• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Uvuli

Merchant
It takes many contributions to complete a node. You probably did 1 (or a few), but it takes at least 130 progress (minimum 65 actions if they're all of the type with a "bonus"). But your individual actions will have moved your pass progress along a little too.

You need to use your quantum settlement city to make more coins and supplies. And to turn some of those coins and supplies into goods and troops to be able to keep contributing to nodes. I don't know if the 1 second productions are intended - but if they are you only need to build a goods/military building for a few moments where you want to briefly convert some coins/supplies. Then you can sell off the goods/barracks and rebuild more supply producers again.

You're only allowed to select 2 goods and 2 military buildings of the 5 possible to build. You may want to coordinate with your guild to make sure you have people well suited to different tasks with different boosts (though on military it is a good question whether having inferior units boosted is any better than just using better units that clear the fights easier but take twice as many fights).
Thank you very much for clarifying that! I now understand it a bit better.

Uvuli

Merchant
I can't see the coins in my city; there is a bar over it with fp's on it.

Update: the bar moves over the coins after I build someting in my town. When I go back to my real city, and then go back to QI city, the bar is gone. Then, when I built another building, the bar moves once again over the coins.

Attachments

• cant see coins.png
    cant see coins.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Ev4ma

Farmer
I can't see the coins in my city; there is a bar over it with fp's on it.

Update: the bar moves over the coins after I build someting in my town. When I go back to my real city, and then go back to QI city, the bar is gone. Then, when I built another building, the bar moves once again over the coins.
thats foe helper

Dominas

Farmer
I'm reminded of all the outraged players when Guild Expedition Level 5 was introduced (many are here on this thread). The outrage died down there, and it will here, after players get used to the newness.
before the introduction of level 5, many guilds fought for the cup... now they just abandoned this matter... they canceled the mandatory passage... they let the situation go and stopped even mentioning it

Kronan

Viceroy
I'm reminded of all the outraged players when Guild Expedition Level 5 was introduced (many are here on this thread). The outrage died down there, and it will here, after players get used to the newness.
Our outrage allowed INNO to listen to our concerns, and just as we adapted to them, THEY ADAPTED to us. Note changes to events, rewards, etc getting to and succeeding in GE 5. Nobody likes having the wool pulled over their eyes. The concept of using city defender stats in GE 5 was a hail mary pass.

That was eventually caught, but bobbled a bit before it was safely tucked away. So a year later, people held their nose and said the water aint so bad - and many routinely do GE 5. Many still do NOT, or can't.

Their own data on how we played allowed them to advance stronger buildings to keep us engaged in GE 5.

In fact, GE extensions and higher levels planned via the recent roadmap they shared are a direct result of our feedback, privately AND publicly.

First blush on QI misses (so far) on many levels. It disregards all the work we've done and money we've expended in the main game, to fashion a new game. The bridge from FoE proper, to QI is shaky at best.

QI should have just been a new game. It's not yet got any roots (except feeble ones) in the original game of FoE - except a portal on my city landscape.

This seems to be about: Either you like it, or LEARN to like it.

Last edited:

paraskevas8

Farmer
A lot of people didn't like it when the 5 level Guild Expedition came in because the diamond rewards changed... Not so much for the 5th...
The 5th level is quite good (except for the diamond issue) and most players can finish it...
However, the game takes a different path...
little by little it will start to become more of a pay to win game... It won't be long before we see GBG pass if it will be successful in this here...
GVG is also leaving, So they don't stay here much stuff left here anymore to deserve...
In a few months if nothing important changes...
I will not continue the game...Like many others I know...
I started playing another game...From what he has become now...
Shame inno, nothing else...
You don't know how to keep a game alive...
Your manager is useless...
Good luck to all Where will they continue...

Logain Sedai

Baronet
The (big) difference here is that for GE5 many (including me) complained about the difficulty of the encounters. For QI it is more than that: the mechanics are not clear, not explained clearly (or at all). This should not have been implemented so soon, before Inno was ready and confident that it was playable.
Also this is a P2W feature.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
“Outrage” is kind of a dramatic choice of words. I prefer dissatisfaction, and it is still there. The users in my world of bearing have all just accepted that it will not change and given up on trying to convince the company as such. That does not mean they like it, just that they realize it is futile to continue to protest. I would think adding more levels to it will bring the more vocal opponents back out and posting.

I have no idea if anyone was convinced it is now a good thing and a valuable part of the game. For myself, I consider it part of my contribution of being in a particular Guild. They would like members to do a certain amount, I am a willing participant so do what is required to help my Guild. 16, 64, 80 or whatever the top number is. If it is required, I keep going until it tells me I have finished.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
My initial impression of Quantum Incursions is not good. There is a serve lack of documentation to assist in testing. I am stepping in completely blind as to what the user is supposed to be doing besides:

The feature creates a new goal for the Guilds: to make their way through different encounters on the Quantum Map to win rewards, using special units and new currency introduced by the feature. And, of course, to make their way to the top of the Quantum Leaderboard.”

Let’s start with clicking on the Quantum Incursion portal in the main city. Where is it supposed to bring me, to my new city or the Quantum Map? Upon my first time entering, there was not pop up tutorial. Was there supposed to be one? What is a user supposed to do once they arrive in the Quantum Map? Is there a protocol of steps needed to start?

I am unable to tell if anything is working as expected, because I have no idea what is expected. This means I am unable to do the assigned task of performing QA on this application.

Everyone is pretty much fumbling around trying to figure out what is supposed to happen. This is not a very good way to start testing of a new product.

Isn’t there a folder with the technical specs? If not the original specs used by IT to build the product, at least an end user’s manual, original test cases or simplified specs of how the application will function? There had to be some kind of design documentation before this went into development. Can we have access to that information to assist in doing our task of QA? I spent many years in testing financial applications and part of my position was reading and writing the technical specifications. They were an integral part of testing as they specified each step and the expected results.

Without documentation, we are pretty much stumbling around in the dark.

e2m2

Squire
Has anyone reached 2nd difficulty level yet? If so, does it require troops or goods to conquer?

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
I can point out visible programing defects if that helps. In my Quantum City, when I open the ‘Build menu”. The “Quantum Reward” icon blocks access to items in the build menu. It also blocks access to the minimize icon to control the Build Menu window.

I can access the tabs, but cannot control the actual window. I need to close it by going back down the the Menu bar where I opened it from, and clicking that.

1706815928110.jpeg

Last edited: