• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

I guess I'm confused because the OP have been put in the feedback threads for a while and are a way to ward against breaking basic forum rules like spam/trolling ???

If I could get one question forwarded to the staff, it would be: is vikings settlement in north america or europe ????? That I'm actually curious on.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
In general, it is very well balanced, but not in the top leagues.
Yeah I got that point. The problem persists in the top which is posing in particular a problem for the game. Dismissing this as in most cases it is balanced is in my eyes equally dangerous. Turning an blind eye to the issue out of fear for backlash is imo even more dangerous. Cause it implies that the devs let themselves to be blackmailed with possible uproar. Which can open the doors to more exploits if it's widespread enough but also contained enough.
An example where they did fix an similar exploit, although the advantage was smaller and more specific, is when PME introduced the first double battles on the campaign map, it was possible for the "top" at the time to farm practically endless points from the first battle, then retreat. In general the battle points where very well balanced. For obvious reasons it got patched and to damp uproar players got an 1-time exclusive decoration depending on which top X% rank they where.
I hope regarding this recent feedback (kuch several years in now) on the topic @InnoGames will also giving an definitive response towards how they're looking at it. As the lack of a definitive answer on this topic is also part of the recent feedback. Unless I'm gravely wrong about this.

Also in general while I do appreciate @Juber followup post there's something I want to address. I can understand why this is left to the cm. However critically @InnoGames has directly started this topic themselves. It would've had enormously more value and meaning if they would post the followup post.

I get the same feeling as @DEADP00L if it's true that the 2 other big projects are just more new features to be added to the game. Imo it's counterintuitive towards this entire topic. It's many times been addressed that more features ain't "fixing" the game. It would be probably better to improve what exist rather then expend into new stuff. Though it still could be perks and an new settlement.

Owl II

Emperor
For Guild Battleground I can tell you, that this is something we CMs have forwarded quite often. The thing is: GbG is not unbalanced. Before you begin to shout out, listen. This is only "in general". The only part where it is unbalanced is in the top league. Players are able to do thousands of battles there. This is only possible because of high arcs, very high attack boosts and many goods. If you would begin on a new world, where not every better player has a high level arc, then it would be very well balanced for everyone. Only the part of the players, that is active the most and make up the majority of forum users is affected. This next part is only personal speculation. This is probably the reason for why it was not addressed yet. But we will of course continue to push it and improvements may come. But I can't promise anything of course.

This is something, that will be handled by one of the projects we plan :)
Juber, Juber, don't scare me. Don't say that if the game does not have tools for collecting statistics, then the developers do not have them either. Don't say that if developers don't want to analyze data, then players shouldn't either.
There are external statistics sites available to anyone who wants to get information. I visited one just now. The 100 diamond League guilds consist of 3,480 players in total in my world, according to this website. Next, I looked at the activity on the same site. 7,200 players have shown some activity over the past day (scored more than 1 rating point). 2500 of them have done less than 10 fights. So tell me now, for whom is GBG balanced in your opinion? For all but these 3.5k players, who plays in the diamond league? Well, well, I'm playing in an ancient world that should have been erased before I started playing: it was ancient even then. Our the last world opened six months ago. Let's look at this statistics. 2600 players scored more than 1 rating point in the last day. 1200 players made more than 10 fights. The first two pages of the guild rankings consist of 1050 players. For whom, tell me again, is GBG balanced in this world?

Last edited:

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
7,200 players have shown some activity over the past day (scored more than 1 rating point)
I just want to point out, that those sites cannot track "real" activity. If you do not fight, do not finish a research, do not level a GB. do not have guild goods to collect or spend and do not build or demolish something, your points do not change. Also they do not track users below a certain amount of ranking points (20k I believe?).
Sure, you can draw some conclusions from the data they provide, but you cannot see any behaviour except for ranking points and fights. InnoGames does have more data than that.

When I take a look at the cities of the neighbours on the far end of the hood (44M ranking points vs. me at 1B), it feels like they play a totally different game. They are still active players.

Owl II

Emperor
I just want to point out, that those sites cannot track "real" activity. If you do not fight, do not finish a research, do not level a GB. do not have guild goods to collect or spend and do not build or demolish something, your points do not change. Also they do not track users below a certain amount of ranking points (20k I believe?).
Sure, you can draw some conclusions from the data they provide, but you cannot see any behaviour except for ranking points and fights. InnoGames does have more data than that.

When I take a look at the cities of the neighbours on the far end of the hood (44M ranking points vs. me at 1B), it feels like they play a totally different game. They are still active players.
Really? What then is the real activity, if not in fights, harvesting, building houses, leveling GB? Oh, of course! This is obvious: spending event currency does not affect the rating change in any way. Obviously, this is the most valuable part of the players that Inno focuses on: they entered the game, bought diamonds, spent in the event and quietly left so as not to accidentally hurt the ranking

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
harvesting
Harvesting does not give any points when you do not collect guild goods. Just an example: When I collect some of my WW worlds I do not get any points for that :) I am still active as in: I logged in, collected my city, might have clicked on the castle system, might have read and replied to a message, might have emptied my tavern, helped friends etc.

