• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

mcbluefire

Baronet
I think there's a good point to dropping a ballista barracks after your first 10 hour productions. Get yourself a small pile of ballistas so you can do some 8xballista manual-zero-loss fights and use up action points that otherwise would go to waste early on.

I'm also not sure just how much coins and supplies you need. As a 1-person-guild, my math came out showing me as running out of action points most likely instead of coins/supplies - even if I never upgrade any of my buildings past the first tier. A larger guild might need more boost though as they go to higher difficulties, or larger amounts of goods donated per action.
I disagree, but that is what is fun about strategy. I'm going to focus on upping my production, replacing my lower tier buildings with higher tier buildings, then move to goods production to get more space and then finally add military buildings and with my productions at that point I should be a much higher contributor than anyone who chose to balance production with goods and armies early on. Last night I produce over 100K supplies on the original footprint+two expansions so I bought an arch and nuked my theatres. That permitted me to add one more production building. In ten more hours I'll have over 100K again and will use that to upgrade housing and add more production, rinse/repeat.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Here's my feedback.

#1 This is NOT a guild system, unless you focus on the guild power reward which is useless to L100 guilds. This is a settlement that lasts 11 days and needs the guild to help us do well on personal rewards. (hmm, that kind of sounds like Battlegrounds...)
  • The ridiculous twist of making it a settlement with guild ranking for more prizes (while interesting) is just providing a reward system for top guilds and furthering the divide between players who love being in a huge highly engaged guild versus those who want to be in smaller guilds and come play for the personal interaction. Of course these rankings will 100% be pay to win.
  • Battlegrounds should have had rewards for the championship rank finish - but it doesn't so why does QI?
  • The landing for each visit to QI should be the settlement - that's what needs attention first.
  • Why is there no button for QI on the main city UI? Obvious candidate is the old GVG map location.
  • When are guild levels past 100 being added? While they don't need to have any further stats let's let guilds show off how far they have worked together. "Woah, they are level 205? Good grief!"
  • Once we get past the initial hurdles of figuring out the system and provide the recipe for success to our guildmates this will just be another boring chore to complete every two weeks. A chore that will require policing by the guild leaders because guild members want to get more of the new buildings and thus minimum participation will be set and folks removed due to not hittin expectations. This sound like fun to anyone?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I disagree, but that is what is fun about strategy. I'm going to focus on upping my production, replacing my lower tier buildings with higher tier buildings, then move to goods production to get more space and then finally add military buildings and with my productions at that point I should be a much higher contributor than anyone who chose to balance production with goods and armies early on. Last night I produce over 100K supplies on the original footprint+two expansions so I bought an arch and nuked my theatres. That permitted me to add one more production building. In ten more hours I'll have over 100K again and will use that to upgrade housing and add more production, rinse/repeat.
I just realized one more thing I didn't initially grab. Decorations *cost* happiness instead of provide it. I thought I wasn't going to use arches and instead go direct to aqueducts. Just planted my first one and noticed my enthusiastic drop and went to re-read the description on them and see that the happiness was under costs... I think something more obvious than the section it's in should be applied because decorations costing happiness instead of providing it isn't the state of affairs we're used to. Perhaps something like an Angry Face instead of a smiling face.

So going quickly to getting more boost from your settlement is less practical than I thought it was. And things like forgotten temple are even more valuable than I thought they were.

How are you to choose wisely if you don't know what's ahead? I built Solder and Archery. Am I able to delete and choose differently?

...also, in two weeks, is everything wiped out to start all over?

Only long term builds are in a city that's already full? Are we getting more expansions in the main city?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There are many guilds with fewer than 10 members, which will exclude many people from this function.
If buildings in future events give bonuses for this, these events will lose interest for small guilds
They're not excluded from the feature - the people counts are a "recommendation" not a requirement. I'm testing it in a guild of 1 on beta atm. I anticipate being able to finish 1 difficulty this first time through, but there's some possibility I could maybe make it through a 2nd with optimization (depending on how many action points I can make out of the settlement and how much more demanding difficulty 2 is). If your guild of say 3-5 people were highly active and efficient, I think they could get a lot more done than the "recommendation" implies.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I just realized one more thing I didn't initially grab. Decorations *cost* happiness instead of provide it. I thought I wasn't going to use arches and instead go direct to aqueducts. Just planted my first one and noticed my enthusiastic drop and went to re-read the description on them and see that the happiness was under costs... I think something more obvious than the section it's in should be applied because decorations costing happiness instead of providing it isn't the state of affairs we're used to. Perhaps something like an Angry Face instead of a smiling face.
What ! I did not realize that ! In this case, decorations should come with a big warning sign.
I was disapointed to see GVG go, and was trying very hard to stay positive about QI but Inno is making it difficult to be happy about this new "thing". I'm (almost) sure that the next season will be better for most as we'll have learn of our mistakes. But maybe many will just give up.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How are you to choose wisely if you don't know what's ahead? I built Solder and Archery. Am I able to delete and choose differently?

...also, in two weeks, is everything wiped out to start all over?

