• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Kind of reminds me of the regular settlements, I believe mougals you had to literally destroy your city to level up on the task line to build decos.

Why not let us use the supplies buildings like normal, put our own production times. I have to be on my colony every 8 hours anyway. If I just need a few extra supplies it really sucks to have to wait another day to build.

Aerendil

Squire
Unlike the Settlements you're used to and the main City, the Quantum Settlement requires you to choose Goods and Military Buildings for the current season. Choose carefully, as this selection retains only until the season is over.
Why cant we choose after each settlement again?? Especially on beta where we have to develop tactics first

CDmark

Baronet
QS update
So, I battle in difficulty 6, me 50% A/D (FT) them 100% A/D (they must be taking QS, Quantum Steroids, thought they were banned)
After losing lots of Quantum Soldiers, I win some Quantum Supplies, 471.
I go back to my buildings and look where to Quantum Spend, no options at all.
Then it hit me. We should have a new Quantum Supplies building, the Quantum Snack shop, a 1x1 no road vending machine, that sells Quantum Snickers bars, Quantum Skittles, Quantum Starburst, Quantum Sunchips and Quantum Smarties.
You could even play ads, maybe a Quantum Suitcase (chest already taken) to open in the city and give some QS love, Quantum Stuff.
Ads include
"You are not your Quantum Self when you are hungry and doing manual battles" Quantum Snickers satisfies
"Not going anywhere for a while waiting for your Quantum Supplies" grab a Quantum Snickers
"Quantum Skittles - Quantum Sample the rainbow"

jovada

Regent
When reaching 180 on the quantum pass you receive 10.000 quantum medals used to buy expansions in your quantum city, where are they ? you don't see them on the taskbar and when you try to buy an expansion you have to pay with quantum shards or quantum goods

Oh i see they are on the taskbar in the main city, but same there looking for expansion not a single clue how many you need for one expansion

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
@CDmark - while I wait for some shamrocks to be ferried to the Festival, I got gobsmacked by some Quantum fluctuations as I stared at the circles going round and round in the SPD event ... What do I do when that happens?

Of course, inquiring minds want to know...

I look through my ancient and dusty collection of Quantum music. The Quantum hits just keep on rolling, huh?

Seriously though, the memories of these old hits just fade in an out as the quantum neurons in my brain - either fire or don't. Truth be told - they occasionally have trouble resolving.

Too much superposition when it comes to memories, although it's fun when it's fuzzy and forming and the answer is on the tip of your tongue, but just can't get it perfectly right.

But I digress...

I dusted off my Iron Butterfly CD - wow, .11421 inches of dust on that one. But I had to listen to In-A-Gadda-Da-Quantum again... just had to.

I had fun finding Michael Jackson's "Thriller" CD, because you know he's Mr. Quantum dancer extraordinaire with that moonwalk hustle that we can't seem to figure out because he's going forward AND backward at the same time, in space.

Final platter on the CD turntable tonight is by Queen. Who could deny that the unflagging spirit and theme of Bohemian Rhapsody, was... a Quantum Incursion of the first order - a distant cousin - Quantum Gravity, aka Bohemian Gravity - A Capella.

KMB.

Farmer
Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, February 1st, you can enjoy the arrival of Quantum Incursions together with the rest of your guild!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Luck is not with me." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
How will players outside of Beta, take to having built a monster city, being among top 100 players( or even top 1000 players) want to play a new settlement, starting from the bottom? Players that spent years playing GvG, or game in general, with attack percentages above 2000%, both blue and red, now have to restart at the bottom. What is INNO's goal for this new feature?

KMB.

Farmer
Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, February 1st, you can enjoy the arrival of Quantum Incursions together with the rest of your guild!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Luck is not with me." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
From what i gather, everyone outside of beta, that has built a strong city and guild, has done it for nothing. they will have GvG taken away and stripped down to a brand new Iron Age settlement. so last few years were for nothing?

Kronan

Viceroy
@KMB. Here's my litmus test.

We are "captive" customers for the moment. We have these great cities, and lots of room for Inno to put portals to other things they want to sell us. QI, settlements, PvP Arena, FoE Shop, etc.

Not to mention portals to the GE venue, GbG Menu, Auction dealer, etc.

Portals everywhere. We can't say no.

But my litmus test for this product comes from independently evaluating it as if I were a new player looking for an experience such as QI defines.

Let's say it's JUST an app in the apps store, or Google play store - NOT tied to your FoE city. Would it interest you?

