• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: recurring quests desapear [56182]

DeletedUser10057

i´m in ema and when i recolect the recurring quests they desapear (2 times in different days) i make reload of the page and they appear again (so not a big problem) the first time i don´t now what as the mission but the second time was when i recolect the prize of the mission garther coins.
play in pc

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I had that occurring as well - it is not age or quest dependent and very irregular and I think it happens more often when I use my low performance PC/Tablet - other than that, I guess it is some kind of communication error with the server (bad internet, high server load, bad PC performance). Sometimes the quests pop up again after some time on their own and at other times a reload was necessary...

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi @marcoags thanks for your report! So far we can't reproduce your issue. Could you let us know if you tried any troubleshooting steps other than refreshing your game? (For example clearing your cache, using a different browser different pc....).
Also, is it always the same quest that is affected or does it seem more random/irregular as beelzebob666 described in the post before mine?

Rusje

Steward
I think it is when you delete the 2 recurring quests at the same time, you'll only get back one, after reload you recieve the second. Happens on browser and on app.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I think it is when you delete the 2 recurring quests at the same time, you'll only get back one, after reload you recieve the second. Happens on browser and on app.
Yes - it might be connected to that - if I remember correctly, there have been occurrences when two quest slots were missing. But I also think I encountered it after a single completed quest as well...

DeletedUser10057

i only have one line of recurring quest,
itsn´t when i delete it is after i gather the prize of the recurring quest,
never happened before not hapening in live server,
but in beta last two days it hapepen one time each day
i didn´t do no other step only refresh, and the problem was solve
as i told i didn´t pay atention with quest was in the first time only in the second time, if it repeats i will say

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10057

after some days without problems today happen again, after i gather the prize of the recourring mission gather coins (some misson that the last time)
next time i will do a screenshot, but basicly in the missions it only appears the mission history,
i tried to go to the colony and come back but didn´t solve the problem only refreshing

DeletedUser10057

once again, after i gather the prize of the recourring mission gather coins

Attachments

• foe 2019-09-03 .png
    foe 2019-09-03 .png
    714 KB · Views: 20

NormaJeane

Viceroy
the disappearance of (recurring) quests is not unique to beta, many of my guildmates on NL experienced the same...
(and reported it to NL support)

DeletedUser10047

I have seen this issue from time to time, both beta and live, but in every single instance I have been able to identify the cause as an interrupted internet connection. (Easy for me to see, as DevTools is always up and it shows as a red line in the Network communications).

DeletedUser10057

it keeps happen, it´s always in the same mission, so i discart bad internet connection,

DeletedUser9022

Happens for me as well, every time if I abort the quests too fast. How to reproduce it on Android:
First swipe away both recurring quests once such that you see the quest's text with the red abort button. If you then click abort on both quests fast, only one recurring quest comes back.

Here is a video:

https://i.imgur.com/AvmM7lE.mp4

Artubar

Baronet
I have seen this issue from time to time, both beta and live, but in every single instance I have been able to identify the cause as an interrupted internet connection...
For me, this is happening on my live world about one out of 70 times when completing and/ or skipping the recurring quests very fast. It's never been a matter of my internet connections, I do have dev tools opened quite often, the quest data always came in as usual, only the client (HTML5 on latest Chrome) couldn't keep up or so it seems...
It never happened to me here on Beta so far, but I have only one quest slot open for recurring quests - whereas on Live, I have 3 slots and quite often completing one quest fulfills the next one.

PS: Please reconsider the various suggestions for the recurring quests such as a "Repeat Quest" button or even a (dropdown) selection mechanism to chose the next quest. I'm quite sure that this would solve this bug as well as the problem of unnecessary clicking madness.
(I was soldering a micro switch from one mouse into another one of the same brand, because with both of them the left mouse button got dysfunctional during the last two years, and I dare to say that I spend 95% of my clicks on annoying repetitive FoE tasks..)

DeletedUser10057

after some tries i could reproduce the error is when i do all the recurring quests after i abort the mission unloking 2 technology, i try
other combinations and the problem didn´t appear only when i do all missions (minus unlock 2 tecs)

1BFA

Viceroy
It happens all the time on live servers, you have to click SLOWLY to avoid the issue. If you happen to click fast to dismiss the rq, rq actually vanishes.