• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

I don't know where to place this feedback so I'll place it here.

Yesterday I started a new account on Beta and found the path of innovation, a second quest path for beginners with additional rewards. The first quests were more or less identical to the normal quests, quest 14 is a quest that comes a bit later in the normal quests (build the oracle and put 20 FP into it).
Every quest has a normal reward and a second reward that you can unlock via purchasable pass (11,99€ for me on iOS). The purchase prizes contain in total 55 FP, lots of IA goods, BA and IA units, two nice avatars, three buildings and some supplies and gold.
I personally find the purchase prizes a bit underwhelming and wonder if you should add a complete BP set of either Zeus or Babel to give it a bit more oomph.

Emberguard

Emperor
To be honest, I don't think Zeus would make a lot of sense for players new to the game, because the 3% boost each level are not noticable with the early units.

A complete set for statue of zeus would be huge mostly because your first set is the hardest to obtain. It’s more that it’s getting the momentum going than it is just the amount

Also, do keep in mind it comes with 5,000 Castle Points, which means they already have 4% boost before they place anything else down

That means they only need to get the Statue of Zeus to Level 2 for it to increase their Bronze Age unit stats.

The Questline also provides some progress towards that as it gives Forge Points

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The guild perks were a much appreciated feature in the sense that it had a goal the members of a guild could work at together, each at his or her own pace, without fighting.

* GE is outdated, Both individual rewards and guild benefits are very limited, though still valuable.
* GvG is onloy on pc/laptop, and won't be brought to mobile. Also, it is fighting only.
* Guild Battle Grounds is also mostly about fighting.

What we lack is a challenge for the guild by building something together. The Perks neatly filled this gap, but the rewards were temporary. In my humble opinion a number of small permanent perks would be a very valuable addition to the game.

Possible rewards could be:
* A small defensive bonus in GBG, like 1% for every level of the perk.
* An extra engagement (like GE 5) in the GE. That would allow geuild to score above 133%.
* A small defensive bonus in GvG like 1% for every level of the perk.
* Lower trade costs in GBG, or less chance that exhaustion kicks in when trading
* Gaining extra guild levels above the current maximum of 100.
* Shorter travelling times on the guild map (are now in castle system, could be a perk too)
* slightly longer peace times in GBG (instead of 4 hours, 4 hours + 5 minutes, + 10 minutes, etc)
* 1 fp per level of perks (up to 5 levels max) for every player from the townhall, just like the guild level
* * lower cost of guild levels by 1 % per perk level
* there are probably a couple of other ideas in old discussions

The perks dont need to be called perks. It could be a Guild-capital city, with nice graphics for several kinds of buildings, each giving its own 'perk'. I could imagine the the foundation of each building could cost a number of diamonds. That might boost Inno's income.
I think inno has a large pool of ideas for guild perks. It’s either been scraped, delayed for undecided time, or they’re planning to reworking the feature entirely into something else or better.

@Fire Witch as others explained, I think a full bp set of Zeus would yield a strong appeal to starters and would give a solid start in the game. Generally speaking most cities start off with high priority in Zeus lvl10, to a much lesser degree a LoA. Zeus lvl10 helps enormously for starting a new city. Being able to buying Zeus’ full bp set might be a winning strategy. As it easily saving some weeks of bp hunting and bypasses the bp’s for diamonds with direct cash.
The first 20-100% of a starting city has the biggest impact.

qaccy

Emperor
I do not agree. Zeus is easy to level in new towns. At L10, the 30% boost can be the difference between winning, and losing, on the C-Map.
Some people see 30% and think it's a lot, while others see 30% and think about how much impact it actually has. Like, if damage ranges in battle are the same either way, then it's true that the 30% isn't really making a difference. It's not as simple as 'bigger number better' in all cases, because that bigger number doesn't always equate to extra dage dealt or less damage taken. Make sense?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some people see 30% and think it's a lot, while others see 30% and think about how much impact it actually has. Like, if damage ranges in battle are the same either way, then it's true that the 30% isn't really making a difference. It's not as simple as 'bigger number better' in all cases, because that bigger number doesn't always equate to extra dage dealt or less damage taken. Make sense?
I've actually accrued some amount of not-so-rigidly-collected-evidence that the damage range being the same may not mean "no difference" (though that was my old operating theory). In doing some very-high-attrition-fighting I was able to notice a difference between 100% extra boost that didn't technically change the damage range in terms of lowering the odds of a low-roll, and increasing the odds of a high-roll within that range.

This may not matter a lot when you're talking about 5-7 damage as it's a 2-shot/1-shot with normal and keen eye no matter what; and the chance of a 7 + AO crit isn't that high no matter what. But it does when it's 4-6. And it *really* does when you're talking about 1-3.

My current operating theory is that the real minimum and maximum damage ranges used internally are fractional and then either rounded or truncated to a whole number. so that for instance you might have 1.0-2.9 that rounds to 1-3, but is noticeably worse than 1.2-3.4 that also rounds to 1-3 but will roll a 1 less often and a 3 noticeably more often (numbers made up as an example; I've yet to try to fit the discrete ranges into fractional ranges and test the theory rigorously).