• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Server Error on zz1 - cannot log in

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I keep getting a Server Error on zz1 while trying to log in on Dunarsund.

Refresh your browser (F5: soft refresh and CTRL+F5: hard refresh).
- Clear your browser's cache (temporary internet files).
- Try a different (up to date) browser.
- Delete your cookies.

I tried the above, this did not help.. and since I just heard that the same problem occurs on one of the Dutch servers, I did not try the other things on the list ;)

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Widespread problem across multiple versions of FoE. Its being looked in to.

Thanks for your patience.

DeletedUser929

server error stopped appearing for me, now i just stay stuck at 70%

DeletedUser1252

Same here. Other servers are working fine. zz1 server is stuck at 70% load.

DeletedUser1223

The 70% issue usually is caused by cache and/or cookie errors, clearing them (close game before, restart browser/pc afterwards) usually solves it.

DeletedUser929

not this time, ive cleared both and restarted my comp, still stuck at 70% :(

DeletedUser1252

Just cleared cache and cookies again (for the 4th time)......still stuck at 70%.

DeletedUser

It's not a cache and cookies problem for me, either. I've been trying for hours, it won't load farther than that. Note that the en server is still slow, and hangs a bit at 70%, but then it does load.

DeletedUser1223

It's not a cache and cookies problem for me, either. I've been trying for hours, it won't load farther than that. Note that the en server is still slow, and hangs a bit at 70%, but then it does load.
If it was for hours it sure wasn't a server problem. I had no problems except the "server error" stuff.
Another problem with the 70% issue often is that users don't follow the instructions properly - CLOSE the game tab before cleaning (all tabs is even better), RESTART at least the browser afterwards. I remember the global 70% issue when after it had been solved lots of people still complained, and we always chased it down to the missing restart.
Nice way to prove is to have at least one other browser installed that is never used, except for A/B checking when issues like this occur.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I also had the 70% once when the server errors were fixed here. Treated as usual, and no problems since then.

Last edited by a moderator:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
If it was for hours it sure wasn't a server problem. I had no problems except the "server error" stuff.
Another problem with the 70% issue often is that users don't follow the instructions properly - CLOSE the game tab before cleaning (all tabs is even better), RESTART at least the browser afterwards. I remember the global 70% issue when after it had been solved lots of people still complained, and we always chased it down to the missing restart.
Nice way to prove is to have at least one other browser installed that is never used, except for A/B checking when issues like this occur.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I also had the 70% once when the server errors were fixed here. Treated as usual, and no problems since then.

Thanks for the input, however I just did this twice... and still get stuck at 70% on the zz1 server (I don't have this problem on the Dutch servers). Also with another complete clean browser I get stuck :confused:

DeletedUser1252

Same here. Just cleared the cache EXACTLY as instructed (for the 5th time) and status bar still stuck at 70%. I even tried on IE9, which I never use, and it also sticks at 70%.

Same problem was reported on the english servers at 14:12.......a "Community Manager" finally declared the problem solved at 18:01, almost 4 hours later. Now the english server works fine. These problems are exactly the same......just looks like they haven't corrected them here yet.

Vanguard, are you actually playing the zz1 server right now?