• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

CrashBoom

Legend
at least the goods building on the asteroid are very effective
30(4h)/60(8h)/120(24h)/180(48h) goods

twice as good as the ones on mars
which were already 3 times as good as the ones on earth

but don't produce too much goods
you don't know how much Asteroid Ice you need in the next age (besides the 11k you need in this age) :eek:

DeletedUser1418

I get SAM goods from event buildings from that era. What the hell are you getting from them?

Daily Production on Mars Colony. You can get SAM goods thru Event buildings too, but in many cases they are upgraded to current age.

Arwaren

Squire
Normal goods like,

+ Marble, Dye, Wine, Stone etc.

, these are not problem because you may traded them, BUY them...

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Goods#Special_Goods are different story,

AgeSpecial GoodAvailability
AF Promethium PromethiumArctic Harbor
OF Orichalcum OrichalcumOceanic Terminal
SAM Mars Ore Mars OreMars Exploration Sites
SAAB Asteroid Ice Asteroid IceAsteroid Exploration Sites
Yes... So...
Maybe we should ask developers to reduce the cost of special goods from the previous ages in the tech tree, especially where the continent map closed.

DeletedUser9851

Wow...going through Posts in this Thread and...man! I am seeing soooooooo many players complaining about the amount of Mars Ore needed for the SA:AB Tech Tree...I mean what were these players doing in SA:M exactly? It was possible to collect LOTS of Mars Ore, simply by going through some Fights/Negotiations, on a daily basis! Plus, you were able to get Millions of Mars Credit from your Colony, to be used to pay for Explorations on your Mars Campaign Map! Finally, whoever had a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac (as well as Buildings from the SA:M era providing Goods from Daily Collections) NEVER HAD TO PRODUCE A SINGLE SA:M Good from the Mars Colony!

I am honestly speechless...

DeletedUser8899

The problem is not for players who reached SAM 10 month ago, but for players who reach SAM now !
I expect this SAAB on live since 6 months, but on beta I have to collect 3000 goods to finish my tech tree...

When I'll finish it, I'll be at 250 of each goods and 900 mars ore, just some mars event building in my city and no renovation kit.

Indeed there are no problem for old player, but it's a nightmare to see the cost of SAAB tech tree for all player still in lower era.

CrashBoom

Legend
players used the mars ore to produce mars goods because they thought Mars Ore isn't needed anymore

and I am just wondering why in the hell does InnoGames give us goods buildings on the asteroid which can produce 6x the goods of normal goods buildings
players can't even use them

why ?
because
a) first they need 11k of the asteroid ice on the tech tree.
b) they don't know how much they need later

InnoGames please do the math properly
the tech tree needs 11k ice and 50k SAAB goods
SAAB goods are produced at a 1:2 rate (ice:goods)
so players who would really produce the goods would need 36k asteroid ice

and then they most likely need 10+k Ice in the next eras tech tree

When I'll finish it, I'll be at 250 of each goods and 900 mars ore,
bad news:
currently the only strategy for you is: stay in Space Age Mars until have 2750 of each normal Mars good and 11500 Mars Ore

but interesting question: how will you produce 2500 of each good (get the goods with no boost from trades against produced good) when you can't use the Mars Ore in the colony because you must collect it

Last edited:

Luke Stark

Marquis
could someone please make a screenshot of production building for synthesizing mars good? am wondering what are the costs and if we need to use mars ore there too :)

DeletedUser8707

omg use your brain.

players used the mars ore to produce mars goods because they thought Mars Ore isn't needed anymore

and I am just wondering why in the hell does InnoGames give us goods buildings on the asteroid which can produce 6x the goods of normal goods buildings
players can't even use them

why ?
because
a) first they need 11k of the asteroid ice on the tech tree.
b) they don't know how much they need later

InnoGames please do the math properly
the tech tree needs 11k ice and 50k SAAB goods
SAAB goods are produced at a 1:2 rate (ice:goods)
so players who would really produce the goods would need 36k asteroid ice

and then they most likely need 10+k Ice in the next eras tech tree

bad news:
currently the only strategy for you is: stay in Space Age Mars until have 2750 of each normal Mars good and 11500 Mars Ore

but interesting question: how will you produce 2500 of each good (get the goods with no boost from trades against produced good) when you can't use the Mars Ore in the colony because you must collect it

How much Mars ore you really need for NEXT upcoming ages if inno changes mechanics AND how much Asteroid Ice you need ....

Easy FIX is make Special Goods -buildings production higher so it equals AF and OF Special goods production from harbor and terminals...

AgeSpecial GoodAvailability
AF Promethium PromethiumArctic Harbor (open)
OF Orichalcum OrichalcumOceanic Terminal (open)
SAM Mars Ore Mars OreMars Exploration Sites (closed after move up ages??)
SAAB Asteroid Ice Asteroid IceAsteroid Exploration Sites (closed after move up ages??)

ps. Still this kind game mechanic change feels uneasy, but Artic and Oceanic was long grind anyway...

From the complaints here a solution to all of this would be to leave the map open. Then you run into the credit problem but that too has a simple solution that you only need one type of credit in space age. So then you move up with the credits from mars into SAAB and leave the map open just like the Arctic Harbor is still open and the Oceanic Terminal is still open. This would resolve the complaints but the developers already made the Mars Ore synthesizer, can they change their mind on that bit of development to make the players happy. And I'm saying this as someone who has a large amount of Mars Ore in the bank so if it isn't changed it likely will have little affect on me.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
They seem to be adding negotiations in recurring quests though, which should be really nice for the new GB.

Dessire

Regent
ideas for the 2nd great building of this era:

-every X amount of forge point spent, you get FPs in your inventory. (example: if you spend 1000 FP you get 50 FP or 100 FP)
-when one of your units dies in combat, there is a probability to get it back with 1HP , at the end of the fight, that unit is lost forever.
-whe one of your units attacks, there is a probability to atack again with that unit (double turn for that unit)
-when you negotiate, there is a probability to get back all the spent goods.
-when one of your buildings is motivated, it get a star level 1. the building can be motivated 2 more times, with a star level 2, you get 1,5 times it's original production and at lvl 3, 2 times its original production. this GB also motivate X number of buildings per day. the number increase at higher levels too.
-open the GB, go to it's 3rd label and select a friend. once per day, you get the same amount of goods that your friend collected from his/her city. the goods are from the era of your friend.
-whenever you level up one of your great buildings, there is a probability to get X% of the first place reward.

DeletedUser8707

Some of these seem very easy to exploit, are there any limitations on them?
Some recurring quests are too easy to complete - still I dont call it exploit if quest are too easy...(I think 12, 8 and 3.jpg are too easy to repeat) ;)

, other recurrings looks normal.... if there is two "feed FPs" quest then it much easier get goods done with chateau.

CHECK this for Mars Special Goods -production, https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/increase-mars-ore-production-rate.12756/

Last edited by a moderator: