• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Server Error on zz1 - cannot log in

DeletedUser1223

Vanguard, are you actually playing the zz1 server right now?
Indeed I am...

IE is the worst you could try, most times it doesn't even open the diamonds page and guild forums. I don't know what you are using, but try Chrome - or if you're afraid of google, the SR Ware equivalent "Iron".
I played with Chrome since the beginning and the only user based problems I had were the global / language-version-global ones. Not the same with all Chrome users though, to be fair.

edit: Proof, just in case:
1z1w6z4.jpg

Timezone is GMT +1 with another +1 DST

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1252

Chrome, is the browser I use to play the game....and you are right, it has fewer problems than the others. It's the browser where I cleared the cache 5 times and still have the same problem. I have also tried Firefox....same result.

I have been playing this game since Arvahal was a restricted beta, so I am pretty well versed in the idiosyncrasies of the game. I have never had this problem go on so long. As I said, I had the same problem with the en servers today, until they fixed the problem and they now work fine. Nothing I tried can get zz1 working.

DeletedUser1252

Same here. Nothing new. No additional cache clearing. No change in browser. Just hit the refresh button.......and this time it worked.

Very strange.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
This issue was ongoing and widespread across all versions of FoE, as I said in my initial post. The issues appear now to be fixed.

Thanks for your patience.

DeletedUser

Just to add to the "stuck at 70%" issue for the future:

We had the following scenario here: The server had issues, this was seen as "Server Error" being displayed in the progress bar. Clearing cache and cookies will NOT help in such a case. The people who did delete their cache and cookies complained that their game was stuck at 70% (*without* "Server Error" being displayed), and blamed it on the servers. Which is wrong. All they would have had to do is wait. Because clearing cache and cookies requires the game to reload every single bit of data from scratch, this can take quite some time, moreso if you have an internet connection like mine (AKA EMA internet). Sometimes, this reloading takes so long, that the browser indeed gets stuck at 70%, in such a case, just refresh - and wait even more. Be patient. It will load! Eventually. The first sign of things being alive is the change of your mouse cursor. Once it has changed to the "hand", you're on a good path - go have another coffee. Be patient!

To make a long story short: After clearing your cache, be prepared for extra long loading times!