• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

MATR

Squire
The settlement is so boring.
And in my opinion manual battles are too.
I agree I'm not excited about building the settlement and that it takes forever to construct anything and whatever you do build only lasts 11 days. It takes much personal time to figure out what is the best thing to build next and how to get your city euphoria up. The lack of instructions and guidance has steered many in our guild to try and build troops straight off without consideration of euphoria. As a result their cities have low euphoria and constrained productions from 20-40% euphoria multipliers. I agree manually fighting is super boring particularly with the current AI battle command that targets a single troop to kill. This AI change has ruined all battles in FOE for me. None of them are fun. I used to take great pride in being able to finish a battle with no troop loss by hiding, using terrain features and proper troop selection. As it now, it hardly makes any difference. On live, attackers ignore rogues standing right in front of them and run around to the back of the field to kill my real troop trying to hide. Here with no rogues, the fast troops still swarm a single troop trying to make sure you lose at least one so you can spend $$ to revive it because you CAN'T build another one. You only get to build 2 military barracks. It is a rigged game to make you spend money.
The whole QI takes way too much time, manual battles are slow and the time it takes to organize/build the QI city is just too much on top of GE, GBG, EVENTS, aid your friends, contribute to GB, read guild messages, socialize (not much), pvp, settlements, daily quests, city collection and main city construction. At least with my main city the time I spend to arrange and construct it stays for months or years. We don't know what Season 2 will look like but if I have to start over with the same blank city I will scream. It would be better if we kept our city for the whole championship, then it would show much more of a difference between people who spent the effort to make an efficient city versus those who just went for the quick kill.
Bottomline, I spend my time where I get the greatest return for the time invested. There is not enough for everything so I have to choose. I currently don't do pvp because the prizes are a joke. I play and spend money on events because the prizes are generally really good. I do gbg because of the fp it generates. So far the amount of time required for QI versus what I've won is a miserable return. I've already decided I'm not going to waste time fighting and will build my city to make resources for contributions as that seems like less time for the same returns. If after the first season I don't get some amazing and incredible prizes (it doesn't appear like I will get much of anything) I invest anymore time on QI.

mcbluefire

Baronet
I just realized one more thing I didn't initially grab. Decorations *cost* happiness instead of provide it. I thought I wasn't going to use arches and instead go direct to aqueducts. Just planted my first one and noticed my enthusiastic drop and went to re-read the description on them and see that the happiness was under costs... I think something more obvious than the section it's in should be applied because decorations costing happiness instead of providing it isn't the state of affairs we're used to. Perhaps something like an Angry Face instead of a smiling face.

So going quickly to getting more boost from your settlement is less practical than I thought it was. And things like forgotten temple are even more valuable than I thought they were.

Yeah, don't you love the inversion of the understood mechanism of a decoration that has been in the game for 12 years as *providing* happiness. ROFL. But you know we have to attack with defense as the defender is actually attacking us!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Building up a side city every 2 weeks already annoys me as f*** .

"Choose wisely" ---> on which base should I do that? :D Good joke haha :D

You need coins and supplies to make them anyways, so you don't have to make the decision immediately. Talk to your guild about who's doing what. And then decide based on what your guild needs (or possibly in the case of troops what you want to fight with, even if it's not boosted for a node).

