• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2020

I have 252000 points in the tournament and i just won a hard match receiving +52 points. My opponent had 350000 points. It does not make sense...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Ok, kudos to Inno for trying to rework league play. However, IMHO the tournament approach is a failure. After the first day it’s clear that diamond players gain a rapid, and ridiculously out of proportion advantage not just in the final reward, but in the ability to get daily rewards.

In past league play, the ‘formal’ advantage for gold players was mostly a nice bump up from the silver reward, often with a unique avatar as a bonus. Totally reasonable. Inno is a for-profit business model, and that’s sensible incentive for diamond spenders. Silver status could be won, with some luck, without diamonds; but in almost all cases getting silver needed at most a fairly small amount of extra diamonds; and these could be won during game play. Again, a fair reward for good strategies, and doable for F2P folks who can win diamonds from gameplay (WWs, GE, etc.). Bronze obtainable if you made a good attempt and/or had near-daily log-ins, and probably motivating for new players.

This tournament uses a different, and frankly de-motivating, dynamic. It instantly allows diamond players, from day 1, to buy a much greater daily % chance to win goods, coins and the DS, sas they pay cash to buy unbeatable teams packed with high-level players. While use of coaches in past events was a step towards this, it was a pretty small ask, affordable for most players, hat improved the chance for a DS only for a set time limt. And even if you used coaches every day, it was not a cumuulative impact; each subsequet use of a coach gave you the exact same advantage. Here, the advantage on day one gained means getting a largely unbeatable team, which has no relationship to any effort to work on using a good strategy.

This tournament makes it clear that if you won’t/can’t spend diamonds, you will be stuck in a second tier of mediocre rewards, and that Diamond whales are the priority for customer satisfaction.

In the midst of a global recession, this seems a poor way to reward player loyalty. If it does not change, I will spend very little effort or time (and no $) on this event when it goes live.

Andi47

Overlord
Seems when not spending BOATLOADS of diamonds, one has no chance to win other than the easy matches. HOW MANY diamonds have people spent to have 300k or even 500k (HALF A MILLION) points out of matches????

Umbrathor

Baronet
Seems when not spending BOATLOADS of diamonds, one has no chance to win other than the easy matches. HOW MANY diamonds have people spent to have 300k or even 500k (HALF A MILLION) points out of matches????
@anyempire and @Andi47: it definitely is possible to win from the players with the top teams. The lowest win chance you seem to get is just about 25% (though probably goes to about 10%, I just haven't heard reports of a chance that low) and the highest chance (very good team against a low team) around 90%. So there is always a chance to win or lose. Winning a high match gets you so many points that you are catapulted upwards. In one match, I got from halfway amateur to halfway silver. That is two full leagues up. On one win.

Personally, I think that the system is broken when buying a really good team does NOT get you an advantage. Which seems to be the case.

You both seem to plead that it should not be possible to win a high place just by spending diamonds. That goes against the logic of the game.At least partly.

In my opinion, skill should be the deciding factor and spending diamonds should get one an advantage - not quite a guaranteed win. Skill and diamonds together though: sure.

Sinitar

Regent
ahahahhahahha last evening I was 5th with 355k points and the others half milion;today at this moment they have now 1 milion and half and I ask me how many diamonds have spended for reach this points

Bella

Inhouse Community Manager
@Dudettas could you confirm if my lvl of football cards have any influence in training mode and if Yes than please specify! Thank you!
To quote from the announcement:
The higher level your player is, the higher your chance is to get double the rewards. You can see the double reward chance on the player cards of each player.

Also besides the level, you will only see the options of the player cards you already have on the training ground. So if you don't have a player card yet, you won't see that player on the training arena and won't be able to pass the ball to them.

Bella

Inhouse Community Manager
Do you know if same %chance working in tournament mode please?
Pretty sure this chance only applies for training.

The player cards double % chance is only for the training rewards, on the "my team" window you can see what their exact rewards are, and at what double chance you are.

The levels of your cards do however influence how strong your team is in the tournament arena. A stronger team has a higher chance to win :)

(Sorry for the double post)

DeletedUser7624

The playe rcards double % chance is only for the training rewards, on the "my team" window you can see what their exact rewards are, and at what double chance you are.

The levels of your cards do however influence how strong your team is in the tournament arena. A stronger team has a higher chance to win :)

(Sorry for the double post)
1k likes for 100% guaranteed clear answer! Tell your colleagues that this is how you should do announcements! Absolutely clear with examples not vague like before

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Ok, kudos to Inno for trying to rework league play. However, IMHO the tournament approach is a failure. After the first day it’s clear that diamond players gain a rapid, and ridiculously out of proportion advantage not just in the final reward, but in the ability to get daily rewards.

