• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly, I wish they would go back to the drawing board with this feature. Let us play with our own units, enjoy the boosts of our main cities, let us donate goods and units of our main cities. Increase the difficulty immensely so that it remains a hard challenge. But not this complex Egypt-like settlement.
I think the issue they're trying to skirt is the wide variance in capabilities of main cities. It's hard to make something a significant challenge for top guilds without it being completely irrelevant to even mid-rank guilds because of the difference in capabilities. If they want to make it a fair challenge that someone new to the game can get into and help on (which is probably of paramount importance to Inno as that's where their $ is most likely to come from) but is still challenging to longtime veterans, they have to strip out at least most of the benefit that veteran gets from their city.

Which isn't to say I think this thing looks appealing. My initial impression is this is a poorly-polished turd.

1) The pay passes give you extra quantum shards. Quantum shards seem to be essential for a fast start to your settlement - and getting a fast start to your settlement gives you more time of actually being effective on the map. Ergo, the feature is P2W.

2) The UI does not naturally convey that the core gameplay loop is to improve your settlement in order to be able to contribute more to the map. When you first go into the incursion, you should probably be taken to the settlement *first* - and only after you get things up and running (with say a skippable tutorial), taken to the map to see how you can contribute. The current system where you're taken to the map first and the settlement is hidden under a tiny control button is going to lead to a lot of people spending their free goods and units and then bailing because they "can't do anything else".

3) While it's too early to comment on what is possible or not possible when it comes to balancing (I suspect I made some rather wrong choices with my quantum shards before I understood what was ahead and won't get to try different ones for 2 weeks), the start of the settlement feels like one of the more miserable of the single player settlements. Spend a few days making lots of coins and supplies and expanding and upgrading stuff. And then you might be ready to actually start playing for the remaining week.

Kronan

Viceroy
I didn't read all the intervening posts - but seriously - NOTHING from years of hard work in my FoE city can help me here.

This has no reason to be a part of FoE.

Just start a new game type in the OPEN world of online gaming. It's hardly a replacement for GvG! GvG was integrated into your FoE city -they shared boosts and things you did in your city aided your fighting on the GvG map.

Not here. What in my city helps me in QI?

Nothing. No GBs, No HC rewards, No event buildings , no advanced age warriors.

Only just 2 things: 2 TOP SHELF earned buildings: 1 from GE 5 which takes a month or LONGER to acquire, or 2: in high-ranking mostly Diamond GbG, which many many DO NOT play!

Way to GO! -> EXCLUDE vast swaths of your gaming population! Very very ELITEist!!

If I wanted to play a new game, I would venture out of FoE and find one.

As well -

I play Iron Age, and I chipped few soldiers in my first 2 fights - why? Because the defensive soldiers are boosted and mine are NOT!

You want 80 diamonds to repair light damage? You can't be serious.

Last edited:

Uvuli

Merchant
It says I have to succesfully fulfil a challenge, but when I donate the Quantum supplies and Quantum action, nothing happens?

Uvuli

Merchant
And what am I supposed to do in that new city?
I'm really at a loss here... don't know how to play this QI, or what's going on...

lord2403

Merchant
If this the replacement for GVG - seems it's time to drop it all. Many years thousands players on all severs asked you: please don't say us about any 5%, it's not like that. They asked you, don't needs something new on GVG, we don't needs any upgrades of GVG. But just don't touch GVG. Just leave it alone and don't touch this. Instead foe sugested to the players this other piece of rubbish. As the people sayds here already, I just want to fight when, how and where I want. Do you realy wanted that 20%-30% of players left this game again, like few years ago? Congrats, you've got it. With this people you will lose the money, about what you so much worried, as well sertainly. Cool bussines, congrads...

