• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Shah Jahan Historical Questline

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

It could have been good. The options for scouting a province or technology were promising, but Quest 12 is the death blow for me. Don´t you understand that there is no difference between scouting and gaining control if it comes to gameplay.

Agreed, I'm in the beginning of CA on beta but already on Indy map, so this would be tough to complete if not impossible.. An alternative of equal difficulty would be great. If it has to be with fighting - maybe defeat 10 neighbors? (there was already an alternative about GE, that's why suggesting neighbors).

As stated in the announcement for this reflections thread:

→ We're gradually rolling out these changes for conditions - you'll probably see one or two conditions you haven't seen before in coming questlines.

It's not practical to release every possible new quest condition in one event or questline, so they will be released a few at a time. Some of the new conditions are very welcome changes, and there should be more alternatives in the future.

DeletedUser3741

Has anyone actually seen the production of the Hedge Maze yet or is everyone just making the assumption that it is identical to the Wishing Well / Fountain of Youth but on a 12 hour cycle rather than 24?

The productions are exactly the same with Wishing Well / Fountain of Youth.
Based the exist stats and the size of the Maze Vs WW/Fountains , will be one more weak "Special event" reward will be end to collecting dust in inventory soon

Irella

Merchant
Bonsoir

Je trouve que les récompenses pour cet événement sont les plus faibles que j'ai reçues depuis que j'étais sur la Beta.
5 ressources sur 6 quêtes. Et j'ai encore 2 quêtes à terminer.

Comme on l'a dit pour la quête de la Bonification de la taverne ... Si on en a activé au moment de la quête, il devrait la valider, surtout pour ceux qui ont 72 heures d'attente.

Les avatars ... Masculin, masculin, masculin, masculin, encore masculin ... Il devient lourd, il est trop important d'avoir un féminin au moins 1 fois sur 2.
Comptez vos avatars, vous pourriez avoir un choc, et ce n'est pas la première fois que je le dis.

---------------------------------
Translation:
Good evening

I find that the rewards for this event are the weakest I have been given since I was on the Beta.
5 resources on 6 quests. And I still have 2 quests to finish.

As was said for the quest for the Tavern Bonus ... If we are able to act at the time of the quest, this one should validate, especially for those who have 72h to wait.

The avatars ... Masculine, masculine, masculine, masculine, still masculine ... It becomes heavy, it is too much to have feminine at least 1 time out of 2.
Count your avatars you may have a shock, and this is not the first time I say it.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-05-18 - Translation was added, because English is required on forum.
Also I removed inappropriate language!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6705

No, the collecting from these GEs don´t count. :(

350 goods is an enormous quantity. If you make 30 goods per day, It is the production of more than 11 days. If you use 3 factories, it takes 4 days to get them. It´s worst if you produce 20 per day because you log in once a day.
It is the same problem that causes the quest "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting"

It's not that bad as you do not need to donate current goods. I'm PME and donated some "leftover" EMA goods ... and the system accepted this happily :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vidicecilia

Baronet
Bonsoir

Les avatars ... Masculin, masculin, masculin, masculin, encore masculin ... Il devient lourd, il est trop important d'avoir un féminin au moins 1 fois sur 2.
Comptez vos avatars, vous pourriez avoir un choc, et ce n'est pas la première fois que je le dis.

The avatars ... Masculine, masculine, masculine, masculine, still masculine ... It becomes heavy, it is too much to have feminine at least 1 time out of 2.
Count your avatars you may have a shock, and this is not the first time I say it.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-05-18 - Translation was added, because English is required on forum.
Also I removed inappropriate language!

It´s true, there are a lot of male avatars and they are beautiful but the most of female avatars are horrible. I always use the same one.

Translation:

C'est vrai, il y a beaucoup d'avatars masculins et sont belles mais la majorité des avatars féminins sont horribles. J'utilise toujours le même avatar.

dolphin

Marquis
I was trying to catch -up a bit when this "new" quest was started with no notice!

I am on a 3 day+ between continents with another unknown number of days to move into the 1st sector.
GE has not started for another 1/2 day.

A bit of notice of upcoming quests (calendar) might have assisted strategy (planning) as this is very discouraging and not fun!

Update: I am 22 hours out from landing in a new continent sector!

From the looks of the quests yet to complete, it may be difficult to complete or will be close.

DeletedUser7779

I'm still struggling with the "Finish 8 8hr and 16 4hr productions" quest lol. And I do have 7 supply buildings on beta...Not the case on live servers though where I got none, so once again gotta build blacksmiths.

I do realize certain quests appear difficult to some players and super easy to others. I think it'd be fair though, if Inno gives alternatives to each of the problematic quests in the future.

For example i got no problems with "acquire a province" on live but the productions quest is a real pain. And vice versa, on beta I'll complete the productions but defeating Indy troops with CA will be very tough.
Not suggesting to make the quests easier, just provide alternatives of equal difficulty. The donate 350 goods to treasury was a really good change, although not really suitable for new and/or low Era players - LMA and below. But still I find it balancing. Good job Inno, definitely a step forward (you won't see me saying that very often ;))

Now, if we only knew if that Hedge Maze will be a part of a set? ;)

Arete

Farmer
  • The historical questline as such was feasible for me quite well. I am in the High Middle Ages and it took only 3 days to get through. But I can imagine that for the advanced players there could be some difficulties to complete the questline. In my opinion there should be a better balance.
  • The Hedge Maze seems to me to be a good reward. I like the possibility to earn random rewards all 12 hours (in comparison to the Wishing Well). I see it as a kind of compensation in relation to the size of the building.
  • The alternatives in the questline are a really good idea and the right way to answer to the concerns of the players. Maybe they are a bit too much challenging and should possibly be modified somewhat.

It means that this event is not available on the app here on Beta.
I would like to ask if the Hedge Maze stays invisible on the app also in the future. :(

Bild1.png

Screenshot_20170518-091221.png

Last edited:

maxbergheim

Squire
I really like this story about distant events in time and space from Europe because they are little known by the general public. I hope that in the future there will be events that illustrate little-known things, or because in the past or very far geographically. Then I had a question and a tip: how many rewards give you coins and supplies? Because the wells of desires (and the seed deposit) give ridiculous amounts. I think the rewards in coins, supplies and medals that give the wells and the seed deposit should be the same as those of repetitive missions

ZENA

Marquis
quest 7 donate 350 goods to your guild teasury
then tell me why does the guild gbs not work for this
as i collect form my obs and show no donations on the quest

DeletedUser

quest 7 donate 350 goods to your guild teasury
then tell me why does the guild gbs not work for this
as i collect form my obs and show no donations on the quest

I checked on this and it is intended to not count GB output. We are looking into improving the description on the quest.