowly grind out mars ore to complete a tech.

CrashBoom

Legend
don't forget
special goods now are used at least in 5 eras
(AF special good Promethium still needed. which is the first good ever that is needed 4 ages later in the tech tree)

and Mars or is needed almost 4 times in this age than in its own
if Asteroid Ice follows this pattern we will need 40k on the Venus

but no problem
InnoGames already gave the solution to us: the Space Carrier

now people complain: the special goods bonus is useless
but will they still be that opinion when the next 3 eras are released