• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
There is just one major problem I see with Quantum Incursions that has me disappointed with it and that is the start time difference. I believe in my time zone the game starts at 2AM...so anyone who is playing at the exact start time has a major advantage over anyone who starts later. To prove my point I had a friend set up a completely new town in beta, alone in their guild, and yesterday started playing in QI...with just 1 and a half nodes completed they flew past where I am on the pass(after 1 and half seasons) and received many "battle" prizes. If you get a late start there is no catching up. So I guess guilds matter and the early bird catches the worm. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to catch up?
Beta uses EU time for everyone, when QI is released to live servers each should have their own start time in the morning local time, like GE, GBG, etc.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The fact that the population bug still hasn't been fixed, 2 weeks since it was first reported, is really unfortunate. It makes playing the settlement and QI in general a completely different experience. You are forced to spend more on happiness and you can't build as many residential buildings you want, so your coins production will be lower. Lower resources means slower progression and fewer resources to spend. You also can't build as many decorations as you want, so fighting will be harder.

Please Inno, make this your #1 priority and fix it ASAP, otherwise the data you gather is worthless from a balancing perspective, and QI has to be tested even longer on Beta before it's released on live.

Ashura Tsunoda

Merchant
Idea: a possibility to look up how we got in QI the during a championship. I think we finished tier 5 last time. But I`m not sure. And I would like to see if our guild improves over time or not. So some kind of recordkeeping would be nice.

e2m2

Squire
Yup. I planted one cottage and stayed on the screen for 1 hour while it was built - no issues with population. But staying on the screen for 10 hours to wait for a villa to build will be a PITA. Or do I just need to be there when it finishes building?
Well, I did stay on the screen for 10 hours while building a Villa. Still, when finished, the Villa gave me 300 population instead of 150. :(

CDmark

Baronet
I know it was mentioned (think Crashboom) but I think we are supposed to have just blue and red battles. I do not recall seeing Blue ones. Has anyone seen them, where your A/D is blue and the enemy too, like in GE5?

I know it was mentioned (think Crashboom) but I think we are supposed to have just blue and red battles. I do not recall seeing Blue ones. Has anyone seen them, where your A/D is blue and the enemy too, like in GE5?
Yes some of the node are blue and some are red.
If you want a picture on page 49 in this thread there is a picture with 3 blue nodes and one red.

They DO use the specific bonus attacking/defensing army. But unless you have decoration most sources of combat bonus give the same amount to both (for now).

Beta uses EU time for everyone, when QI is released to live servers each should have their own start time in the morning local time, like GE, GBG, etc.
the starting time for GE and GBG is horrible on the US servers for anyone not on the eastern seaboard, so I imagine this will be a big problem for us west coasters in the US and Canada like GBG already is.

Traveler64

Squire
I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with an 11 day game venue that mandates a "build and burn, design and demolish, raise and raze, - in 11 days", cycle. Including perpetual restart.

Want more alliteration? Sure. But as to the execution of that strategy?

Count me out. Not fun. Not interesting - NOTHING personal to Inno. Pass on the opportunity as designed.

Nice try, not what I want for my time in life.

why? Here's why:
I'm not built internally for that, nor feel comfortable to play with the concept of time-compressed racing, resulting in net disposable, even with virtual items. I reject the opportunity for myself. I want to build something OF VALUE.

Just like I did in FoE - slow, build, enjoy the intellectual challenge at that level.

Simple.

Don't EVER forget that you're the customer here. Just because they build something, doesn't mean it fits what you want for your money, your time, your temperment, or your life.
"Just because they build something, doesn't mean it fits what you want for your money, your time, your temperment, or your life."

I feel the same way about settlements. To me it is madness that people are fine with doing something like that, 75 playthroughs across 5 settlements over a period of years. I have wished many times that this feature would get completely removed from the game, and yet, everyone has given positive feedback to Innogames by playing them that now they are releasing a new one and obviously, QI is patterned after it. What is not an issue with an existing feature suddenly becomes an issue with QI even though the city in QI is much simpler.

Last edited:
"Just because they build something, doesn't mean it fits what you want for your money, your time, your temperment, or your life."

