• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Please

AllamHRK

Baronet
1708269850622.png
Please finish GxG soon. There are 16 people here in the guild waiting for GxG to end before dropping the game, as well as there must be several other people on other servers and countries.

It was supposed to end in December, then in January... February is heading towards the end and nothing? How long are you going to drag this out?

Remove GxG soon and launch that new crap, it doesn't matter if it's full of bugs and problems, if it's boring, annoying or irritating... the bovine NPCs are already used to it, and they'll buy the pass anyway, the money will go pay off as always... please speed this up, launch this crap soon and end GxG once and for all, there are many people waiting for this milestone at the end of Forge of Empires in 2012 to stop playing, saying a respectful goodbye what this game once was.

1708269796376.png

Tks.

Traveler64

Squire
Yes, the foe from 2012 no longer exists, we are just waiting for the end to completely migrate to another game.
And I just started my newest city. :)

This may be rude but FoE has stated multiple times that they want to upgrade their game to keep up with the gaming industry. And if that makes old players leave they have new ones joining everyday that will never know what GVG was and will appreciate QI and play it for what it is.

I have learnt to deal with this a long time ago. I never liked settlements and haven't played once till date. However people have no issues playing them repeatedly 15 times to the point that we see new ones coming. But why do we see them complaining about starting a city in QI every week if it is patterned exactly after the settlements, for which they have given positive feedback to Inno over the years by playing them!?

Last edited:
And I just started my newest city. :)

This may be rude but FoE has stated multiple times that they want to upgrade their game to keep up with the gaming industry. And if that makes old players leave they have new ones joining everyday that will never know what GVG was and will appreciate QI and play it for what it is.

I have learnt to deal with this a long time ago. I never liked settlements and haven't played once till date. However people have no issues playing them repeatedly 15 times to the point that we see new ones coming. But why do we see them complaining about starting a city in QI every week if it is patterned exactly after the settlements, for which they have given positive feedback to Inno by playing them over the years!?
You do settlement for 15 times (or less) and you are done. Then you can move to the next one.
After doing all of the required run in a city I usually don't do it again, but I do settlement in any new city I start.

QI is repetitive forever, unless different difficulties add variation like different settlements did.
But that still material for just 5 years (20 eras not counting bronze age and one championship/3 month/6 incursions per era)

Traveler64

Squire
I would rather build a simple city in QI on a weekly basis than play something as complicated as the settlements 75 times over multiple years.

Emberguard

Emperor
But why do we see them complaining about starting a city in QI every week if it is patterned exactly after the settlements, for which they have given positive feedback to Inno over the years by playing them again and again!?

Settlements has a visible end to it. 6 months to get the shiny toy and then you never have to touch that settlement again. Quantum Incursions don't

AllamHRK

Baronet
When I say "2012 FoE" it's not specifically the year, it's more of an expression to represent the original FoE, as it used to be in the past... 2012 to 2016 more or less.

I'm referring to the little things, like events that were good and fair, a smaller number of missions, simpler mechanics and no messing with the players, a longer interval between events, I remember that we used to look forward to the events... even today in day is more like "damn, another ****ty event is starting tomorrow"... and why is that? Is it because the number of missions has doubled from 30 to 60, 70? And more recently with this rival for about 150, and boring, dull and annoying missions? Was it because the event mechanics were all replaced by much more complicated, monotonous ones that took up a huge amount of TIME every day for almost a month? Or perhaps it is due to the frequency of events one after the other, where the word "event" itself has lost its meaning as it is no longer an event, something special, but routine, something normal.

When I talk, I'm referring to the little things, like the many hours you spent talking to people in the old global chat, even people from opposing guilds, because they were exactly that, opponents, unlike today where they are more enemies than anyone else. another thing. It all turned into a simple, big ego fight... "my guild is the coolest, we're the biggest" and so on.

Who still remembers that good feeling, when you finally passed the age, that special day where you updated your entire city to the new age buildings? Yes, those default buildings in the menu, it seems to me that back then it was a greater happiness than nowadays when you place 20 copies of the "new best building in the game" in the city... nowadays the default buildings menu itself of the game has lost its meaning, it is only used to carry out missions in events, as the game's goal is just one, to fill the city with event buildings, always.

In short, the game has kind of become a simple hamster wheel, where event after event everyone is running after the "new best building in the game" just to increase the attack %, and the question that remains is, for what? Is it really a necessity to keep increasing attack endlessly, infinitely? Will this really bring any practical benefit? Is there a feature in the game that means you can't win fights and therefore need to increase your attack? Is there a real significant difference in the fights between a player who has 5,000% and one who has 10,000%?... Or maybe all of this is motivated just by a matter of ego, to show the guild and enemies how badass I am having a big number in attack?

