• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Starting from a simple observation, why buy diamonds in my live worlds when we are overflowing with everything?

I've been saying it for a long time, in a game of strategy or management, you always have to miss and therefore try to win more.
Here we overflow with everything and we have few opportunities to spend them, which implies in conclusion that we do not need to buy diamonds.
There are however simple solutions so that we don't overflow with everything, but here again Inno is deaf to our ideas.

Putting advertising for motivations is still a mistake. Nothing is gained with motivations, so few are involved in doing it daily and even less with advertising.
While putting advertising on each "loop" of dropping recurring quests would seem more thoughtful to me.
Allowing to select, even with diamonds, the desired objects and kits at the antique dealer would generate more expenses than FOE Plus.

But above all educate a communication manager who would give information on current projects to the CMs of the various communities!
With a real dialogue, the confidence of the players would return and a player understood is a happy player therefore more inclined to spend.

Thunderdome

Emperor
@Leones I am not saying you have to make an "owner's manual" of every little thing that happened. I am saying that in order for the masses to understand on why certain things are warranted precise answers would have sufficed. No one is buying the "internal reasons" excuse, especially if it's something that is a game changer for everyone that plays. I had 8 hours of work to do as well, but I do take the time in getting in touch with my clients to let them know what's going on and how long it's going to take; and I don't sugarcoat it, either. If something is bad, I am going to tell them that. If something is going to be good, they will know... because it's one less thing for anyone to sit and "wonder" about and they can go about on their day.
Like how in a restaurant you wouldn't expect the Chef to have the time to both cook the meal and do all the front of house tasks. You either would never get any food actually cooked if the chef had to take the orders and facilitate every transaction, or it'd tie them down so much trying to do everything themselves that the entire service would degrade in comparison to having a dedicated person to the task of serving.
You reminded me of a time where a well-oiled machine means something. I was like that Chef in your story with an incompetent partner (well, more like a complaining one). We were working in a building, trying to figure heads or tails as the last team didn't leave anything (not even as much as a note). I told him to assist the other vendor (HP) in moving the equipment while gathering data port information while I was dealing with a person who keeps calling me every 5 minutes requesting a status update. Twenty minutes later, he comes in asking "are we done yet?" I looked at him and ask if he was done with his task, which he answered "no". I told him to get back in there as I am still compiling a list since I have to walk between two floors worth of network rooms to translate their port information to what was on the user end (yeah, it was all "Greek" to me). Another twenty minutes and after telling the caller to "stuff it" since they cannot take a hint that I would call them to give them the update, he comes back and asks again "are we done yet?" I asked him one more time if he was done which he answered "no" again. This time, I asked him, "what were you doing in the last hour?" To which he answered, "nothing, just waiting on you." Oh my, you got to be kiddin' me. I was putting together a composite list to which I was also waiting on his information so I can enter it and he done nothing in that time. Time stopped for me as he told me that he wants to go home so he can get up to take his son fishing (granted, this was on a Friday night of all sorts). I closed my eyes and told him to go; but told him that the moment he leaves the building zone, his time will end. I usually reward people when we do things as a team in an efficient way that it would take if we done it separately. Alone and with odds against me, I took a few minutes to ask my friends in the HP for assistance while I call in my family to take on the mission, to which they arrived, team up with HP, and started to get things rolling. The nightmare that was on the phone was replaced by a friend I know all too well that everyone was done by 2am and went home. Three floors, two network rooms, one phone call. I had to answer for my "call" and decision, but it was later understandable on why.

Your chef should have a contingency plan in place. Replace the incompetent ones with those who can perform the task. And, if needed, get outside help as appropriate.

I'm not sure what buisness game inno is playing if not to put the customers first - listen to the customers, interact with the customers. We're the ones paying their salary and getting more players to join. The customer may not always be right, but inno's creating a death trap if they keep wasting (tens to hundreds) thousands of dollars on investments into features nobody wants that just get recalled instantly and then blows off 140 pages of player feedback on one particular update. The game can't be sustained by whales.

