• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

DeletedUser7203

Well I mean it'd be fine to have a wider slate of units (similar to some TE/FE units bleeding up in usefulness into AF and OF). And i think the huge SAM jump was a followup to the huge VF jump to finally retire the hover tank for good. Having finally succeeded at that perhaps they want to let things grow wider again.

But that'd mean some of the new units would have to feel genuinely exciting - especially units with very little range.

My suggestions:
Hover Hammer: Mortar! You need an impressive ability to make a range 1 unit effective against units that have range on it. I can understand being tired of dragon breath going on everything, but this unit does need something or we'll just use sentinels with slightly lower stats. This may give some incentive to at least try using these otherwise gimped fast units. I feel it also fits thematically as it's a giant flying hammer! Aftershocks can do some damage!

Shredder: Stealth on plains. It'll avoid the rocket troops being quite so dominant still and allow the slow, low range unit time to get itself into position contingent on no blast unit in battle. With range 2 it's not in any danger of becoming a new hover tank - it can't really kite anything. Can't really justify why a shredder is stealthed but it's the only thing I can imagine making a slow, low range unit viable.

BELT: Probably fine as is with the change to the shredder. Blast value could be much higher if you want it to have real value and not just be code for 'sees through stealth'.

Nail Storm and Drill Ranger I'm less sure on - they could potentially stay is with a little bit of tweaking. The drill ranger could maybe use some sort of survival skill so that it can actually fight the things it has bonuses against advantageously or dragon breath to not eat retaliation. The nail storm could be a blah unit left as is - if it has initiative over most things and rubble is common on SAAB battlefields it might be usable.

Yes, Shredder is worthless. Any long distance troop can attack and dodge for 2-3 rounds! Either add Stealth in Plains (from our old favorite Hover Tank!) or put the range back to 10!!

DeletedUser7503

It would be nice if story line quests had triggers. It always seems that quests appear that are intended for the end of the tech tree but here I am 1 day in, a few techs unlocked and beings asked if I want quests that I won't be able to do for months. How about setting triggers on the tech tree to keep these from appearing(and possibly losing forever if not done???) before a player is reasonably able to do them.

DeletedUser5097

I've questioned why on the Mars Map, Refining Ore was locked as per image: https://prnt.sc/ro14f2
Since it was previously conquered, this should remain open, so I've put out a ticket for that.
Exactly my thought aswell. Also because the same currency ''credits'' are ussed for
exploration sites. The Arctic and oceanic port also didn't close down when moving
up.

doughster

Merchant
I'm not interested in the Space Carrier if the goods produced are random as currently stated. The goods should be for the age I'm in - at least. What good are special goods accumulating over time when they have very limited and specific use? I guess if the diplomatic gifts are worthwhile I might change my mind but until then this behemoth will need to stay unbuilt.

coolyfooly

Squire
Space Carrier being 2 ages higher than that of a HC and only being able to use it 6 days of the week, I think the % should be 5% higher than HC GB. Would make it much more appealing as well. As most will be kinda turned off by the 2ndary reward.

Arwaren

Squire
Space Carrier being 2 ages higher than that of a HC and only being able to use it 6 days of the week, I think the % should be 5% higher than HC GB. Would make it much more appealing as well. As most will be kinda turned off by the 2ndary reward.
Wrong... The GBG session runs 11 days ... so this situation will be every second week. And attempts that you didn't use on that day you can use the next day.
So there is no reason to have a higher % to win a prize...

coolyfooly

Squire
Wrong... The GBG session runs 11 days ... so this situation will be every second week. And attempts that you didn't use on that day you can use the next day.
Thats not the only reason, Higher age GB, takes more expensive goods to build and more goods then any other GB, more fp to lvl. Reason why you not gonna see Colloseum give same Medals as Blue Galaxy. A bit extreme example but you get the point. Why should higher age buildings have copy past stats of lower ones anyways?

1BFA

Viceroy
I'm not interested in the Space Carrier if the goods produced are random as currently stated. The goods should be for the age I'm in - at least. What good are special goods accumulating over time when they have very limited and specific use? I guess if the diplomatic gifts are worthwhile I might change my mind but until then this behemoth will need to stay unbuilt.

Random special goods (Promethium,Orichalcum, Mars Ore, etc ) not your normal goods. And if you are not in Artic just medals.

Arwaren

Squire
Thats not the only reason, Higher age GB, takes more expensive goods to build and more goods then any other GB, more fp to lvl. Reason why you not gonna see Colloseum give same Medals as Blue Galaxy. A bit extreme example but you get the point. Why should higher age buildings have copy past stats of lower ones anyways?
Space Carrier is also smaller than Himeji Castle... (4x7=28 vs 6x6=36)... Now goods are no longer such a problem to get to build Great Building... offers special goods... Maybe this is the price why you need to pay more forge points to level up... Himeji Castle gives only supplies.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It'll be on my build eventually list for sure. My mars world will probably take it on as soon as it's convenient as it's constantly searching for new projects and this is a decent one. My TE world that's planning a trip to OF will probably try to build it before I leave TE (don't plan to stay in FE too too long) but I have other things to work on for now. My low age camper will probably be in no rush as its interest in pushing for Himeji was at least in part the bonkers amount of supplies it provides for a low age and this building does not have that pull.

Dessire

Regent
Wrong!!! In SAM and SAAB you can negotiate more than 13 times per day in the continent map to get the special good of those eras. So you can negotiate each day!. Oh wait..do you want to build it in a lower era..ooh im so sorry... finally!!! We have a great building that is designed for it's era or atleast it's era and 1 era below!!! Thank you FoE team! There were always players complaining due the possibility of build any building in iron age if in the server is atleast 1 player in the era of the great building that you want to have...

DeletedUser9801

Logic for me would be to produce Asteroid ore with Oricalc because for Oricalc we use Oceanic goods which we can produce easily from fountains and most of GB that we have in the city.

1BFA

Viceroy
This GB is useful after we finish to research all technologies? Why should we need Promethiu, Oricalcum and Mars ore after this?

GB will be great for someone who is just starting AF. For SAAB just like Promethium (4 ages ago) is still needed for Tech, you may need Mars Ore for many more ages and if we cannot mine mars ore after reaching SAAB easy way to get it will be from this GB.