Shelby GT500

Merchant
I agree I'm not excited about building the settlement and that it takes forever to construct anything and whatever you do build only lasts 11 days. It takes much personal time to figure out what is the best thing to build next and how to get your city euphoria up. The lack of instructions and guidance has steered many in our guild to try and build troops straight off without consideration of euphoria. As a result their cities have low euphoria and constrained productions from 20-40% euphoria multipliers. I agree manually fighting is super boring particularly with the current AI battle command that targets a single troop to kill. This AI change has ruined all battles in FOE for me. None of them are fun. I used to take great pride in being able to finish a battle with no troop loss by hiding, using terrain features and proper troop selection. As it now, it hardly makes any difference. On live, attackers ignore rogues standing right in front of them and run around to the back of the field to kill my real troop trying to hide. Here with no rogues, the fast troops still swarm a single troop trying to make sure you lose at least one so you can spend $$ to revive it because you CAN'T build another one. You only get to build 2 military barracks. It is a rigged game to make you spend money.
The whole QI takes way too much time, manual battles are slow and the time it takes to organize/build the QI city is just too much on top of GE, GBG, EVENTS, aid your friends, contribute to GB, read guild messages, socialize (not much), pvp, settlements, daily quests, city collection and main city construction. At least with my main city the time I spend to arrange and construct it stays for months or years. We don't know what Season 2 will look like but if I have to start over with the same blank city I will scream. It would be better if we kept our city for the whole championship, then it would show much more of a difference between people who spent the effort to make an efficient city versus those who just went for the quick kill.
Bottomline, I spend my time where I get the greatest return for the time invested. There is not enough for everything so I have to choose. I currently don't do pvp because the prizes are a joke. I play and spend money on events because the prizes are generally really good. I do gbg because of the fp it generates. So far the amount of time required for QI versus what I've won is a miserable return. I've already decided I'm not going to waste time fighting and will build my city to make resources for contributions as that seems like less time for the same returns. If after the first season I don't get some amazing and incredible prizes (it doesn't appear like I will get much of anything) I invest anymore time on QI.
It seems that after 12 years, developers still haven't understood that customers only spend money, buying diamonds, if the product is good. As this IQ is nothing more than a 2.0 version of the cultural colony, what were they waiting for? Miracles? That we are all idiots to the point of wasting money on IQ? Wake up to life...
Bring us something similar, similar to the current GvG, playable on mobile, and the reception will certainly be very different...
Don't forget that without a good product, there is no €€€ in the InnoGames account.

MATR

Squire
Inno QI Release Scoreboard:
20 pages of negative comments with only 1 commenter saying they liked the new feature- they got 2 upvotes, so out of everyone that has commented there are 3 people who like QI.
My results - spent a stack of $$ already because I built the wrong stuff in my city and selected the wrong military buildings to start, have lost interest in fighting - it takes too long and very hard to not spend more $$ to heal troops, prize results - zip, nothing for 10 or more hours of time, screwed up my event city because i rushed - now have shipyard at level 304 - bummer an extra hour to finish but at least I get some prizes.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If I at least could make own decisions for my own strategy, but no. The QI planners will tell each member what to build and produce. You are more or less playing alone , following other peoples plan? :D yeaaah, thats the fun I seek :D
I think there's some room for different plans in terms of how to build the settlement without just doing as you're told:

- focusing on goods vs fighting (some people might have strong preferences one way or the other - as long as you don't have too many people doing only one aspect there is room for some people to focus on one aspect)
- fighting using featured-troops vs just the troops that work best for the age; if going featured troops you may want to coordinate it like goods - but particularly in a larger guild I'm not sure how important action points are (in a smaller guild you probably need to squeeze every bit of value you can get out of action points).
- ramping up for more capacity later in the season or having stuff to use now so you don't waste action points.
- action points production (residences) vs fighting boosts (happiness-sucking decorations)
- expansions vs upgrades

But which goods to make? Yes that makes sense to coordinate (which probably means leaders telling you who's doing which goods in many guilds - could just be a thread where people announce what they've chosen so later people can look and see what hasn't been being picked very much - or even waiting til there's a node that seems to be going slow to pick your goods boost).

But there's nothing strategically interesting about picking your own goods anyways. Your goods buildings will be temporary constructions when you want to convert some coins & supplies into them so it's not like it matters much what size they are and they're otherwise identical. The featured resources are just a mechanic to ensure people have something to coordinate.

-Sushi-

Farmer
Inno QI Release Scoreboard:
20 pages of negative comments with only 1 commenter saying they liked the new feature- they got 2 upvotes, so out of everyone that has commented there are 3 people who like QI.
My results - spent a stack of $$ already because I built the wrong stuff in my city and selected the wrong military buildings to start, have lost interest in fighting - it takes too long and very hard to not spend more $$ to heal troops, prize results - zip, nothing for 10 or more hours of time, screwed up my event city because i rushed - now have shipyard at level 304 - bummer an extra hour to finish but at least I get some prizes.