Players want to be valued - and if they're not they will leave. This doesn't take a MA in Buisness to learn.

Thunderdome

Emperor
@planetofthehumans2, Inno is following the same pathway as any other developer these days, where they will put forth gimmicks in trying to make a quick buck, delivering half-assed releases, having new bug problems, and playing the hiding game with its players. Developers like these are the reason why great games have bitten the dust and players are trying to find the next best thing away from said developers. Then, there are times when a developer closes a game due to their negligence and plead with the player to try one of their other games for loyalty rewards. Where's the developer's loyalty when the players need them the most? I'm sorry, but if a game ends because a developer and/or the staff doesn't take that moment in time to listen to their players, you won't see me playing another game from them ever again.

I don't mind spending on a game if the game is good and there is value for my investment. I don't go for cheap gimmicks that flash in my face as it is a real turn off for me. Inno has done that in the form of having ads for mobile players that didn't spend a cent for diamonds. This, right here, is their desperation move because they already know they are not getting much revenue as they had in the past; and we all know why. Had they not include the caveat of spending for diamonds (which I had bought a load in my day) just to not get ads on the mobile app, I would have already uninstall it from my device and never give it a second thought as I will only play from the browser this point on. All other apps I had tried that included this form is either put on the shelf (and never used again) or the pro version is bought (a very small amount fits in this category).

Now, I am betting pesos to dollars to euros that no announcement was made on the third season as it has started with this change in place. You know why? Because it was their intention of just leaving it there so people will forget about it, and then making its way towards the live servers. The "feedback" is just blowing smoke up someone's rear end, for if they were responsive, they would be so and we would be in the know. None of this "internal" ("secret") shenanigans.

I dare them to prove me wrong, but they won't.

kawada

Marquis
Did community managers and moderators quit working? I barely see them responding to forum posts / reported bugs

6zeva9

Baronet
Did community managers and moderators quit working? I barely see them responding to forum posts / reported bugs
Like the rest of us they do get time off work. After all they are only human too (I know, some will not believe it), with workers rights as laid out by the EU (based on UK law originally) being based in Germany (so no at will work).

Owl II

Emperor
It is sad. You can hire a high-class designer, and he will maintain the product at the level. Or you can give the development to student volunteers and hire a support team that will explain to consumers around the clock that everything is fine and they just have to get used to this trash that they are being stuffed with. The top point for me was СM justifies the release of lags to live servers not even that they could not fix the bug, but that the schedule requires it.

Last edited:

kawada

Marquis
The forum moved to self service thank to help of active and more experienced players rather than Inno staff
maybe they can give us direct contacts to Inno, we‘d report bugs and feedback ourselves too :D

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
We are still very much around. You might not "see" some of us online because of privacy settings and such, but that does not mean that we've abandoned the forum. The moderators work on a voluntary basis. On some days we have more time available and on some days less (RL comes first).

Some bugs take more time to be recreated or are particularly difficult to located. Still, if you have concerns about any particular issue/report, you can PM one of us.

kawada

Marquis
We are still very much around. You might not "see" some of us online because of privacy settings and such, but that does not mean that we've abandoned the forum. The moderators work on a voluntary basis. On some days we have more time available and on some days less (RL comes first).

Some bugs take more time to be recreated or are particularly difficult to located. Still, if you have concerns about any particular issue/report, you can PM one of us.
But there’s a significant progress since yesterday!
Thank you! ;)

I have said it before and just have an issue as feedback seems to be just seen as something like oh look at all these people and what ideas they have! That's neat!! Oh well proceed forward with plans! But on the space ages, I seriously don't get how the "could you please stop recycling and calling it new as well as make an appropriate Great Building! And if people don't like isn't that the point of beta + feedback? As if hundreds of people hate a Great Building of a new era in beta wouldn't it at the very least be considered for review? Also how the units are just the same thing different skin same skeleton! The whole Keen eye is what it is however the rest of the abilities are the same! They just get recycled! I mean look at the artillery of Asteroid Belt and Jupiter Moon! They both have blast! Also the keen eye is annoying as when difficulty increases of opponent that just means they're going to get way more Keen Eye hits! But at least beta should be used to test new things! Why have a beta if it's nothing new and then any remarks are ignored! But also with the space ages is how there's nothing for the main city; same 4x4 production buildings needing 2x2, same 3x3 premium production buildings, 1 decoration, 2x2, 1x1 roads...I don't understand how hard it would be to make new abilities as take mortar for example from the Turturrets! That was a great ability! Sure, if you make new abilities people may not like them and not use the units but that's already going on because of there being the typical 1 or 2 units per era that get used then the rest are ignored! But if there were new abilities I mean at least people would be trying out different things! As who knows, there could be stacked abilities so that you use two diff units together for making a dual move! That would be really amazing and add in more to the game! But, I know that I'm just one of many and at best I'll be acknowledged for posting words but I at least wanted to say something...Thank you!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Basically, the units divided into 5 types all had strengths and weaknesses.
It would have been very interesting, instead of increasing the % keen eye at each age, to make the units untouchable by another type of unit.
For example, the light ones cannot inflict the slightest damage to the heavy ones, which would not touch the rapid ones, themselves ineffective at distances which could not hurt the artillery which would be without action against the light ones.
No unit could be ignored and each combination would restore strategy to the fights.

Thunderdome

Emperor
In the lower ages, the rules for units were always like this:
• Light Units can beat Fast Units (more damage) but are beaten by Heavy Units (less damage)
• Heavy Units can beat Light Units (more damage) but are beaten by Ranged and Artillery Units (less damage)
• Ranged and Artillery Units can beat Heavy Units (more damage) but are beaten by Fast Units (less damage)
• Fast Units can beat Ranged and Artillery Units (more damage) but are beaten by Light Units (less damage)

Don't ask me why or how Ranged and Artillery Units are grouped together despite being two different types.

But, after CE, the rules have changed on units on who they can beat and who they cannot beat. Heavy Units can beat Ranged; Fast Units can beat Light; for examples.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
In the lower ages, the rules for units were always like this:
• Light Units can beat Fast Units (more damage) but are beaten by Heavy Units (less damage)
• Heavy Units can beat Light Units (more damage) but are beaten by Ranged and Artillery Units (less damage)
• Ranged and Artillery Units can beat Heavy Units (more damage) but are beaten by Fast Units (less damage)
• Fast Units can beat Ranged and Artillery Units (more damage) but are beaten by Light Units (less damage)

Don't ask me why or how Ranged and Artillery Units are grouped together despite being two different types.

But, after CE, the rules have changed on units on who they can beat and who they cannot beat. Heavy Units can beat Ranged; Fast Units can beat Light; for examples.

Artillery's bonus against heavy in low ages was just to kinda make them equally-usable against them: they have low base attack and heavy have high base defense; the bonus attack just lets them hit for an ok amount, not an over the top amount - there is no bonus for fast against them, because it doesn't really need one.

Things actually first get turned on their head in progressive (snipers being ultraspecialized against light and vulnerable to heavy, artillery becoming good against fast for a period). And follow many different rock-paper-scissor arrangements from then til "recently".

From OF on we've had the same pecking order maintained. But it's also become less relevant in the years since, because bonus attack isn't scaled by % attack bonus... and we've gained one hell of a lot of attack bonus. So now the "matchup" bonuses are little more than hints as to what the abilities of the unit should be good against. And usually people just settle on one or two units with the best stats/abilities and use them against everything.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Things actually first get turned on their head in progressive (snipers being ultraspecialized against light and vulnerable to heavy, artillery becoming good against fast for a period). And follow many different rock-paper-scissor arrangements from then til "recently".
I hardly did any fighting until PME in beta (mostly was negos throughout). In the live server, I am up to Colonial in one of my worlds, so I wouldn't know.