• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Astrid

Baronet
100% agree with @Kronan , why do we have main cities when nothing from it can be used to this new feature ?

- 4000 attack and level 150 arctic orange = all for nothing in Titan;
- solid main city with multiple event buildings from the last year = all for nothing when Inno removes GvG and brings this repetitive, time consuming quantum settlement;
- player vs player / guild vs guild = 0 interactions in quantum incursion;

The game is more and more single player oriented, all I have to do is quit playing guild battlegrounds and and keep player interaction reduced to a minimum(just use an external 1.9 thread to raise my buildings from time to time). New era, new legendary Blueprints needed ? I don't need that when I have 8 vineyards in my city and everything keeps coming anyways.

Probably the starting idea of this new feature was good, it was named "Guild Raids", where guilds could ally with each other and plunder other guilds, sounded quite fun and interesting if the balance was right, but along the way they transformed it in something worse than the uninspired Guild Perks.

That's how you end up when your creativity is poisoned by money hunger.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Astrid - but wait - there is hope!

Ditch QI and in the forthcoming ... GE 6, 7, 8, 9, 10....

We can use all the stuff in our city!

Matt said so!

Shelby GT500

Merchant
If they listen to their customers, put an end to this IQ shame and do something similar to GvG, which is possible to play on mobile phones, they will have the support of the players and will continue to drop tons of €€€€€ into InnoGames' accounts. If you prefer to push your luck, out of stubbornness, I think a lot of people will lose their jobs soon...
Tell "Einstein" on duty that he will have to change the chip for good, as it is the players who give the game fame and success, not the other way around.

mintbunnies

Farmer
Offhand this feature seems the exact opposite of GvG, and the fact it was presented as GvG-replacement was a bad start.
The pros of GvG: the fast pace, the racing and adrenaline, the short time commitment, and the inter-guild politics is what made people still play GvG even if there was no tangible reward except rank.

Quantum seems to be the exact opposite. If it had been marketed as a new settlement then it would have probably had a better reception.

One comment, i can target a node but i cannot put a stop sign on a node. Can this be a thing please?

Kronan

Viceroy
Does everyone remember when you first started playing FoE or even starting in a new world now... a really good interactive tutorial was a part of the game - to teach you to move, and build, and excite you on all the new game's possibilities and mechanics?

QI has NOTHING. The new "Inno" is now famous for NOT doing any decent instruction, or interactive tutorials on their own, once again leaving people to figure it out, and pay for the privilege with diamonds for mistakes they never should have made if they were educated.

We've had to scream loudly for new event mechanics to have "education" or a play sandbox where we could make mistakes and they didn't count - and they still don't do it without us doing so.

Witness QI - just a few video teasers for the beta group, until today when they pull the curtain back and we're all asking each other in our guild and in here quizzically?

What do we do? What does this mean? How do I help?

Poor product launch.

In all the years I've both developed software, and been on marketing teams - I am shocked they think this is ready for beta review. It's going to cost beta players their own money and diamonds to help Inno?

Really? That's unprecedented.

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis
I hated Egyptian settlement, and this seems to be a rehash of that with a bit of GE thrown in. Overly complex gameplay, and way too long winded. Shame, I was looking forward to something more interesting. I doubt if my guild(s) will bother with it.

jovada

Regent
First look very disappointed, small guilds just may be happy to complete 1 or 2 advancements on the battles, this is only playable for large guilds (if their members want to spend extra time after GbG, expedition, events, pvp etc....) willing to pay to win.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Sad to say, Quantum Incursion seem to be just one more Cash Cow for Inno, just like the events and GBG have changed into.

Also I don't like:
Like with GBG, you need to be ind a 80 members Guild, with members willing to use lots of diamonds
I do not want to be i a large Guild. A smaller guild is more social and nice to be in.
I don't mine using some RL cash, but this is just to much. I'm retired and may have just to quit the game.
Together with this, with GBG and other new stuff, like to many Events, FoE become way to time eating.
A game should not ruin your RL time and economy. You should be able to choose when to play how much to pay.

Now it is only first day of QI, but I feel it is to complicatet and hard to understand, to expensive and time eating.
How do the players with max 2 hours playtime and limite Cash manage to play FoE

Please prove me wrong

Very disappointed! You took away the best part of the game, the GVGs, to put this little game that you would have to spend all day on your PC... if you ever managed to figure out how to proceed. The direction you are taking is absurd, several players are leaving the game

Marbles

Farmer
This is awful its just a diamond grab. by not using your city A/D and GB bonuses it basically says all your efforts prior are useless. if inno wanted to create a brand new game they should have all this is, is a new game inserted into FOE ... to me this marks the end of FOE as this will drive away more players then closing the only really free aspect to the game GVG

AllamHRK

Baronet
Summary in practice...

> They replaced GxG where you could do a large number of battles every day, individually or in a guild, with a resource where you practically can't fight anymore;

> In GxG, the score resulting from fights had a direct relationship with the era in which you were/fought... the effort to evolve and fight in higher eras was rewarded with higher scores in battles, which was reflected in the ranking and makes the total meaning, being something fair and meritorious. In this "new resource", a player who has worked hard for years to reach the last era is forced to do the few fights that there are, in the iron era? WHAT IS THE MEANING?

