• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Rework the GBs

Do you think Great Buildings should under go rework?

• Yes

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Traveler64

Squire
GB reworks are DNSL though. So, you'll either have to just discuss it here or get it deleted in the Ideas section (or moved to here.)
I was unaware of this. So all the discussions and voting here is in vain as Inno won't even look at it! Lul.

It seems that what is largely overlooked in event buildings is the absence of guild goods. Now I'm aware there are ample buildings that produce them, but what is mostly prioritised in event buildings is the army's attack and defence percentages, guild goods is somewhere else on the priority list. There needs to be something to rival the Arc's guild goods production. This would assist new members in their search for good guilds, as the current requirements mostly include a Level 80 Arc and Level 60 Obs. Previously, Zeus, CDM, and CoA were mandatory, but these can be easily substituted with event buildings these days (with a St. Basil's on top). Guild goods still seems to be a rare resource, even more than city goods!

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
@mcbluefire currently at the live server coin boosters ain’t restricted (yet). Besides coin boosters there are a few event buildings with a passive coin boost besides military boosts. For example one of the fall’s harvest farm set buildings and sun havens provide passive coin boosts. Mughal’s temple (250% when maxed out, when the announced changes are applied). It’s maybe worth looking into. Besides coin boosters. When looking for ways to accelerate coins production besides ST. Mark.
Yep, the use of "potions" aren't restricted in live yet....but you can't auto-collect more than the register can hold at any given time - the medium int max.

Doesn't your argument against using too many boost undermine the argument for using the St. Mark?
I don't think so. I'm unlikely to get my SMB up to 1K anytime soon (ever) but yes at some point the SMB even at 650% my make a future age impossible to auto-collect. However, my larger argument was SMB takes way fewer squares than the equivalent Bucs needed to produce daily potions also it's kind of a pain to remember to apply potions before collections everyday. So until something much better than buccs comes out with daily potion creation or as @drakenridder pointed out other buildings that eventually more efficiently replace the coin boost of the SMB it isn't going anywhere from my city.

Now that you have so much support on this topic, please go ahead and create a thread in the IDEAS section, which is what will matter. Voting here will not get ideas forwarded!

Unfortunately any suggestions about GB boosts is DNSL. :/

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
it's kind of a pain to remember to apply potions before collections everyday. So until something much better than buccs comes out with daily potion creation or as @drakenridder pointed out other buildings that eventually more efficiently replace the coin boost of the SMB it isn't going anywhere from my city.
I'm going through the same. SMB's charges are sufficient to boost daily harvests. I forget frequently to apply the coin boosters prior to collecting the daily harvest. I'm currently mainly trying to collect more special buildings that also provide coin boosts efficiently. Which are not a lot of (yet), unfortunately. Sunhavens for example ain't efficient but offer enough other utilities. Like jester stages and passive fp-packages. There are ofc more options but they're much less efficient, making them unusable.
Hopefully in the future, more efficient alternatives pop-up. Till that time I'll stick with the SMB. I'm not in a rush replacing it. As inefficient old event buildings and GB's offering less utility will go before SMB go. For similar reasons I'm keeping my RAH. Not that many sources of supplies and not that many supply boosting special buildings provide sufficient other utilities.

On live I've already gone through the process of deleting several GB's which I thought would last forever in my city: Alca, Chateau, Truce, Flying Island, ToR and Cape. Replaced them with Thundering Laboratories, Serene Animal Crossing, Flamingo thing, etc. I don't regret it. Since I'm camping in the same era I don't need Alca and Chateau, otherwise I would have kept those two. Cathedral of Aachen is the next one in the danger zone.

If they rework the GB's I will be pretty annoyed that I have to rebuild them from scratch. I hope they stay like they are now. You can't store GB's and that's the problem.

Firehunt

Farmer
You deleted Chateau and not CoA. Let me do a simple example. CoA at lvl 100 gives 75% boost which is 3% a square. the meta for F2P EBs is 7-9% a square. Chateau gives on a good day 120 FP, 2k-3k medals, 300-600 Goods. The most important question is if you RQ. If you don't it's only useful for diamonds.