In past league play, the ‘formal’ advantage for gold players was mostly a nice bump up from the silver reward, often with a unique avatar as a bonus. Totally reasonable. Inno is a for-profit business model, and that’s sensible incentive for diamond spenders. Silver status could be won, with some luck, without diamonds; but in almost all cases getting silver needed at most a fairly small amount of extra diamonds; and these could be won during game play. Again, a fair reward for good strategies, and doable for F2P folks who can win diamonds from gameplay (WWs, GE, etc.). Bronze obtainable if you made a good attempt and/or had near-daily log-ins, and probably motivating for new players.

This tournament uses a different, and frankly de-motivating, dynamic. It instantly allows diamond players, from day 1, to buy a much greater daily % chance to win goods, coins and the DS, sas they pay cash to buy unbeatable teams packed with high-level players. While use of coaches in past events was a step towards this, it was a pretty small ask, affordable for most players, hat improved the chance for a DS only for a set time limt. And even if you used coaches every day, it was not a cumuulative impact; each subsequet use of a coach gave you the exact same advantage. Here, the advantage on day one gained means getting a largely unbeatable team, which has no relationship to any effort to work on using a good strategy.

This tournament makes it clear that if you won’t/can’t spend diamonds, you will be stuck in a second tier of mediocre rewards, and that Diamond whales are the priority for customer satisfaction.

In the midst of a global recession, this seems a poor way to reward player loyalty. If it does not change, I will spend very little effort or time (and no $) on this event when it goes live.
I have to disagree - spending diamonds is absolutely no guarantee of success. I have spent several thousand diamonds just trying to understand how the whole thing works. I am currently nearly 2 million ranking points behind the leader - lol. What is worse is that I still can't figure it out. The rewards have been very inconsistent and I can not identify a pattern. Whilst low and middle teams have always yielded very low rewards, the highest team results seem somewhat random. Initially I thought that the reward was based on points difference but that now seems disproven, having beaten teams with massively more points than me yet still only receiving a token amount of points in return.
My largest concern is the famous Inno random chance factors which was so prevalent in the old carnival event. Despite being advised of a chance of success of over 40%, I have endured protracted losing runs of up to 20 consecutive losses before giving up. This fundamentally is wrong however, from past experience, I hold no hope that Inno will change it.
My conclusion is that the final outcome is based solely on luck. There is no skill or strategy involved - it is pure luck. I will concentrate only on daily specials that I want and forget the rest. The one certain thing is that I will never spend real money on the live servers on an event where I have so little opportunity to affect the outcome.

@Thunderbummy, you're right that spending diamonds doesn't give anything more but not about the level of the teams. I've found myself in Gold League this morning without any diamond, thanks to one medium-hard match that's given me more than 200,000 points.

I think the gain seems to be mostly related to the ranking points of the player you beat.

Luke Stark

Marquis
ok so I spend 1250 diamonds on the biggest pack of cards, got some cards from the event. My best player has now lvl 10, which gives 2% chance of doubling the reward...this is WAAAY MORE expensive then the trainer option last year and WAAAY LESS effective....don't want to think how much diamonds you need to spend to get reasonable amount of % for the double reward on most of the players, since they keep on changing in the field....this is, in my opinion, totally not worth spending diamonds, guess it will be used only by the diamond spenders with huge pockets...

I employ you to listen to reason and give us last year event as it was. All this new stuff should be way more "normal player" friendly and not focused clearly on the biggest spenders on the server. The mechanics of the tournament also leave a lot to think about as from my own experience and the players here.

I thought st patrick day event was the worst until now but inno changed my mind with this one...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
My conclusion is that the final outcome is based solely on luck. There is no skill or strategy involved - it is pure luck. I
I fully agree. Which means it alternates between frustrating and boring. Won't bother with it on live unless it has some significant changes, which seem highly unlikely. It's a shame.

DeletedUser5097

My complains:

> Too low chances for daily specials
> No upgrade in chances for daily specials with better players
> Inconsistence match rewards
> Confusing system for match rewards
> Lack of information of potential rewards for matches, I want to know whatever I might win instead of gamble en estimate what will bring the best result
> The couches of the super ball event are missing

DeletedUser7624

Yesterday I had about 250k points in championship. Did not play 26 hours and got 3 tickets. Luckily I won 2 out 3 and got 2 million points and that trowed me from 300+ position to top 6. Now I will not play another 24+ hours, will go down to 300-500+ position and than "come back" again. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Viceroy
I am curious. Can someone please tell me what were the rewards when the "hall of fame" was introduced for the first time (before they downgrade it)?
I believe that FoE is wasting an opportunity to make something good for the players. Today special is the upgrade, I do not have that building, and I do not see myself getting one.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Okay, I guess that by robbing stage coaches (low based tourney players), I won't get very much to move on up that the only way to get somewhere is to hit the banks and empires and pray for a bit of luck for the win. Heh heh.