a good indication that it will indeed go live :D

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I like the fact as a player from 2012 it takes you back to that time, strategy, limited battles, waiting to amass stuff till you can move forward, not endlessly clicking, looking to see what you have in your inventory that means you can do 1,2 maybe if you are lucky 3 more fights at the end of a day when you already did around 500

but maybe a lot of the newer playerbase especially mobile players aren't looking for that in a game that was hacked to death to attract a younger more instant reward oriented player with an open wallet

yes the world moves on, games evolve, and we who loved the chess side of FoE may have to accept that we will be in the minority in celebrating IQ's attempt to take the game back to it's roots

MATR

Squire
why can't I see how long it takes to heal troops?
Why do I have to pay QA before I see the battle? I can't know if I have enough troops to win unless i see what I'm battling.
Manual fighting sux, the AI sux, I hate the fighting. YES HATE is a STRONG word I HATE the fighting. I managed to do 4 fights today without spending money to heal troops, my 4 artillery took damage on two of them and I can't get more because I didn't pick ballista on day one, and I can't switch. horse-dung. I HATE the fight system.
The more I play QI the more I dislike the whole game. Not just QI but the whole game. QI is such a time drain for so little rewards. The interface is irritating. The building the city is irritating. The time it is taking away from my main city is irritating. The concept that you only have to visit the city twice a day is BS, When you build stuff that takes a hour to build it throws off the 10hr cycle, I got stuff that finishes at different times. Today I can now click the town hall and see it produces coins and supplies on a 24 hour cycle. What? everything else is 10 hours but HQ is 24, more irritation.
Here's your feedback. After 7 or 8 months of hype, you developed a lame result. I can't believe the number of errors and omissions in the release, I can't believe the lack of instructions or even basic guidance. I can't believe the miserable time consuming game play. What focus group thought this was a good addition? Did you do a focus group or did you use in-house EXPERTS? If my development team came up with this after 7 months they would be fired, In 7 months I expect perfection. This is nowhere near ready for prime time. IT IS NOT FUN.

MATR

Squire
I can do 20 battles a minute in gbg and win about 30 fp, in QI I can do 1 battle in 2 minutes and win 18 fp or 26 goods, which sounds more productive?
So far in 2 days I've managed to "win" what? there is no place to see your prize total, no incentive to play more, the pay line shows I got>> never mind, what's the point of complaining i got to get back to the St. Pats event.
Payline results: 10K quantum medals that you can't use for anything, 100shard, 10K more medals, 1 finish special prod. 4 prizes in 2 days. 2 I can't use, 1 is for the QI event and 1 that has worth for my main city. Absolute low return junk results for the time and effort invested. You best get some use for the Q-Medals quick , I'm about done with QI , not much point continuing this city since i choose the wrong troop type. Maybe try next season and see if I do better. When will we learn the value of QUANTUM MEDALS? This nonsense of saying they will be used for your main city LATER is childish. is that suppose to hook me on QI. It doesn't it, just irritates me.

mintbunnies

Farmer
I like the fact as a player from 2012 it takes you back to that time, strategy, limited battles, waiting to amass stuff till you can move forward, not endlessly clicking, looking to see what you have in your inventory that means you can do 1,2 maybe if you are lucky 3 more fights at the end of a day when you already did around 500

but maybe a lot of the newer playerbase especially mobile players aren't looking for that in a game that was hacked to death to attract a younger more instant reward oriented player with an open wallet

yes the world moves on, games evolve, and we who loved the chess side of FoE may have to accept that we will be in the minority in celebrating IQ's attempt to take the game back to it's roots
There is nothing stopping you from doing this. You can create another town, keep it in iron age, and fight in manual battles.

For myself I and wondering what is "quantum" about iron age. I was rather expecting something sci-fi. Even settlements have unique graphics and game play.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There is nothing stopping you from doing this. You can create another town, keep it in iron age, and fight in manual battles.

For myself I and wondering what is "quantum" about iron age. I was rather expecting something sci-fi. Even settlements have unique graphics and game play.
I think the idea is we're time-travelling back to the iron age to do this. Which isn't very "quantum", but is kinda scifi :p

Kronan

Viceroy
Future era seems to fit better into a "quantum" setting.... Fusion reactors, etc.

There's even a "Quantum Communications" tech item in the track. Would have been perfect.

Besides, there would be a lot less complains to start fighting with hover tanks - everyone's favy warrior. Especially on manual. I would rock and roll all day long.