> All the player's years of effort to evolve his city in attack, defense and resource production are now worthless, as everyone is simply leveled and forced to start from scratch;

> Replaced GxG, a feature that was inclusive for everyone, from large guilds to small guilds and solo players, with another feature exclusive to large guilds with many players. So does this mean that every active player in the game is required to be in one of the 2 biggest guilds on the server to have access to all the game's resources? See diamond league rewards at CBG and now this IQ feature.

> Replaced a free resource with a P2W resource;

And don't get it wrong, I'm not criticizing the fact that the company wants to make a profit, it's a company and as such it obviously has to make a profit. My criticism is HOW a company chooses to do this. In short... in the gaming universe there are basically 2 ways to monetize a game:

a) You can make a very good game, which the community, the players love, and because they like it so much, they are motivated to spend on the game both to further improve their experience and to contribute to the game's developer;

b) You can make an extremely bad, irritating, monotonous, exhausting and stressful game, but full of mental triggers, to stimulate players' anger, and at its peak, make them spend money on the game to achieve their goals. Something like...

"ahhh aren't you getting the building you wanted? Is it difficult to progress in the resource? Are you stressing about not being able to achieve your goals even though you're dedicating yourself to the maximum?... So look, just spend money and it will be less stressful, you You can get what you want, just spend money and your problems will disappear."

Clearly InnoGames chose option b a long time ago, so in case you didn't understand, for you, the player, the tendency is only to get worse in the future. So the question at the end is obvious...

Is it worth continuing to spend your TIME on a game like this?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've been a generalist for most of my time playing the game and always felt favored or at least not penalized for doing so - sometimes it's good to have goods you can afford to spend; and sometimes it's way cheaper to be able to fight. The reward for single mindedly focusing on one stat isn't *that* high even within its scope (hurray, 10-20 more attrition of autobattling nausea - blech).

GBG farming was the main thing that drove people into "only attack matters" frenzy (which I disagreed with being "worth it" as it was happening - but there was at least a rationale for it), but I mean these days you still get a lot of other stuff even when optimizing only attack. So everyone probably is somewhat a "generalist" even if they didn't mean to be.
I'm in the same boat. Inno's chief dev. said they didn't like generalists like us, in their announcement for their future plans. Yet they want us to be generalists to beat GE5(+) and be successful in GbG D to receive an advantageous situation in QI.
To me it rather appears odd. That they're stating first shat they don't like generalists and wanna break away from power leap. Yet simultaneously they want us to be generalists who are fanatically active in GE, GbG diamond league and QI. I'm really confused with what they want.
what buffs for QI? None of my troops in my QI city get any boost from my regular city. ZERO. You need to build decoration that gives your troops boosts there. You are literally forced to start from scratch.
According to announcements and specs drop-down menus. If you have a forgotten temple or an GbG D temporal building (Ive forgotten the name of it), you should get military buffs in QI.

fluffycat

Farmer
One question:
The QI medals that can be used to buy expansions in your town. How much will these expansions cost and are they something you can't get any other way?
Otherwise I don't like it so far. Lousy rewards and not exciting at all. GvG could be really exciting and this is very far from that.

Norde

Merchant
I miss the detailed information on what and how to do. Well, I tried to figure out.

City
- that's nice everything build so fast, but then why 10h supply production

Move/travel
On the one hand, the linear board game layout makes no sense when you can go to the last one without completing the previous ones. On the other hand, I understand why it is so that everyone can go to where their preferred unit is. and in that sense it's not a board game, so the visuals themselves are bad and misleading
What could visually strengthen the mechanics of the game is, (wild imagination) starting point = guild castle, from here there are roads starting in several directions with nodes, (move/travel would make sense, and forget the straight line roads), nodes->forest, field, bandits, etc, (comon everything flag shapes? a little child plays with more detailed objects) when everything is ready, the boss will appear
compared to gvg graphic, only QI background is awesome

edit: just look at elvenar fellowship adventures, background, routes, nodes all makes a whole

clueless player experience: I just moved to the next node, aaaaand I was sitting, what next? 15 guild mates is there, soo we have to wait to gather more? Is it what mean the progress bar when I open the node? [No need answer, I figured out we have to fight 160x to complete the node] and later I figured out I wasted my units, I should have just move to my preferred (units)node.

Pass Progress
A couple of people easily push down half of the 7 nodes, the question is how realistic is the amount left for the pass progress, and in the end the percentage rewards are also taken away (especially if someone shows up late). This makes it look like only individual performance matters, which a few people will do, and the rest can sit and wait for the end for the free reward. But I might be wrong.

Last edited:

Pass Go

Squire
10 hours to produce from butcher building? nope, not happy with this QI so far. can't produce troops unless the butchers give whatever they give, not going to use up shards to rush for this lame "replacement" of GVG