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Why did we have to choose kind of 2 unit building and 2 goods building, if they do not go in a guild shared pool? That do not make sence to me

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And what am I supposed to do in that new city?
I'm really at a loss here... don't know how to play this QI, or what's going on...
It takes many contributions to complete a node. You probably did 1 (or a few), but it takes at least 130 progress (minimum 65 actions if they're all of the type with a "bonus"). But your individual actions will have moved your pass progress along a little too.

You need to use your quantum settlement city to make more coins and supplies. And to turn some of those coins and supplies into goods and troops to be able to keep contributing to nodes. I don't know if the 1 second productions are intended - but if they are you only need to build a goods/military building for a few moments where you want to briefly convert some coins/supplies. Then you can sell off the goods/barracks and rebuild more supply producers again.

You're only allowed to select 2 goods and 2 military buildings of the 5 possible to build. You may want to coordinate with your guild to make sure you have people well suited to different tasks with different boosts (though on military it is a good question whether having inferior units boosted is any better than just using better units that clear the fights easier but take twice as many fights).

MATR

Squire
Is it intended that i can basically jump to the final boss of a stage without doing anything / clearing a node the way down? [Except if a choice node is "in the way"].

If so, we basically build an Iron Age town for 9 days, produce units or goods in 1 min, demolish everything and spam aqueducts. After 10h we beat the **** out of the 10 bosses and we're done?

Just xD
Can you please stop balancing every feature to suit the intellect of a baboon...
you gain progress for every encounter, skipping them all and killing off the boss I don't believe will provide as much progress. The pay line requires progress. Then rewards at the end of the championship and guild ranking are based on progress. The announcement also says that once your guild has defeated the boss of the current difficulty, a Quantum Officer can unlock the next difficulty. However, if your Guild unlocks the next difficulty, you cannot clear the remaining node on the current difficulty. Make sure to coordinate with your Guild mates to make it happen and not waste any precious competition time!

joyfulrider

Squire
I am expecting the words from community managers like given below,

"After considering the feedback received, we are temporarily removing the quantum incursion feature to make some improvements on providing better player tactics and sequence of actions".

I am very much feeling confident about getting this happened based on the first impression.

Shelby GT500

Merchant
Estou esperando as palavras dos gerentes de comunidade, como abaixo,

“Depois de considerar o feedback recebido, estamos removendo temporariamente o recurso de incursão quântica para fazer algumas melhorias no fornecimento de melhores táticas e sequência de ações aos jogadores”.

Estou muito confiante de que isso acontecerá com base na primeira impressão.
We don’t want cultural colony 2.0 or 3.0. But we want a map where we can individually and/or collectively, as a guild, battle where, when and how we want. InnoGames, do you understand?

MATR

Squire
I don't know if the 1 second productions are intended
It is impossible to test something when we don't have a good understanding of how it is suppose to work. Anything that happens we think it is a feature and that is the way it should be. Am I posting the things I find questionable in the wrong place? I thought someone should know what it is suppose to do and either correct the errors or tell us that is how is should work.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It is impossible to test something when we don't have a good understanding of how it is suppose to work. Anything that happens we think it is a feature and that is the way it should be. Am I posting the things I find questionable in the wrong place? I thought someone should know what it is suppose to do and either correct the errors or tell us that is how is should work.
We might get answers later on such things after the CMs have had a chance to read points of uncertainty and ask for clarification on them. This should be the right place for that.

CrashBoom

Legend
I am expecting the words from community managers like given below,

"After considering the feedback received, we are temporarily removing the quantum incursion feature to make some improvements on providing better player tactics and sequence of actions".

I am very much feeling confident about getting this happened based on the first impression.
you forgot that they will then also activate GvG again :D

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
At the moment, I'm not impressed. In Italian, we call this "heated up soup", old stuff presented as new. A time-limited settlement, the usual battles, money pass and more buildings to put in the main city. Also, the feature lacks tooltips to explain what you can do in different parts of it.
Instead of a new reward, it would be cool if winning the QI could give the whole guild some special "abilities" like the ones that were once included in the guild perks or something like that.