I feel the same way about settlements. To me it is madness that people are fine with doing something like that, 75 playthroughs across 5 settlements over a period of years. I have wished over the years that this would get completely removed from the game, and yet, everyone has given positive feedback to Innogames by playing them that now they are releasing a new one and obviously, QI is patterned after it. What is not an issue with an existing feature suddenly becomes an issue with QI even though in comparison it is much simpler.
Your math is wrong.
Only viking has 15 repetition required. Japan 13, Egypt 10, Aztech 13, Mughal 10 for a total of 61, not 75.
Most settlement can be completed in 7 to 10 days (more on the first few run then less and less time). Mughal require more (lets say 15 to 20 days). So the total is 2 year as an upper limit. But actually it takes less about one and a half year if you do not pause (I suggest you pause so you don't burn out).

Settlement have a VISIBLE goal and end.

QI might have variation in the future, but they are not VISIBLE NOW!
That makes it look like it is an infinite repetition (like GbG).

GE is an infinite repetition but it is not constant. Once you finish all the level you can do, it ends. GE6-10 might be a problem there.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
The Cultural Settlements were finite, you knew going in how many you needed to accomplish, then - Done. Yes, they were a grind, and that is all I remember hearing from users. I do not remember anyone saying it was a joy to do them or that they would love to do them forever. After each one came out, I do remember cheers of joy in Guild threads as someone finished one and received the fully upgraded building, never to have to do it ever again.

The building was a guarantee for each settlement finished. You were going to get a full level or an Emissary for each completion. There were no ‘fragments; to where you might or might not be able to get a full level as a reward for completing one. There was even a guaranteed reward for finishing in a certain time period.

.At the time, the settlement buildings were the best in the game, and well worth suffering how ever many playthroughs it was. The Yggdrasil is… err… was, 30% Attack, 8 FP, 20 Goods plus coins, medals and supplies in 9 tiles!!! You saw one in most cities!

Users did not have to do them, at all. Nothing else hinged on completing them, it is all strictly personal rewards. Some people never did them, some did all of them and some did only one or two of the settlements. Some people did one run through, said it sucked and never did another. It was a personal choice. There was also no time limit to receive the main reward. You could complete a settlement in a few days or a few years, you would get the same main reward.

Think back to what advice was given to new players: Do the Viking settlement for Yggdrasil. Now, of course, it is not an option for those new players sitting in IA learning the game and building a foundation.

Traveler64

Squire
If they have to be played that many times I wish it were simpler to play, not with all the impediments and trying to shrink more buildings in a limited space, trying to produce all the goods to unlock the research tree and expansions, and having to do it within a specific set of days to get the time bonus, and each settlement having a different playstyle! I can think of settlements as an excuse for a lot of complaints people make on these forums, like some saying events have become more complicated and time-consuming now, oh really, more than settlements? :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
For now at least, but eventually enough people will probably have high enough boosts from settlement and other buildings to be able to defeat them without taking the strongholds.
Probably like GE5’s fortifications. Though players might choose to tackle those strongholds anyways. For the extra rewards.

Battlestar

Farmer
Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, February 1st, you can enjoy the arrival of Quantum Incursions together with the rest of your guild!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Luck is not with me." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
IQ lacks direct competition between guilds. It doesn't matter if it's in duels or like CBD, but as it is at the moment, it's laborious, unattractive and LONG or even LONG.
If you set it up as on other worlds, many are disappointed, even very disappointed.
In addition, there is still no access to players on phones and tablets, a point that is highly anticipated by players.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
In addition, there is still no access to players on phones and tablets, a point that is highly anticipated by players.
Just for your information. This is the Beta server. At the Beta/test server typically features and even events appear very late on mobile. So, unless it isn't available on mobile when it's released at the live servers, we have to be patient before drawing such conclusions

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The Cultural Settlements were finite, you knew going in how many you needed to accomplish, then - Done. Yes, they were a grind, and that is all I remember hearing from users. I do not remember anyone saying it was a joy to do them or that they would love to do them forever. After each one came out, I do remember cheers of joy in Guild threads as someone finished one and received the fully upgraded building, never to have to do it ever again.
I liked doing some settlements.
I did the 15 vikings on 5 worlds including beta because it was the only one, before I got bored. I like to think about making plans for each change like in my main city.
For others it depends on the associated game.
The Japanese merchant is too much based on luck, I don't like the "minesweeper"... but I like the Egyptian fights and the Mughal settlement.
I also liked that the number of repetitions was limited, it gives a goal to achieve with fixed deadlines

For this "quantum" colony I don't find anything attractive, donations or fights 1000 times identical to each person doing in their own corner.
This is intended to be a team game but the "team" aspect is only in the number of participants, not in the fact of playing together (certainly to avoid loading the servers during peaks)