• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

CDmark

Baronet
Hmm, went to check on Quantum Shard cost because with everything being Quantum Shiny new, I didn't Quantum See that we don't get 500 Quantum Shards every new Quantum Season. Well, you are very Quantum Sneaky, you Quantum Spend more diamonds, they cost more than 1 diamond per Quantum Shard. I did manual battles last time and it is already Quantum Super aggravating.

CrashBoom

Legend
Hmm, went to check on Quantum Shard cost because with everything being Quantum Shiny new, I didn't Quantum See that we don't get 500 Quantum Shards every new Quantum Season. Well, you are very Quantum Sneaky, you Quantum Spend more diamonds, they cost more than 1 diamond per Quantum Shard. I did manual battles last time and it is already Quantum Super aggravating.
you get quantum shards every 120 progress :rolleyes:
sometimes even after 60 progress

CDmark

Baronet
you get quantum shards every 120 progress :rolleyes:
sometimes even after 60 progress
Yep but to start city right away I had thought we get 500.
I did have shards for 2 expansions via progress from the last season. I was using Nordes guide, which is a great help, and I didn't have enough for the 3rd expansion. Then I took a look, just to see, what shards cost. That's when I saw it wasn't 1 to 1, diamonds to shards or more shards for diamonds.

Owl II

Emperor
I was counting sameway on these 500 shards to start, so I didn't leave anything from last season. Of course, I will take it out of the pass this season. But the start is delayed again.

Caprea

Merchant
something is strange. My houses should provide 600 habitants, but my butchers need 100. But there are now 600 displayed (upper left corner) and I need 700 euphoria. Why?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
something is strange. My houses should provide 600 habitants, but my butchers need 100. But there are now 600 displayed (upper left corner) and I need 700 euphoria. Why?
The population bug must not be fixed. Sometimes a house gives its population twice. This enables you to use the extra population to build, and demands extra euphoria. But can trap you if you go to sell things in the state where you're using the phantom population.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ahh... here we go again. Seriously, Inno?
If you're not trapped by it yet, I guess the answer for this round is to just buy expansions to build extra rooftiles instead of upgrading to villas. Need the short build-time so that you're reliably there for the finish of construction (which I think not doing that is what triggers the bug - when the house finishes construction in absentia or in a different session or something like that).

@Juber can we get some information on the buildings (like size) by hovering the curser over in the "choose" menu? Although tbh it'd be more fair to the guild if every building was the same size. Some loons early on get the smaller building have that advantage, not sure if theres a difference in pop or cost.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Juber can we get some information on the buildings (like size) by hovering the curser over in the "choose" menu? Although tbh it'd be more fair to the guild if every building was the same size. Some loons early on get the smaller building have that advantage, not sure if theres a difference in pop or cost.
The only difference costwise is ballistae cost twice as much to make as other troops. (Presumably because they're so much more capable of fighting with no losses).

Smaller goods buildings aren't really an advantage though. You should not be keeping your goods and military buildings built, normally. Take advantage of the 10 hr production cycles of normal buildings and the 1s production cycles of goods and barracks. Sell an amphitheater and build what you need when you have some coins and supplies to convert, 1-10 hrs later make your stuff. Then sell it and rebuild the amphitheater before you have to collect again. The same works with butchers if you prefer, mostly. but an amphitheater can afford space to build *any* goods/military production building in its space and the most flexibility in timing when you get on to do your make.

Edit
My initial setup this time around:

1708036037610.png

3 Expansions purchased with shards (100+150+200) - chose ones with no obstacles for now.
1 butcher built, rushed while enthusiastic for 50 shards, to start a tailor.
When tailor completed, rushed 4 times for 75 shards each to build 3 more tailors.

Total 800 shards (all free ones from last season).

The outlined amphitheaters have an unnecessary road connection - which enables them to be sold and replaced with a production building as needed leaving me a 10 hr window to convert coins and supplies.

This is still not a fully optimized start or anything (I know I'm not happy with my layout but I didn't have a fixed plan in mind because I was unsure how many shards I'd have available (it wasn't clear how exactly shards worked from the tooltip - other than that they'd be gone at the end of a championship) - and I had a lot more free shards available from last season that perhaps I should've planned something more). But it's definitely a faster start than last season to have 9 rooftiles and 4 tailors out the gate.

Last edited:

e2m2

Squire
Need the short build-time so that you're reliably there for the finish of construction (which I think not doing that is what triggers the bug - when the house finishes construction in absentia or in a different session or something like that).
Yup. I planted one cottage and stayed on the screen for 1 hour while it was built - no issues with population. But staying on the screen for 10 hours to wait for a villa to build will be a PITA. Or do I just need to be there when it finishes building?