Only long term builds are in a city that's already full? Are we getting more expansions in the main city?
You cannot rechoose for the current season. But you can coordinate with your guild to make sure other choices are covered between everyone - if they're worth covering (fighting with few losses vs taking less actions is an interesting tradeoff).

And yes, the settlement will be wiped out in 2 weeks. Though it appears shards transfer between incursions until the end of a championship. So you may want to save shards to get a fast start on next settlement.

Quantum Medals are supposed to give us more expansions in the main city, but not yet implemented.

kaluha

Merchant
Text From the beta announcement:

" the Node rewards

Every encounter listed above has a chance to give you with a reward. Depending on the difficulty of the node, the rewards will vary and may include combinations of the following resources: "

I participated in almost every node that was cleared by my guild. I did not notice getting any reward. Where can you see that?

Overall I think it would be nice if there are more rewards individually. Now there is only building and waiting for the prizes to come in after 10 days.
So I would like it if there are more prizes also for building, upgrading your city, the fighting and so on.
I do not have any buildings that gives fighting-power, so the amount of fighting I can do is limited and costs a lot of lives, so it takes a lot of energy and supplies to create new army.
My advise to spice it up: give more rewards during the season for building and fighting.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Text From the beta announcement:

" the Node rewards

Every encounter listed above has a chance to give you with a reward. Depending on the difficulty of the node, the rewards will vary and may include combinations of the following resources: "

I participated in almost every node that was cleared by my guild. I did not notice getting any reward. Where can you see that?

Overall I think it would be nice if there are more rewards individually. Now there is only building and waiting for the prizes to come in after 10 days.
So I would like it if there are more prizes also for building, upgrading your city, the fighting and so on.
I do not have any buildings that gives fighting-power, so the amount of fighting I can do is limited and costs a lot of lives, so it takes a lot of energy and supplies to create new army.
My advise to spice it up: give more rewards during the season for building and fighting.
There's a 40% chance with every advancement you do to get an individual reward. I get popups regularly - often with stuff to further the QI (quantum coins/supplies/actions) - but occasionally also 26 FP or 34 goods.

1706903467947.png

Specifically that (the chest is doubled too if you're doing a boosted version of the advancement).

Shelby GT500

Merchant
And again, if you want to see an excelent gvg system where each member of the guild and their decisions taken (related to how their cities are) are extremeley important, search for the EvE system of a game named underworld empire.

This is a lot better than GbG and QI:
But for that to happen it was necessary that whoever thought of this idiocy cared about the players who pay them their salaries...

kaluha

Merchant
There's a 40% chance with every advancement you do to get an individual reward. I get popups regularly - often with stuff to further the QI (quantum coins/supplies/actions) - but occasionally also 26 FP or 34 goods.

View attachment 10790

Specifically that (the chest is doubled too if you're doing a boosted version of the advancement).
Ooooh, I would like that too, I have never seen this screen.
Especially rewards that help me with this quantumgame.
I am really active, I do the fights where they double the bonus, but the chestrewards alone take ages, to get something.

So, I am making my point one more time ;):
this game needs more rewards (individiually and for the guild I think) in the building and fighting actions.

kaluha

Merchant
is there a connection with the oracle of delphi and quantum?
It looks like there is because the oracle is mentioned in the announcement of quantum.

Question about QS. After doing some Quantum Sleeping, I figured I would check in on the guild, some Quantum Snooping. They took a node after the one I attacked before my quantum sleep. I clicked it and it shows, 1500 move.

View attachment 10787

So, why would I have the options to move, pay 1500 Quantum Stopwatches to enter a closed node? I think I did yesterday. Went in, spent, then realized there was nothing to do, felt Quantum Stupid.

So, Quantum Suggestion, remove the move 1500 quantum stopwatches so people don't make mistakes.
If you try to move to 2 nodes further away you must pay 3,000 action points. Let's say you are down to 2,000 points. Then you can still move 1 node closer to where you want to go. That's the purpose of moving to cleared nodes. Not that it's very costly. Most of us have ample action points to move around, since we're close to being bankrupt in quantum supplies and coins.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Did I get it right? No auto battle , only manual fights? Or no fights at all?
You can autobattle. But since you have limited troops at the start and most of your city's boost doesn't apply, you probably *shouldn't* autobattle in order to conserve them.

e2m2

Squire
is there a connection with the oracle of delphi and quantum?
It looks like there is because the oracle is mentioned in the announcement of quantum.
If Oracle of Delphi suddenly became the most desirable GB on FOE, now that would be something. :)

big snafu

Farmer
How the hell is QI even interesting? After spending 10 years building out my city why would I want to start another "side" city that poofs in 11 days? Where is the guild working together to succeed here? It's all individual play and you're just making another PITA (pain in the ass) system that I have to deal with and there's no rewards or relevance to your main city. I'm just devastated that this is what you think we want!!!! I'm a GvG player on Arvahall and the excitement of reset and getting on discord with guild-mates to address a fluid situation is now gone from the game. Where the GvG players have developed a strong sense of community, QI in no way fills that void of removing GvG.

I'm in a 3 person guild in beta and there's no way we're even going to be able to complete the 1st node.

You're about to lose many long time players.