• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Resume Ideas

nice2haveu

Baronet
This thread can be used to bring back the ideas which got archived/missed due to less members vote in both positive and negative other than beta server. Use this thread to bring back any good idea sleeping in other forum servers (due to any reason). Please choose wisely to keep a worthy discussion.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
meh, hypothetical judgement from ourselves to bring back the ideas from other servers, which had already got addressed from the server's moderator.

Bringing back those ideas, it's kind of abusing moderators(my personal opinion). Not sure if it is under violating any policy or rules in the forum (really don't know if it has anything like that).

But yeah, some ideas are left with less votes. Kind of feeling little humiliation myself to post those ideas here. Not sure why.

nice2haveu

Baronet
If the idea had a negative vote,
OMG, if that was the case, none of the idea gets forwarded. 100% positive votes for a idea to be given means, impossible.

Having less negative and less positive votes happen in many ideas in other forum servers. Is it not good to revisit with beta forum members. Don't see any wrong in it.

If the idea had a negative vote, then it wasn’t missed. It was rejected.
Rejected within the context of what the original idea presented, the discussion held, and the arguments presented/debated (in favor/against).

New discussion here, if presenting alternative ways to improve the idea, may (or may not) solve the issues that lead to the idea be rejected.
====
EDIT: I think that Emberguard meant that if the idea received more negative than positive votes it was rejected.
Not that if the idea received 1 single negative vote it was rejected.

-Alin-

Emperor
Pointless to bring back all the ideas, and it doesn't matter how many votes all of them had, positive or negative.
All ideas are being sent to Inno anyway, if they reject them at that moment this doesn't mean they can't think about that idea later and implement it after a long time. It happened for few ideas in the past, like the box to type the number of forge points, but after few years was implemented anyway and we can use it, and there are few more which were in the same situation.

Even so, good to keep the thread to discuss about few of them and find mistakes or adjust them.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Yes, that was the intended meaning :)
Actually myself referring to ideas, which has positive and negative votes more or less same and didn't cross value of 10 votes means, forum community members missed to vote either one. Idea will ended up like lack of support from community members. Few members might have visited the idea but missed to vote. Who knows. So beta community members to have final chance to discuss on those ideas from different servers can get some newer thoughts.

For example, few ideas get only 10 votes and few ideas get 30 votes. It depends on community members login and checking which is completely random. This thread can help to get discussion deeper on mentioned idea. That's all.

Emberguard

Emperor
few ideas get only 10 votes and few ideas get 30 votes.
There's been plenty of ideas people have stated they're deliberately abstaining from voting on because the idea is too underwhelming to support, but not something they'd object to either.
Idea will ended up like lack of support from community members.
Which is precisely why the idea was rejected: lack of support. Do you have any specific ideas you feel are worth revisiting that didn't get support before?

Emberguard

Emperor
If we were to revisit ideas, are we intending to add onto the weighting of the original communities votes? Or start from scratch?

nice2haveu

Baronet
If we were to revisit ideas, are we intending to add onto the weighting of the original communities votes? Or start from scratch?
Start from scratch means, it will be considered as "already suggested" in different server. So only decided to put in the discussion thread. Sad part is, no legal option like "forwarded to developers" from discussion thread. Original communities votes cannot be disturbed and from here(beta) only 'likes' will be counted as extra votes if any such ideas shared. If possible, if got more likes here for any such ideas, we can post it into ideas section with the complete data (original votes and likes received etc). Not sure how effectively this works, but just put my thought process on it.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Army Management Screen.png

Idea suggested to display attack and defense boost percentage on every battles. Each unit has different skill and power, boost percentage is common hence displayed like heading message. Also, opponents army units boost percentage also display as same.

14 yes and 12 No votes.

Really don't know how to copy paste from one server to another, myself using mobile.

Completely forgot this thread. Amazed from the curiosity shown, Is this happened as a positive or negative reaction no idea. Anyways, idea context has been given with image also.

Although the information is available at the Town Hall, the idea adds this relevant piece of information at the screen where the user need it to make decisions. The suggested location for the attack/defense data seems ok, the developers / graphic designers may adjust that if needed.

However, one point against the idea is that the boosts information can be seen if clicking any unit of the corresponding army in this very screen, so adding it to the main Army Management screen may be judged redundant, just saving one or two clicks. So it is balancing:
  • Effort to modify the screen to add Attack / Defense current Boosts %, for Player's and Enemy's army, vs
  • Improve Quality of Life by reducing two clicks to get the information.
14 vs 12 votes are just 1 vote away from a tie (13 vs 13).

What to change at the idea?
  • Maybe display Attack % in Red font, and Defense % in Blue font to align to other places at the game where this information is displayed.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
If this idea not feed our ego
every ranking is to feed egos (at least of some players)

why #1 in global ranking (beta) has made 800k battles ?

and #2 in ranking is upset when only facing 1 spearfighter and for that reason comes back hours later to plunder a few thousands coins or supplies. sure not because he needs them. his/her ego needs that

and more ranking makes more players ego happy
because then you can be good where you want even if you aren't good in the current rankings

not mocking (abuse) other players
if you want you can mock for any reason

I could mock players with Arcs higher than level 180 because that only gives a few more goods but no more boost

and more ranking makes more players ego happy
That is why PVP has Guild Ranking, Age Ranking, and the overall World ranking?

my idea ended there with 15 yes, 7 no and 2 don't know
Community Managers / Administrators Moderators should agree and publish some guidelines on how the votes are to be judged. I mean:
  • Should the Yes votes lead the No votes by a X %to say that the Community favors the idea?
    • X% > 33% (67% vs 33% or better)
    • other value for X%?
  • How many votes are required to say that the community have spoken?
    • I would think that a vote of 4 vs 1, even if is a 60% lead (80% to 20%) is not enough to accept or discard an idea.
    • How many votes should be recorded to make a decision (if the X% is high enough)? 25 votes minimum? More?
I may start a separate discussion on this since is not an idea to be re-analyze but an inquiry about how to judge ideas to forward to Submitted to Developers, Archive, or whatever other folder.