1708345809455.png
Not to mention the p2w aspect, where more and more you can buy a strong city, instead of building one, I don't know, it just seems like that original premise of the game "build your empire" kind of got lost...

And before some genius comes and says the same thing as always... "ah, but you're not obligated to play like that, you're not obligated to do events, etc"... yes you are, if you want to be an active player and build a good city (in the game's standards) you are obliged to play according to its rules. And they may even say that this is just a matter for one player or another, that everything is fine, but in my guild alone there are more than 10 who are following this path, not to mention the others who have already left, and several others from other guilds , in addition to this epidemic of players advertising accounts for sale in chats and via messages, which perhaps suggest the opposite. But of course all this could be something regional, and in the rest of the countries everything is normal.

Anyway, for these and other reasons I say that the root FoE, the one from the beginning, no longer exists in any aspect, and GxG is the last resource that remained practically the same since the beginning, and therefore automatically becomes kind of the landmark from the end of the old FoE, becoming completely another game from now on. It's like in Orwell's 1984, after the "old talk" is destroyed and the past edited, the new generations won't even know how it used to be, they will just accept what is, and in the end it's like that proverb... whether it's good or bad, time will tell.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
But why do we see them complaining about starting a city in QI every week if it is patterned exactly after the settlements

To me, they're not the same, on a number of levels.

1) Duration: You (the game gods) raze a QI city in 11 days, and even under the best of expressions, no settlement can be done that fast under any circumstances. Settlements are like slow cook crock pots (now that the time-rewards will probably not be driving the speed of accomplishment...).

2) Recurrence: QI is a recurring event - pushing a ROCK up a hill and it keeps falling down each 11 days. You don't (can't) replay any settlement you finish and obtain the top reward it offers more than once (in other words, you can't repeatedly get a 2nd, 3rd, etc SAME settlement reward). You try a totally new one with different theme if you want to continue playing that type of venue and get a new main reward for that new settlement.

3) Reward: QI is guild/team oriented winning fragments of rewards, to keep you playing. Settlement's is a personal journey of adventure, intellectual pursuit, and full reward, that grows from being able to use it on level 1, to you deciding how far you want to go, even to completion. It holds your progress regardless of how long you play, or if you stop, and continue a year later.

4) Other comparisons: Yes, there are a few more. But I've given you the top 3 differentiators.

One appeals to me more, than the other. It's a personal thing. I don't want to build something at breakneck speed in 11 days to see it destroyed and restarted. That's NOT FUN.

When the settlement actually finishes, you see that gleaming creation it took you a few months to painstakingly build, and when you get your FINAL reward, you can lay your city to rest. That's the good trade at the end.

Last edited:
the FoE from 2012 only had
research, world map and attacking neighbors
It had another unthinkable thing to it. People actually had real fun with no stress (such a shocking concept compared with the present game) They actually work at the game to grow in it, instead of being spoon fed and bored. The boredom is the main reason for all the whining and complaining as there is no longer anything of any worth left to do.

angelgail

Baronet
It had another unthinkable thing to it. People actually had real fun with no stress (such a shocking concept compared with the present game) They actually work at the game to grow in it, instead of being spoon fed and bored. The boredom is the main reason for all the whining and complaining as there is no longer anything of any worth left to do.
exackly how i feel bout QI sorry

Kronan

Viceroy

Yes Lady. One of the most exciting parts of starting a 2nd (3rd, 4th... etc) city, even if you know how to do it... is to do it! Something fun about a blank sheet of paper and you can design ANYTHING you want, anyway you want, try something new you learned and can't do it a built city -

Why is this fun?

For me - it's because I know how the entire thing works - all the science, all the math, all the pitfalls, and all the thrills.

Yeah - that's a fun game! Do it better, faster, cheaper, stronger.

shad2389

Viceroy
decided to play simcity with my live FoE city ditched all my buildings that i had in multiple examples in my live city and i built 14 new GB's since yesturday
won't be doing much in FoE in the future a part from re-designing my city and doing GE , GE should be a chalange this week with all the red att and def i ditched , GBG ain't my cup of tea and i'm not doing QI again might do the events and the setelments but i won't be of much use for any guild in the future
when i'll be tired of my Town Hall i'll work on my tech tree

Last edited: