• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2020

The ranking certainly was confusing, I hope the new update improves that.
Also, I am finding the tournaments unbalanced. I find myself against a team of level 4 or 5 player then the next game (in the same category) I am facing level 9 or 10 players. I have played several matches were my chance of victory is stated as 75% (or thereabouts) and lost! 3 times!

Umbrathor

Baronet
We've passed on the feedback that players would like more clarity and visibility on the outcome of a match before you choose to play it. Currently, this information isn't publicly available so we can't give you the explanation you'd like. But we are listening to your feedback.

Now that you've had a chance to play the Event, can I ask for your feedback on what we could do better in the initial announcement? Some early requests were for tutorial videos. What was clear enough and what is essential to add whilst still keeping the length of the announcement acceptable?

How are you finding the upgrades to the Winner's Plaza and Hall of Fame?
Clarity about the expected ranking result for matches is a welcome improvent. However, if the current ranking system is not changed, the outcomes will still be illogical. The only difference is that we will see it in advance, with the option to chose a different match. A more logical ranking system seems like the best solution. Clarity is always welcome though.

I was one of those who asked for a tutorial video, and gave feedback on the points I felt it needed to address, so I will not repeat that now.

Winner's Plaza: seems on par with the Checkmate, and therefore quite good.

Hall of Fame: obsolete, even at lvl 2. For several reasons:
  1. Guild power is hardly relevant any more, as the rewards guild levels give have suffered greatly from inflation.
  2. If you do value guild power, there are many other ways to get it, these days. The contribution a HoF makes just isn't that relevant any more.
  3. A building that gives guild power to get extra fp's from City Hall over time? Pfft. On that 3x3 you can place a host of buildings that will give you several fp's per day right now.
  4. Statue of Honor is a much better option. While they should not be compared since the ways to get them are completely different, and the SoH is hard to acquire for players in small or easy going guilds, a comparison is inevitable. And the HoF simply doesn't come close to comparing to the SoH.
It is hardly possible to improve HoF without changing the concept of the building. Such as giving a % bonus on acquired guild power, some fp's or another type of boost. But then it no longer is a HoF.

Dessire

Regent
As a free to play player, how many DS can you expect to get at the middle of the event and at the end of it? Somebody knows? Thank you n.n

DeletedUser7624

As a free to play player, how many DS can you expect to get at the middle of the event and at the end of it? Somebody knows? Thank you n.n
So far I've spent just about 2k drinks, that gave me 2 full training fields, got 3 daily special, rest drinks I am saving

DeletedUser5097

In the mean time please continue to give your feedback on the other aspects of the event.
Okay, chances for winning daily special is too low, IMO. Also the chance to get
both main event buildings maxed out is a bit low.
The removal of couches or lack of them is a huge missed opportunity. I would love
to see them returning and I believe many would. Because it gives you an choose to
make tactical/strategical decisions. Either go for more yards, more chances for daily
special, or increased chances for player cards (suggestion), or a slight bonus on
the outcome of competition games, or increase of chance for double prize rewards.
I've forgotten most of the possible benefits to choose from. But at least those could
give some strategic input

LastWarrior

Regent
OK the free tickets need to be given out every 4 hours and the bar upped to holding at least 10 of them imho.
The upgrades to the plaza ok but we all got rid of those a long time ago, the HoF, Great we have many bring those on.
Nobody can get the points for winning? why not make them standard same for a win so we know where we are.
I think the whole idea is great and with a few tweaks should go down well once the cost of playing with diamonds is lowered some.
Great event thx
Warrior

I would like to give my feedback on the Hall of fame as I have 16 in my main world.
Some of them have been in my city since the middle ages (I'm in asteroid belt) and I've been using Renovation kits on them in almost each era. 3 of my guild mates are in the same position as me with 16, 16 & 19 HoF
In my guild we started making them mandatory (in 2015 I think) for every player because it was the "easiest" way to level up our guild level. We played GvG at the very beginning but didn't work out, so we didn't have any other way to get guild power...

Since the guild battlegrounds came up, we've been thinking in removing them all, even with the level 2 update, is not good enough to use that 3x3 just for guild power.
Right now I'm getting 9920 daily from my 16 HoF (144 tiles) If I update them all to level 2 (Probably it would take me more than a year) I would be getting 17280. Seems a lot to be honest, but is just that, guild power, nothing else...
But if instead of those HoF I had checkmates or winner's plaza level 2, I could have an extra 176-208 % more attack which it might push us into a higher level in the GB, and we would get more guild power from it, plus all the extra rewards from winning battles.

So if we compare them with SoH, HoF is almost useless... SoH is good for your guild, your guild's treasure and yourself (FP) and HoF just good for your guild...

I was thinking this level 2 update would give us FP, Goods or something else, but just improving the guild power you get from it, it's just wrong, not worth the hard work into getting them upgraded for what it is...

I hope inno reconsider this building's update

From a Hall of Fame fan since 2015.
Fortruquedon

Please, don't make me sell them all... :(

It is a complex Event that requires a great work from the producers! It looks a bit "messy" at the beginning, but with a little touch (Messi) could be brilliant! Big Event Building with the possibility of getting it larger! Enjoyable time watching the chariot races =D

Find a way to explain the instructions (a nice video of yours) of the game and will be interesting for every FOE player!

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
One of the problems I'm currently seeing with the event is that there is every benefit to wait, and no benefit to starting early. The longer you wait to begin doing tournaments, the more inflated points you can get, and to do this you wait to start quests because they give you tournament card things. Additionally, since higher level players have a higher chance of doubling the rewards, on live servers I, at least, will be waiting for the second time a daily special appears so that my % chance of doubling it is increased.

I just don't see any reason to start early, and that kind of annoys me.

DeletedUser10244

<quote>We will adjust the way the Ranking Points are calculated, improving the influence of your opponent's team power. Essentially meaning that defeating a hard opponent will give you a higher amount of Ranking Points. Because this change influences the way the rankings are calculated we will reset the tournament rankings of all players to 0 to start off with a clean slate. But before we reset the scores we will hand out the League Table rewards and the top 10 rewards to all the players depending on their final rank at 10:30 am on Friday. We will still hand out these rewards at the end of the Soccer Cup Event as well, meaning that very active players have the chance to get the rewards twice.
</quote>
How about handing all the rewards for gold, silver and bronze as well. Thats the event we played.
The new mechanism cant be tested on beta enough, has to be tested live

Dont make fun of us, the very active players are not the very active, but the lucky ones to win a match against the right opponent in the last 5 minutes...

coolyfooly

Squire
How it is now does it not make you not want to buy cards with diamonds? For example if I bought a ton of cards with diamonds wont i be vs the higher lvl players and have a lower chance at winning?
When I bought cards i was vs the top 3 players and had a low chance at winning but once i waited and stopping buying cards so they went ahead of me i now have a higher chance at winning by not buying cards.

DeletedUser9277

Should have stuck to the simple straight forward format will pass when it goes live

DeletedUser9619

How are you finding the upgrades to the Winner's Plaza and Hall of Fame?

WP seems fine.
HoFs would be much more desirable if maybe ability to earn some prestige points for your guild could be attached to the second level.

Borowski

Squire
Shouldn't the text say "...to Sphendone or Carceres"? You won't get the bonus twice if it is conneted to both of them ;)

o6BYoQK.png