Owl II

Emperor
In fact, players can adapt many functions, if there is any sense in it. GBG bring an incredible amount of rewards. So the players adapted. So GBG now generally suits everyone, except those who did not want to adapt. PVP is boring, but does not interfere with the overall gameplay. Therefore, there is no open discontent. There are things that cause direct and irreparable harm to the gameplay, like the "heal all" button. Or guild perks that didn't see the release, thank the gods of FOE. So just don't harm the players directly. And we'll digest the rest.

Owl II

Emperor
Harvesting does not give any points when you do not collect guild goods. Just an example: When I collect some of my WW worlds I do not get any points for that :) I am still active as in: I logged in, collected my city, might have clicked on the castle system, might have read and replied to a message, might have emptied my tavern, helped friends etc.
Yes, yes. Keep theorizing. This will help us to create a portrait of the player that Inno is currently focusing on. We will finally understand how to play it.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Yes, yes. Keep theorizing. This will help us to create a portrait of the player that Inno is currently focusing on. We will finally understand how to play it.
Why would you take my comments and apply them to whatever InnoGames might be focusing on? I just pointed out that there are things you can do as a player without gaining any ranking points, that's all.
Why would I know anything about the marketing aspect of the game?

Owl II

Emperor
Why would you take my comments and apply them to whatever InnoGames might be focusing on? I just pointed out that there are things you can do as a player without gaining any ranking points, that's all.
Why would I know anything about the marketing aspect of the game?
Because it's important. We are playing a completely different game, not the one that Inno is doing at the moment.If Inno doesn't want to understand what we are playing at, then we should understand for whom does the game Inno. We have already found out that GBG is not made for those 3,500 players in my world who play in the diamond league. This is a great result. It remains to understand for whom this was done.

Owl II

Emperor
But the game doesn't end with GBG. So it is necessary to make a complete portrait of the player on whom Inno is guided. All the problems will be solved as soon as we do that,. We'll just make a decision whether we want to play like this or not. It's all.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
So for you, a player who in a week (or more) does not earn points, therefore does not fight or negotiate daily, is a player considered active?
In addition, some sites follow all players, including those with 500 points.

You criticize some for playing on words, but you kill all discussions by imposing YOUR definitions of words.

I would love for what you define as a minority (beta forum assets) to stop reporting suggestions and bugs in order to let your mystery shoppers make this game more enjoyable for everyone.

Emberguard

Emperor
So for you, a player who in a week (or more) does not earn points, therefore does not fight or negotiate daily, is a player considered active?
To be fair, Cultural Settlements and Harvesting doesn’t require either functions.

The likelihood of a player falling under that category is a discussion in its own right (I’m not expecting a large number unless they’re on and off players), but there’s bound to be some players who are either less developed in Forge Point production or are playing really casually for whatever reason

Owl II

Emperor
To be fair, you need a very specific development of the city, so that none of the buildings will give you goods to the treasury of the guild. You have to give up the arc. You should also exclude some special buildings such as an Airship or a Celtic village and 3-4 more, including reward buildings for settlements. That is, it is technically possible to harvest without violating your ranking. But here the question arises: will such a very specific player appreciate the care of developers for him? And the second question: If developers care about such players, shouldn't those who play differently look for another game? So that we do not interfere with the first group and don't make waves here

ArklurBeta

Baronet
And finally, the million-dollar question: for which category of players has the AI Core been created? just for transparency. So that we understand why developers persistently ignore requests to change the characteristics of this GB

Well, based on what I see in my world, some people are actually waiting for the GB to come, so they can get from FE to the higher ages much (?) faster, so...there is that. And no, I'm not saying I'm okay with the GB. Personally I don't care that much, I'll build it for treasury goods (and I'm not the only one about this; so that's another group of players building it), the 2nd boost of other GBs (Atom, Obs) has also little-to-no value, but I do still think that the 2nd boost should be buffed. As many others mentioned, e.g. it should boost the collection of collecting the special goods on the continent map...for example.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I would get dead neighborhoods at times. However, my real tool of seeing if someone's active (without a little indicator, lol) is looking at the PVP towers (which I am glad they did not take this down).

Inno only gives us a lack of feedback. Any ignored suggestions are rejected and they are purposefully hiding any unreleased information from us. It's basically getting us to still do what they want but giving us as little as possible in return.
Inno is a company, their goal is to make profit. Their interests don't align with ours.

Wow, it's really busy here, I had a lot of work to do to read all this.
@Juber nice that you were so active here today, I wish you would do that more often. I would still like to ask about one point. Suggestions that you forward end up on a list and are implemented or not. That is an unfair way of dealing with suggestions. There should be feedback, such as "coming soon", "coming in 3-9 months", "we like it, may come at some point" or "we will not implement". That would be a transparent way of dealing with suggestions.
@Fire Witch a note from players who log in and harvest, yet do nothing that gives ranking points, is not really playing, no progress in the game, these can be done sometimes when real life leaves little time, but should not be a permanent condition. If statistics are to be used, then Inno should concentrate on the players who actively use many facets of the game. They know the game very well, they love it and are probably willing to spend money.
Not every burp of the community has to be taken into account, but nevertheless they are your players/customers, without players/customers no InnoGames.