You deleted Chateau and not CoA. Let me do a simple example. CoA at lvl 100 gives 75% boost which is 3% a square. the meta for F2P EBs is 7-9% a square. Chateau gives on a good day 120 FP, 2k-3k medals, 300-600 Goods. The most important question is if you RQ. If you don't it's only useful for diamonds.
I don't bother with RQ because I have more than 300K goods of my era, 130K FP in the bank and billions of excess coins/supplies. So for me it barely contributed anything and I strongly dislike repetitive clicking. GBG clicking is already tedious enough.

I don't bother with RQ because I have more than 300K goods of my era, 130K FP in the bank and billions of excess coins/supplies. So for me it barely contributed anything and I strongly dislike repetitive clicking. GBG clicking is already tedious enough.
I'm in SAT with a CF @147 and going higher. The SAT GBs are goods sinks. My city there produces 6K SAT goods /day but it's not enough to get these beasts levelled up. RQs are required if a player wants to get the GBs over 80 in a reasonable amount of time (like 18 months or so).

mcbluefire

Baronet
I'm in SAT with a CF @147 and going higher. The SAT GBs are goods sinks. My city there produces 6K SAT goods /day but it's not enough to get these beasts levelled up. RQs are required if a player wants to get the GBs over 80 in a reasonable amount of time (like 18 months or so).
3,019,500 Goods required to get each SAT GB to L80. Some will want to go higher others will stop long before.

At 6K goods per day it is 1yr, 1 month and 1 day rounded up. Of course, that is *IF* you don't spend any goods on anything including quests to dump current goods into treasury, negotiate anywhwere, etc.

In my city I'm averaging just over 6.6K goods/day collected in city, 825 goods/day from colony and I am too burned out to do RQs. I have 8 months and a day left to go until all three of mine are unlocked to L80.

Last edited:
3,019,500 Goods required to get each SAT GB to L80. Some will want to go higher others will stop long before.

At 6K goods per day it is 1yr, 1 month and 1 day rounded up. Of course, that is *IF* you don't spend any goods on anything including quests to dump current goods into treasury, negotiate anywhwere, etc.

In my city I'm averaging just over 6.6K goods/day collected in city, 825 goods/day from colony and I am too burned out to do RQs. I have 8 months and a day left to go until all three of mine are unlocked to L80.
3,019,500 total goods needed (I came up with 3,017,000 but will use your number). If the city produces 6K per day it will take 503 days to gather the goods, not "1yr, 1 month and 1 day". I have about 6 more months to get all mine to 80 and am pressing because I want to get there before the next era is released. Collecting goods from RQs and GBG is an essential part of my plan, ymmv.

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
This thread should really be in the Ideas & Suggestions thread, All GBs should be reworked as event buildings these days are much powerful and better than most early age GBs.

This thread should really be in the Ideas & Suggestions thread, All GBs should be reworked as event buildings these days are much powerful and better than most early age GBs.
I even wanted to do it, but I know that if I do it, it will be considered DNSL. So let's discuss and hope that someone from INNO sees and comments on this in the future.

•Changes to Great Building Bonuses. If there is an issue with a GB that needs balancing this should be discussed in a feedback section rather than as a new idea

This is a rule that is there in the topic, that is, what can be done is for the INNO team to open the topic in the feedback section and so we can start throwing ideas on the subject. Just like it was made for the settlements 3 years ago.

My intention with this topic was to find out if you wanted improvements in GBs like I do and that I wasn't alone in this and apparently I'm not because it's clear that a 20/30 day event gives you a building better than or equal to high-level GBS. What I propose is that some GBs like the GVG (observatory, Deal) be replaced by the new golden fist icon that is related to quantum incursions. May the atk/def gbs also give the bonuses for GEX and GBG or that put these statistics in other gbs (Colosseum? Lotus?) Or create gbs from previous eras just like they did with the Galata Tower that came from the SAAB era. and besides that (changing the topic of conversation) the game needs to see this tech tree research from the post titan eras because it's boring there's nothing new outside of expansions that we find interesting unlock and that only take away our resources and not much is taken away.
[Edit] And they are smart, because they always put expansions in the first research to make you go to the next era and then the other expansion is only found at the end of the tech tree research.

One thing I remembered that would be simple to do is. The atk/def gbs give 3% from level 1 to 10 and then decrease to 1% per level if they fix it and continue to be 3% per level it would be a great change, just like the TA that gives 2% atk/def atk/def army from level 1 to 10 and then drops to 1% from level 11 onwards, if you adjust this and leave 2% from 11 onwards it would be great.