What if MTG came out with a new game called QI - not part of FoE at all. Would you start playing it? Be interested in it?

See? That's my point. We're captive - it's on our desktop in our 3, 5, 7, 10 year old city and Inno gets a chance to "capture" you with it first.

If you don't like it - like I don't - it's another artifact sitting in your cityspace that will have a flag to entice you - but you say no to.. Or peek at it once in a while to see if you really don't like it, or have changed your mind.

Emberguard

Emperor
What if MTG came out with a new game called QI - not part of FoE at all. Would you start playing it? Be interested in it?

At the moment the two main things working against it is it feels skewed too much towards pay-to-win and too slow to gain momentum on free-to-play
  • Also no way of knowing the costs for Unit and Goods buildings until after you've already picked something, and some of those are more costly to do something with
Like with all of InnoGames games, if it were an entirely separate game it would be too similar to Forge of Empires to capture my attention when I'm already in Forge of Empires. But if I weren't playing Forge of Empires it might interest me with further refinement as its own thing. Just right now it's not scratching that itch

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis

if I weren't playing Forge of Empires it might interest me with further refinement as its own thing

For me, this is the major issue with it in this form. It’s divorced from the main city, another game entirely. I would have been happier seeing the QI city as a separate new settlement that I could have played or not, and the QI map being available off the back of the main city, which is what I play FoE for. I don’t understand the logic behind the combination here at all, except to give a reason for introducing a paid pass. And that in turn is a big turnoff.

Arch1e

Marquis
If I take away anything from reading the forum comments and also the less active discussion on the Discord server, it’s that this feature is in no way ready for live launch, even with the bug fixes. Maybe a full ‘championship’ time is needed to fine tune how it works, but the vision also needs to be rethought. Entice the players, don’t make it something people can get excited about because it looks a bit fresher than the other things it has jumbled together. The basic idea of an exploration map is good. Use that, and make it workable with the cities people are here to play with. Preferably make a competition of who captures the castle/beats the boss/dominates the map in the end. Make it several bosses, prizes according to points accrued for fighting them. Everything else, separate out and make it a different game, or a new settlement.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If I take away anything from reading the forum comments and also the less active discussion on the Discord server, it’s that this feature is in no way ready for live launch, even with the bug fixes. Maybe a full ‘championship’ time is needed to fine tune how it works, but the vision also needs to be rethought. Entice the players, don’t make it something people can get excited about because it looks a bit fresher than the other things it has jumbled together. The basic idea of an explorariion map is good. Use that, and make it workable with the cities people are here to play with. Preferably make a competition of who captures the castle/beats the boss/dominates the map in the end. Make it several bosses, prizes according to points accrued for fighting them. Everything else, separate out and make it a different game, or a new settlement.
Honestly I doubt that much of a complete rethink is in the cards. This is something that's coming whether we want it or not I think.

I think having the settlement state last for a championship instead of just a round would do a lot to ease some of the complaints. Building up from scratch every 11 days is a lot of repetitive "hard work" (not really hard, more monotonous - same complaint I have about settlements as a whole; doing them once or twice can be fun; doing them 15 times *vomit*). But if it were every 2.5-3 months? Getting it built up well and strong in the first round to last for a few months could be a reasonable motivation to try hard at optimizing it as opposed to "just do enough to satisfactorily last the round". I guess that might interfere with their vision for different incursions being selected from round to round as they would presumably come from different ages and therefore need completely different settlements. Perhaps that could be a guild choice too though - some guilds might change more frequently and their members would have to redo their settlements, while other guilds might choose to stick to one for the championship to lighten the load. And maybe try a different one next championship.

I think the concept itself is lousy too though. Basically "Team Settlement Building" - and settlements aren't much of an appreciated feature. The map is about as boring as it could be - just a check on what the guild's settlements are capable of doing, not that I have any idea to spice it up - I don't like the idea of it being a race as that would further emphasize the P2W aspects of the feature.

I just can't imagine they're going to be willing to scrap the whole thing though - so in a month or two it's probably going live, and not terribly different from what we have now.

Arch1e

Marquis
Honestly I doubt that much of a complete rethink is in the cards. This is something that's coming whether we want it or not I think.

