• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Province Buildings (Battlegrounds)

Lionhead

Baronet
I feel it could be useful, if there was some kind of indication to how many buildings a province can hold. At the moment the only indication, as far as I can tell, is when you have build the max number, the build-buttons within that province is greyed out.
Is the number of buildings which can be build in a specific province the same in every season?
And what about if you hold 2 Provinces from which you can attack the same Province. Will building a Watchtower in both you hold double the chance of not taking attrition? How about if you build 2 Watchtowers in the same province?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I feel it could be useful, if there was some kind of indication to how many buildings a province can hold.
there are...
for every building you can build there is this shadow of a house:
upload_2019-10-14_9-35-55.png
Is the number of buildings which can be build in a specific province the same in every season?
probably not - the distribution seems random to me with the inner circle provinces having a higher chance for more slots - you can have a look here: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/User:Beelzebob6666/Sandbox#GBG_Province_Data if you have the same number of building slots avaible in the provinces on your map, please let me know...
And what about if you hold 2 Provinces from which you can attack the same Province. Will building a Watchtower in both you hold double the chance of not taking attrition? How about if you build 2 Watchtowers in the same province?
Multiple buildings (built in the same or different provinces) affecting the same neighboring province should stack.

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
ALL province buildings should have a building time less than 3 hours otherwise this feature gives advantage only to rich player that can afford to buy lots of diamonds. What sense does it make, to have 4 or more hours building time???

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Dear DEVs, what if the required guild goods for a province building would always be automatically selected from those 3 goods, from which the guild has the most?
This method could also handle the tons of useless AF, OF, VF, MA goods in the guild treasures but could also be fair for small-medium age guilds, too.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Dear DEVs, what if the required guild goods for a province building would always be automatically selected from those 3 goods, from which the guild has the most?
This method could also handle the tons of useless AF, OF, VF, MA goods in the guild treasures but could also be fair for small-medium age guilds, too.
That would be quite unbalanced - the feature was introduced like this most probably to prevent guilds with tons of resources in the bank to dominate just because of their excess in previously unused goods.

DeletedUser8743

Province buildings are making a big dent in our guild treasury despite the fact that 70% of the guild has a level 80 Arc, and the remaining members are close. At the present cost, the province buildings do not seem to be a sustainable strategy. The ones that are cheaper do not have enough impact, and the good ones are quite expensive.

Edit-our guild is presently #2 on the server, we are in platinum GBG, and we have 72 active members (inactives get a kick pretty fast). And still I feel that the province buildings are on the expensive side
Then use the buildings judiciously and strategically. Making them cheaper so the top guilds can build them everywhere without negatively impacting their guild goods isn't a strategy.

DeletedUser8743

That would be quite unbalanced - the feature was introduced like this most probably to prevent guilds with tons of resources in the bank to dominate just because of their excess in previously unused goods.
Exactly. The goods are randomized. So maybe in one province you can't build a palace so you have to settle for a fortress. Or you build the palace in a different province where the randomized goods are different.

Lionhead

Baronet
probably not - the distribution seems random to me with the inner circle provinces having a higher chance for more slots - you can have a look here: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/User:Beelzebob6666/Sandbox#GBG_Province_Data if you have the same number of building slots avaible in the provinces on your map, please let me know...

Well, I have some different Province names.
My A2(T) isn´t called Tercayca, but Tevomospa. And can only hold 1 building.
The A3(X) and the A3(Y) are the same. Both in name and the buildings they can hold.

DeletedUser6015

I received an information, do the buildings have a life counter?
I do not believe, besides being expensive we will have to build them again when the life time is over?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I received an information, do the buildings have a life counter?
I do not believe, besides being expensive we will have to build them again when the life time is over?
No and Yes - they do not expire during a battleground unless they get demolished on your volition or with a 50% chance, when the respective province is conquered. They expire however when the battleground is completed.

Also they have a build time - maybe you confused it with that?

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We'll make sure to forward everything.

We do understand the concerns regarding one-man-guilds, but the feature is supposed to be cooperative. The development team is working hard to ensure that players can compete in equal terms, so after each battleground you'll fit in a new battleground that's supposedly even more balanced than the previous ones.

DeletedUser9666

Well, GE is very cooperative and does not give unfair advantage to guilds that are bigger.
Tasks are equally challenging and engaging for everyone. And prizes are equally rewarding.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Well, GE is very cooperative and does not give unfair advantage to guilds that are bigger.
Tasks are equally challenging and engaging for everyone. And prizes are equally rewarding.
In GE the big win much more power than a small one.
Less than 3 players, we do not have access to the championship for GE, we have access to GB, and we gain a lot of power.

DeletedUser7731

HELLO
for now I find it nice, can be an expensive resource.
I play on pc, and I have a little question.
does it work on smarphone ??
thank you

DeletedUser10315

So you can delete a provice building at any time you want, right?
What about right before it is about to be taken by an enemy? So if we are going down we might as well take our belongings with us.

DeletedUser10047

So you can delete a provice building at any time you want, right?
What about right before it is about to be taken by an enemy? So if we are going down we might as well take our belongings with us.
It's a viable strategy - if someone with Battleground Constructor rights is available at that time.