I think having the settlement state last for a championship instead of just a round would do a lot to ease some of the complaints. Building up from scratch every 11 days is a lot of repetitive "hard work" (not really hard, more monotonous - same complaint I have about settlements as a whole; doing them once or twice can be fun; doing them 15 times *vomit*). But if it were every 2.5-3 months? Getting it built up well and strong in the first round to last for a few months could be a reasonable motivation to try hard at optimizing it as opposed to "just do enough to satisfactorily last the round". I guess that might interfere with their vision for different incursions being selected from round to round as they would presumably come from different ages and therefore need completely different settlements. Perhaps that could be a guild choice too though - some guilds might change more frequently and their members would have to redo their settlements, while other guilds might choose to stick to one for the championship to lighten the load. And maybe try a different one next championship.

I think the concept itself is lousy too though. Basically "Team Settlement Building" - and settlements aren't much of an appreciated feature. The map is about as boring as it could be - just a check on what the guild's settlements are capable of doing, not that I have any idea to spice it up - I don't like the idea of it being a race as that would further emphasize the P2W aspects of the feature.

I just can't imagine they're going to be willing to scrap the whole thing though - so in a month or two it's probably going live, and not terribly different from what we have now.
That is my fear. I’ve been trying to voice my view of what would be welcome as a ‘replacement’ of GvG - not something similar, but just another feature that everyone could play, for a limited time a day and that would be guild oriented. That’s kind of there, but the way they devised it is completely off. I also don’t like settlements, I used to play them as the buildings were worth it. Now they aren’t and they are tedious even after you start getting 4x productions. That is potentially the worst aspect in all of this, someone thinking that doing settlements as a team would be fun. Maybe your idea of the settlement at least lasting the full championship and being improved on through that would be something, but I doubt that will be implemented either.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Arch1e - Agree with @xivarmy - this is what's for dinner.

Basically the ship's already sailed on doing large design changes. It was conceived, approved by Sr executives inside the company and teams went to work to build it.

That being said, as a software development professional, I am sure there is some wiggle room on some things, if they're convinced of their value and will make the product better, adoption deeper, and the potential revenue opportunity be better.
For example, with a bit of rework in the internal math (among other things), it's possible that the concept of "destroying" the city in 11 day, then resting 3, could be adjusted to something with a little more longevity. like making it fit the championship timeframe, vs a short 11 day season.

If changing things to be a bit more palatable encourages a re-look or a warming of opinions to better fit the product into the current FoE player base, it might sway them to undertake those changes.

But the DNA is printed on QI. It's not like they would say "oops - we really misjudged our community wanting this .." nope. Not going to see that from our vantage point. Inside the company - maybe - but it's too early to say that.

Right now it's new. Lots of "tire kickers" to see what new thing FoE cooked up.

But the true test is 3 months when the shine wears off, and 6 months too - when they'll be looking at the the portal to see how many have cobwebs on them.

estrid

Baronet
Euphoria was at 450 (3 amphitheaters), now I'm building an aqueduct and euphoria has dropped to 225. Why?
The same: I started building Victory pillar and euphoria dropped
-- Doh, looked again and those are smiling faces are under 'costs'

Last edited:

iphi

Farmer
I think Inno is making a huge mistake here. I have been playing since 2014. If they think that QI will keep GvG players onboard then they are sadly mistaken. I know that Inno dont appear to be concerned about losing those players because only 5%? play it, but they are not thinking about the effect it will have on the guilds. I do not play GvG because of time of recalc, but i donate goods and add armies and drops etc. If the GvG players in my guild stop playing, which is openly being spoken about, then i will stop playing as well. They are my friends and i will go with them to whatever game we find that resembles FoE of old.

Arch1e

Marquis
I think Inno is making a huge mistake here. I have been playing since 2014. If they think that QI will keep GvG players onboard then they are sadly mistaken. I know that Inno dont appear to be concerned about losing those players because only 5%? play it, but they are not thinking about the effect it will have on the guilds. I do not play GvG because of time of recalc, but i donate goods and add armies and drops etc. If the GvG players in my guild stop playing, which is openly being spoken about, then i will stop playing as well. They are my friends and i will go with them to whatever game we find that resembles FoE of old.
The only way we will know what happens is if they actually walk out. That has been threatened so many times, nobody takes it seriously anymore. I do believe that @Kronan and @xivarmy are correct, it’s not going to change, much as I hope it would since I could see how this could be both exciting and fun, rather than something they’ll have to come back to in a few months when it’s failed. Anyone remember Vikings in its first iteration? Changed after half of a normal play through of the full settlement, to reflect that people seemed to mainly be doing the first attempts to get the fps and then close it. Mindblowingly dull and still people stuck with it for the Yggdrasil building but how many even open it now?